PDA

View Full Version : Points of view and Perspective

Lucidian Dyne
09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Perspective is perhaps one of the greatest qualities that defines us as individuals. A point of view is tightly bound to everything that makes up one's likes and dislikes -- desire and avoidance, agreements and disagreements.

One man's trash is another man's treasure, so to speak. Flowers could be considered as beautiful to one person as they are grotesque to another.

Although, the balance between the sides is hardly ever equal. You could attribute that to societal standards, written law, traditions and even the environment in which one has grown up into. And between people, points of view will often clash.

Think of issues like social stereotyping, raising babies, scientific studies, high school cliques, young marriages, abortion and homosexuality. Disagreements abound, wouldn't you say?

It's pointless to ask why people show malcontent when countering one's point of view with someone else's; nothing can be done about disagreement. Rather, what I want to ask is this:

---- Should a majority force a minority to think like they do, and thereby bring about a single-minded society?

What do you guys think?

Zantetsuken
09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
This is the wrong place to discuss point of view and perspective becuase if you don't agree with most of the members here then you're mean, stupid, or you get warned. Nobody respects POV at this site.

And to answer your question, no. But I will say that a majority of single minds have more power than the minority of individual thought.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
---- Should a majority force a minority to think like they do, and thereby bring about a single-minded society?

Only if they agree with me.