PDA

View Full Version : The Pillows

Haruha Raharu
07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
The Pillows is a J-Rock band that did all the music for the animated series, 'FLCL'. While they got most of their reputation here, they were among the well known bands in Japan, and were considered a veteran group when they did the FLCL project for Studio Gainax and director Kazuya Tsurumaki.

FLCL brought the cacophonic sounds of 'The Pillows' to the Western World, and brought forth their biggest boost in Album Sales.

This band with the talented and beautiful voice of Sawao Yamanaka, and the complementing lead guitar of Yoshiaki Manabe, and of course the soul of the band; Drummer Shinichiro Sato. All of these talented souls make for the unique and truly perfect sound of 'The Pillows'

Since their debut album 'Pantomime' in 1990 with the hit song 'Razorlike Blue' the Pillows have made 20 following succesive albums. The latest being 'Good Dreams' in 2004 with my personal favorite, 'Rosy Head'

Also, post out your favorite, or most desired song by this band and I will send you a PM concerning my collection and if you would like me to send you the MP3 for it as I own most of them.

Pyon!

Ωmega
07-13-2006, 10:36 PM
I adore the Pillows. Some of my favs from them would have to be Robotman and Juliet. I made myself a little Pillows mix cd that I listen to all the time on my way to school

Myrra
07-16-2006, 09:04 AM
I like what I've heard by them, which admittedly isn't much. I only have two songs. But I do enjoy them.

Ami~chan
07-16-2006, 05:08 PM
I love The Pillows. They have this raw energetic feel to their music, which is rare. I like the music they did for FLCL, but I like their other stuff too.

Favorite songs:
-Hybrid Rainbow
-The Third Eye
-Nonfiction
-Rush

kendoka7
01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I like to see someone my age who also knows their pillows history, Haruha. Very good! I can see you are a true "little buster".

I also own most of their songs. In no way was it a cheap venture, but it was worth it. Their music is simply off the charts! I can never get enough pillows. Believe it or not, their music actually helped me learn Japanese.

I agree with Ami chan...their music is truly energetic (if you've heard Come Down, you know what I mean). But when they want to be melodic, they really are (like in Black Sheep). What I find so amazing is that they have such a variety of sound. They can be energetic, melodic, and emotional all in one album.

Some of my all time favorite songs:
~Come Down
~Black Sheep
~Skeleton Liar
~Hybrid Rainbow
~Girls Don't Cry
~Terminal Heaven's Rock

There are so many more, but I couldn't possibly list them all.

The Wing Man
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of many jpop bands, but I do like the pillows and I think the music they did for flcl was original and worked perfect for the show.

rpgwiz99
01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Man I love this band. There are many reasons why , but the main reason is because of the music they did for Fooly Cooly. They Rock out when they sing and i really like that in a band. They kinda have a weird name but I never let that bother me when im rockin out to the Fooly Cooly music video. Rock on pillows.