PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys find chemistry hard?

ps2huang
07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Taking chemistry this summer?
So many molecular formulars to memorize and hence the book never explains how are those arranged.

Wespe
07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
No not really, I thught it was pretty easy, I'm just good at memorizing things. I got an A in the class

Ωmega
07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I loved my chemistry class. Science was always on of my favorite classes, even if it did have a lot of math in it.....I kinda wish I could do chemistry again...

Eris
07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Didn't particularly like it, but I muddled through. It was too... arbitrary for my taste--not enough math, and far too many mnemonics. Now physics, that makes a whole lot more sense than chemistry.

ps2huang
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
But don't you find combining ionic atoms and drawing Ball-and-Stick models hard?

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Well my dad's a chemist and ever since I could talk he had me naming chemicals and what not...
I really don't find it that hard, but I do find it very repetative in a sense. It bores me quite alot!

Souhi
07-17-2006, 09:18 PM
It was my easiest part of the year....but I won't pass judgement on it until I take a full course. I did find it a bit boring though, and the memorizing and whatnot. I prefer Biology or maybe even physics.

Ami~chan
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
It wasn't my favorite class, but I studied hard. When test time came around, it was a piece of cake.

But I did struggle sometimes; I got help after school, and I studied it more than any other subject.

I ended up with an A in the class though. I was very happy.

Luzifer
07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
I hated chemisty when i took it because the teacher was too easy... the math bits were algebraic so that wasn't to bad and the conscepts were fun to figure out but the teacher had a propensity to infantalize something or she gave us insipid projects like making posters about the elements that taught us nothing... sigh...

viewtyjoe
07-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I found it really easy, but then, I have no problem dealing with large structures and doing math.

BlackLanternTL
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
i love chemistry, it's as close to alchemy as i will ever get

famous
07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Taking chemistry this summer?
So many molecular formulars to memorize and hence the book never explains how are those arranged.yeah that is my least fav. subject
sorry to say
but it is starting to ge5t better for me
all u have to do is just tell yourself it is easy
trust me it works
lol
i was doing awful
until the very last of the year
lol
hihih
i passed YAY
hihih
just tell youself you can do it
think positive

Sasuke is God
07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
the last time we did a project in chemestry, they had to evac. the school because of me!!! lol sorry dude i can't help!!!

ps2huang
07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
have you guys got stuck in mole/mol and molar mass stuffs?

WaterDancer
07-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Chemistry is one of my favorite subjects! It's pretty easy... most of the time and the experiments are fun.

Taikyo
07-18-2006, 06:54 AM
well, its not hard..its the way someone teaches it! XD My teacher speaks too fast and moves to one chapter to another in a matter of days. So I don't have enough time to absorb anything. But, Chem is fun, especially with chemicals. But with the teacher, its hard.

Khanxay
07-18-2006, 07:06 AM
have you guys got stuck in mole/mol and molar mass stuffs?eh..chemistry. It wasnt that bad. Moles and stuff werent too hard. Although i clearly remember what she said to me when raised my hand and asked how much a mole of a gas was. "Hah! You don't know!"

Just A Boy
07-18-2006, 07:14 AM
I love Chemistry! Its not hard at all! In my chemistry class it very entertaining...I crack up when people in my class go crazy and start yelling because the chemicals they mixed are doing some strange, like bubbling(when nobody elses is) or...when Some of joke that thier project isn`t going as the teacher planned...:D :laugh:

teed
08-23-2006, 05:06 PM
I think Chemistry is one of my easiest classes. Maybe cause I love it...
When you understand the formulas, it won't be hard anymore!! Just ask your teacher and don't look at the book. Books are harder o.O;

International 4-8818
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I enjoyed chemistry. I just buckled down and studied and it became easy for me.

DarkMoonPrince
08-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Chemistry is one of the easiest class i took once, but i found the final pretty hard, I forgot everything at that moment. lol

Aeria
08-24-2006, 04:25 AM
I took basic chemistry in high school, and got the highest grade i could. It was pretty easy for me. As were biology and physics.