PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else do skateboarding?

Andrew (Ender) Wiggin
08-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I skateboard. People say I just don't have the skater look. What exactly -IS- a skater look?

PRETTY_BABY_BOY
08-03-2006, 01:54 PM
if u kno wut song this is from.....u got problems
http://insane.sigh.org/bleach/bakemonoichi.png

Messenger From Hell
08-03-2006, 01:54 PM
anybody can skate..so...technically there IS no scater look...
but....I guess you could be called a scater if you use vans...:D

der Scharfschüt
08-03-2006, 01:56 PM
you gotta have skater shoes(vans etnies etc.), long hair(anything over 2" is long to me lol), girl pants(optional), and a shirt with a logo(like element). yea a couple of my friends skate alot...

Music Fiend
08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I skate, sometimes. I certainly don't "look" like a skateboarder (if you want to apply some stereotypical style to the average skateboarder); in fact, some of my friends call me "Pharrell" (as in Pharrell Williams, rapper and member of N.E.R.D.).

ryuu_underworld_overlord
08-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I am starting so I don't know

Gizoku
08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Yup, I do, I know how I just dont know how to do tricks ect. its hard teaching yourself XI

Andrew (Ender) Wiggin
08-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks. I do have Vans and Element stuff.. Just.. Girl pants?

Master Ninja Aldj
08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I used to....

Ami~chan
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I used to skateboard when I was younger, but I wasn't good at it. I've long since abandoned the hobby.

jewel2sparkle
08-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I am a skater-girl....i dont really have the look either. I just wear what I like....

The-_-Wizard
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah im a skater and im really good im vert.. and the skater look is long hair van shoes long shorts plain t-shirt so in other words cool..hip ganstaer...

Moon Helix Avatar
08-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I tried it, and suck badly lol.

*.:Endless Sky:.*
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM
You don't need anything to look like a skater...simply because there is no skater look.

I fall down a lot, but I do skateboard.

Moon Helix Avatar
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I broke my pinkie doing it, I ate the parking lot lol. I was actually doing well for once and was doing a really good 50/50 grind on a parking block, my truck hit a nick in the block and I went flying and busted my lip and broke my pinkie finger on my left hand. Sucked, and never bothered doing it again lol.

Andrew (Ender) Wiggin
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow.. That's too bad.. I was doing a 50/50 down a rail.. The board flew out from under me.. Guess what I hit...

Thousand Eyes
08-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I used to skateboard a lot back in public school, but I gave up after I entered high school. I got injured too many times doing kick flips on tall objects. But, it's not really the injuries that made me stop, it's just that I got lazy. My grip tape also sucked lol...but the deck was Plan B.

As for the whole skater look? There's no such thing. Wear baggy pants with a skater brand t-shirt and your Vans shoes, that's the typical skater "look" if that's what people are talking about.

Andrew (Ender) Wiggin
08-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Gee.. Thanks Thousand.. Poor thing you quit though. Crash and burn to learn.

jewel2sparkle
08-05-2006, 12:51 AM
simply because there is no skater look.

Wrong...there is definatly a look that just screams skater.....

Andrew (Ender) Wiggin
08-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Wrong...there is definatly a look that just screams skater.....You mean like... Ripped long denim shorts, element[or something] baggy shirts, vans?

Keyasaffection
08-05-2006, 08:10 AM
nope, i rolleblade...more fun....

m*short
08-05-2006, 01:43 PM
i try to skateboard but i'm still bad at it ^^;

DarkGundamPilot
08-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Wrong...there is definatly a look that just screams skater.....
By who? What makes someone a skater is the actual ability to skateboard. Looks have nothing to do with it. These 'looks' were all started by some clothing industries and their provoking advertisements.

Masali
08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
With the release of THPS for the n64 everyone started. Most people quit, but a few stuck with it. I am one of the ones who got bored and quit after a week.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-06-2006, 10:44 AM
I've never tried it. No one ever had a skateboard I could play around with, and that still seems kind of weird to me since my entire neighborhood growing up was all guys, and I was the only girl. It's still that way, and they still have no skateboards!

There is a stereotypical skater look that you all described pretty well already. Doesn't mean all skaters dress that way, but most do.
But, looking like a skater and being able to actually skateboard are two different things.

jewel2sparkle
08-07-2006, 01:20 AM
By who? What makes someone a skater is the actual ability to skateboard. Looks have nothing to do with it. These 'looks' were all started by some clothing industries and their provoking advertisements.

By who? The humans...that's who.
I didn't say wearing a certain style gives you the ability to skate. I'd say there is a certain style because alot of skaters buy clothes from skating companies. And yes the "look" probably was started by some clothing industry...so what's you point?

tehanimefreak101[/color]]I skate, sometimes. I certainly don't "look" like a skateboarder (if you want to apply some stereotypical style to the average skateboarder); in fact, some of my friends call me "Pharrell" (as in Pharrell Williams, rapper and member of N.E.R.D.).
Ugh. Such slander to his good name.

Dr.McDoom!
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Skater look? Pfha! Actually, what it takes are thick, hairy legs; 3/4 pants, vans(or Nikes, whatever); t-shirts; and some past accidents (prefferably broken bones, even if not related to skating).
I know that because i'm getting the skaboarding rage myself.

Itachi~Uchiha
08-07-2006, 08:38 AM
There isn't a skater look and I love skate boarding. I'm just a kick flip away from going out for a tournament again. I'm like 2-4 tournament so I'm doing well. But for the skater look there isn't one and never will be one.