PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch SCFI?

love
07-04-2006, 02:35 PM
You proably think I'm a trecky but I'm not. I love Stargate SG-1 but I was wondering if anybody thought it time for Stargate SG-1 to just give everything over to Stargate Atlantis. I just think they're dragging everything out for Stargate SG-1 and lately the new episodes have been trash. I was just wondering if anybody else watched it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Not in a while. I did get the Ĉon Flux boxed set a few weeks ago, which is the feather in my +2 Cap of Nerdiness. But otherwise, the last series I watched with any regularity was Farscape.

FarEastStyle
07-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I only watch Scfi for the old Twilight Zone episodes.
The 'made for tv movies' that come on Scfi usually suck.
I never like their original series like Stargate SG-1, it just seemed kinda cheesy to me.

BoldMushroom
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
The 4th of July Twilight Zone marathon going on right now has dominated a lot of my time.

Other than that... I enjoy reruns of The X-Files and Firefly. I've heard great things about the new Battlestar Galactica, but I've never gotten around to watching it.

They could stand to show better movies, though. The best movies they show are Night of the Living Dead and (a heavily edited version of) Day of the Dead, and they show both very infrequently.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Stargate SG1 used to be my favorite TV show on the planet... I bought the first two seasons and then realised I was crazy.
I'll watch the newer episodes every now and then, but since they took my favorite character off

It means nothing to me.
Stargate Atlantis is annoying... I've watched I total of 4 episodes and I hear about the rest from my friends...

Does that answer your question?

Tetsanosuke
07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I used to watch it.. but it sorta slipped away... O.o
I still watch the SCFI channel though. Did you know they used to play anime movies of the science fiction genre? That was the first time I saw the "Fatal Fury Motion Picture".... Come'on SCFI! Play anime again! ^^

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I used to watch it.. but it sorta slipped away... O.o
I still watch the SCFI channel though. Did you know they used to play anime movies of the science fiction genre? That was the first time I saw the "Fatal Fury Motion Picture".... Come'on SCFI! Play anime again! ^^It's been a long time since I've seen anime on there... it was like really late a night a couple years ago, but yes, every now and then they do.

I will admit, I used to like star trek... the original one...
It's all politics!

Rageling
07-04-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't get the channel anymore but I used to watch some shows on it.

Tetsanosuke
07-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually, I like to watch Star Trek TNG occasionally, but that's on Spike TV so that's off topic. Sorry!

Sakura Holic
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I sometimes watch SCIFI.
Not all the time though.

Eris
07-04-2006, 08:24 PM
The channel or the genre?

If the channel: Doesen't air in the land of the mooses.
If the genre: It's sort of been done. There has been military sci-fi (BS:Galactica, Stargate, Star Trek), there has been hero sci-fi (Andromeda), and anti-hero sci-fi (Farscape), there has been funny sci-fi (Red Dwarf), there has been sci-fi soap operas (Star Trek), there has been religious sci-fi (BS:Galactica), there has been paranoid sci-fi (X-Files), there has been sci-fi in the past (Star Wars), and now (Farscape), and in the future (Star Trek), there has been sci-fi's that had it all (Farscape), there has been really bad sci-fi (The Chronicle), there has been sci-fi on earth (X-Files), and sci-fi in space (Star Trek, Star Wars, Red Dwarf, BS:Galactica, Andromeda etc.)... Well, you get the point. It was fun while it lasted, but no-one wants to watch the same old thing over and over again.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
The channel or the genre?

If the channel: Doesen't air in the land of the mooses.
If the genre: It's sort of been done. There has been military sci-fi (BS:Galactica, Stargate, Star Trek), there has been hero sci-fi (Andromeda), and anti-hero sci-fi (Farscape), there has been funny sci-fi (Red Dwarf), there has been sci-fi soap operas (Star Trek), there has been religious sci-fi (BS:Galactica), there has been paranoid sci-fi (X-Files), there has been sci-fi in the past (Star Wars), and now (Farscape), and in the future (Star Trek), there has been sci-fi's that had it all (Farscape), there has been really bad sci-fi (The Chronicle), there has been sci-fi on earth (X-Files), and sci-fi in space (Star Trek, Star Wars, Red Dwarf, BS:Galactica, Andromeda etc.)... Well, you get the point. It was fun while it lasted, but no-one wants to watch the same old thing over and over again.
How about a Sci-fi series where they have to fight giant space-bears from another dimension? I think it writes itself.

Eris
07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Done. They did campy back in the 50's and 60's.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm talking epic space drama. With bears.

Eris
07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble (http://imdb.com/title/tt0191662/).

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 09:02 PM
HAH! A remake then.

And heres another badly photosho... er PSPed image.

A Space Bear draining energy from earth.

Eris
07-04-2006, 09:04 PM
And how long are you going to make the spinoff TV-series? 5 seasons?

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
At least. I imagine there would be other Space Beasts, following the bears to continue their ancient wars. It could go on for a while.

For example, Space Squirrels and Space Badgers.

Eris
07-04-2006, 09:20 PM
At least. I imagine there would be other Space Beasts, following the bears to continue their ancient wars. It could go on for a while.

For example, Space Squirrels and Space Badgers.

And these beasts open a gate in time? Feriocious mutant saber tooth tigers from the past you know.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2006, 09:27 PM
They're from another dimension that is much larger than ours. So still other dimensions, where time flows slower and there's more Gamma radiation exist, and allow the possibility of Mutant Saber Tooth Tigers, yes.

Note: All Space Beasts are colored yellow. This is in case there is ever a Space-Bears/Marvel crossover. This way, Green Lantern is useless. I imagine Space Bears could throw a red-sun at Superman, if a Space-Bears/DC crossover happens.

Miss Moonlight
07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
I watch it!

they have some of the best shows ..

- beyond belief: fact or fiction (not anymore ..)
- hercules (not anymore ..)
- amazing stories
- quantum leap
- sliders
- saturday anime (not anymore .. it used to be in like 98')

Tsuna Kadiri
07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I used to watch it every Saturday morning for Mystery Science Theater 3000. ;D

Sinnaku
07-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I used to watch it, but then it got all these annoying space shows. I'm sorry but I just can't stand those things. I didn't like Star Trek and I don't like these new shows.

Sinnaku
07-05-2006, 09:57 PM
*delete*

Anime_Otaku
07-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I always watch the twilight zone

Opinionated
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I watch Sci-Fi channel. I like it, except for those crappy-crap-crapper imitations they call Sci-Fi Channel Origial Movies.

Stargate SG-1: Watch it, missed a lot of Season 9, plan on watching Season 10.

Stargate Atlantis: Watch it, missed a lot of Season 3, plan on watching Season 4.

Battlestar Galatica(newer): Love the show, waiting for season 3.

mani_marte
07-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Stargate Atlantis is from all I have observed a better show than SG-1. When the movie Stargate came out I enjoyed it very much. (It had a creepy pseudo Egyptian god and a hot guy (James Spader) in a lead role. I was happy. But I was not really that impressed with the spin off series SG-1. As a friend of mine put it, it looked like it was filmed in someone's backyard. But as to SGA, I have seen most of the first season, and bits of the second season (the third season premiered last night on Sci-Fi) and I truly think that it is a better show. The characters are more interesting, the stories are exciting and the villians are varied. Also the production value is higher. Also it is a rather humorous show that pokes fun at other sci-fi shows here and there, most notably Star Trek, The Original Series.