PDA

View Full Version : "What? You think he/she is hot?!" Barf.

Music Fiend
08-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Alright, here's the drift: are there any actors, actresses, models - just famous people, in general - that you think have an inflated "hotness" factor? As in, many people think that a particular person looks really hot, but you don't see what all the hype is about - you don't even know why people think they look good.

For me, it's:

~ Paris Hilton
~ Angelina Jolie
~ Lindsay Lohan
~ Cameron Diaz
~ Kate Moss
~ Jennifer Lopez

And plenty of others, I am sure...

EDIT: We're not talking about respectablity here. I do happen to respect some of these people.

Capernicus
08-04-2006, 03:47 PM
For me, it's:

~ Paris Hilton
~ Angelina Jolie
~ Lindsay Lohan
~ Cameron Diaz
~ Kate Moss
~ Jennifer Lopez

I agree with your entire list, save for maybe Cameron Diaz. Charlie's Angels man. hahaha

Johnny Dep
Jay Gordon
Collin Ferrell (XD)
Will Ferrell
Brad Pitt
John Trivolta (except maybe in Grease)
Leonardo diCaprio (or however you spell it >.>)

Princess Cupcake
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm not that into the "hype". But I think that it's overated to think that way about people. They do the stuff they do for publicity. And your list, I liked almost all of those people.

Music Fiend
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm not that into the "hype". But I think that it's overated to think that way about people. They do the stuff they do for publicity. And your list, I liked almost all of those people.
I don't neccesarily dislike those people; I just don't find them as appealing, physically, as must people do. I happen to think that Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, and Cameron are all respectable (and intelligent) women. Now, Lohan, Moss, and Hilton...that's a different story...although, Paris has may some "savvy" business decisions in the past.

FullMetalAlchemist997
08-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Alright, here's the drift: are there any actors, actresses, models - just famous people, in general - that you think have an inflated "hotness" factor? As in, many people think that a particular person looks really hot, but you don't see what all the hype is about - you don't even know why people think they look good.

For me, it's:

~ Paris Hilton
~ Angelina Jolie
~ Lindsay Lohan
~ Cameron Diaz
~ Kate Moss
~ Jennifer Lopez

most of those women are respectable to me except Hilton, Lohan, And Moss

My list is:
Will Farrell
Nick Lachey
Adam Sandler

zodiak
08-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Eh... it is all hype. I mean people care about these people because they are rich and we envy it.

__Jesse__
08-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't envy anyone. You can think I'm lying, but I'm not. I would not want to be rich. When you can have anything you want, anytime you want, how do you really enjoy anything? It's hard to appreciate something when you can always buy anything else.

Personally I think Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan are both ugly. I also have little respect for either of them and that may be partially an influence to me thinking they are ugly even though I still wouldn't find them attractive even if I had respect for them. I am big on looks, but I also am turned off by a girl when I don't respect them or don't like their personality. For Hilton and Lohan, I think they are visually unattractive AND unattractive personality-wise. So their only redeeming factor to me is their money and as you can tell that matters little to me.

But it's like that everywhere, my friends at school are always drooling over these bland, boring, barbie doll rejects and I've always wondered what all the fuss was about. One of them will hit on me, I'll resist and my friends will all be like, "are you insane?!" But I've always liked girls with a certian uniqueness. And by "uniqueness", I don't mean nerdy, gothic, or emo girls. Really just girls who aren't binded by any social stereotypes. They have to have a certain look, not just blonde double D in high heels. I've always been the type to prefer brunettes over blondes any day.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-04-2006, 09:09 PM
There's only one person that I really don't understand why people think they're so pretty, and that's Adriana Lima (she's one of the Victoria's Secret main models). I don't think she's hideous, but I don't understand all the hype.

The Unafective Disease
08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
blah lol

Gandizzl
08-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Drew Barrymore and Paris Hilton!
I can't see why they put Drew Barrymore into a movie where they compare her to two other great looking women.
Paris Hilton... she's just... bleh!

Ami~chan
08-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. I don't see why women go nuts over them.

And girls? Well... Paris Hilton, probably. I just plain can't stand her, so that might have something to do with it.

Sasuke is God
08-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Paris Hilton is horriable ugly!!! at least thats the way i see her..

Jake♥Tachy
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Women- Thalia, she purposly removed some ribs (one on each side of her rib case) people say she's hot, no she isn't she looks repugnant when she wears shirts that show her stomach, almost unhuman.
Men- Will Smith, I don't get it, he reminds me of dumbo >->, but probably it's just me.

jewel2sparkle
08-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Orlando Bloom. There, I said it, and I mean it.

Daimasukí
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Micheal Jackson! Hahahahahaha!!! belive it or not, but girls usto think he was flaming hot. Oh man, that just made me laugh so hard when I heard that.
Johnny Dep
Collin Ferrel
William Smith (hahaha! he reminds me of dumbo too XD!)
so many others...

Mariah Carey
Jennifer Lopez
Lindsey Lohan
Paris Hilton and her sister
so many others......

I blame the MEDIA!!! hahaha j/k!

Miko Kikyou
08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. I don't see why women go nuts over them.

And girls? Well... Paris Hilton, probably. I just plain can't stand her, so that might have something to do with it.
Totally agree with everything you just said!! :eek:

itooshii
08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I must disagree with Johnny Depp being on the list, though his physical hotness is debateable (sp?), team him up with Tim Burton and I always find the characters he plays emotionally appealing...though I don't know much about his real personality, so I'm looking at him the same way everyone else does, through the camera.

Faceless111
08-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Hollywood hype, what can I say about you? Oh yeah, you're dead to me.

m*short
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
let's see don't laugh!
1.johnny depp
2.david spade
3.the guy who played in just friends

InuYasha loves Kagome
08-08-2006, 03:25 AM
InuYasha.Just kidding i agree with Zodiak.

Miss Moonlight
08-08-2006, 02:37 PM

For me, it's:

~ Paris Hilton
~ Angelina Jolie
~ Lindsay Lohan
~ Cameron Diaz
~ Kate Moss
~ Jennifer Lopez

EDIT: We're not talking about respectablity here. I do happen to respect some of these people.

LOL

great topic. I chose all.

Oh, one more to add to the list - jennifer aniston. I've never found her that gorgeous as everyone says she is.

But yea, basically all of those celebs.

lady_tay
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM

My list is:
Will Farrell
Nick Lachey
Adam Sandleri agree about
nick lachey
but im not sure about will and adam, they're not that hot.

Miss Moonlight
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't neccesarily dislike those people; I just don't find them as appealing, physically, as must people do. I happen to think that Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, and Cameron are all respectable (and intelligent) women. Now, Lohan, Moss, and Hilton...that's a different story...although, Paris has may some "savvy" business decisions in the past.Probably with some guidance and help .. I can't see her making those decisions totally by herself, lol.

Miss Moonlight
08-08-2006, 02:45 PM

My list is:
Will Farrell
Nick Lachey
Adam Sandler

LOL .. since when are will Farrel and adam sandler on the 'hottest' list? but funny, yes.

And eww .. nick lachey. He's not even attractive. And he can't sing either ..

Music Fiend
08-08-2006, 02:45 PM
LOL

great topic. I chose all.

Oh, one more to add to the list - jennifer aniston. I've never found her that gorgeous as everyone says she is.

But yea, basically all of those celebs.

Aww, I like Jennifer Aniston.

Princess Cupcake
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't neccesarily dislike those people; I just don't find them as appealing, physically, as must people do. I happen to think that Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, and Cameron are all respectable (and intelligent) women. Now, Lohan, Moss, and Hilton...that's a different story...although, Paris has may some "savvy" business decisions in the past.That's definately a better way to put it. I agree, Paris has done some stupid things.

origin_13
08-08-2006, 02:52 PM
lol i just noticed that every person every one talked about puts on too much makeup! lol

Furubalova
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
my cousin's been in love with tyra banks but i just look at him and go "Why?" i don't know why i don't like her but i don't like her

Ωmega
08-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, I have an odd taste in men, so I find Johnny Depp to be extremly attractive.

Men- Ton Cruise, Matt Damon, any member of a boy band, etc.
Women, Tyra Banks, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Angelina Jolie, J-lo, any pop artist, etc

Music Fiend
08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
my cousin's been in love with tyra banks but i just look at him and go "Why?" i don't know why i don't like her but i don't like her
Ah, there is another person. I like Tyra; I think she has a wonderful personality, and with two hit shows, she definitely has some business sense. However, I never thought that she was incredibly gorgeous. Her forehead...I mean, she's very beautiful but...dude, what a big forehead. Ah well, no one is perfect, not even retired super models...