PDA

View Full Version : all ZELDA fans

lex__luthor
06-26-2006, 10:43 AM
wow i cant begin to describe how good zelda is i cant wait for twylight princess can u share some info oh and also waht is the best zelda game so far i kno that it is orcarina what r ur thoughts

yoko.......
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I think thight light princess will be pretty cool ,i saw a clip of it

Zave
06-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I think thight light princess will be pretty cool ,i saw a clip of itReally i played an online version ...somewherehttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/glare.gif

KillerDragonX
06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
i liked the old zeldas better then the new ones, like link to the past, link, ocoraina of time

Miss Moonlight
06-27-2006, 11:56 AM
yes, I can't wait either!

the twlight princess will be so awesome ^^

DarkWind: Lord of Dragons
07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I own about 6 or 7 zelda games...
Twilight Princess does look cool...

zan
07-07-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah TP i going to get it and hourglass.

Master Ninja Aldj
08-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I can't wait for Zelda Twilight Princess!!

The-_-Wizard
08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
yeah i cant wait for Tp my fraviote is the legend or zelda the frist one.....

Hinata14
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Well i think it will be fun but maybye to complicated with the wolf i dont know but i will get it

Ikiras
08-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I've played and beaten 5 of the 7 Zelda's several times... All of them were great, and I can't wait until Twilight Princess comes out.. Oh, and it made me angry when they delayed it!

Moon Helix Avatar
08-04-2006, 02:40 PM
I absolutely love the Legend of Zelda series, but the last Zelda game I played through was Ocenara of Time. if thats the SP?

I couldn't stop playing it until I beat it lol, my gf at the time was a bit peeved lmao

-Batman-
08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Really i played an online version ...somewherehttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/glare.gif

No, you really didn't.

(i'm just assuming you're talking about twilight princess. If not, then it was a ROM)

triforcegoddess
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I can wait for it to come out either they say that Ganondorf will be in it! ^_^

aimforthetop
08-20-2006, 01:19 AM
majora's mask is the best

anime133
09-08-2006, 08:11 AM
i like orcarina of time but this new game sounds good. is it me or is link a dog/wolf in this new game?

Jennifer-
09-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I cant wait for this one and i think he is a wolf.

Heartless Soul Eater
09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah i heard that 75 percent of the twilight princess link is a wolf

Sega saturn x
09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I really don't care for zelda but TP looks quite good actually, it took me by suprise really. For once the combat actually looks fluent which is a major bonus and as much as I loved the graphical style of wind waker this one lends itself better to zelda honestly.

Middy
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I absolutely love Zelda. Well the old ones anyway. Ocarina of Time is the best game ever created!! At the time it was so stunning, and it took months to finally said I had explored everything in my reach. Once i got the game genie there was even more fun to behold! I can't wait for Twilight Princess, but I hope they didn't screw up transformation as badly as they did in Majoras Mask..Which is a game I personally did not find that fun

Link3F
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
TLOZ is the best series of games that exist in my opinion... I absolutely love the way to play it, the characters, the storyline, etc... :laugh:

Tri·Gon·Jin
09-23-2006, 12:09 AM
I have been a Zelda fan for almost my entire life since back to the first Zelda game for the NES. I have collected and bought almost every Zelda game except for one. I can't wait till TP is released on the Wii. From the look from the demos online it looks awesome.

Princess__Zelda
09-24-2006, 07:46 AM
I love the Legend of Zelda too(I guess my name gives you a hint too.).Twilight Princess is going to kick major butt,but my favourite is Ocarina of Time!Its a classic.
Anyone else live in Europe and is pissed off waiting for TP?
Cause i am!
This sucks....Scotland is always last to get things...:<_<:

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-24-2006, 10:02 AM
I've played pretty much all of the Legend of Zelda games that are out there (even the ones that are horrible). I think the ones that really got me hooked were Ocarina of Time, and Majora's mask. I did play Wind Waker, and I did enjoy the fighting stuff, but I didn't like the art style. What I wanted to see was a little darker art style then the childish one used for the wind waker.

I saw that in Twilight Princess, and the games looks awesome. It might almost merit my purchase of a Wii, that by itself.

judu870
09-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I like the old ones but the new ones sound pretty cool but i like the old ones way better than the new ones there are alot of zelda fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow

fox demon naruto
09-25-2006, 12:28 AM
err i just wanna know i think theres 10 zelda games......

Zelda for nes
Adventure of Link for Nes
Link to the past
Some game forgot name but can get chain dog thing
Seasons
Ages
4 swords
OoT
MM
Wind Waker
Phantom hourglass
Twilight princess
minish cap.

Thats thriteen.........also when the hell is TP suppose to come out...

Anime is poison
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm not a huge Zelda fan, and unfortunately I have noticed a trend with Zelda.

From its first game until Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda has done pretty well. But after that point, they got progressively worse story line wise. Now some people don't need story line in a game, but when you look at the LOZ series, its almost a neccessity.

Now the graphics for the new game look pretty dang good, but I'm just concearned about story. If I could get a better overview of it, it would help me decide whether I would buy it or not. The last Zelda game I trusted was Wind Waker. It was a sad day, so hopefully there is a light at the end of the Zelda tunnel.:(

-Naota-
09-25-2006, 09:54 AM
how come every so far is like ocarina of time was the best...ya its good but i mean wind waker waws a freaking masterpeice too i mean think about it they had a whole orcestra play the theme song a great look...some of the best facial expressions on a video gam charecter ive ever seen and not to mention NO NAVI i mean hey u listen listen hey u listen!!! GOSH thats anoying

Regex
09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
From its first game until Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda has done pretty well. But after that point, they got progressively worse story line wise. Now some people don't need story line in a game, but when you look at the LOZ series, its almost a neccessity. What are you talking about?
First off, (excluding the portable games, I haven't felt that any of them fit in with the rest of the series) there have only been 2 games since Ocarina of time, and one of them didn't really count, since it was more Zelda out of convenience of using the engine, not so much for the story.

Zelda II was an awful game. Wind Waker was a great game. Majora's Mask was even still a great game. If history is any indication, Twilight Princess will be an amazing game, with as much of a jump forward as Ocarina of Time was.

Anime is poison
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
What are you talking about?
First off, (excluding the portable games, I haven't felt that any of them fit in with the rest of the series) there have only been 2 games since Ocarina of time, and one of them didn't really count, since it was more Zelda out of convenience of using the engine, not so much for the story.

Zelda II was an awful game. Wind Waker was a great game. Majora's Mask was even still a great game. If history is any indication, Twilight Princess will be an amazing game, with as much of a jump forward as Ocarina of Time was.Thats your opinion, I'll take it for what its worth, which to me isn't much. Through my eyes, I have stated how I feel about the games, and that is my trend of thinking about Zelda. So to me, I have no optimism about the game, but who am I to judge since it hasn't come out yet. I'm just following the fad of the games so far.

Would it honestly make you feel better if I lied to you and said "Like OMG!!!! THE NEW ZELDA GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!! I SOOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT FOR IT! ALL THE ZELDA GAMES HAVE LIKE, ROCKED MY SOCKS, AND UH, IT IS SOOOOO GONNA BE WORTH IT. TOODLES!"

I don't think so. My opinions of the games won't change due to my experiences with them, and I will follow my trend. I just posted how I felt on the topic, now you take that for what its worth, which I can't imagine is much either.

fox demon naruto
09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
im zelda fan but i dont think anyone thinks that.......also wind waker was a good game...What was bad about it? Though I would have liked a better ganon fight the game was great. The new style was great and alot of people liked it. And i think that phantom hourglass will also be great. Even if it is a handheld!

Anime is poison
09-25-2006, 02:53 PM
im zelda fan but i dont think anyone thinks that.......also wind waker was a good game...What was bad about it? Though I would have liked a better ganon fight the game was great. The new style was great and alot of people liked it. And i think that phantom hourglass will also be great. Even if it is a handheld!
There were a few things I didn't care for. Outside of the same ol' story of a guy defeating Ganan to save Zelda, the deep sea journey was long and useless. The puzzles proved to be no challenge even for the most inexperienced player. And the story altogether just didn't bring anything to make me jump for joy over unlike the past titles I have come to love.

A.M.A
09-27-2006, 04:48 AM
I LOVE ZELDA 's GAMES

Sinjoda
09-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Long live Legend of Zelda.

razzen88
09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
call me a fair weather fan if you will but i dont pay much attention to the games but i did like a link to the past and the minish cap.

heck i dont even know what "twilight princess" is

gaaratheone
09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
zelda games are one of my favourites of all...~Im one nintendo freak aniway...
However...
Zelda rock...
Do what you do,
Said what you said
I LOVE ZELDA...

See ya guys

tigercat070
10-06-2006, 05:42 PM
i loved ocarina of time and majoras maske was ok but im am sooooo looking froward to twilght princess i think that this is going to be better then even ocarina of time this will have to be the best game ever

Apostolos
10-08-2006, 02:20 PM
if you want info i'll give you info...... from wikapedia

Gameplay
Footage from the game was originally shown at E³ 2004 in the form of a short trailer, and a second trailer was later shown at the 2005 Game Developers Conference. It features a stylized, naturalistic art style (similar to, but more advanced than, that found in Ocarina of Time), rather than the cel-shaded look that The Wind Waker exhibited — although it still makes use of cel-shading effects, using a heavily modified version of The Wind Waker’s engine. In a further departure from The Wind Waker, Link is once again a young man as opposed to a child, as in the latter part of Ocarina of Time and in Adventure of Link. The game also takes on a "darker tone" according to Shigeru Miyamoto, rivaling that of Majora's Mask.[5]

Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
A number of rumors about the game were confirmed at E³ 2005. The official title, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was announced. (The title was actually first revealed in a pre-E³ scan from Game Informer.[6][7]) It was explained that Link would transform into a wolf when entering the “Twilight Realm”, a mysterious void that has ensnared Hyrule. This is not a wholly separate place like the Dark World in A Link to the Past, but an evil transformation that slowly spreads across Hyrule.[8]

It was confirmed that the game falls chronologically “decades after Ocarina of Time,” but a long time before The Wind Waker, and that “the hero in the adventure is an all-new Link”.[9] Interviews and a playable demo exposed many new details, such as Link beginning the game as a sort of shepherd or ranch hand, Link battling on horseback, changes in the horse controls from OoT, thematic differences between dungeons, and so on.[10] Live feeds of this demo have also been published.

In recent interviews in Nintendo Power, Electronic Gaming Monthly, and the Spanish magazine Hobby Consolas, director Eiji Aonuma revealed that Princess Zelda and Ganon will be returning.[11] What their roles are is unknown, but the new character art shows Princess Zelda with a thin rapier-like sword. Nintendo has not been forthcoming as to whether or not the Master Sword will be featured in the game, but recently released official artwork confirms it. In the March issue of Nintendo Power, developer Yoshiyuki Oyama is quoted as saying, “I know that everyone’s wondering what's going on with Link’s old nemesis. All I can say now is, we’re preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever, expect... and to stay tuned for more details.”[11]

Aonuma has also stated that the game will be much larger in size than The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and will have more dungeons than any of the other Zelda games. Two of them, from the two E3 demos, have shown us the Forest Temple and the Goron Mines and another two have been shown barely in 2 trailers. He revealed that Link can communicate with animals when in wolf form, but did not elaborate on this. When transformed into a wolf, Link’s senses (smell, sight, and hearing) will also be raised quite significantly.[12] With these abilities come some disadvantages. While he is a wolf, Link cannot use any of his items. Aonuma also confirmed that there will not be extensive voice acting in the game. However, characters will still grunt, laugh, scream, and make other such noises, just as they have in previous installments on the Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube.

[edit]
Weapons and items
The game will feature some as-yet-unrevealed new weapons/items, and many classic Zelda armaments - some with new twists, such as the Gale Boomerang. This novel version of the series staple can create a small whirlwind capable of picking up items, including lit bombs, and delivering them to other locations, such as to an enemy or back to Link.
This Boomerang is, at first, used in the E3 2005 Demo. Link receives it by opening a chest in the Forest Temple.

Link wielding the Master SwordA Lantern and Lantern Oil are also in the game, which is a first for a 3D Zelda game. The Lantern Oil was shown in the E3 2005 Demo to be held in a bottle, and the Lantern was present in the second trailer.

Classic items including Potions and Bottles will also return. In several videos Link is shown fighting on horseback and then drinking a Red Potion to regain health.

Scenes in the sewers from the second trailer involve a flash and humanoid ghosts suddenly appearing in a way which is reminiscent of the Lens of Truth effects. Link recieves this ability as a wolf from his sense ability.

The E³ 2006 demo revealed the return of the Iron Boots (may now be called magnetic boots), which can now be used in conjunction with large magnets to lift Link to new heights, and a new version of the Hookshot called the Clawshot.

In the second Twilight Princess trailer, Link is shown firing an explosive arrow at pursuing dragon-like creatures. Whether this is a new arrow type, or an ability/item which has been seen in previous Zelda games (Bomb arrow, fire arrow, etc.) is unknown. This recalls a feature of Link's Awakening for the GBC in which the player is able create an explosive arrow by simply equiping the bow and bombs a firing both at once.

As proven in the artwork above, the Master Sword will make a return, after it's previous absences in Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. A screenshot showing Link fighting a Darknut with the legendary sword is one of the first Wii screenshots of the game and is viewable on the official Wii website.

The "Twilight Realm"[edit]
Environment
Twilight Princess will feature many different types of environments. In the trailers, besides the dungeons (which are an important Zelda feature) and the mysterious Twilight Realm, forest and open field settings were shown, along with the small village where Link lives. There are also mountain areas, where Link was seen apparently sparring with a Goron. Later pictures introduced a market scene, and snowy area where wolf-Link was running. The demo shown at E3 2006 indicated that Twilight Princess will see a changing of seasons.[13]

The "Twilight Realm", which in previous showings of the game was seen to be a desolate, black and white environment, has changed. The Twilight Realm now resembles a hazy, dreamlike, over-saturated landscape, different from yet similar to the game's 'normal' world, somewhat reminiscent of the Dark World in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.[14]

Princess__Zelda
11-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I loved them all and i'll play them when i'm 80!If i'm still alive that is..but..I'll play them when i'm dead!:laugh:

Is the Phantom Hourglass out in America?Is it any good?I got a DS for my Birthday especially for it,lol!

kyubichan
11-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Majora's Mask is my fave Zelda game ^^ I love all those masks. I've recently finished Minish Cap again, w/c is my fave Capcom game. Yay!

kswift
11-24-2006, 03:34 PM
i think its going to be the best zelda over the others! but finding out that link didn't have epona(his horse) until later on was kinda weird? and the princess wearing that dark cloak makes you really wonder whats going to happen...hmmm.

Kaikou
11-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Twilight Princess will be by far the best one ever, but besides that Orcarina of Time is the best.

Regex
11-25-2006, 05:55 AM
It is a lot of fun. I've been having a blast with it so far.

Demon Hunter Dante
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Yes Twilight Princess is awesome...and the storyline is getting good...i am not done with it yet...