PDA

View Full Version : ~*Johnny Depp*~

m*short
08-08-2006, 02:01 AM
okay so Ami~chan did this for samual l. jackson in honor of his new film, then that gave me the idea to dedicate a thread to johnny-boy in honor of the 2nd pirates on the caribbean (potc2)! so what is your fave movie of his and what's your opinion on his acting skills or your opinion of him in general?:D

*.:Endless Sky:.*
08-08-2006, 02:06 AM
I think he does very well as an actor. He's pretty cool.

Captain Jack Sparrow all the way!
:yeahthat:

m*short
08-08-2006, 02:11 AM
yeah i don't think potc would be as much a hit if they hadn't cast JD as jack sparrow! he does some amazing acting in that film!

Wilder Zelos
08-08-2006, 02:15 AM
He's good at what he does, and acting is it. He carries it out well.

Prophet of Death
08-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Johnny Depp is good in all of his films and is one of my favorite actors.

Shiro Akuma
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
He is a very good actor. But he's really known for being a great character actor. And my favorite Depp movies are Crybaby, Ed Wood and Finding Neverland.

Thousand Eyes
08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I think Johnny Depp is one of the more versatile actors out there. He tries all kinds of roles and that's what I like. The only movies I've seen with him in it are Edward Scissorhands, Nick of Time, Sleepy Hollow and Platoon. Three movies that I still want to see are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Blow and Donnie Brasco.

giantevilbunnie
08-08-2006, 07:51 AM
i think johnny depps a great actor ive seen him in sleepy hollow & edward scissorhands and of course potc and i think hes hot too

Ωmega
08-08-2006, 08:03 AM
He has to be my favorite actor. Some of my favorite movies with him are Finding Neverland, Secret Window, The Ninth Gate, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, Nightmare on Elm Street, Edward Scissorhands, Cry Baby, Benny and June, and P.O.T.C.
=3

Keyasaffection
08-08-2006, 08:35 AM
hahah...he must be the coolest actor ever...^^

halcyon23
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
hes a good actor in pirates of the caribbean both of them

Taikyo
08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
<33..Johnny Depp is on my top list of Actors. He's good at acting, getting his roles rite, and he can sing too! <33
I watech a move called "Cary Baby", I think thats what its called. That was a movie I know he had to sing and act.
But he was really good at Pirate of the Carribean. Cant wait 'til #3!! =D

narunaru
08-08-2006, 09:36 AM
-fun fact- johnny depp is afraid of clowns

PigFarts
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
HOLY COW!

Goodness me! Do I ever love the man with all of my being! My two favorite movies that he did are "Finding Neverland" and "Benny & Joon"...I'm still debating which one I like better. :p

I'm sorry, but if you think that a man who goes from "Edward Scissorhands" to "Captain Jack Sparrow" is not a versatile actor, then you have to stop doing those crazy drugs. He is a wonder in the acting world...one of the greatest Hollywood has ever seen! In the beginning, he went from teen-heart throb on Fox's "21 Jump Street" and immediately went to "Edward Scissorhands" to break that image. He can play anything: a pirate, a cocaine lord, a cross-dresser, an alien possessed astronaut, a free-spirited illiterate Buster Keaton-wannabe, and tons more! He is an amazing man with so much talent in him, it might as well just pour out of his every orifice.

...He is awesome!

Taikyo
08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
-fun fact- johnny depp is afraid of clowns
lol that and he doesn't like to watch the movies he was in. Heard he gets sick..O.o;

m*short
08-08-2006, 06:16 PM
i've always liked secret window! he does some amazing acting in it! also it's got a twist to it! really didn't expect what happend in the ending!

Ayame_Sohma
08-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Johnny Depp is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot!!!!! i love him as Jack Sparrow and in edward scissorhand and all his film really. I think its really AMAZING,HOT,WONDERFUL,just SUPER man EVER!!!!

FullMetalAlchemist997
08-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Think he's very gifted and..hot

Ansatsusha_18
08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
he puts a lot of commitment to his work, dedicated to his characters.
Simply put, without johnny, the movie would probably be bad or just not AS interesting.
He makes the best pirate.

mimichan1000
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Johnny Depp is hot!

I like alot of his work....
Right now though it's the Pirates movie:)

m*short
08-08-2006, 06:54 PM
yeah johnny's known for capturing the pure esenece of a character! he's good with the odd characters. captain jack sparrow is a great example of that!

Masali
08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
He's a moderately good actor. Every character he is comissioned to play is executed really well. But I hate his out of Movie personality.

lady_tay
08-08-2006, 07:14 PM
johnny depp is a very good actor, especially in potc. he is very funny in that movie, i love the second one.

Ami~chan
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
okay so Ami~chan did this for samual l. jackson in honor of his new film, then that gave me the idea to dedicate a thread to johnny-boy in honor of the 2nd pirates on the caribbean (potc2)! so what is your fave movie of his and what's your opinion on his acting skills or your opinion of him in general?:D
You stole my idea!! I'm starting a trend <3 <3

Anyways, I'm a huge Depp fan; he manages to dissapear within a character. My favorite movie would definately be Edward Scissorhands. I like his role as Capt. Jack, but I've always loved Edward just a tiny bit more.

pyre
08-08-2006, 10:06 PM
johnny depp rockS!! he's one of th best actors there is...i like th fact that he actually sort of shapeshifts according to th role...u know,wen he's a pirate,he acts and looks diffrently from wen he's a candy expert (and i mean even th little gestures ar diffrent)...u cant tel its him unles u know its him. sum actors stil look lyk themselves wen they get a role,but depp really transforms. i lyk him as jack sparrow,and willy wonka http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/tongue.gif http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/banana.gif http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/roillingcat.gif

chibi_battousai_tousuke
08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
johnny depp is a brillaint actor, and one of the few guys I would ever go gay for if he ever decided to fling that way. he is awesome! and an eccentric which adds like +10 to his coolness levels, so if my calculations are correct, he's a level 45 bad *** pirate candy factory owner, who was slaughtered under the false name oprah noodlemantra, who took care of a handicapped brother, and played a dead looking man in russia, with the ability to write a book and come up with a brand new name for girls. pm me if you got all the allusions.

m*short
08-11-2006, 12:31 AM
johnny depp is a brillaint actor, and one of the few guys I would ever go gay for if he ever decided to fling that way. he is awesome! and an eccentric which adds like +10 to his coolness levels, so if my calculations are correct, he's a level 45 bad *** pirate candy factory owner, who was slaughtered under the false name oprah noodlemantra, who took care of a handicapped brother, and played a dead looking man in russia, with the ability to write a book and come up with a brand new name for girls. pm me if you got all the allusions.wow....

White Wolf Of Solomon
08-11-2006, 12:44 AM
when i went to the second potc movie,i was thinking "if i hear one more pun out of depps mouth i am going to die" but he is not a half bad actor,and i never thought he was in his 40s

m*short
08-11-2006, 01:08 AM
yeah i was suprised to find that out! i think he turned like 43??this year

DarkMoonPrince
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I guess he's a pretty good actor.

The Wing Man
08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I think he a little overrated, but I really liked his acting in blow.

iSaBeLiTa
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
my fav JD movie is sleepy hollow
he's my favourite actor...:love:

The Wing Man
08-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Adam Sandler-Wanna grow old with you

Misha1688
08-25-2006, 04:09 AM
In my opinion he's simpy the best. Great actor, great man. I love his acting in Edward scissorhands. :)

lex__luthor
09-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Hes cool i like his acting in the window i think thats the title but hes a writer in it and its really cool.

arielle
09-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Johnny Depp is like... a walking sex God. O_O I mean... he is totally worth losing ones virginity over. XD

Anyway, I do like him in the PoTC movies, but I think my favorite movie he was in would have to be Secret Window. Let's face it, the shaggy hair and over all rugged look was just delish. And his acting... well, Finding Neverland was proof that he can act in any movie and still be good. He is SUPERFOUS!

Fuu Kasumi
09-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Rofl. "Walking sex god". Greatness. <3 Johnny Depp is hot!

Johnny Depp, no doubt, is my favortie actor. He's very good at what he does. And, he just fades into character.

My favorite movies with him are: Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean, Benny and Joon, and Sleepy Hollow. My all-time favorite out of those is Benny and Joon.

He is definately a versatile actor. But, I'm not quite sure I like his out of movie personality.

der Scharfschüt
09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
I liked secret window, didn't see that ending coming
and can someone answer this for me, WHAT'S WITH GIRLS AND JOHNNY DEP?!?!?! lol
I mean I know girls who are juniors w/ pictures of johnny depp in their locker

XSelymSivadX
09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
I like him hes funny. ^.^ but im lookin for a pic with him in it and will from pirates of the caribean is sayin he has a problem with braiding things into his hair.

Princess Cupcake
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I am a big fan of him and I really admire his work.

WHAT'S WITH GIRLS AND JOHNNY DEP?!?!?!
He's a hunk, der. ^_~

Shinzo
09-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Johnny depp is funny and I like most of the moves he is in.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
My favorite Johnny Depp movie is Edward Sissorhands and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I just think he's such an awesome actor. I also like the fact that he doesn't seem to get old.

Faceless111
09-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Me: "C'mon, Bro! Let's go watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest!"
Brother: "Why? You don't even like Pirates. You like ninjas."
Me: "But it has Johnny Depp!"

Bibi of the Blue Sea
09-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Me: "C'mon, Bro! Let's go watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest!"
Brother: "Why? You don't even like Pirates. You like ninjas."
Me: "But it has Johnny Depp!"
Yes. This is the perfect excuse to watch any movie. I have used it several times... ^.~

Sega saturn x
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
He's added a lot to most movies he's been in but you really can't save crap like secret window, and Ed Wood ftw!

Sakaki Takano
09-04-2006, 05:51 PM
You <3']Rofl. "Walking sex god". Greatness. <3 Johnny Depp is hot!

Johnny Depp, no doubt, is my favortie actor. He's very good at what he does. And, he just fades into character.

My favorite movies with him are: Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean, Benny and Joon, and Sleepy Hollow. My all-time favorite out of those is Benny and Joon.

He is definately a versatile actor. But, I'm not quite sure I like his out of movie personality. Yup Yup Yup That about sums it all up. It's excatly how i feel

Sickn3ss.
09-04-2006, 08:19 PM
hes a good actor. Those movies he did were reallly really good

Karel
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Meh.. he's got 20 years on me.

I swear if it wasn't for that Pirate Movie all this girlies would be.. Johnny who? Of course knowing him in POTC they would watch other movies XD

in any case, a fact, when I was a kid around 12 I use to Copy his character in Benny and Joon.

After all I really liked that One song from the Proclaimers, 1000 Miles

~kawaii~cherry~
09-05-2006, 12:38 AM
The first time I saw him I think was in Finding Neverland, and I though he looked like a girl XD; Then, in Charlie and the Chocolate factory, I thought the same cept I *LOVED* his sarcastic and extremely eccentric humour in it.

I remember one line: "In fact, you can eat everything in this room, even me. But that would be cannabilism kids and cannabilism is very, very bad." LMAO I laughed so hard at that.

In POTC2 came the same humour with the "Don't touch my jar of dirt!" And his kinda girly walk. He's the funniest actor I know! XD;