PDA

View Full Version : Spriggen

!-FallenAngel-!
09-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Has anyone ever watched this film?

It got really poor reviews but i thought it was quite a good anime film to be honest, i woiould like to here anyone else's opinions.

thanks

james

anime4fun
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
it depends, what side of the fence you sit on...

If you take the film soley for what it is, then you'll be happy with it. But if you look for something in Spriggan that it clearly isn't then it's going to get some flak.

the plot strands are generic and the narrative resolution is too convenient and conventional for the films biblical mythology and Ideology it tries to promote. the main character's drive and motivation in film does little to inspire, we don't really buy into him as a person.

but then again, was this film meant to be any different? I see it as a well put together action flick. Ok it's shallow, but maybe it's supposed to be.

I'm partial to some action/adventure anime every now and then, and I think Spriggan is a well pitched towards it's respective genre. but just don't think of it as anything more than that.

hanakuza
09-10-2006, 03:01 AM
its ok i think, but i ended up not finishing it. i got asleep partway of watching it :/