PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing Fanfiction: Undeniable-Part 2

hoshiXkoneko
07-09-2006, 01:44 PM
"Sleep well?" Trowa asked her the next morning at breakfast. It was the second time they'd spoken since she'd arrived.
"Yeah," Ami replied, sipping her coffee. The doors slid open and a short Asian boy entered the room. He rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath that Ami couldn't hear. He took a seat next to Trowa and folded his arms across his chest.
"Morning Wufei," Ami said with a smile. She knew this would annoy him. Wufei nodded but said nothing. Ami giggled into her coffee.
"How's everyone this fine morning?" Duo questioned as he bounced into the room, Heero and Claire coming in behind him. Claire poked Ami in the ribs, making her sqeal. Trowa looked at her, the corners of his mouth forming a slight smile. Claire sat next to Heero and gazed at him as he told Duo and Wufei about the Zero system.
"What's that?" Ami asked. Heero turned to face her.
"What's what?"
"The Zero System."
"Don't expect her to understand," Wufei commented. Ami glared at him.
"Try me," she responded.
"Ok," Heero started. "The Zero System is a system that merges with the pilot's mind and thoughts and gives the pilot knowlege and skills to obtain total victory."
"Or total defeat," added Ami. "So, that's what Wing Zero has?"
"Yes," answered Heero.
"Funny. I actually get it," Ami said, looking at Wufei. She turned back to Heero. "So basically, it shows the pilot scenarios, outcomes and other useful information? Wouldn't that be like, hard on the brain?"
"The pilot has to be in great mental and emotional shape to handle it." Heero answered.
"So, then how can you pilot it?" Ami teased. Heero smirked.
"'Cause Heero's cool like that," Claire inserted, sipping on her Plantation Mint tea, her eyes glued on Heero.
"Wouldn't a system that powerful drive a pilot insane?" Ami questioned.
"Yeah, that almost happened to me." Quatre had just walked in. He smiled at Ami. "Good morning Miss Ami." His smile stirred up warm emotions Ami didn't know a person could feel. He took a seat next to her.
"What happened?" she asked.
"Well, I didn't know the effect the system would have on me or else I never would've piloted Wing Zero." He paused then continued. "I easily destroyed all the mobile suits that attacked and a whole space colony. I guess I wasn't strong enough to handle all information presented to me. It's all thanks to Heero that I didn't go crazy." Heero nodded.
"And that would explain a lot about you, Quatre," Duo said, with a huge grin. Ami threw a crumpled napkin at him. Quatre laughed.
"Wow. It'd be cool to pilot a Gundam that powerful," Ami said, taking a sip of coffee.
"I'm not sure you could handle it," Wufei said. Ami glared and set the cup on the table.
"And what's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, you're a woman and women are weak by nature," responded Wufei. Hot tears stung in Ami's eyes and one rolled down her cheek. She got up and stormed out.
"Look what you did," Quatre commented, his voice quivering with anger. He walked out after Ami. Heero glared at Wufei and followed Quatre. Claire slapped Wufei across the face and strode out after Heero.
"Good job, Wufei," Duo said as he walked out, his voice a blend of sarcasm and fury. Trowa simply shook his head and left without a word.

Back in her room, Ami flung herself onto her bed and let the floodgates open. Burning tears streamed silently down her face. She sat up, her back to the door, and hugged her knees to her chest. Why did he hate her so much? What had she done to spark this kind of hatred? Two arms suddenly wrapped themselves around her small body in a tight embrace. Her head shot up. It was Quatre. Ami buried her face in his shoulder. He stroked her hair and gently rocked her. Even after the tears started coming to a halt, Ami stayed where she was. When she finally looked up, she found herself staring into dark blue pools, filled with pure love. Quatre brushed away a falling tear with his thumb. She continued to stare into his eyes as the came closer. His lips found hers. The kiss was short and sweet, yet filled with passion as well. He broke away and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. Ami lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

kawaii_develish_twins
07-09-2006, 02:52 PM
very interesting to say the least