PDA

View Full Version : Panic! At The Disco

prettyketty
09-03-2006, 01:54 PM
For those of you who watched the MTV Awards the other day I want to ask you, do you think Panic! At The Disco should have won the award for Video of the year??

der Scharfschüt
09-03-2006, 01:57 PM
nah I don't think so, they're a great band but their vid wasn't that good (oh and did anyone else think their live preformance sucked lol?)

Masali
09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
No, they shouldn't have. The only award they should've won was "Suckiest Pseudo Indie Emo Band Ever thought up" award. And I thought their STUDIO perfomance was sloppy. What the shite was the drummer doing?

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't recall the last time I even watched MTV, but Panic! at the Disco is a very unoridinary band that doesn't stick out from the rest of the "emo/indie" bands. As a matter of fact, most "music" they show on MTV isn't worthy of having a record deal.

Ryth
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
No, they shouldn't have. The only award they should've won was "Suckiest Pseudo Indie Emo Band Ever thought up" award. And I thought their STUDIO perfomance was sloppy. What the shite was the drummer doing?
I really couldn't of said it better myself.

Aleyna
09-04-2006, 02:31 PM
i watched only part of the mtv awards but i did see their performance and i thought it reakky suxed, the singer's vocals were horrid!!!:mad:

The Wing Man
09-06-2006, 02:07 AM
I think they suck and the video sucked, I can't believe I even watched the vma's because all the music and videos were awful.

Kristen
09-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I really like Panic!, but I don't think they should win an award for any kind of video they have thusfar. To be quite honest, none of them are that good or have a lot of effort put into them. They make amazing music, but creativly (or whoever they have in charge of that), they lack.

Music Fiend
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't even watch MTV anymore, but I have seen the video and I don't think they really should have won an award. But hey, it's MTV - they've neglected their music so that they can show a bunch of crappy reality TV shows, so they have to play something. And, all-in-all, I actually line Panic!; "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies" and "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage" are both decent songs...and the only ones I have heard from them.

Tsuna Kadiri
09-06-2006, 03:04 PM
The VMA performance sucked. The lead singer couldn't even hit one note right. I was surprised they did that bad.

As for their award, I can see why they won. The video was unique. But I really doubt they'll be winning an award for "Best Live Performance" any time soon.

Amix
09-06-2006, 06:38 PM
In general, I think the band is so retarded, I hate them. And yes, the lead singer can't sing worth crap. He should stick to lip-synching, like Ashley Simpson, God what a queer. --; I don't think they deserve any award, except "The-band-where-the-lead-singer-can't-sing-worth-crap." award. >_>;

m*short
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
i haven't seen the video, but i deffinetly like the song, i wright sins not trageties.

Katrina_Survivor2
09-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Panic at the disco isn't all that great. I don't mind the band so much as I hate the squeeling fangirls.

Neko Kira
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Well... there are only two good songs that they have produced in my opinion, howevever I write sins not tragidies is REALLY repetive and if you listnen you will find that all they do is repeat the same words over and over... but aside from that it is okay. The music vedio however, could be better. I did not really like the circus theme. but the lead vocalist looked kinda hott so i will forgive.

~Oukoku Inmetsu
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Meh.. I really do despise this band. I dislike the vocals and the music composition is just.. It's so bouncy and rather annoying for my taste.

Snowscala_Xx
10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
hmm, they're great and they actual came to charlotte ^^', but i think that mcr(my chemical romance should'va won instead of coming 3rd). ^^'

Neko Kira
10-26-2006, 05:38 PM
My Chemical Romance is so much better

Scarlet Wings
10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Not really since they don't seem to have much musical talent anyways.

timewarp90
11-11-2006, 05:09 PM
oh god Panic At the Disco is NOT a very talented band.

They try to copy the killers with how they dress
They try to raise pointless controversy with songs about sex in church
The lead singer tries to imitate a billy goat when he sings

STOP LETTING MTV CHOOSE YOUR MUSIC FOR YOU.

I think we all know that Panic! would not be popular at all if their music wasn't constantly shoved down your throat by MTV.

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/003258.html

check that out. It made my millenium ^.^

Tsuneki
11-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I really like Panic!, but I don't think they should win an award for any kind of video they have thusfar. To be quite honest, none of them are that good or have a lot of effort put into them. They make amazing music, but creativly (or whoever they have in charge of that), they lack.You just took the word out of my mouth

Scarlet Wings
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Originality is dead in pop music.

Fightstar_Theory
11-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Ha i gotta say i love you people, personally i hate them oh and the music is not emo/indie (don't give that style a bad name, it's what i listen to) is more like jazz powerpop or in other words CRAP. To be honest these people have been given a chance of stardom and i really don't think they deserve it... anyone can do better.

Jagan Eye
12-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Yes, I love Panic! At the Disco!
Flyleaf could have won that award too, but I think Panic! really deserved it.

Jagan Eye
12-14-2006, 08:28 PM
oh god Panic At the Disco is NOT a very talented band.

They try to copy the killers with how they dress
They try to raise pointless controversy with songs about sex in church
The lead singer tries to imitate a billy goat when he sings

STOP LETTING MTV CHOOSE YOUR MUSIC FOR YOU.

I think we all know that Panic! would not be popular at all if their music wasn't constantly shoved down your throat by MTV.

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/003258.html

check that out. It made my millenium ^.^
I heard and loved Panic! about a year before MTV showed them.

Ami~chan
12-15-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't like Panic! and I certainly don't like their music videos. I think I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than listen to that crud they claim is music.

And no, they shouldn't win any sort of award for their music, unless the award name begins with "Worst..."

Kristen
12-27-2006, 08:25 AM
In regards to the initial question, probably not. They're not that creative. I've seen better videos than the ones they've come up with. But either way, I don't really mind. =) I really like P!AtD.

What I don't like, however, is that so many people quickly shrug them off as "scene" or "emo". =\ So many misuse those phrases now and days that it's hard to figure out what is what and where it goes. First of all, "emo" is not a style of clothing, hair style and whatnot- "emo" is a genre of music that was created mid-eighties. (And P!AtD is still not that.)

And "scene" is a style that means you follow whatever is most popular. So technically, if P!AtD were really "scene" they'd be into the RAP appeal right now, and they aren't. But "scene" has another meaning that's a little more intense and harder to explain in a few sentences. Either and anyway, "scene" does not describe P!AtD. =\

I hope this clarifies it for those quick to judge.

Also, I'm tired of people saying that you only like bands like P!AtD if you are the above discussed, etc. That's not true at all. What bothers me more is people saying "OMG dey no gut talenntzz". You don't have to do fifteen minute drum/guitar solos to be talented, or write all your own songs. I don't write any songs, but that doesn't mean I have one hell of a voice or that I can't play my piano/guitar. What music others write for you to play has nothing to do with your talent, that's merely an additional talent that A) you don't have, or B) has not yet been allowed to you. Believe it or not, a LOT of artists aren't permitted to write their own stuff. Their label may decide that they're not good enough, or think that, whether they actually are or not is yet to be seen. The "business" is a lot more difficult than people tend to make it out to be and stating that "Omg dey gotz no talent" because of menial things such as the previously stated, only proves that you have no real idea of how things work.

Simply put, people would like P!AtD, or any other band/artist, if they weren't talented. If they were truly untalented and stated so by someone other than some twelve year old out in who cares where, then no label would have signed them, no one would purchase their merchandise and they wouldn't have made it as far as they had. Saying "dey got no talent" is merely a personal opinion, which by no means is something I am trying to take away from you. However, that's a very definitive personal opinion which isn't so much personal opinion rather than definite statement. So, rather than saying that they have no talent, perhaps say that is how you think about it. Because undoubtedly they have talent, but it's just not to your liking.

And this goes for any band or artist. =)

PS: Just because someone likes a band and/or artist that happens to be widely popular and appears on things like MTV, doesn't mean that is how they were influenced. My friend Jessica introduced me to P!AtD when they were still producing demo albums in attempt to become famous. =) Also, in no way has MTV ever made me want to listen to someone, quite frankly, I don't even like MTV. There's no music on, it's always SPRING BREAK OMG and junk such as that.