PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

chuunin7
08-25-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't think I see one in here.. Well, anyone ever hear it? It's a good anime for me, BUT the details is minus and the art is just not fit the story.. And also it's have unesessary nudity in it.. But the Op music is cool! Well, discuss..

edo'sgirl
09-02-2006, 07:08 PM
I like Elfen Lied. I think it's cool. Your right, there could have been less nudity, but I think that it was a pretty good anime.

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I didn't like the anime all in all, but there were a few good points that it had to it.

I didn't understand why the main characters would even consider putting themselve in the line of fire for some strange naked girl that they found on a beach. Yet, if you think about it yourself (For the guys out there), what would you do if you found a hot naked chick on the beach that only knew how to say nyu?

Enough said. xD

Mamushi
09-04-2006, 08:37 AM
I like it. But you're right. Too much nudity. They're useless. But actually, it's very cool. Shattered human body parts, you can see the bone from it's piece..... But I prefer the ending song...

HellHog
09-16-2006, 11:54 AM
never heard of it but ill watch it soon

macus2
09-18-2006, 07:47 AM
i have seen it, its not that bad

chuunin7
09-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Lucy is cool. I like her.. I like Lucy, not nyuu.. You know what I mean.. I hope.. ^^

sharinganuzr10
09-23-2006, 10:57 AM
i liked it. but in the beginning i was surprised with all the blood. this anime has to be the bloodiest anime ive ever seen!

Mamushi
09-23-2006, 11:38 AM
You're right. Lucy is cool. Not like her other side, Nyuu. OMG. I want to kill that other side of her. Really. I hate a girl type like her! So, Lucy won't have a silly side like that.

-Neji_Hayabusa-
09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Post removed due to language

g00b
10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Elfen Lied was a really good anime, yes, a fair amount of nudity and gore, but i liked the story too, and the ending was ace

Ouroboros Anarchy
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I love Elfen Lied. Even when you ignore the nudity and gore the story is well written. The stuff dealing with repressed memories and psychological trauma isn't something you see in many animes and mangas. Well none of the ones I've seen or read.

And I disagree. Nyuu is cool, Lucy may be the cool psychotic killer, but Nyuu is the cute sister most Otaku would love to have, well at least this Otaku would.

TMcMahon51
10-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Elfen Lied is the one where people end up being dismembered a few times, right?

If so, then yes, I do find it pretty cool. There aren't many anime I know of with that kind of gore, except for Hellsing, and another that I can't exactly remember.

TheDevil'sReject
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I've seen the first 10 episodes so far and i must say that i am really enjoying it. I admit that sometimes the nudity is a bit....pointless, but putting that issue to one side, it's still a great anime and a great achievement overall.

anime133
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I have seen bits of ElfenLied, enough 2 realise shes insane xD
All i have seen is her rip people's limbs of and kill, does she even have a nice side?

Scarlet Wings
10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Everything in it is perfect :]

Pyrobrave
10-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I really like it even though it has the unnecessary nudity. Some might say the nudity was actually part of the story. But who knows. But anyways, the action is really good and if you like a lot of gore in your animes, then you will like this one.

Gnosis
10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Elfen Lied was a masterpiece. It was extremely well written, the way they put scenes of comedy with scenes of drama. The nudity served a noble purpose, though some of it was unnecessary. Without the nudity of the Diclonius, it would not have felt as realistic, or felt as serious. When people are captured and torture, they do not get clothes. You have to be mature enough to really enjoy the story, otherwise it can really freak you out.

I love Elfen Lied. Even when you ignore the nudity and gore the story is well written. The nudity and the gore are an integral part of the story. Without the brutality of the Diclonius, we would not feel what the writers are portraying.

I didn't understand why the main characters would even consider putting themselve in the line of fire for some strange naked girl that they found on a beach. Yet, if you think about it yourself (For the guys out there), what would you do if you found a hot naked chick on the beach that only knew how to say nyu?Kouta put himself in the line of fire for Nyu, beacause he a loving and kind person. It was not because she was a "hot naked chick." He would have done the same for the little girl Mayu. There exists a philosophy where you put others above yourself, and risk your life for other's well being. Go do some research on it, you might learn something.

Vodovorot
10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
The anime rocks. Just rocks. Don't mind the fansab - it is just to attract some pathetic hentai lovers (if you are one - you are pathetic! lol). I totally enjoyed the thing - the anime, not fansab, - and i can tell you guys, it will be the best thing we are to see in this year, except for Karas, of course.

>_<

Regex
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
The hell is "Fansab"?

Scarlet Wings
10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I agree, the violence and nudity is very necessary for the story.

Vodovorot
11-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Fansab is usage of nudity in anime, used to attract larger amount of viewers. lol

Vodovorot
11-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Ah, sorry for spelling - it is spel fansub. That's it. FANSUB.

Regex
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Well.. Fansub is just when unpaid fans are translating and subtitling an anime... I think you may be confused.

-Batman-
11-01-2006, 12:02 PM
I saw it on /b/TV about 2 months ago with Masali. It was funny.
Really, i'm the first to enjoy the whole...Nudity+Gore equation, but this was just too much. Not too mucH in terms of the amount of gore and nudity...Too much in terms of how lame it was.

-Neji_Hayabusa-
11-04-2006, 12:26 AM
I saw it on /b/TV about 2 months ago with Masali. It was funny.
Really, i'm the first to enjoy the whole...Nudity+Gore equation, but this was just too much. Not too mucH in terms of the amount of gore and nudity...Too much in terms of how lame it was.Funny? As long I remember, this show don't have any comedy.. Or mybe I forget.. Hahaha..

-Shinigami-
12-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Elfen Lied was very good, actually. Sure there was a lot of gore and nudity, but the overall story.. and if you watch the whole series, it can move you. I think the OP, Lilium, goes well with the anime. (It was a good idea to make it have Latin lyrics)

Celtic Warrior
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I've enjoy Elfen Lied very much. The only bad part of the show was how it ended. Also the opening theme song and using the characters in some of Gustav Klint's pantings fits perfectly for the tone of the anime.

Doomblade
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Elven Lied was great. I enjoyed the ending actually because it was short and sweet.