PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Champloo-like

eown07
08-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Have you guys watched Samurai Champloo? I just bought the DVD and now it's one of my priced possessions. I love the animation, story, characters, everything! It's really good. Anyway, if guys know any anime that is as humorous, deep, and good as Samurai Champloo, please tell me.

Regex
08-09-2006, 09:06 AM
You might enjoy Cowboy Bebop.

Moon Helix Avatar
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah Cowboy Bebop can get pretty deep at times, not to mention it is one of my faves in any case. As for another recommendation, I've been up nearly 24 hours so excuse me. But I will fill you in on a few after I've had some rest lol.

jewel2sparkle
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Also try Read or Die. It is my favorite. It has alot of cool action, its unique, the animation is amazing. But this is all in my opinion.

Slumber
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
It's so stange. I absolutly love Cowboy Bebop but think Samurai Champloo is quite overated. It's not a bad show by any means, as a matter, it's a pretty good show. But everyone talks about it like it is "Zmog, teh uber awesomeness!!1!!1!!!1!1!". And I don't know why I think so either. The show feels like it should be one of favorite, but there is just something about it that turns me off. It's too bad...

But, if you want shows similar to it, see Cowboy Bebop, Kenshin, Wolf's Rain (they are kinda similar, both are about the adventure to the main destination) , and Outlaw Star. I sometimes think of Champloo as Bebop crossed with Kenshin, except not as good.

Regex
08-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Samurai Champloo is more of a "fun" show than Cowboy Bebop is. There's a lot that's just outrageous in it, like the zombie episode, or the baseball episode.

jewel2sparkle
08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Samurai Champloo is more of a "fun" show than Cowboy Bebop is. There's a lot that's just outrageous in it, like the zombie episode, or the baseball episode.
I love the baseball episode. I laughed so hard.
Anyway....I like Champloo doesn't always have to be so serious, like Regex said. Also the music is a plus and I like the era the show is set in.

Tace
08-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Rurouni Kenshin Outlaw and Cownboy Bebop would all be great 4 u and all some of my personal favorites

jep'ray
08-10-2006, 03:30 AM
for a deep story and fun story...i'll head off the radar and say the hard sci-fi anime called "Planetes" from Bandai 6 dvds and 4-5 eps each. The story is deep, theres some fun but also rather real. i call it hard sci-fi cause its roots are based in our near future, no super powers, no hyperdrives, just life in space and people doing there jobs but its done very very well and the reward is a very satifying story that neatly ends by disk 6, though i think a whole new set of ep's can be made for the main characters but thats for another thread...Planetes check it out

Aka
08-10-2006, 03:38 AM
FLCL is a good one. Elfen Lied is also a really good one, one of my favorites. Samurai X : Trust and Betrayal included as one of my favorites. I'd also suggest Berserk.

chibi_battousai_tousuke
08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
well nothing is not quite like champloo, but a good samurai anime is jubei-chan. it's good.

White Wolf Of Solomon
08-11-2006, 10:24 PM
yeah i would recomend Cowboy Bebop if you liked Samurai Champloo,albeit Cowboy Bebop is better in my opinion

†Erikai†
08-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Rurouni Kenshin is great. If you like Samurai Champloo you should get the game "Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked" for PS2, it's a very kool game.