PDA

View Full Version : [contest] Final voting for the af.com/ag.net Sig master contest

wizz-o-matic
07-30-2006, 05:09 AM
finally, the voting is up.
This time due to 6 entries we can use the poll system for voting ^_^

This time the finalist can't vote.

You can discuss the sigs in this thread ... just don't reveal the artists ^_^

Damon R.
07-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Woah. They're like, all good, but the last one's got my vote. ;] I like the effects it has, and it's not too bright, or too dark. It's just right for my tastes.

I particularly like the first (Sasuke, right?) one, but he blends in too much. ;[

wizz-o-matic
07-30-2006, 05:41 AM
oh, btw ... I'd appreciate if you could PM me the name of the anime/game you used in the sigs (not only the finalist, but all). you can eather PM me or message me via AIM/MSN/ICQ .... tnx

Kurumirina
07-30-2006, 05:42 AM
hmm....nice the final voting is here....lucky I was here!xD....cause wizz gave the link...>.>...anyway I like the 3rd style....cause it reminds me of a very old and close friend's style of making sig...though all the other sig's style are beyond words...I still think 3rd style is very nicely don't and the quote is very meaningfull....just too good...no words can describe it

MistressPookyChan
07-30-2006, 05:58 AM
I love them all! The one I voted on is perfect, but I would make a couple places pop with a bit more white.

[Boolean]
07-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Oye...all of them...too...good! I like the first though. It has crisp edges...whatever that means... O.o; Oh boy...now I don't even know what I'm saying!

PS: Ah, yes...hello Wizzy! Did you change your name back?

Lucidian Dyne
07-30-2006, 12:25 PM
The last signature appeals most to me. Has that effect of a fallen angel.

Ami~chan
07-30-2006, 01:44 PM
The first one has my vote; the font stands out clearly. I can't read the letters on some of them; this one is squeaky clean.

Although, all of the sigs are great.

stigmatize
07-31-2006, 03:09 AM
Ooh. Splendid sigs for all. :D I'm liking the 6th sigs the best. The brushing effects are apt for a black and white theme, though i think the stock is a bit too bright and too contrasted, especially the face.

Capo
07-31-2006, 03:16 AM
I like the first one...Wow.

But I voted for the second to last, I liked it better.
Just because of the two people effect.
=3
Good luck guys,
Capo

Fabala
07-31-2006, 08:45 AM
First one has my vote.

Thing is, while they're all quite good, all the others come across as color signatures that were converted to black and white. Whether that's what they did or not is beyond me...but I prefer to vote for one that looks like it was worked on IN black and white.

Uno_Caste
07-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Excellent sig's!^^
Hmm..this is confusing! Can't easily decide!
The 1st and 5th one appeal more to me, but all of them are awesome^^

dawnrune
07-31-2006, 04:43 PM
the first one because i like how it looks.

Cantelope
07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't like any of these, but that's only because monotone is attractive to me in very rare occasions. However, after much thought, I've voted for number 1. Out of all of the selections, in my opinion, numbers 1, 3, and 5 had their stocks visible, without too strong highlights, or shadows. Number 5's crystals would have probably looked very good with a color theme, but to me, the 2-D just really horribly compliments the background.

Number 3....I'm sorry, I like the stock loads, but the whole sig is just a soft gray, and too boring. Close but not quite. I could see a good sig with color, but it's just not working monotone.

And with Number 1, I can recognize the border of the stock, and still get a good view of the background, with some subtle touches. I can't read the text (above "You're mine!") but eh, whatever. You win my vote.

Gandizzl
08-01-2006, 08:30 AM
I gotta say my favorite is number 1.
It's not lots of different tones, it's just straight black and white.
The character blends in great with the bg and the font is clear and readable.

Orikalkos Zaltos
08-01-2006, 08:34 AM
I would make one..But I'm too lazy..

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
My favorite is the 3rd one, the bg just has more depth than the others in my opinion, though all of the others look awesome. I love the strip with the reflection of the render, that's a nice touch ^_^ and the text positioning is really good. Nice font choices, I just like it. Also, for a black and white site, very nice looking ^_^

Ωmega
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I voted for the second one. It may not be a crisp as the others, but I think the blending is fantastic. I also love the image and the border.

Knuffle Bunny
08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I voted on the first one. The picture stood out to me as i scrolled down the page. I guess the black BG and white pic grabbed my attention. And i liked the font used.

Princess Cupcake
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I like the first one...Wow.

But I voted for the second to last, I liked it better.
Just because of the two people effect.
=3
Good luck guys,
CapoSame here. I noticed it was good, the first one. But I fell in wuv with the fifth one. =] All of them are great.

Fetal Fetish
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
It was hard to chose between the first and the second, but I picked the second, cause the words on it was nice.

Gandizzl
08-02-2006, 07:26 AM
*Bumps*

Why isn't this one a temp sticky anyway?

wizz-o-matic
08-02-2006, 08:10 AM
*Bumps*

Why isn't this one a temp sticky anyway?

from previous experineces we know that stickys tends to be avoided o_O; That's mostly the main reason I don't want it to be sticked

Kristen
08-02-2006, 08:11 AM
@_@ I never even saw any of these, I must have missed something. I didn't see black and white ones for sure. o_O You can't really see any detail in black and white. But, sigh, [votes anyway].

I chose the last one. It's got detail that you can even see in black and white and, overall, it looks like the person just put more effort into it.

.Alumina
08-02-2006, 08:14 AM
i went for the first one, i just fell in love with it.

Crimson Soul
08-02-2006, 11:40 AM
o.o
I was wondering what happened to this contest...turns out i just didnt see it up
anyways, the first and 5th stood out the most to me, and it was hard to decide which one to go for
after a long thought process i decided to go with the first

Gandizzl
08-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Aaah, I see...
I thought that may could be the reason.

Hmmm... 9-10 hours left?

*Bumps again*

Thornwillow
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
The contest seems to be going pretty well, but people need to vote more! =D All the sigs in the contest are phenomenal and I love looking at all of them. ^^ So here comes a ...

*bump*

EDIT: Guess what, and this makes my thousandth post! Woohoo!!

Demented_Demon
08-03-2006, 02:35 AM
I voted for the third one, because it seems to look better than the others and it seems cleaner.

wizz-o-matic
08-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Uf, sorry ... forgot about the contest -_-;

Anyway, here are the results of the finals ^_^

*roll the drums*

1st Place .... with 19 points - sig entry number 1 ... thornwillow
2nd Place .... with 11 points - sig entry number 5 ... stigmatize
3rd Place ... with 7 points - we have to entries that are sharing it ... Kaisen [number 3] and The Wing Man [number 4]
------------------------------------------------------------------
4th Place - with 6 points - Gandizzl [number 2] and Taikyo [number 6]

nice, and congrats to the winners ^_^
Everyone recieves ruppes from me, 1st place 5000; 2nd place 3500; 3rd place 2500

stigmatize
08-04-2006, 09:23 AM
You actually forgot the contest! :O

Lol. Just kidding. :D

Anyway, congrats to Thorn, and all other contestants for making it this far. This round was pretty one sided judging from the votes. But all's well ends well. Thanks to the organizers of the competition. <3

Thornwillow
08-04-2006, 10:49 AM
^_^ I am so excited about how the contest has turned up. :D Being the rookie this year, I had a lot to show for it, but I do want to thank all my GFXer friends on here for all their support.

If it hadn't been for you guys, I wouldn't of been here today. All the tips and comments and encouragement I received, was just amazing and I love all you guys. ^_^ I'm so excited.

These are the GFXers I especially want to thank is Kaisen, Gandizzl, Stigmatize, Taikyo, Chibi Misao, and JaG ... without these individuals constructive, creative, concise, and extremely helpful comments, I never would of been as refined in my abilities as I am now. So those six there really have been a huge help and inspiration to me. Thanks everyone for voting and all my fans and that.

Did I just make a speech? lol Oh well, thanks everyone. ^_^

kaisen
08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Lol... I double what Stig said! x3

Anyways congrats to thorn and Stig and the rest of you did really well <3 (everyone is a winner yay).

stigmatize
08-04-2006, 11:19 AM
^_^ I am so excited about how the contest has turned up. :D Being the rookie this year, I had a lot to show for it, but I do want to thank all my GFXer friends on here for all their support.

If it hadn't been for you guys, I wouldn't of been here today. All the tips and comments and encouragement I received, was just amazing and I love all you guys. ^_^ I'm so excited.

These are the GFXers I especially want to thank is Kaisen, Gandizzl, Stigmatize, Taikyo, Chibi Misao, and JaG ... without these individuals constructive, creative, concise, and extremely helpful comments, I never would of been as refined in my abilities as I am now. So those six there really have been a huge help and inspiration to me. Thanks everyone for voting and all my fans and that.

Did I just make a speech? lol Oh well, thanks everyone. ^_^Aww. It's nice of you to credit us. The high poll results shows that poeple here like your work, so keep it up. ^_^

Gandizzl
08-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Gratz Thorn and everyone else ^^
It was hard competition; 5 great entries.
And thanks to those who voted for my entry, it means a lot to me ^^

DarkPrinceBman
08-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Very well done Thorn, though I am curious to know who made all the other entries in the first round...um am i mistaken or is there no thread for that.

Scribbles
08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
congrats to all of u. :D

Cantelope
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, is there going to be a list of who made whats in the first round? And maybe even a vote count for each, I wanna know how good I did.

The Wing Man
08-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I am very surprised, I didn't wanna come in last but to do as good as I did really shocked me like to the limit of shocking.I personally think tai and gan sigs were like 100 times better then mine, I hope tai and gan see that I said that and I mean it.I guess this turned out allright, But I am surprised that people voted for my sig and congrats to thorn, stig and dk for there great sigs.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and I hope that next year everyone is back so we can do this whole game over again and I am glad that it is finally over.

Shadow Phoenix
08-04-2006, 06:52 PM
I like the first one it's good.