PDA

View Full Version : Teen Pregnancy

pyrothunder336
09-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Studies have shown that throughout the years teen pregnancy continues to grow at a high pace. The majority of us see it as a bad thing and it needs to stop but we say it for different reasons.

Personally, I see it that the people of today blow it way out of proportion. There is many easily explained reasons for why it continues to grow. First off, years ago before medical advancements people died at a younger age and teen pregnancy was accepted because it was needed. Since those days the numbers have shortened to an extreme lows. Secondly, since the baby boomers, the population of america has continues to grow quickly. Therefore it would make sense for more teenaged women to get pregnant because there are more of them.

Please tell me what you think on this subject.

Capernicus
09-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Yup. I find it quite distasteful to be having sex when you're a teen. But I understand passion and how that all works, so I try to keep an open mind. Honestly I think the people who collect that data are trying to make it sound worse than it is. It's called hype, and it brings ratings up for reporting networks. After all, the news needs ratings too. Another thing, they fail to understand that it is harder to be a teen now than ever before. So they should shove it.

Other than that, I would like to see the ratings go down. Optimistic as ever.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
09-01-2006, 01:53 AM
You want to know what I think? I think that getting pregnant as a teenager is not a smart thing, espescially for the child, and more importantly if you want to keep it.

A child needs a mother and a father. That is my opinion and I've seen the differences of it all.

First of all, yes before people didn't live to be thirty or so... and they HAD to get pregnant when they were young if they wanted to have children. But now people live to be over 80 and such, it gives you more time to think of things. A woman can usually get pregnant between being a teenager to being in their 40s, alot of time there, don't ya think.

I believe that a women should finish school before actually thinking of getting pregnant and she should also make sure she is mature enough to do such.

When you are a teenager, you dont really need anymore stress, like having a child. It isn't healthy and usually your grades in school drop, and you have a less chance of actually going to a good college, mostly because everything will catch up with you.

Aleyna
09-01-2006, 02:06 AM
there are many causes for teen pregnancy
the main reason is the growth in population
because of the growth of population individuals tend to do different things to cause pregance examples
a big example would be not wearing protection or getting raped
to me rape is a big deal of population growth for many growing populations in different countries through out the world
also protection is a great deal because many countries do not have a system set up of moderns day u.s and japan where there are buildings, drugstores, and gas stations to purchase protection for sex
as for me telling teens not to get pregnant is a good thing but what if thats nto enough? what if this problem is coming from other areas that we are nto focused on fixing in our country?
think about it, do you think banding abortion is a smart idea on this cause when people get pregnant for some certain situations that they cannot control?
think about it

Faceless111
09-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Teen pregnancy is stupid. Teens letting their hormones get the best of them and BAM! they're parents. Of course, that's a bit rash and vague and there are exceptions, but that's what I think of when I think "teen pregnancy". There's several things I learned in Health Class. One, don't be a fool, wrap your tool. No glove, no love. Two, you can't get pregnant or an STD if you don't have sex.

hatchi chobits
09-01-2006, 03:44 AM
^^ amen!

Atara Inferno
09-01-2006, 04:56 AM
I mean there are drugstores where you could buy condoms and all but I think teen pregnancy is stupid. Some girls don't think about what they are doing. I'm glad that I'm doing Sexual Education, I learned that some girls are stupid, they let their boyfriends control them and when they found out they are pregnant they got ditched. Some doesn't want to keep the baby, they just got an abortion. They might regret what they did to the baby they created. So sad.

Daenerys
09-01-2006, 04:58 AM
I went to the welfare office with my sister when she was trying to get on welfare because her baby daddy is a deadbeat, (she's 29.)

And you wouldn't BELIEVE how many children I saw in there. Kids from 12-17 trying to get welfare because they were pregnant.

And what's even more shocking, some of them already had children, on top of the children they were going to be having.

Kids shouldn't have sex until they're 18. Until they are legally responsible for the actions they make. They shouldn't have sex unless they are capable of dealing with a situation like that.

Edit:

How does the growth in a population have to do with Teen Pregnancy? Teens don't get pregnant because there are more teens around. If anything, teens being pregnant causes the population to grow. And the population shouldn't grow like this.

White Wolf Of Solomon
09-01-2006, 05:20 AM
I find pregnant 13/14 Year old Girls to be Detestable,Albeit is does happen

It is just going to be a rocky road even if the father stays with the mother,Going to a welfare office to get Money from the Goverment must be really embarrasing,it happened to some Girls at school and was highly frowned upon,so I would not advocate it

Master Of Shred
09-01-2006, 06:06 AM
I kinda think that the amount of teenage girls ages 13-16 pushing around strollers is kinda crazy, I mean at least where I'm at that's what I see mostly.

Their choice I guess, from most I know it came about from carelessness and or total disregard for birth control. I know alot of girls at that age are experimenting partying etc, as for a solution...have no clue cept get and use birth control.

As weather I think it's a problem or not, yeah I suppose it is. I mean I think that really cuts down on the "fun part" of your life. Your only young once, and having a kid puts a real damper on that. Yeah you may be able to get out whatever, but seriously...it's not the same I think and well thats alot of responsibility to be getting ones self into at that early an age.

But again the girls thing, and well that person may or may not be up to it. Just better hope they are lol.

In the famous words of Cheech...

"Responsibility is a heavy duty responsibility man"

DragonNight
09-01-2006, 06:11 AM
I'm a firm believer in sex after marriage, so my opinion is keep the legs closed till you have a ring around your finger. (and for that to happen you need to be 18+ so that works out too).
But if you are gonna do it, then some protection or pills is really important.

~*Athena*~
09-01-2006, 09:44 AM
i agree to teen pregnancy UNLESS the parents know their responsiblity to the child..

giving him home,

proper education,

good health

and anything he needs to grow to be a better person..

DarkMoonPrince
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Most children who get pregnant at the ages of 12/14 aren't able to take care of themselves, let alone taking care of a child, also children NEED parents for support and to take care of them when needed. So I agree what everyone here is sayind about teen pregnancy.

kurin
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Everyone is saying how stupid it is to get pregnant like these girl plan on it. It is eath shattering to the girl and the guy. Most girl are getting pregnat because they can't talk to their parents about having sex so they can't be put on birth control, and in my state at least you have to be 18 to buy condom, now most place don't care about the age because they are being safe. I was alway tought that when i have sex i can tell my mom, she want be mad or anything at me, and if i do get pregnat just tell her and i can get an abortion. I have no religon so sex after marrage just seems boring.i blame all the people who say sex is horrible unless you are married, and all the parents that tell their children if they have sex their child will be kicked out, because that is what makes them have more sex knowing their parents hate it

Eris
09-01-2006, 01:55 PM
See my signature for my opinion on the subject.

Kaikou
09-01-2006, 02:11 PM
In Canada, I don't think it was smart of the government to lower the sex having age to 14. Like, are they dence?

Anyway. I think once you turn 18 and become a legal adult you are free to do as you please. whether its a smart path you choose or a dumb one. No one has the right to tell you otherwise. And Honestly, parents who say, "I'll kick you out if you get pregnaut", are despisable. How mean is that. You'd never see italians say that. They're family is important. -.-

Eris
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
In Canada, I don't think it was smart of the government to lower the sex having age to 14. Like, are they dence?

By all likelyhood, they are not dence, since dence isn't a word.

Princess Cupcake
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I think that sex is done too much for pleasure than what it's real purpose is; reproduction. I'm not saying it's bad, I just feel that people make it into this thing where you "bang" someone. I detest people like that. If they have sex and it wasn't meant for a child to be born, (which that is totally rare and I highly doubt teens do it for that purpose) they deserve to be burdend by all the issues that come along afterwards. The child certainly doesn't.

Tsuna Kadiri
09-01-2006, 02:33 PM
People can be careless. Especially teens. You always think it could never happen to you, but then, what if it does. Teens understand the consequences, but they'll take the chance anyways. Why? When you're a teen, you basically think you're invincible.

One of my friends got pregnant last year. And she's 15. I haven't seen or talked to her since before summer break, but I know her due date was about 2 days ago. I can't even imagine what's been going on with her.

Music Fiend
09-01-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm not too big on the "sex after marriage" thing (as I'm not sure that I will even marry), but if you're going to engage in such activities before you're "mature" enough (i.e., 18), at least be safe about it; like Faceless said, a condom can be your best friend in that situation, but what's even better is abstaining from sex - at least until you are an adult. After that, you make your own decisions...

Furubalova
09-01-2006, 02:46 PM
i (personally) think its kinda nasty cause they do it at such a young age and they have so many other things to worry about (like school). and then POOF! here comes a baby that needs constant care and protection. i just think they're putting an infant in a bad position. (actually there's a girl at my school in 9th grade who's probably like 14 or 15 who they say is pregnant but you couldn't tell if ya looked at her... i haven't seen her in school though.)

Elvia
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I think it is so stupied to have a child when you are to young. you can´t even take care of yourselfs and then to be able to take care of a baby!! God that person who gets a child when they are to young are 1, stupied or 2, very desperate to try to ´save´ their relationchip.
I hate people that are too young to have a child and still wants too keep it. What kind of future can they give that child..I really don´t like it.

Ayame_Sohma
09-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Teen pregnancy is stupid. Teens letting their hormones get the best of them and BAM! they're parents. Of course, that's a bit rash and vague and there are exceptions, but that's what I think of when I think "teen pregnancy". There's several things I learned in Health Class. One, don't be a fool, wrap your tool. No glove, no love. Two, you can't get pregnant or an STD if you don't have sex.

I agree with that

Masali
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Argh, I don't quite care. If a girl my age (15-16) Throws herself in my arms saying "Take me now!" I'm gonna go for it. I don't care if it seems shallow, it kinda is. But c'mon...that oppurtunity doesn't roll around every day (and it won't). However, I know what not to do when doing the freakeh nasteh. It rhymes with Snot bulling spout. (the preceding hypothetical situation is assuming the girl doesn't have any STD's and is not a wookie or a whale. Sorry if I'm seeming shallow once again, I have low standards but they're still standards. before you fire up the bad rep button think about this: I know you'd be reluctant to enter a relationship with a 500 pound guy who lives with his mom, eating chips off his chest, and playing Halo 2 with a great personlity.)

Masali
09-01-2006, 04:58 PM
wth? I didn't even notice I double posted. Mah Bad.

Bucky Katt
09-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Teen pregnancy shows an impatience that disgusts me. A fourteen year-old went on the Jerry Springer Show as a teenage mom.
Everyday for her starts as follows:
Wake up at three A.M. to bathe the baby
Feed the baby
Do other stuff parents do to take care of babies
Finally get ready for school.
Go to school.
Come home.
Decline any/all invites to a party or shopping.
Take care of the baby.
Put the baby to sleep.
Fall asleep yourself.
And it starts all over the next day.
If anyone of 13-16 thinks they can be a teenage mom, and it'll be easy, you better slit your throat now to save your life later.

Ollie
09-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Kids shouldn't have sex until they're 18. Until they are legally responsible for the actions they make. They shouldn't have sex unless they are capable of dealing with a situation like that.Ya rly. I won't think less of someone who has sex at 16, but I personally won't want to do that until I'm graduated from high school and just...older.

People spouting that TEEN PREGNANCY HAS REACHED AN ALL-TIME HIGH are just spouting bull. Teen pregnancy is only a concern today because it's become uncommon enough so that it actually DESERVES discussion.

Buruku
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Well people do stupid things all the time over and over again, irresponsible sex is no exception. But ya know its not just teens, I've seen plenty of adults make terrible parents, and sometimes when I witness this, in public or wherever, I start thinking that mandatory abortion wouldnt be such a bad idea. We could set em up like gas stations on every street corner. ok, I might be joking..maybe
But really 13 and 14? What the HECK are those kids gonna do? Thats just frickin ridiculous, at that young raising the kid themselves doesnt even seem like an option, and like living in an orphanage is heaps better.

I'm positive their isnt one thing good about getting pregnant in your teens, or if your me, even before your mid-twenties. when I think of babies I dont think of cute or precious, I think of....bagage and poop. And who wants to haul around a bag of crap?

well...I really tried to make a point with that, no kidding.

Cless Alvein
09-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I've been thinking about starting an online campaign related to this.

Cyber: The Other Safe Sex.

Lacking the Photoshop skills to make a good banner has been a major hurdle.

(Yes, this is a joke. If you're mature enough to discuss sex, you're mature
enough to laugh at this and move on. Nothing to see here.)

Vendetta
09-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Really what I have to say is hard to word. Simple: There are ways to prevent pregnancy, be smart and think about that.

Before I forget, when things have "REACHED AN ALL TIME HIGH" It's no big deal. Why? Because this is modern time people: crime, drug use, teen pregnancy. It's all increasing and most likely will continue to increase. I bet next year it will be at a new all time high. So you really expect these things to go DOWN?

Dr.McDoom!
09-01-2006, 07:37 PM
For a start, although medicine wasn't so advanced in the past, people lived LONGER than they do now. The average individual could live up to 80 years of age, instead of 60, now. Says me, not some innacurate, mass-media report. I can explain why this has happened, but it will take a different thread.
The Teenagehood, it's only normal to be able to reproduce at that age*. I mean, if it wasn't, then why can you physically do it? The thing is that now it's gotten complicated. Decades/centuries ago, these teenagers were slightly more obedient to their parents, and life was much more simple to manouver that it is now. Teenagers now have become more complex in many sectors(hobbies, studies, addictions, groups, activities etc.). A simple, but serious thing such as a pregnancy interferes with their "complexities", making their life difficult. The lack of simplicity in life (like ages ago) makes everything difficult for them. Them being lesser and lesser concentrated on becoming more mature, wich is the only way to could handle... having children. (*sigh* i don't think i made myself clear to some of you) Let' bring it down one more time: Spoiled brats don't make good parents. Mature ones do(if they really must handle parenthood).
* Also, the average age should be 14 and over, not 12, wich is an abnormal mutation doe to "living in America".

Kids shouldn't have sex until they're 18. Until they are legally responsible for the actions they make. They shouldn't have sex unless they are capable of dealing with a situation like that.Oh, please! Giving this concept more thought, i'd say it's stupid. Having sex doesn't always mean getting pregnant and you won't be able to stop teenage sex anyway. I'd say: you shouldn't have sex if you are not conscious of what it does and do not use protection.
And another thing! If there's enough overpopulation going on, then what's the point in encouraging teen pregnancies?

See my signature for my opinion on the subject.Hmmmm... That would be an interesting idea, Diesemannen. No, really.

der Scharfschüt
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
This girl who lived by me got pregnant at about 17, I remember the day she told me(talk about an akward situation jk), I used to hang out with her alot(I was like 13 and everyone else was at least 15 lol). Well she used to drink, alot, but after she got pregnant she stopped and turned her life around, now shes married to her bf, living in a nice house(even though she still owes her parents some $ lol), and has a second kid on the way. So I guess it worked out good for her, but it really made me think about what I'm going to do(or not do) during the rest of my highschool years

Ollie
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh, please! Giving this concept more thought, i'd say it's stupid. Having sex doesn't always mean getting pregnant and you won't be able to stop teenage sex anyway. I'd say: you shouldn't have sex if you are not conscious of what it does and do not use protection.The thing is, when you're 18 you're most likely done with high school.

And trust me, I know girls who got pregnant in high school, and it ain't fun.

In general it's better to wait 'til you're a bit older for sex, since generally the older you are the more mature you are about sex and the better it'll be handled.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
09-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Teen pregnacy at an all time high? Looks like it to me. If you live in a heavily populated urban area, then yes, this is a true fact (as the statistics that the urban health departments run every year or so say). If you have ever gone to a low-income neighborhood, you see little girls (and by "little" I mean under 20*) playing with their little babies. This is a sad, but true fact people. When I was in middle and even grade school, there were lots of girls who had babies. Girls who came to school 6, 7, and even 8 months pregnant. This was very disgusting to me (yes I do mean disgusting). The worst part of it was they came back to school with the baby in tow showing it off as if it was something to be so proud of (not the the baby was at fault for the mother's own folly). How I hated seeing teachers praise the mother and how other girls would say how they wanted one too.
It seems that even with all the education, (hardly any in the school systems thanks to all the religious tightwads) the idea that sex come with no consequences dominates the young minds of today's teens. Even today, I still see it. Just before school was out in June, I saw a girl return to the high school with her new baby showing everyone her reason to quit school. She spoke about how she will not be returning to finish her junior year since she now had to stay home and care for the child.
The fact is: kids shouldn't be having sex. There is no excuse for this. Sex is there for one reason only: To make more humans. If you don't think you can handle a baby, don't have sex. Plain and simple. I wish they had more effective ways of informing the schools.

*Dr.McDoom said that 14 and above was the right age to reproduce. However, physiologically speaking the correct age range is between 19 and 21 for healthy females to have a successful pregnancy and birth. Oh and just because purberty happens early in life, doesn't mean you should go around testing out your wares.

Cat_Demon
09-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Having someone close to me do this, I do not approve of it. On my point of view a teenager is not ready to be a father or mother. Yes you may try but it usually brings a hassal onto your parents or the mom's/dad's parents. I saw someone I care for suffer, just cause of this.

As long as you can hold it up on your own I don't see a bad point in it. Just know what your getting into before you do it.

Sakura Holic
09-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Teen Pregnancy is a disgrace to girls. Brings down reputation to both girls and boys but mostly girls...
hmph...
> >;
Every year, there is at least 4-8 girls pregnant in our school. Some people show their stomach in public, but mostly hide theirs. I dont get why those slutty girls do sex and then end up with babies, getting in trouble. I mean.. teens arent ready to be a parent, and they knew that but they just do it anyways...ignorants...
They also bring shame to parents and families.
Think about it... why wont the parents get mad?
These are the reasons they should be mad about, and its mostly all of them.
1) They loose a daughter/son
2) Their child is already a parent and they didnt at least get out from highschool.
3) They need to pay the baby, or get an abortion.
4) Their child isnt a Virgin no more..
5) They loose all hopes/faith/trust on their children.
6) Aids and STD's and all those diseases from sex.

Might have MORE reasons I think but these should do for now I guess.

kurin
09-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Teen Pregnancy is a disgrace to girls. Brings down reputation to both girls and boys but mostly girls...
hmph...
> >;
Every year, there is at least 4-8 girls pregnant in our school. Some people show their stomach in public, but mostly hide theirs. I dont get why those slutty girls do sex and then end up with babies, getting in trouble. I mean.. teens arent ready to be a parent, and they knew that but they just do it anyways...ignorants...
They also bring shame to parents and families.
Think about it... why wont the parents get mad?
These are the reasons they should be mad about, and its mostly all of them.
1) They loose a daughter/son
2) Their child is already a parent and they didnt at least get out from highschool.
3) They need to pay the baby, or get an abortion.
4) Their child isnt a Virgin no more..
5) They loose all hopes/faith/trust on their children.
6) Aids and STD's and all those diseases from sex.

Might have MORE reasons I think but these should do for now I guess.Not all parents think that way, im not a virgin and im 15, and guess what I have never been pregnat and i have no StDs. My mother knows and still loves and trusts me, she even buys me condoms, she would rather me be safe about it then hate me for something thats isn't wrong. I hate it how everyone says teens having sex is wrong, because its not, its human nature. Religon is the only thing that says its wrong. Yes teen pregnancy is bad, but a girl is not a slut because of it she is human and makes mistakes

Kaikou
09-01-2006, 11:33 PM
By all likelyhood, they are not dence, since dence isn't a word.
Ever heard of spelling errors. Well I made one. I mean't Dense and you know it. Jesus, The people on this sigh are more picky then My aunt picking out a colour to paint the kitchen, how sad is that.

Miss Moonlight
09-01-2006, 11:33 PM
condoms are your friend. If you're gonna do the deed, a condom is something you need.

Unless you like having a baby at 15 and then giving putting him/her up for adoption and possibly runing their chance at a normal life just because you needed sex right at that very moment.

Of course i'm talking about consensual sex here, not rape.

sapphiredragon
09-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Teen pregnancy is bad not only because it hurts the parents (the teens pregnant or the teens who made the other teens pregnant), but also the child (assuming that they keep the child). Not only are the children going to be underprivileged from the fact that the parents aren't ready to take care of a child yet, but also because the parents pass on their stupidity genes. (How else could they get pregnant with all the protection and birth control available?)

Sakura Holic
09-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Yes teen pregnancy is bad, but a girl is not a slut because of it she is human and makes mistakes lol I dont mean that... Some girls in our school does sex.. then breaks up with a guy then have it done again with a different guy... then.. wham.. right before you knew it.. a baby... even though they used condoms...

Bucky Katt
09-02-2006, 07:02 AM
It's true. There are mistakes, but I don't see why we should feel badly for the teen moms when they brought pregnancy upon themselves by continuously having sex. That's making a mistake too many. These girls should know better than that...

Dr.McDoom!
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Dr.McDoom said that 14 and above was the right age to reproduce. However, physiologically speaking the correct age range is between 19 and 21 for healthy females to have a successful pregnancy and birth. Oh and just because purberty happens early in life, doesn't mean you should go around testing out your wares.
I didn't exactly say it's the Right age to have a baby, just the Default age when you can start doing that. I thought that not a lot of you people knew what's the Default age. In my methods, knowing the Default value helps you realise the gravity of the problem, and what started it. Go figure.
And, no, i'm not suggesting to get pregnant in any of those ages. Hell, i'd suggest somewhere around the age of 25. That's when you're done with school for good, and are psychologically ready for parenthood.

Yeah, that, and.. you & Whispers underestimate the awareness of some teenagers these days(not those who get pregnant,i mean).

Faceless111
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Not all parents think that way, im not a virgin and im 15, and guess what I have never been pregnat and i have no StDs. My mother knows and still loves and trusts me, she even buys me condoms, she would rather me be safe about it then hate me for something thats isn't wrong. I hate it how everyone says teens having sex is wrong, because its not, its human nature. Religon is the only thing that says its wrong. Yes teen pregnancy is bad, but a girl is not a slut because of it she is human and makes mistakesExcuse me while I laugh at you...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... haha... ha.

Okay, that's out of my system. Teens having sex is wrong, not just by religion, but by law. At least where I'm from, if two kids under 16 engage in sexual activities, it's illegal. So, society and religion says it's wrong.

And good for your mom that she promotes safe sex. I believe in safe sex too, since there's more STDs than I care to count. But bad that she would promote sex at a young age.

It's not that I'm against sex or anything. I just say to keep it in your pants until you're absolutely ready to be a parent. I've seen first-hand what teen pregnancy is like and it's not fun. Of course, I still love my nieces, but I wish I didn't have to be an uncle at such a young age.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
09-02-2006, 02:47 PM
It's not that I'm against sex or anything. I just say to keep it in your pants until you're absolutely ready to be a parent. I've seen first-hand what teen pregnancy is like and it's not fun. Of course, I still love my nieces, but I wish I didn't have to be an uncle at such a young age.
I agree with you Faceless111. I became an aunt at only 7 years old. My oldest sister gave birth at such an early age. Even now, she is still having problems getting her life in order. My little brother is only 11 and his niece is 13. My little sister is the same age as her niece. I don't think they like being aunts and uncles at such young ages either. I know I don't.

German_Sniper9
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
i dont care much about teen pregnacy
if someone decides to have a child when there a teen,
there's only one thing i would want to tell them
"Good luck.."

Kittyninjamewmew
09-02-2006, 05:47 PM
*shudders* i think it's creepy and stupid

raycom1
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
i belive its a personal decision, and if u hav a problem with that u should go and get a life and get over urself, i meen u cant control wat others want

Miss Moonlight
09-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I think it can be a problem that leads to unwanted children and possibly dangerous diseases.

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 12:48 AM
i belive its a personal decision, and if u hav a problem with that u should go and get a life and get over urself, i meen u cant control wat others wantI believe you should shut up, grow up, stop using "get a life", and learn some grammar skills.

Ollie
09-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Okay, that's out of my system. Teens having sex is wrong, not just by religion, but by law. At least where I'm from, if two kids under 16 engage in sexual activities, it's illegal. So, society and religion says it's wrong.
What the damn hell? Do you live in some backwater woods town in the buckle of the Bible belt or something?

The ONLY time sex for teens is illegal is if one of them is under the age of consent and the other is not, because then it's considered statutory rape. And considering your views, I think only your society finds it wrong, 'cos mine doesn't.

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 02:06 AM
What the damn hell? Do you live in some backwater woods town in the buckle of the Bible belt or something?

The ONLY time sex for teens is illegal is if one of them is under the age of consent and the other is not, because then it's considered statutory rape. And considering your views, I think only your society finds it wrong, 'cos mine doesn't.Yup, that's one way to describe Michigan. And where are you from? Because I'd hate to be ignorant about your state's laws before shooting my mouth off, which is what you were. Oh well.

But much of America is chiding teen sex, at least the politicans (the up-tights that are currently also against abortion and other stuff concerning the body). And all the health classes I've been to say teen sex will happen, but you should have safe sex. But more so, it's better to practice abstinence. Which, to me, sounds like "Don't have sex, ya moron! Get some education before you unzip your pants!"

Ollie
09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Ahaha Michigan. Oh my God that is beautiful. Aahhaaha.

And of COURSE the politicians are chiding teen sex. THE PARENTS ARE THE VOTERS. And even if they had sex as teenagers, a lot of them don't want them having it young. Not just because they wish they hadn't done it, but because parents thinking of their kids doing that always seems to make 'em uneasy.

And rather than practice abstinence, people could teach being a non-idiot about it. Seriously, not all teenagers are dipcraps when it comes to sex and DEFINATELY not all of them will end up with some horrendous tropical mucus or pregnant.

Bean Bandit
09-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Lets play nice in this thread.

Oh and by the way, teen sex was ok in the united states before. Go back a hundred years and you will see that girls were getting married at like 12 to 15 and having families. It is just how society changed over time.

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm glad you find Michigan amusing, although I'm also offended that you'd be so repugnant about my state's law and be so ignorant and distasteful toward "my society".

And since the politicans are the ones running the society and the parents are part of society, it is the majority of America's society saying that teen sex is wrong. So maybe you don't live in the States?

Teens are idiots when it comes to sex. Trust me, I've seen it all first-hand. Sex Ed. helps and even teach you how to use different types of protection, but that doesn't mean all the teenagers are going to do that. Instead, I have to deal with a stupid, knocked-up girl whining in my English class. We all took Health class in freshman year and BAM! next year, this girl is baby-bound.

Abstinence is 100% protection against STDs and pregnancy, thusly is encouraged.

And my guess is, you're 17? 18? You're probably sexually active, which is also okay, but that's the reason you are all for teen sex? You maybe live on the West Coast... California, maybe? Their laws are different from Michigan's, and so you call us "Bible-belting backwoods town" because minors are allowed to have sex with other minors where you live.

Lets play nice in this thread.

Oh and by the way, teen sex was ok in the united states before. Go back a hundred years and you will see that girls were getting married at like 12 to 15 and having families. It is just how society changed over time.Also, if you go back hundreds of years, you'll find that life-spans were shorter and as soon as the girl was capable of having a baby that she was married off.

Capernicus
09-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Um....Faceless....I live in Cali too. And I find teen sex quite distasteful. But I realize that teens are not going to stop having sex despite the efforts of people who are generally smarter and always more experienced. Can't we just take the last generations word for it? We're not ready. Period.

I just turned 19 and I only recently had sex for the first time. The reason I did it is because I am in love and I plan to marry her. (yeah, it was gay sex, but sex is still sex) And to be honest I don't think I am ready even now to be making decisions like that. And mind you, I consider myself quite mature.

But uhm..correct me if I'm wrong but this thread should be about teen pregnancy, not teen sex. I know they generally go hand in hand, but I honestly don't see myself or my lovely gf getting pregnant anytime soon (or at least I should hope not O_o) even though we are "sexually active".

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Um....Faceless....I live in Cali too. And I find teen sex quite distasteful. But I realize that teens are not going to stop having sex despite the efforts of people who are generally smarter and always more experienced. Can't we just take the last generations word for it? We're not ready. Period.That's exactly what I've been saying. Teenagers are generally idiots.
edit: I mean to say that teens don't take that sort of advice and make the stupid mistakes that the last generation tried to prevent them from doing.

Capernicus
09-03-2006, 04:07 AM
That's exactly what I've been saying. Teenagers are generally idiots.

Yeah, but you can't tell them that. Then they get all "no one understands me!" on us. >.> And no one needs that drama.

Gizoku
09-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Im not for it or against it. Just as long as the teenager wants and knows the conciquences of it. My sister did, but my [Removed] dad made her get an abortion, she had a feeling that she should have the baby.
anyways,
Humans were created to do one thing: to reproduce, not to watch grass grow.

Dr.McDoom!
09-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Sheeesh! Are you people still complaining about Teen Sex and STD's ?
--> :offtopic: <--

Ollie
09-03-2006, 03:51 PM
And since the politicans are the ones running the society and the parents are part of society, it is the majority of America's society saying that teen sex is wrong. So maybe you don't live in the States?Yeah, I do live in the US. I just happen to think that traditionalists are quite often causing stagnation in advancements. 30 years ago the thought of gay marriage didn't even exist; nowadays it's started becoming a possibility (or in the eyes of traditionalists, a threat) because things change. Meanings of words are not excluded from being changed. And the older generation always thinks the younger is less capable of handling things in general, sex especially.

Teens are idiots when it comes to sex. Trust me, I've seen it all first-hand. Sex Ed. helps and even teach you how to use different types of protection, but that doesn't mean all the teenagers are going to do that. Instead, I have to deal with a stupid, knocked-up girl whining in my English class. We all took Health class in freshman year and BAM! next year, this girl is baby-bound.Yes, because if two or three girls in a class get knocked up, clearly they're all irresponsible. Right.

Abstinence is 100% protection against STDs and pregnancy, thusly is encouraged. Have fun doing that, then. Avoiding sex doesn't necessarily mean you'll be responsible about it when it comes to it, though.

And my guess is, you're 17? 18? You're probably sexually active, which is also okay, but that's the reason you are all for teen sex?Right on the first, wrong on the second. I'm not "all for" teen sex - I advise against sex before 18, but I don't find it wrong (although I generally don't find sexuality and morality ever crossing paths, but that's something to discuss another day). Sex is their choice to have, and thusly should deal with any consequences on their own. If they want to have it, not because of peer pressure but purely for themselves, there's a pretty good chance they're ready for it, even if they aren't entirely ready for the aftermath.

Ami~chan
09-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm the product of a teen pregnancy, and I turned out just dandy. My mom managed to continue school, and have a great life.

Anyways, teen pregnancy, like most/all pregnancies, can be prevented. Use protection! For Christ's sake, you're some kind of idiot if you have unprotected sex and then are shocked when you discover you're pregnant. It's pretty easy to get a hold of a condom nowdays, and birth control is normally over ninty-five percent effective when taken correctly.

If someone is going to have sex, they need to consider all the consequences. It might turn out to be a wonderful experience, and nothing will happen. You could also get pregnant, or get a STD. I've said this so many times: Keep your freakin' head on about it, and everything will be much easier.

Technically, I'm still a teenager. I'll be seventeen in exactly one week; I've been sexually active for a year or two now. However, I've been with the guy for two and a half years, and whenever we do the deed, we always use protection. ALWAYS. Even though my fiance and I love kids, we don't want one now. I've been on birth control for about two years now, and we use a condom everytime. We're not going to take a chance. And odds are, if we continue to keep our heads on about it, I won't get pregnant.

But yes, abstinence is 100% effective against pregnancy and STDs. However, just because you plan to skip out on sex doesn't mean you shouldn't be educated. Knowing the about different kinds of protection is a must, so if you ever do get in a situation where you might have sex, you'll know what to do.

Capernicus
09-03-2006, 05:17 PM
However, just because you plan to skip out on sex doesn't mean you shouldn't be educated. Knowing the about different kinds of protection is a must, so if you ever do get in a situation where you might have sex, you'll know what to do.lol Does that go for me too? ^_^ Yeah I do still risk getting an STD, but to be quite honest it was both of our first time.

You know, it is my opinion that if you're not ready to have a child, then you're not ready to have sex. Though I'm a bit confused to whether that general rule of thumb works for me...

However Ami~Chan, I can see that you would be prepared to take care of one if the need arises. You're lucky.

Faceless111
09-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Why is everybody saying that abstinence means you're uneducated about sex? Did I say something to imply that?

Since this is just going into a dead end, I won't bother with another post after this.

Yeah, I do live in the US. I just happen to think that traditionalists are quite often causing stagnation in advancements. 30 years ago the thought of gay marriage didn't even exist; nowadays it's started becoming a possibility (or in the eyes of traditionalists, a threat) because things change. Meanings of words are not excluded from being changed. And the older generation always thinks the younger is less capable of handling things in general, sex especially.Gay marriage? How the hell did that get into this conversation? Traditionalists? Stagnation? What are you talking about? We're talking about teen pregnancy, which is nothing new. Teen pregnancy has gone back to before these "traditionalists" were born. It's not the traditionalists that fear this change, because nothing has changed. And the youth are generally less capable in everything.

Yes, because if two or three girls in a class get knocked up, clearly they're all irresponsible. Right.Sarcasm aside. No, it just means that they're idiots and it shows that there are stupid teenagers.

If they want to have it, not because of peer pressure but purely for themselves, there's a pretty good chance they're ready for it, even if they aren't entirely ready for the aftermath.If they aren't ready for the aftermath, they aren't ready for sex. Dealing with the product of sex is part of the business, so they have to be ready for that as well as doing the dirty.

And I think some people seem to be under the impression that I'm saying abstinence is the only way. I'm not say that. I'm saying use protection, but if you want to be completely free of worry, just don't do it.

Capernicus
09-03-2006, 05:19 PM
If they aren't ready for the aftermath, they aren't ready for sex. Dealing with the product of sex is part of the business, so they have to be ready for that as well as doing the dirty.
Aha! That's what I said. ^_^

der Scharfschüt
09-07-2006, 03:28 PM
okay, I just found out last nite that this girl who used to live by me got pregnant, and shes only just turned 13.... her older sister used to joke and say that her little sister was a *****, but I thought she was just being mean. then I found out that her mom wasn't mad to hear that she had sex but that they didn't use a rubber. for the love of God the girl's only 13! and the mom had nothing wrong with it?!
I'll update once I get more info

Ollie
09-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Why is everybody saying that abstinence means you're uneducated about sex? Did I say something to imply that?That may be because a surprisingly large number think that if they know about abstinence, nothing bad will happen ever, and that anal sex and oral sex are good to go.

And the youth are generally less capable in everything.O_o define everything.

Sarcasm aside. No, it just means that they're idiots and it shows that there are stupid teenagers.There are stupid teenagers just as there are stupid adults. What you're doing is grouping every teenager together as one big, stupid group.

If they aren't ready for the aftermath, they aren't ready for sex. Dealing with the product of sex is part of the business, so they have to be ready for that as well as doing the dirty. Although I agree that that's how it should be, I'm afraid it's a bit deeper than that. Being mentally and physically ready for the act of sex is not on the same level as being ready for children.

PigFarts
09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
In my personal opinion (like everyone else here!), teen pregnancy is the result of:

1) Stupid teenage girls who just want to fool around and have unprotected sex with guys, just for the pure pleasure of it.

2) Young girls who wish to prove to their parents that they are able to give birth and raise another human being.

To me, teen pregnancy is very...depressing. It just disturbs me to see such young girls with children and it bothers me to know that they basically threw their lives away at such a young age. Children and teenagers should really finish school and get their lives straight before they decide to become pregnant, and that's what I intend to do. However, I probably won't be having kids for at least another 10 years...

cherryblosmes
09-07-2006, 07:30 PM
i think that teen pregnancy is a bad thing especaily if the girl is 12 to 15 years old because usually she will get shunned at school not many girls will want to actaully talk to her. but she knows it but she still takes her chance. even if ur 18 u shouldnt get pregnant ur not mature u already have many other things u have to deal with and ppl commite suicide without having babies whats gona happen when u have to take care of someone else's life someone that has the same flesh and blood as u. also u'd feel guilty i mean u cant not take care of the baby u have to. so its just more stress. and barely do u actaully find a the father of the child stick with the mother most of them just run off and find some other victum.

teens should always careful not to get into those situations because there are painful, humillitaing at least i think so, and they r just more responsiblity and it ties to not do things u want to do. like going to parties or even going to college or even getting married later on. thats my openuion and im really strong about it because i knew this girl who had a baby she got scared at the begining and then she got happy cuz she'll feel mature and all but when the baby came she got depressed and started smoking and drinking and even doing drugs. she rouined her life and her baby's life cuz the baby will grow up with no father, the mother is alcholoic and when some asks them when they grow up who there parents r or where r they they will hate there parents and hate the day the came into this world. i've seen it happen before.

so its just better not to rush things. there is a time for everything and there is sweetness to everything like the moment u'd get the baby but the differance is that u'd get the baby at the right time.

Anna-san
09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
I take the stand that teen pregnancy is wrong. There are mainly 3 kinds of teenage girls who would agree to having sex:

1. Afraid that their boyfriend would leave them if they don't submit themselves to their desire
2. Girls who love sex, wants to experience the 'thrill' of it and they find sex partners
3. Just curious about it

It's scary to me that girls at 12 would get pregnant, but they might be ignorant of the consequences(by giving them the benefit of the doubt) so they made mistakes. I've also learnt from sex education that condoms are not 100% safe but some are very lucky when they don't get pregnant even after using it lots of times. Some don't know that condom arn't all that safe, thus getting pregnant.

I've had an experience where a girl aged 16 in my school got pregnant and my friends kept saying what a terrible girl she is, getting into pregnancy yada yada... Countless problems arises during pregnancy. Question is, can teen mothers handle it?? The mentality of certain girls(from what I know) is that ''getting pregnant is no big deal!!! Just get an abortion and everything will return to normal anyway''

It's sad. Because the process of abortion is just, horrible. Some teens who went through abortion fell into depression, because the thought of aborting their child in the past begin to haunt them.

I think the most important thing is that those who made mistakes would learn from it and not fall further. In the same way, people around would learn from their mistakes too.

_Anonymous_
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I myself do not believe in premarital sex, although I will not judge nor critisize anyone else for it...

Now, for more on the teen pregnancy issue... I think that it is more sad, than anything. I mean... it all depends on the situation... if you got raped, then there is nothing you really can do... (I don't support abortion myself, either, although I can understand it... being pregnant would scare me to death...). But... if you had sex with someone and it was an 'accident'... then that is your fault and you must take responsibility. I've never really thought about this alot so I am basically thinking as I type... I'm not going to go judging teen mother's... because I understand that it would be a very hard thing to go through, no matter what your situation. Hm... I do think that it is wrong... but I guess it really all just depends on your situation.... as I have previously stated.

Ami~chan
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Not all teenagers who get pregnant are idiots who didn't use protection; not all of them are whores. In fact, most of them are normal girls who are no more sexually promiscuous than anyone else.

One of my best friends is four monthes into her pregnancy; she's a senior this year. She's refuses to allow the fact that she's pregnant make her ashamed of herself. People have stopped talking to her because she's pregnant, but it's their loss. She's still coming to school, she's still going to college, and she's still going to have a great life. Baby or not. She's seventeen; her boyfriend is twenty. Her parents would never press charges, since they've been seeing each other for three years now. Both of them are ready for the baby; they're living together, and they've began getting a room ready for the baby. I helped paint the damn thing.

So don't think all teenage mothers grow up to be welfare moms. Seriously, most of them turn out okay.

Anna-san
09-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Your friend is very strong =)) I would like to know girls like her. One case I know, a girl threw her newborn baby into the rubbish dump after giving birth to it alone :( The baby died not long after

Faceless111
09-07-2006, 10:20 PM
That may be because a surprisingly large number think that if they know about abstinence, nothing bad will happen ever, and that anal sex and oral sex are good to go. Well, that's why people are stupid. If it has the word "sex" involved, it has something to do with sex. Anal, oral, and vaginal is all sex, I consider, since an STD can be transmitted by any of these actions.

O_o define everything.1 a : all that exists b : all that relates to the subject
2 : all that is important <you mean everything to me>
3 : all sorts of other things -- used to indicate related but unspecified events, facts, or conditions <all the pains and colds and everything -- E. B. White> http://www.webster.com/images/pixt.gif

There are stupid teenagers just as there are stupid adults. What you're doing is grouping every teenager together as one big, stupid group.Not just teenagers. People in general.

Although I agree that that's how it should be, I'm afraid it's a bit deeper than that. Being mentally and physically ready for the act of sex is not on the same level as being ready for children.I see. They're just ready for the orgasm, not the product. That makes sense.

AngelofDreams
09-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow. What a controversial (sp?) topic. Interestingly, it's roped in so many other topics along with it, such as teen sex, gay marriage\sex, the danger of STDs, etc. Each could undoubtedly be a thread of its own.

I know a couple young people who have been affected by teenage pregnancy. Neither of them was ready, but both situations turned out okay for the kid, in my opinion, but it's all according to your perspective. One girl had a shotgun marriage and moved into a trailer with her husband. This is working out well enough, to my thinking. They love each other, and have another child on the way. But then, I'm not very materialistic, and the fact is, unless the kids turn out to be exceptionally brilliant in mind and ambition they probably (statistically speaking) will have a far greater struggle making something of themselves than would, say, a child raised by two parents who were responsible enough to secure their own livelihoods before having children. In short, I am of the opinion that teenage pregnancy is a bad idea. It's irresponsible and selfish. It's downright silly. But it CAN turn out all right, and there's no way it would ever make me turn my back on a friend. Anyone who condemns someone just because they become pregnant should be ashamed of themselves. If you're religious, then just consider it to be another sin to be forgiven. Most faiths teach redemption, last I looked.

As for teenage sex, it's already been argued pretty thoroughly so far in this thread. Abstinence, of course, would be the ideal solution to a lot of problems, but few people (outside of catholicism) are that naive. The second best option, therefore, is education. And I do love knowledge.

I would cynically add, however, that most sexually active teenagers seem to spurn the knowledge that is, if not offered freely to them, sometimes crammed down their throats. Whether they're being rebelious or just think nothing bad could ever happen to THEM, this is still utter stupidity. Many teens know full well the dangers, but simply ignore them in the heat of passion. I'm not dragging ALL sexually active teenagers into this generalization- many have some common sense, but you can't tell me for the most part that it's not true; I've seen it too many times.

I think time will tell, really. In 20 years, there will be many, many more young people like Ami~chan. Ethics are determined by popular opinion, right?

Knuffle Bunny
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Actually, i happen to be a teen who tries to stay away from that.
Being so young and immature as a am, I think it's completely wrong.
The teens barely know how to take care of themselves, how can they be
ready to take care of another life?

pyrothunder336
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Actually, i happen to be a teen who tries to stay away from that.
Being so young and immature as a am, I think it's completely wrong.
The teens barely know how to take care of themselves, how can they be
ready to take care of another life?
So true but yet adults also have children when they aren't ready also? how exactly does that age difference make that much of a difference? The only thing that sets us apart is what we are allowed to do in our society or not. I'm not saying that i teen pregnancy is right. I'm just saying that a few years don't make that much of a difference. Most people that have children aren't ready for it. Teenagers or not.

Xigre
09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I have personally discovered that, in nearly all cases, pregnant teen = either ***** or deeply in love with some guy who either took advantage of that or both of them were anxious for one-another. I don't judge them, because i don't know which it is. I know quite a few and i have to say that, yes, it is growing quite a lot, but I won't degrade a 'class' of teenager just for the actions of the rest of their class. 'nough said.