PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Fanfiction: Gaara's Special Some One (3)

Hyku-San
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Chapter 3 - Disappearing Kanji

You sat on the edge of your bed, staring into space. Rain pounded on the roof, and you twisted the edge of your nightshirt in your fingers as you thought. It was like 10:00, but you couldn't get to sleep. Thunder crashed, and you jumped about three feet, startled. "Scared of a little thunder?" a smooth, melodic voice said. You jumped again and whipped around. Gaara stood, arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe. You glared at him. He smirked and came to sit beside you. He held out a bowl of rice and some chopsticks. "I brought you some dinner." You said nothing, still of in thought, and tookt he bowl and chopsticks. The bowl sat in your lap, and you held the chopsticks idly. You didn't touch your food. Thunder crashed again. "Ahh!" "You are scared of thunder." You glared at him, your heart still pounding. He smirked and put an arm around your shoulder. You stiffened at his touch, your stomach doing a back flip. Thunder split the silence a third time, this time much louder than the previous two. You jmped and Gaara's arm tightened around you, pulling you closer to him. You blushed slightly and put your head on his shoulder tenativly. He smiled softly and played with your hair. Lightning flashed outside your window. "Gaara-sama?" you asked softly. "When did you get that tatoo on your forehead?" "I got it a while back, after my father had sent several people to assasinate me. I swore to love only myself...." his voice trailed of after he mentioned loving only himself, blushing slightly and avoiding your eyes. You set your chopsticks back in the bowl and set the bowl aside. "That's sad, your own father....." You traced the kanji on his forehead absently, deep in thought. Gaara flushed slightly when he felt your finger on his face.

Zing.

"Ow!" You put your fingers to your chek and drew them back bloody. Gaara blinked and picked up a senbon on the bed beside you.

Shing shing shing.

Three more senbon sliced your leg. "What's going on?" you said, bewildered. A drafty breeze hit you in the face. Your window stood open, a firgure crouching on the floor under it. You tensed, knowing you had no weaponry. The person, a boy your age, threw a kunai between you and Gaara, forcing you apart. "I killed your parents." the boy hissed, never staying in one place. "Now I'm back for you." Lightning flared and taller man stood behind the boy. "Take care of the scarlet-haired one." he said, taling to the boy. "He's not our target." The bot nodded and took off after Gaara, keeping him occupied no matter how hard he fought to get to you. The tall man unsheathed a sword he carried on his back. You jumped from place to place, dodging his giant sword. But after a while, he caught you in a corner. "Ky-aka!" Gaara called, kicking the boy in the stomach and trying to get to you. "Too late!" the tall man said, lashing out with his sword while you were distracted. "Ahh!" a huge gash in your stomach started leaking blood freely. Gaara's face hardened, and sand poured out of his gourd and trapped the boy. The man was still facing you. Gaara reached up and pressed two pressure points in his neck. The man turned and looked at Gaara before he lost consciousness. Gaara galred and swung his fist under the man's chin with such force that in flung the man backwards and snapped him head back. Gaara released the boy, knowing you would hate it if he killed them both like he wanted to. He snarled at the boy, "Take your ruthless leader and get out of here. IF you ever come back, you won't leave alive." The boy nodded, sapring his and your life because he sparred his leader's. He took the man's body and jumped back out the window, closing it afterward. Gaara rushed to your side, kneeling and looking at the gash in your stomach. "Temari! Kankuro! Get in here!" he called, gripping your hand. Temari jogged in, sleepy, followed by an equally tired Kankuro. Temari took one look at you and was wide awake. "I'll ask what happened later. We've got to get her to a hospital, NOW." Gaara blinked and poofed you and him to the hospital. A nurse looked at you and raced to get a stretcher and took you to the emergency room. The last thing you rememeber was Gaara looking anxiously over you. Then you blacked out.

You were floating, weightless, in a colorless void. Then light came back, you weren't wightless anymore and you felt something gripping your hand tightly. Your eyes fluttered open and you stared into Gaara's emotion-filled eyes. He blinked at seeing you up....and alive. You felt something tight around your middle and looked down to see bandages wrapped around your stomach. Gradually, you woke up further and saw a hospital room around you. You noticed you were in a cot wearing a hospital gown. Gaara sat in a chair beside you, gripping your hand. He swept you up and hugged you, so tightly you could barely breath. You returned the hug equally hard. He was shaking, you noticed. "Never do that to me again." he whispered in your ear. "I thought I had lost you." "I thought you wouldn't care...."you said, your voice soft. Gaara stared at you, still shaking. "Well, the truth is...." Gaara blinked, his heart beating fast as he struggled to get out the next few words. "I-I....I love you." He took a deep breath, trying to steady his galloping heart. There. It was out. Now he just had to hope about what would happen next. You blinked. "You...do? I-I...I've never said this to anyone not related to me, but....I love you too, Gaara." Gaara blinked, realized what you said, and felt happier than he'd ever dreamed of. He felt his heart soar. The two of you looked into each other's eyes and pressed your lips together in a kiss full of feeling and love. You'd never felt this happy. You were still locked in this blissful embrace when Temari started to open the door, Kankuro behind her. She saw you two and closed the door back. Kankuro looked curiously at her. "Not a good time." she explained, and left it at that. Kankuro deciced not to ask any more. He walked off, leaving Temari leaning against the door, deep in thought. She rapped on the door after a while. You and Gaara stopped kissing, but he kept an arm around your waist. "Come in." you said softly. Temari opened the door and came in. Her dark eyes were calculating, taking in every detail. Gaara's arm around your wasit, the way your eyes slid to him ever minute or so, the mark your lip-gloss made on his mouth. She smiled slightly. "Hmm....Did I interput anything?" she said slyly. Gaara flushed and you stammered, "Eh...N-no, of course not...." "Oh yeah, that sounded real convincing. Oh, and Gaara, you've got her lip-gloss on your face. Might wanna get that off before you see Kankuro." Gaara stared as Temari walked back out the door, satisfied. You sat back down on the bed, watching, amused, as Gaara grabbed a tissue and wiped your lip-gloss off his face. A nurse who apparently never bothered to knock walked in and addressed you. "You're free to go now, your sister Temari has payed the bill. Just don't to anything over-tiring and try to rest for the next couple of weeks. We'll call you when you need the bandages changed." You blinked, nodded at her, and walked out of the room hand-in-hand with Gaara. Temari smirked upon seeing you with Gaara. Kankuro just looked surprised. He opened his mouth to say something, then decided against it. You poofed yourself and Gaara home. It was the middle of the night, according to your clock. Gaara sat against the pillows on your bed, his legs spread. You sat sat between them, leaning against his chest and opening a book. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and leaned over the see the book. About and hour later, you fell asleep. Gaara panicked for a moment when you went limp in his arms, but quickly realized you were sleeping. He played with your hair for a minute and whispered, "Sleep well, Ky-aka."

Kage-Gaarak
08-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Once again you have out done yourself another 5:Excellent

Hyku-San
08-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Once again you have out done yourself another 5:Excellent
Yay!!!!!! Thank you!! I was worried you'd think I made it too romantic or somethin but I'm glad you like it! Wait a minute you gave it a 5 out of 5 or a 5 out of 10?

Daenerys
08-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Please label your work correctly. Naruto Fanfic is wrong. Fanfic only. We don't need the anime name in the title.

Hyku-San
08-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Please label your work correctly. Naruto Fanfic is wrong. Fanfic only. We don't need the anime name in the title.
I just thought people might want to know what show it was from.

Daenerys
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
The rules don't ask you to inform everyone in the title. Authors notes belong in the actual post, not in the title. And anyway, if they don't know that "Gaara" is from Naruto, then they wouldn't click on it anyway.

Hyku-San
08-22-2006, 05:49 PM
you have a point there. Wait a minute, you watch Naruto?

Daenerys
08-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I have never watched a single episode of Naruto in my life. I've been spending the past week validating images for the Naruto gallery on animegalleries.net, so I've come to learn a lot from reading subtitles and looking at pictures. Plus I bugged Kaitou for a bunch of quick run throughs on what was going on with certain pictures from the anime last night. That's how I am though, I learn a lot about an anime before I even watch it.

Hyku-San
08-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I have never watched a single episode of Naruto in my life. I've been spending the past week validating images for the Naruto gallery on animegalleries.net, so I've come to learn a lot from reading subtitles and looking at pictures. Plus I bugged Kaitou for a bunch of quick run throughs on what was going on with certain pictures from the anime last night. That's how I am though, I learn a lot about an anime before I even watch it.Some of the episodes or more violent than others, but most aren't gory. Try one this Saturday, maybe, it's gonna be great. My money's on Gaara; the Lotis Rock Lee tried was not a good move because it drains so much energy. Gai may be weird, but you can learn a good bit by listening to him. And it turns out that the Gaara Rock Lee kicking into the air wasn't even the real Gaara, just a sand shell from the way I see it. It could be some sort of sand clone, but either way Rock Lee wasted all his energy on a fake. Oh yeah, who's Kaitou? Sounds familiar, but I can't place it.