PDA

View Full Version : to nice

miki vox
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
:laugh: does anyone think it can be anoying to be nice and polite iv been told that im to nice and to polite and that bugs some people i always thought it was a good thing to be nice polite and upbeat it lifts peoples spirits:confused:

m*short
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
hmmm...i think there is such a thing as being to nice:laugh: . but yes it is a good thing to be nice and polite!:D

Furubalova
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
it might be a little annoying sometimes but it's not a bad thing.

Sagat
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know but the way you type sure annoys the hell out of me. You are not being nice to my eyes.

Ami~chan
08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Certain situations call for politeness, while other call for one to be more aggressive. If a person is genuinely nice, and not fake, then I'm fine with it; I can't stand people who are pretending to be nice. It gives me the feeling like I've just eaten a gallon of sugar.

Furubalova
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Sugar??? sounds good.

Astalle
08-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Politeness can be viewed as annoying or just normal behavior. It also depends on how the person would react to politeness. It can be annoying to some, normal to others.

Dragon-Heart
08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
some people are just naturally to nice. i do think it is annoying. but one one of my best friends is naturally to nice and polite but i learned to ignore it, but at times it get annoying.

jewel2sparkle
08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I can see how being to nice and polite can bug a person. To me, they would be no fun.

Masali
08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I hate people who are way too nice. If you're a push over, I will take advantage of you. I show no mercy to people who aren't even agressive when the situation calls for it

chibi_battousai_tousuke
08-08-2006, 10:41 PM
it is posible to be too nice, and most people think you are scheming something.

Daimasukí
08-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes it is possible to be too nice, I know somebody that is way to nice.
Meeting someone that is really nice is great, but the sad thing is that there are jerks out there that take advantage of it. Some people get annoyed by people that are too nice. I don't why, but why would anybody hate someone that is really nice? I feel kinda sorry for those people because they are the ones that are always being positive for others and get taken advantage of. I don't hate them I hate the people that say they hate them and yet they still take advantage of them. >=\

International 4-8818
08-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Well you can be nice but then there is overly nice which is like creepy to me but can be nice i guess.

Sinnaku
08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
RAH!!!! That is not the correct version of 'too'!

I HATE poor grammar!!!!

Anyway, people who are way too nice, kind, with perfect manners do indeed annoy me. Like you wouldn't believe. You're basically a wimp too scared to get on the wrong side of people if you act like that.

Kindness is not meant to be spread around to every single person. You have to ruin them! Stop spoiling the loser with good, happy, kind behavior. Instead, chop thier heads off!

Hitsugaya Toushiro
08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
There's being nice. Then there's over doing it. Or there might be something else to it. It depends on the person really.

Moon Helix Avatar
08-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Well I think there is a way to over do just about anything, to be nice and polite %100 24/7 brings a "Barney" kinda a quality to your acting. I dunno, it is annoying at times. But it is also in your delivery of "kindness" also, everyone has a different opinion on this though.

Eris
08-09-2006, 06:15 AM
You can be too nice. Infact, I personally think you're doing people a disfavour by wrapping everything you say in fifty layers of pink cotton so that they won't get--O, repugnant thought--offended!

That way, they will be ill prepared for the cold and harsh reality that most people either don't like you or don't give a damn.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
There's a way to be nice and at the same time be direct. You can be a quiet-type person and be polite, but know how to back up your answers and explain your thoughts when someone questions you.

I'm nice by nature. I don't like calling people out or fighting, it's not my personality. I've never had someone say I was "too nice", but who knows, I'm sure somewhere along the line someone has. But if there's something I don't agree with or there's a situation where someone needs to take control, I'll be the first one to step in. I'm not afraid to say what I think, and if someone doesn't like it, then that's all on them.

Katrina_Survivor2
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't think you can be too nice, but I do think you can be too submissive. They don't always go hand in hand, but often times one brings about the other. If you are too much of a pushover, it's hard for me to respect you. Also, someone who just spits sugar every time they talk might not be as fun to be with as someone who can be aggressively funny.

There are times where I expect you to be polite. But occasionally, you have to be crude or you just aren't real.

Miss Moonlight
08-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm polite. I consider myself 'too nice' to the point of being walked on, which isn't a good thing.

Music Fiend
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
There are plenty of people who think that I am too nice or too friendly, but they just haven't seen my ugly side yet. I'll admit that I sometimes (but not often) push the boundaries too far, and I end up looking like a complete sap. I'm usually very direct and straightforward, but still very quiet and reserved, so it can be rather difficult to get a good read on me. When I get angry or upset, however, it's not a good idea to try to push me even further. But, overall, I am a little too nice for my own good, at times. That being said, I can be a complete jerk if you push my buttons...

Lucidian Dyne
08-10-2006, 05:05 PM
A few people in here have already explained what was on my mind. Being a nice person makes it easier for people to take advantage of you. I'm not sure how this would qualify on the internet, since you're only reading the words instead of listening to tones of voice, facial expressions, etc. There are some who would take the emotionally unbiased statements that you make and rework them to favor themselves.

There's a way to go about being "nice" -- layer lots of attitude on top. =D Don't be nice when you're playing nice. Be cool and level about it -- you shouldn't feel obligated to be "soft" when expressing your good nature.