PDA

View Full Version : Post some funny Engrish.

__Jesse__
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I don't often start many threads, but I decided to start this one just for cheap laughs. I assume most people here are familiar with Engrish here since this is a website for anime fans, and as we all know anime is one of the best sources for Engrish. But for those that don't know: As many of you know, Japanese phrases and katakana are commonly fashionable in America, being put on T-shirts, tatoos, etc. My sister even had the word Heaven put on the small of her back in Japanese until she realized that she couldn't read it herself and that it could've said nearly anything in reality. Alot of the Japanese we use for style here are probably really poor and inaccurate. Likewise, English seems to be extremely fashionable and popular over there. They will try to use it on everything possible. Also, sometime a character in Japanese language versions of anime will yell out a random word in English. Also, before the videogame industry began using the kind of budgets they use today, earlier translations of videogames with text were poorly translated into Engrish.

To me, the abuse and butchering of the English language by Japan makes for some good cheap laughs, so post some funny Engrish here. Try to post real Engrish and not made up Engrish, because it's funnier when it's real. Also, if you can, post where the Engrish is from. I'll start. Also, many of my first few are going to be old and played out, but I want to post the most known ones first to prevent repeated posts. Here are some:

"What happen ?" (from Zero Wing)
"Somebody set up us the bomb." (from Zero Wing)
"We get signal." (from Zero Wing)
"All your base are belong to us." (from Zero Wing)
"What you say !!" (from Zero Wing)
"You have no chance to survive make your time." (from Zero Wing)
"Take off every 'zig' !!" (from Zero Wing)
"You know what you doing." (from Zero Wing)
"For great justice." (from Zero Wing)
"Congratulation !!" (from Zero Wing)
"All bases of CATS were destroyed. It seems to be peaceful. but it is incorrect." (from Zero Wing)
"ZIG-01 must fight CATS again. and down with them completely !" (from Zero Wing)
"Victoly" (from Samurai Shodown 4)
"Go next" (from Blast Off)
"Congraturations" (from Blast Off)
"Entry your name" (from Blast Off)
"The truck have started to move." (from Metal Gear)
"I feel asleep." (from Metal Gear)
"A winner is you!" (from NES Pro Wrestling game)
"Shine get!" (from Japanese version of Mario Sunshine)
"For the win" (have no idea where that's from...)

Just for the hell of it, here is some intentional Engrish:
"Let's fighting love" (Southpark making fun of Jpop)
"I HAVE FURY!" (Fawful from Mario & Luigi)
"Throw more knives... ALL THE TIME." (Starsky and Hutch)

Now, post some Engrish. I've pretty much listed most from videogames and the most commonly quoted, so maybe there won't be many repeats.

zodiak
08-03-2006, 07:24 PM
this is spam and a stupid topic.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-03-2006, 07:44 PM
http://www.engrish.com
Also there’s the instant engrish method. Take something, put it into a automatic translator like http://babelfish.altavista.com, translate it to Japanese, and translate it back to English. For example, the beginning of the Gettysburg Address becomes…

It had the new nation where 87 years ago, our fathers are imagined, being the same 輩 where human everyone was drawn up in this continent being free, are used exclusively in proposition.

Sinnaku
08-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Is it spam? Really? It's originol indeed.

I saw a road sing that said Humped Zebra Crossing once.

Riyokin
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Stop raping the english language

Sinnaku
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
"Smorked Salmon and Cream Cheese"

Ha!

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Stop raping the english language
Do you really think the entire Japanese people read this message board?

The Unafective Disease
08-03-2006, 09:16 PM
lol

Bean Bandit
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Closed