PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it (fangirls)

Rowloman
08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
how can you girls praise anime characters? I mean i can see having a favotite but a girl at my school has pictures of Sasuke, Kakashi, and Inuyasha all over her locker and some people i talk to say they'll marrie a certain character, its very disturbing.

gene the man
08-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I know what you mean(I am a guy) I know many people who adore characters in anime so much that they believe that they want to marry them...They eventually get over them in time but it is quite disturbing.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
08-16-2006, 10:24 PM
i dont get it either....

vixen_wolf
08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
lol man now THATS obsessed!!!! i wouldnt do that, i like anime charticter's but not that much lol man that is funny i like spike and vash but i dont say that i want to marry (sp?) them lol man i just cant get over that lol

.fire starter.
08-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I don't really get it either. Some people say they are in love or something with an ANIME CHARACTER. How the hell can you love something that isn't even real? =/

Capernicus
08-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes. I absolutely abhorre yaoi fangirls. >< I can't go looking for a pic for a sig request without the whole page being almost completely yaoi fanart. *dies* It just needs to end.

Though I admit, I'm like the only Sango fangirl. lol And Gaz fangirl for that matter. =3

Hitman Rocker
08-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I kind of get it, the guys around here need to be put in a mental home, or a jail :/ my friends that "Love" Anime ppl, are using this to get away from the idiots over here. And for other girls, maybe no one likes them, so it's a get away. I do it sometimes. but, I don't go overboard to "Marry" them, I just think they're Hot o_O; ( I 'admire' them <3)

red storm
08-17-2006, 04:15 AM
Just as guys can have romantic or perverse fantasies over anime characters (and they do) girls can have romantic or perverse thoughts over anime characters.

Apart from the anoyance factor it brings in discussions, I hardly see the problem.

Nuka Dragonedge
08-17-2006, 08:45 AM
well i do have a picture of Kakashi abouve my bed but im not that kind of fangirl i just want to have a deasant dream when i go to sleep lol. ok well being serious i have a bunch of pictures all around my bedroom but it isnt a certain anime or a certain charactor, and half the time i have no clue what anime the charactor is from i just like the charactor themself. and i am freaked out by those girls, they need a boy friend seriously.

Astalle
08-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I guess it's there sort of way of "Falling in love with a prince"....just in an older age and with anime....I guess

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
08-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm not like what you said. Yeah, I know that I like them and of course I know that they're only some kind of illusion. But I don't crazy about love them. Juz for fun and wasting time. Yeah.... I know there are many maniacs out there. But I'm not one of them....

Shadow of nothin
08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
hey ... is that really matter??

i'm a girl i really like hot guy charcters but i don't dream to marry them
it sound kinda crazy and creepy

but the truth is they not real

and the world full of real hot guys " U know"

maybe they don't getting that love they need
so don't push on them to hard
leave them alone to think whoever they like

Khon
08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I think I know what is going on in there head. It is almost like they are saying if they truely existed.

Princess Hoshi
08-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I agree. I am a fangirl, but I know for a fact they don't exist. They just comfort me if I'm sad for example. See the sig with Hiei? I know for a fact he won't be my future husband. Its just to be funny, and is in my fanfic. xD Some people just have to learn they don't exist, and I already am starting to like someone who is REAL...and yes likes anime. ^^;

Furubalova
08-19-2006, 11:26 AM
its not that complicated to understand. we're just obsessed with fictional people, an easy way to put it. i truly am lol and i'll admit it. i say all the time (to myself anyway lol) that i want to marry them. it's just a way of us girls to get away. its just a fantasy *sigh* ...

~kawaii~cherry~
08-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Well its just plain obsession...I mean, people who like Harry Potter go to laborous lengths to dress up as a wizard and spend thousands on merchandise, and all the girls in my class has pictures of cute celebs they draw hearts all over and say they want to marry. They all probably know that it'll never come true or anything, but they still do it because its just the way some girls are I guess ^.^

As for anime characters, maybe they just fall in love with the drawings. I mean, you gotta admit, some of the guys (or girls if your a guy XD; ) are cute and more 'perfect' than real life people.

Agomae
08-20-2006, 01:28 AM
how can you girls praise anime characters? I mean i can see having a favotite but a girl at my school has pictures of Sasuke, Kakashi, and Inuyasha all over her locker and some people i talk to say they'll marrie a certain character, its very disturbing. well...thats because there MORONS.....okay..now i'm going to get a little persanol here..and probably get a ban...but,ask any guy (no,mabye it's best you don't!) on this forum....what would you choose...Anime,or the 'real' thing..well,obviosly they would say the 'real' thing..but deep down in side they'd rather screw a Anime cartoon then any real thing...so sorry..FACT!!!!!!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p

unknowntweety
08-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Well i'm a fan girl but i don't have posters of any of the characters i drool over. I only get pictures of them on the computer. And me and y friends talk about how cute they are. I cant actually think about a reason i love the anime characters so much other than they are just too freaking sexy!!!

Ichiro Matsuchani
08-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I imagine that it's just idolizing what their perfect man would be like.

I know that sounds a bit extreme, but they can fantasize all that they want.

Bittersweet
08-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I have an answer. Because fangirls can. No, I don't know why. I like anime characters. and oddly, I think some of them are hot. but I don't think I'd want to actually marry one of them.

Princess Cupcake
08-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I imagine that it's just idolizing what their perfect man would be like.

I know that sounds a bit extreme, but they can fantasize all that they want.
You're starting to fit the description of mine! Heh heh. I read your post and now I idolize you. He understands me~ It's just easy for me to become attactched to a charactor. Most guys aren't like the ones I become attatched to so I guess I like them because they're different from real people I know. That's my fangirl opinion.

AngelofDreams
08-20-2006, 10:13 PM
I think it's mostly hyperbole, really. They "admire" the characters very much, as hitman_rocker so aptly put it.

Personally, I don't think this is such a bad thing, as long as it doesn't become REAL to them. Play to your stregths. Next anicon that comes to town, put on your Kakashi costume and wait for all the cute girls to flock to you :).

Damon R.
08-20-2006, 10:22 PM
how can you girls praise anime characters? I mean i can see having a favotite but a girl at my school has pictures of Sasuke, Kakashi, and Inuyasha all over her locker and some people i talk to say they'll marrie a certain character, its very disturbing.Does this apply to fanboys too? ;p

Yea, well, I don't say that, but a certain person I know *coughTaicoughcoughhackhack* does: "Oooohhhh, I want to marry [Insert Hot Male Anime Character] and have tens and thousands of little babies with him!"

Lol, well that may have been an exaggeration, but still. You're right when it is disturbing. I, still frankly like all of those sexy male/female anime characters, but they're just drawings, you know? I can differentiate anime and real life.

And maybe... the girls just idolize the anime characters for their maturity (or lack thereof), and how they act to girls in general (like what some people said: their perfect man). I mean, seriously. What kinda real life guy doesn't act like a dumbarse to a girl? xD We're so not perfect, so I don't blame them.

kct
08-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Archer gets a lot of fanboys even if he is male. Because he is the definition of the perfect man in the eyes of F/SN fans`.

aimforthetop
08-22-2006, 05:29 AM
It is extremely weird. Yes they look good but, they want to marry them and stuff thats weird

~Troublesome Woman~
08-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Well, I can't agree with the whole "looking for your perfect man" bit, because many of that anime characters I like, in real life, I wouldn't like (like, um, Alucard).
I like some anime guys... but I definately wouldn't go so far as to say I love them. They're just... cartoons.

Agomae
08-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh yes they look good....but marrying? thats going a little too far...and,it's impossible.....lol!!:p :D

Ωmega
08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
See, Im a girl, and even I dont understand the fan girl thing...I can understand if its a real person, like...I dunno...Orlando Bloom, but to have fantasys about Gaara, Inuyasha, or some other fictional character is just (in my opinion) retarted. They're never going to excist and you're never going to meet them, so why bother pouring such lust (or whatever) into a figment of someones imagination?

Agomae
08-22-2006, 01:36 PM
haha!!! because these 'fangirls' are what you call...um..desperate...no..mabye not that......or mabye bacause they cannot get the 'real' thing in real life..um.....yeah...wierd thread and such! lol!!:laugh:

Regex
08-22-2006, 03:03 PM
See, Im a girl, and even I dont understand the fan girl thing...I can understand if its a real person, like...I dunno...Orlando Bloom, but to have fantasys about Gaara, Inuyasha, or some other fictional character is just (in my opinion) retarted. They're never going to excist and you're never going to meet them, so why bother pouring such lust (or whatever) into a figment of someones imagination?Why does it make more sense to be an Orlando Bloom fangirl? Will you ever meet him? If you do, will he even like you? I think they both make as much sense. Not saying that it's so bad to be so interested in someone who doesn't exist or that you don't know at all. After all, Batman is still my hero. He embodies so many things that I strive for.

Tasukiseishi
08-24-2006, 01:02 AM
It's kind of unfair for a man to hang hot anime chick posters on their walls but girls get their chops busted for being fans of yaoi. I'll admit, there are some that carry it WAAAAY too far. However, why should guys be allowed to watch two women going at it yet for a woman to do it, she's considered dirty and perverted? *scratches head*

Sega saturn x
08-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Yes. I absolutely abhorre yaoi fangirls. >< I can't go looking for a pic for a sig request without the whole page being almost completely yaoi fanart. *dies* It just needs to end.
I'm betting you hate yaoi fangirls for an unrelated reason. Fan girls and boys for that matter are just annoying be it anime or video games. Since more often than not they are fans of mediocre tripe.

Daenerys
08-24-2006, 01:34 AM
No matter what, if you like an anime, you are a fan girl/boy.

AngelofDreams
08-24-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm a "fanboy" for certain art styles :). I won't watch an anime unless it has a certain alure to its art. Fortunately, most of the best anime falls into my sphere of acceptance, so my anime lexicon is not very limited due to bias.

There's really an obvious solution to the obsessed fangirl dilemma. They all need to go out and find real guys who look a lot like their most beloved character and snatch them up. Only two possible outcomes could result:

A. The relationship fails. The fangirl is then disillusioned, and is then free to live a normal life, filled with liberty and the persuit of happiness.

B. The relationship is a shining success. The fangirl lives in conjugal bliss for the rest of her life.

Either way, it's a happy ending :-D.

Dark_Cloud-Xiao
08-24-2006, 02:28 AM
It is extremely weird. Yes they look good but, they want to marry them and stuff thats weird
Yeah, wanting to marry them is over the top

Misha1688
08-24-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm a fan girl and I'm not obsessed by anime characters. I think some girls lack self confidence and that is why they exaggerate with there love for anime characters.

Tasukiseishi
08-24-2006, 03:02 AM
There's really an obvious solution to the obsessed fangirl dilemma. They all need to go out and find real guys who look a lot like their most beloved character and snatch them up.
What about the fangirls who are very happily married already? And not to men who look like anime characters?

Rowloman
08-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm betting you hate yaoi fangirls for an unrelated reason. Fan girls and boys for that matter are just annoying be it anime or video games. Since more often than not they are fans of mediocre tripe.
Yah but we dont fantasize about them, we watch it for a cheap thrill. Also i admit 9/10 anime fan guy people are perverted look at my signature some of my pics got taken off. lolz

Sega saturn x
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
No matter what, if you like an anime, you are a fan girl/boy.That's not true.

Quik
08-24-2006, 04:38 PM
how can you girls praise anime characters? I mean i can see having a favotite but a girl at my school has pictures of Sasuke, Kakashi, and Inuyasha all over her locker and some people i talk to say they'll marrie a certain character, its very disturbing.*looks at the pics in your sig* Lol, the irony...

red storm
08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes. I absolutely abhorre yaoi fangirls. >< I can't go looking for a pic for a sig request without the whole page being almost completely yaoi fanart. *dies* It just needs to end.By the same token you can't search for a normal pic for a sig without tumbling upon the thousands upon thousands of hentai pics. It's not only yaoi, fanboys can be just as scary as fangirls.

Tasukiseishi
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
It's not only yaoi, fanboys can be just as scary as fangirls.

So very VERY true!

yoko.......
08-24-2006, 05:51 PM
wow, i just take the anime charters personality and alittle of the hair to put the guys to get jelous thats all i do plus aki took sasukes hair look and made it into his own so really why do people spend time at pictures of anime when they can get a guy that has something like it really?

Rowloman
08-25-2006, 12:51 PM
*looks at the pics in your sig* Lol, the irony...
Touche but i don't praise them and i just keep these girls in my signature cus its erotic and id probably get in trouble if i put a real girl dressed like that in my signature. Also these are original characters (except Arika whos in their for another post) and i dont even know if they have names. Also im not saying that only fangirls are bad for this i was just asking about them. Also my sigs off limits those girls were the closest i couyld find to hentai without getting removed.

AngelofDreams
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
What about the fangirls who are very happily married already? And not to men who look like anime characters?
Yeah, that's scary. I hadn't thought of it. You know, though, if they're very happiliy married already they really shouldn't be obsessing over animated male characters.

Kiss of Death
08-25-2006, 01:37 PM
i like anime guys and if i really like guy, i will try a real one like that. and about anime like naruto, i think that it is all about friendship. i have friend for life and i am prowd of it

Hokage0893
08-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Spam removed.