PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe In Evolution?

Aleyna
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
nobody made a post on if you believed in evolution or not so im curious to know :laugh:

lucky leprachaun
06-22-2006, 11:10 PM
well evloution is the most logical answer... and it makes the most sense

Sakura Holic
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Evolution won't come around until 100-1000 years...I think...
o.O
I belive in them...but I dont read about it or what so ever...

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-22-2006, 11:16 PM
There have been Evolution topics before. They usually turn into flame-wars.

Anyway. Yes, Evolution is the pwn... Well, it's either Evolution or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster). But that's it.

Karel
06-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Maybe.. or maybe not.. how long has it been and humans have always remained the same..

might work with other species..

Aleyna
06-22-2006, 11:20 PM
yea i know ther hav been topics on evolution but not asking if u believed in it or not, but anyways im not sure if i believe in it or not

anything is possible :D

sapphiredragon
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
It's pretty obvious that there is at least a small amount of evolution in most species because of natural selection. You're not going to see it much in humans because we don't have the conditions necessary for natural selection to occur as much.
As for humans evolving from monkeys, I say it's as likely AND logical as a lot of other theories out there.

Ollie
06-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Yes, I do.

The other day I was out on a walk with my dad, and he was talking about...something, I don't even remember, but he mentioned humans developing into what we are now over thousands of thousands of years. I smirked to myself, because I never bothered to ask what he thought of the theory and never had a chance to, so I did. He started bumbling something about how you can believe anything you want and such and such...but I think his answer was that it made more sense than anything else. When I mentioned people believing in Creationism, he was like, "Uh. Great."

Heeee. I love my dad. <3

Aleyna
06-23-2006, 01:05 AM
lol uhhh great haha lol do you think he knew wut creationism was wen u sed it????

Ollie
06-23-2006, 01:09 AM
lol uhhh great haha lol do you think he knew wut creationism was wen u sed it????...yyyeeah? I made it pretty clear.

Thornwillow
Such a tricky subject to discuss ...

I do believe in Evolution, do I know much about it, no. I can be honest in that. But as our enviroment changes, our bodies change to reflect those changes. Now I guess that can be a fine line between Evolution and Adaptations, but I think as the years go on, the human race is getting smarter and more aware of their surroundings. So naturally, that would seem we're evolving to better our lives. So yeah ... it's entirely possible that Evolution is what it is ... believeable.

viewtyjoe
Well, assuming that fossil records are accurate, evolution pretty much has the win. If you believe otherwise, riddle me this: why would any creator bother to create a fossil record that so strongly supports evolution?

J0rdan
06-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Nope
I believe in Creationism
That's all I'm going to say

Sayoran
06-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Evolution won't come around until 100-1000 years...I think...
o.O
I belive in them...but I dont read about it or what so ever...You should research evolution once again - you clearly have no idea what it is =/

Personally, I do believe in evolution rather than creation. Overwhelming evidence makes me believe so.

This thread will however become a flame war, so I'm glad to get my word it before we take that route.

...Well, it's either Evolution or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster). But that's it.That has to be one of the funniest things I've even seen. Lol, brilliant.

Kewii
06-23-2006, 07:48 AM
As for humans evolving from monkeys, I say it's as likely AND logical as a lot of other theories out there.

Ok, I have to point this out because this is one of my biggest pet peeves and everytime one of these topics show up, someone says this.

The theory is not that humans developed from monkeys. If that was true there would be no monkeys. The theory is that humans share a similar ancestor with apes. -_-

And just a modly note. This thread is a one strike and its out. Since its a hot button issue, one flame or one swear and its out.

Wolfwood
06-23-2006, 08:05 AM
I think we did. maby from a style of ape that was ahead of the rest ^^
and if so, i wonder what all the other kinds of monkies and chimps, etc will look like when they evolve more.

what i know is we're losing our hair!!! :p think about it. look how hairy monkies and that are. so if we did evolve from a kind of ape it'll be good-bye shampoo in thousands to millions of years. we'll eventualy reach a point where we are born bald, and stay that way ^^;;;;;

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Prophet of Death
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
I believe god is a marble maker who made a special marble that contains the universe we live in.. The person then created us and we all appeared out of thin air..

Ωmega
06-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes I do. If we have fossils of our ancestors...then its evidence enough for me to believe that we did evolve. Even though Im catholic, I dont really believe that God said 'poof' and man came to be...I just dont buy into it.

FarEastStyle
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
nobody made a post on if you believed in evolution or not so im curious to know :laugh: Naw I don't.

Knight_of_NI
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
There have been Evolution topics before. They usually turn into flame-wars.

Anyway. Yes, Evolution is the pwn... Well, it's either Evolution or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster). But that's it.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY FLYING SPAGHETTI.

Yes I believe in Evolution.

AngelPaladin
06-23-2006, 10:11 AM
In games, it's okay. In real life, evolution doesn't exist. If it did exist, something smarter than humans would soon come, but it won't happen.

Prophet of Death
06-23-2006, 10:19 AM
In games, it's okay. In real life, evolution doesn't exist. If it did exist, something smarter than humans would soon come, but it won't happen.
It would happen if we weren't going to be dead first

Sagat
06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
In games, it's okay. In real life, evolution doesn't exist. If it did exist, something smarter than humans would soon come, but it won't happen.That's not a good explanation at all man. If there was some magical life form that could somehow evolve several evolutionary periods within one life span then yeah it may happen, but as it stands now we're the overall fastest evolving lifeform as far as intelligent complex creatures go.

If reptiles or butterflies had the same potential then they would rule the world. They don't. We do. That's how the dice fell.

souske
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Ofcourse I don't believe in evolution, Its not true, who ever does I doubt even knows why.

Ami~chan
06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't really care where mankind came from; all I care about is where we're going.
I don't believe in evolution, but I don't not believe in it either, make sense? I don't believe really anything; I think it's one of the stronger possibilties out there. And, I don't know a whole lot about it.

So, in a nutshell: Maybe yes and no.

Masali
06-23-2006, 01:38 PM

You do know evolution takes millions and millions and millions of years, right? We are one of the newest species on the planet, and apparently have evolved numerous times. I forget exactly which part in history we split from apes (Australopithecine, perhaps) but we have changed, and split...twice. once from apes, and once from something I don't know about. Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens (us) co-existed, yet Neanderthals died out. Before neanderthals there were Homo Erectus (no gay jokes please), Homo Habilis, Australopithecines, etc...

So to answer your question: yes, I believe it to be true and we have the fossil evidence to prove it.

German_Sniper9
06-23-2006, 01:45 PM
i dont know x.x theres never been a evolution that was recorded...

Faceless111
06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait until we evolve and get our mutant powers. I'm so looking forward to shooting laser beams from my eyes.

All X-Men aside, sure evolution is real. The only thing in question is if man sprung from apes. Maybe. I don't know and won't pretend to. But evolution is very existant and evidence can be found everywhere you look.

Frequency
06-23-2006, 04:47 PM
yeah i actually do, the darwin theory is pretty cool

!.Ski Takeshi.!
06-23-2006, 06:15 PM
evilution blah who needs it.

Vendetta
06-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, I believe in evolution. Many ask, "Then why are we not still evolving?" What do you expect for you to wake up and have 8 arms and shoot fire or something? I believe we are elvolving still, just you don't notice. Also that we don't need to evolve so much because we are adapt to our environment.

Sagat
06-23-2006, 06:19 PM
You bunch of freaking zealots, unbelievable.

If evolution doesn't exist explain viruses, explain ebola and how it evolved... or how about explaining how H5N1 managed to mutate and transmit to humans (its a matter of time before that gets worse trust me).

What about the whole mitochondria thing over the course of human existance?

Oh let me guess, God did it all right?

Evilution .. heh, aren't you original.

!.Ski Takeshi.!
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Well you know, I try to be.

the_last_icarian
06-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Depens on what kind of evolution you're talking about. evoluiton as in changing of species, yes. evolutoin as in changing changing, yes yes.

jewel2sparkle
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Evolution is the biggest crock of garbage I have ever heard.

Faceless111
06-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Evolution is the biggest crock of garbage I have ever heard.
Just like reason. I don't listen to reason either.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-23-2006, 09:20 PM
i dont know x.x theres never been a evolution that was recorded...
You mean no one has observed an event that takes hundreds to hundreds of thousands of years in the 250 we've have been paying attention? Regardless, there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_evolution).

Sagat
06-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Evolution is the biggest crock of garbage I have ever heard.I agree, we were definately made from dirt by a man who lives in the clouds. Anybody who disagrees must be downright nutty.

Ami~chan
06-23-2006, 09:24 PM
I agree, we were definately made from dirt by a man who lives in the clouds. Anybody who disagrees must be downright nutty.

Hahaha.... I agree.

I'm trying to stay out of this thread for my own good. I know next to nothing about evolution; I won't parade around pretending to know something I most definately don't.

I'll just have to take a look at that lovely little link curtesy of Manhatten.

Sagat
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
You mean no one has observed an event that takes hundreds to hundreds of thousands of years in the 250 we've have been paying attention? Regardless, there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_evolution).Your facts and "evidence" (I like to call it devilence) have no place in this topic good sir.

Water Wolf
06-23-2006, 09:29 PM
of cource i believe in evilution because if we didn't evolve how would we be here thinking about it?!

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Your facts and "evidence" (I like to call it devilence) have no place in this topic good sir.
I know. Next time, we should make a topic on some other phenomenon that a book written by the Invisible Man in the Sky himself has flatly contradicted, such as the Earth not being the Center of the Universe.

Ryth
06-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, evolution seems to currently be the most logical answer thus far. So I suppose I do believe in evolution. Too lazy to go into why at the very moment.

Ollie
06-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Evolution is the biggest crock of garbage I have ever heard.If you're going to make a claim like that, than you better be prepared to back it up. Or else, don't say it.:)

Bankotsu's Servant
06-24-2006, 02:14 AM
You might find this quite odd, but I beleive in evolution and god. Weird, aren't I?? I say that we werent put on this earth as we are now by god. I say he put us as we were a loooooong time ago, to let ourselves grow and change. Make fun of me if you like, but I'm just saying what I think.

But I was watching this thing one time that we didn't actually come from neanderthalls. They evolved from apes and just one day they found the humans. Then humans killed them off.

Ollie
06-24-2006, 02:19 AM
You might find this quite odd, but I beleive in evolution and god. That's not odd at all. You can believe in God - you can even be Christian! Gaasp! - and believe in Evolution.

After all, wouldn't it make more sense that rather than having to design every single big and little detail of every part of life, God made such an incredible plan that he could give life a little push - and have it be able to work itself to perfection? THAT is harder than making it yourself. And less tiresome, I'd imagine. :P

Miss Moonlight
06-24-2006, 12:15 PM
I believe in evolution, yes.

But it's ok for christians to believe otherwise. If I were christian, i'd believe in both, but i'm not religious anymore.

Saphy
06-24-2006, 12:22 PM
i believe in evolution too. i just believe we evolved from muck in the ground and then we also from monkeys. either one or the other, but it dosen't matter where we evloved from, where just here. thats all
Toodles,
~Sap~

jewel2sparkle
06-24-2006, 05:57 PM
If you're going to make a claim like that, than you better be prepared to back it up. Or else, don't say it.:)
Look...nothing cannot become something. That just doesn't happen. It's not logical, it's just crap.

Ollie
06-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Look...nothing cannot become something. That just doesn't happen. It's not logical, it's just crap.Yeeah, that's because it doesn't just happen. It "just happens" very slowly over millions of years.

You need to educate yourself on a topic before calling it baloney. After all, people said the same thing about bacteria at first.

Krsnik
06-24-2006, 06:44 PM
I believe in evolution, however I believe in sporadic evolution (The mainstream belief. It happens in spurts, not steadily. Look at fossilized reports. For some years, there won't be any difference. Then, a major change [a brief synopsis of what it is]). However, I believe it's guided by God. There's too much coincidence for this all to happen at the exact moment to sustain one unique lifeform. It's got to be guided by something. I believe it was personally guided by God in some way. Acted as a catalyst if you will.

If you believe the earth is flat and that we're only 20,000 years old, sure, that's all good and fun. However, what's the evidence? The Carbon dating of the fossils are skewed past the point of the ice age? Sure. I could buy that, but it doesn't make sense. There are too many things run entirely by faith. Some things have to be figured by science.

jewel2sparkle
06-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeeah, that's because it doesn't just happen. It "just happens" very slowly over millions of years.

You need to educate yourself on a topic before calling it baloney. After all, people said the same thing about bacteria at first.
I know enough about the topic to know there is no logical evidence. I have my own beliefs....why try to stop me from saying them? I know better than to believe this.

Krsnik
06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Your arguement has just as little evidence as evolution. If anything, evolution has MORE evidence than creationism. Calling it an idiotic arguement really makes you look narrow minded, and ignorant. Plus, saying "better than this" when your arguement is just as faultering - also makes you look ignorant. Please, just reconsider, step back, and approach it logically. Believe what you will.

Miss Moonlight
06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Things evolve all the time. I don't see a reason for not believing in evolution. It's science.

Niome!
06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Things evolve all the time. I don't see a reason for not believing in evolution. It's science.Exactly. God has nothing to do with it, so why trust something that isn't apart of the Faith.

Ahh, now a book on Christian Science. Thats what I like.

FarEastStyle
06-24-2006, 07:34 PM
To clear things up for (some of) you.
Theres more than one type of evolution.

1.) Cosmic evolution- the origin of time, space and matter. Big Bang.

2.) Chemical evolution- the origin of higher elements from hydrogen.

3.) Stellar and planetary evolution- origin of stars and planets.

4.) Organic evolution. Origin of life.

5.) Macro-evolution. Origin of major kinds.

6.) Micro-evolution. Variations within kinds. [Only this type of evolution has been observed.]

Don't you feel more enlighten now?

yoko.......
06-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I just don't know if this is real.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-24-2006, 09:23 PM
To clear things up for (some of) you.
Theres more than one type of evolution.

1.) Cosmic evolution- the origin of time, space and matter. Big Bang.

2.) Chemical evolution- the origin of higher elements from hydrogen.

3.) Stellar and planetary evolution- origin of stars and planets.

4.) Organic evolution. Origin of life.

5.) Macro-evolution. Origin of major kinds.

6.) Micro-evolution. Variations within kinds. [Only this type of evolution has been observed.]

Don't you feel more enlighten now?
No one has ever directly seen a black hole, but their existence can be inferred from other data that doesn’t match that of a normal star, or other visible stellar objects. So to make your assertion correct, that only that which is direcly observed can be considered true, we would have to throw out much of human knowledge, such as the existence of atoms, which we’ve never directly seen except as unobservable small parts of larger materials. However, by the same token, we would have to throw out the existence of Yahweh who’s never directly been observed either. It cuts both ways.

If you want to cite the bible as proof of direct observations go ahead. It’s funny when you make priori assumptions as to the validity of a document because you believe in the being it was supposedly written about. It amuses me.

Also, The Best Essay Ever. (http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/What_Creationism_Is)

Dark_Cloud-Xiao
06-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Evolution as in how humans came to be? as i Christian i don't believe in the monkey to human thing

jewel2sparkle
06-24-2006, 09:33 PM
If anything, evolution has MORE evidence than creationism. I think not.

Plus, saying "better than this" when your arguement is just as faultering
I never said "better than this." Don't put those words into my mouth.

Lilium Filix
06-24-2006, 09:44 PM
I accept the possibitlity because evidents suggests that evolution exists. Or it happened.. whatever.

Teh --AEK

Sagat
06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I think not.Alright I'm going to call you on this, either put up or shut up. You insist creationism has more evidence than evolution but so far have stated jack all.

Miss Moonlight
06-25-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't see why being christian makes you not believe in science .. can't you believe in both?

Ollie
06-25-2006, 01:13 AM
jewel2sparkle...let me make one thing clear.

You do not ever - in a forum or in real life - walk into a discussion and call the topic at hand utter crap without being able to prove your point. You do not walk into any discussion without being able to prove your point. If you try, you will be either laughed at or ignored. That being said...

You just waltzed into the topic and declared that evolution is bunk, has no logic to it, cannot ever work, and then refused to provide any basis for this belief at all. You can believe whatever the deuce you want, but if you're going to make exclaims like that publicly, be prepared to have that view challenged, and be prepared to back that view up. Otherwise, don't say anything, because you are not doing anything to add to the discussion; if anything, you're taking away from it.

Or, if that was not clear enough:
...either put up or shut up. You insist creationism has more evidence than evolution but so far have stated jack all.You said, "I know enough about this topic to know it's not logical." Well, you know what? PROVE IT.

moonlightkisu, please try to read the whole topic before posting. I already stated that being Christian does not mean you have to believe in Creationism.

Bankotsu's Servant
06-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Well, I can see a gigantic agrument coming, so I think I'm going to leave.

viewtyjoe
06-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Yay arguments!

First of all, we've observed atoms. If I felt that people don't believe in the existence of what can't necessarily be seen, I'd post a link.

Second of all, if we examine the evidence for macroevolution, the fossil record, any diehard believer in Creationism could simply say, "God created the fossil record to fool the unbelievers." This is why there typically isn't any discussion on this topic and we just get a flame war. Rather than getting mean and nasty, which only encourages more bile to flow both ways, be polite and try not to be too contrary to those with differring viewpoints. This way, we might actually get some intelligent discussion.

For all of you who wonder why things are the way they are, I point you to the Anthropic Principle, which, summed up, states that since the universe is defined by the observations of those observing it, the universe is the way it is in order to bring forth life to observe the universe. Chew on that for awhile.

For those of you who don't understand why religion exists, I'll explain: religion is the product of humans who observe that things don't always happen for readily apparent reasons. Rather than try to find a reason that can't readily be found, it is much easier to attribute what happens to an unseeable, unknowable power. And before you angry Christians say anything about you knowing God, I point to your specific holy text and say, have you not read the parts where God describes himself as unknowable?

If anyone wants to discuss with me, I'll be happy to respond to intelligible responses of a noninflammatory nature. Thank you, and that is all.

Nighthawk
06-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Evolution is da pwnzjo0, and Darwin was the greatest scientific genius that ever existed (my opinion). Now if someone says "duh, evolution crap, dun see it", microbiologists can observe it daily. The only thing you cant really observe or prove among both theories is creationism or "intelligent design" (btw, what is intelligent in our design? it is in fact highly inefficient, so youd better call it stoopid design, because: need oxygene which is highly toxic, need high body temperature further limiting our maximum life expectance, from age 25 on everythings going down the drain, ie wrinkles, loss of hair, teeth, you get malfunctioning of organs, genetical mishaps). Everyone is free to believe what (s)he wants, but dont just do the "joos is all crap0la" thing with similar 1-lined followups.

FarEastStyle
06-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Manhatten_Project_2000, all I really understood from that was something about black hole. All I had was a list of different evolution theories..eh NEWHO,
Black holes may or may not exist [I think you said something like that]...If they do exist, they are invisible, weigh billions of tons, and are smaller that a kernel of corn (Because of its enormous gravitational pull, it would cave in on itself. It would shrink to the size of the moon, down to the size of a basketball, then finally it would effectively have no size at all).

When a star collapses below a certain radius, it would become so dense, and its gravitational pull so strong, that even light could not escape (hence the name ‘black hole’). Matter inside a black hole would be so dense that a piece less than one centimetre across could weigh as much as planet earth.
No black holes have yet been positively identified, and not all astronomers accept their existence. But even if black holes do exist, they give no support to the theory of evolution. Black holes are simply in line with the fact that the universe is decaying. Things do not spontaneously improve and become more orderly, as evolution theory would have people believe. They decay, run down, and lose their orderliness.

-counter

Toughfairy101
06-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I only belive in God, and no evolution

Sagat
06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Religion is the temporary filler for what is still undiscovered and understood by science. As science expands, religion contracts. Eventually there will be one happy day where religion contracts to the point where there is a cosmic "pop!" like a bubble and it is no more.

Of course such a day of enlightenment is far off but I can dream.

Toughfairy101
06-25-2006, 07:20 PM
What you said makes scence. But I still don't belive in evolution.

Lady Rain
06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
well evloution is the most logical answer... and it makes the most sense
I totally agree with that. I mean, if you really sit down and think about all the possible answers that one just makes the most sense to me. But again, thats my opinion and I know a few ppl who would beg to differ. lol

Lilium Filix
06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
What if science were the filler of things unsure about in religion? True there's still a lot of unclarity in religion but what if? Example, according to science, Earth was created during the Big Bang where all the essential chemicals came together to form what we call our home planet today. Yet scientists admit that it is impossible that those elements came together without some help AND they themselves have considered the possibility that the help was divine.

Be that as it may, religion or science, in the end it all depends on what it is that you, as an individual, choose to believe. No one else has the right to say whether or not where your beliefs lie are right or wrong.

Teh -- Lilium

Sagat
06-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Be that as it may, religion or science, in the end it all depends on what it is that you, as an individual, choose to believe. No one else has the right to say whether or not where your beliefs lie are right or wrong.

Teh -- LiliumAnd the ignorant fools of the church who proclaimed and believed 400 years ago that the universe and sun revolves around the earth? Were they not wrong?

Lilium Filix
06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
And the ignorant fools of the church who proclaimed and believed 400 years ago that the universe and sun revolves around the earth? Were they not wrong?
There were also ignorant fools of science who claimed that the earth was flat and that if you were to venture off too far you'd fall unto the ends of the earth.

Teh --Lilium

Sagat
06-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes but their science wasn't really true science in that it was skewed facts mangled with personal desires and blind faith. It was a mockery.

jewel2sparkle
06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not gonna go all out just to explain myself and no one is going to make me. I can call this theory whatever the heck I want. I am not trying to win people over with my religion. Got it?

Good.

Lilium Filix
06-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes but their science wasn't really true science in that it was skewed facts mangled with personal desires and blind faith. It was a mockery.
Faith isn't necessarily connected to religion alone. Faith is what you believe in, be it science OR religion, not just the latter. True, it may not have been true science but that can be said for religion too. The people of the church who burned so-called witches and claimed heresy of those who opposed them were also consumed by their desires and misdirected faith, not blind faith. So true or not, people of both science and religion (basically all people) make mistakes because it is human to do so. Again, it all comes down to what you choose to believe in.

Teh --Lilium

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-25-2006, 08:29 PM
FES: I'm sorry you don't understand what an example is. Next time I reply to you, I will be sure to include you a pretty picture.

What if science were the filler of things unsure about in religion? True there's still a lot of unclarity in religion but what if? Example, according to science, Earth was created during the Big Bang where all the essential chemicals came together to form what we call our home planet today. Yet scientists admit that it is impossible that those elements came together without some help AND they themselves have considered the possibility that the help was divine.

Umm, a few crackpots excluded, no. The only unknown is in how chemicals formed into self-replicating organic compounds of complexity. There are many theories as to how it could come around, but all of them (Including creation by a divine being) are as of yet Un-testable. The fact that stars manufacture all of the elements through fusion is very well founded. Chemical reactions don't require an overseer.

Lilium Filix
06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
\

Umm, a few crackpots excluded, no. The only unknown is in how chemicals formed into self-replicating organic compounds of complexity. There are many theories as to how it could come around, but all of them (Including creation by a divine being) are as of yet Un-testable. The fact that stars manufacture all of the elements through fusion is very well founded. Chemical reactions don't require an overseer.
Alright, agreed that creation with divine help has yet to be proven. However, where did these so-called organic chemicals come from?

Teh --Lilium

[Boolean]
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Indeed I do...well...in some aspects of it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Alright, agreed that creation with divine help has yet to be proven. However, where did these so-called organic chemicals come from?

Teh --Lilium
According to data from Meteorites and space rocks found on earth, they apparently form quite readily in deep space. They’re just chemicals. They themselves aren't that amazing.

Ollie
06-25-2006, 08:55 PM
edit* this part removed, Manhatten beat me to it.

I'm not opposed to the idea that life began with divine intervention, but I still think it's possible it happened accidentally, and I definately don't agree that everything appeared out of nowhere, in the state they are in today (humans, monkeys, dolphins, etc.) by a higher hand.

Elfy
06-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Well I believe in evolution as such, but I don't see why there can't be a reconcilitation of both creationism and evolution

viewtyjoe
06-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Because the diehard creationists aren't willing to compromise any ground. If you want to look to things where divine intervention could easily be the explanation, look at the beginning of the universe. One instant, nothing, no time, no space, nada. The next, BOOM! Time and space came into being and the universe as we know it began. Question: why is there a universe for us to exist in in the first place?

Music Fiend
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Although I'm not sure about monkeys been linked to humans and all that, I do believe in Evolution. Darwin made a lot of sense in his theory of evolution, and survival of the fittest does seem to hold true in nature (like the different types of birds he observed in the Galapagos).

[Boolean]
06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Someone asked that I specify. For them I say this: of course I believe in the fact that things evolve to adapt to changes in their environment, and that humans and other creatures we know today once were more simple beings. I question, however, why it all started. The universe itself must have began somewhere, before the Big Bang. Had something, or someone, decided to "make" it, and to guide it through evolution and watch it develop? This may sound very cheesy, stupid even, but it makes me reconsider the subject of this topic...so could someone please shed some light upon this?

Knuffle Bunny
06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Evolution, as in the one that challenges religion? If so, then i think it's a ligical answer. To believe something your really unsure about. Thta's what troubles me.

____
06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't really believe in either one. But that's probalby because I never think about them. I would have to go with evolution since it is more logical, but that's just me. I'm not a religious kind of person for personal reasons...

viewtyjoe
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
This is where I point back to my rather long post that everyone decided to ignore and continue on with their "arguing." Why is the universe the way it is? Simple, the universe is defined by its observers, so in order to properly exist, conditions for life must be met.

DisturbedFMA
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
im a religious guy, but i believe in evolution, because science has very compelling evidence for it. also i think that the only way life has to survive is through evolution, by becoming more advanced and more adapted to the kind of world that we are making. i believe that God exists, but im not too sure about him creating human life outta nothing. all in all i believe in evolution

Prophet of Death
07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Its either evolution or god.. I choose evolution :)

Amaruk
07-08-2006, 01:08 AM
I don't know what 2 believe! I have seen the evidence that makes a case for evolution more convincing, and yet it relies way to much on randomness for me to completely believe!!

Toughfairy101
07-09-2006, 03:18 PM

Teh -- LiliumExactly, no one can prove that there was a big bang without the same ingredients as a bomb so if there was no gun powder, fire, or nuclier stuff, or anything that can cause an explosion, it would have been imposible for an explosion. :ooh: :angry1:

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Exactly, no one can prove that there was a big bang without the same ingredients as a bomb so if there was no gun powder, fire, or nuclier stuff, it would have been imposible for an explosion. :ooh: :angry1:
You don't understand physics at all, do you?

I'd give you the link to Wikipedia's Big Bang Article, but you wouldn't read or understand it, so there's no point.

Alice_Fallen_Cloud
07-09-2006, 05:34 PM
signs of evolution are around us at all times most people just dont want to except them, this doesnt mean that religion is falacy however, just look at it as adaptation

Sagat
07-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Exactly, no one can prove that there was a big bang without the same ingredients as a bomb so if there was no gun powder, fire, or nuclier stuff, it would have been imposible for an explosion. :ooh: :angry1:Nuclier? Oh you must mean NUCLEAR.

As for your gun powder comment .. Wow. I stand in awe of your stupidity. We have a new champion. According to you, all explosions need gunpowder. Man those stars in the universe must have a hell of a lot of gunpowder! I bet those twisted space pirates stuffed them full of it too!

"Nuclier" stuff is also needed? How incredibly in-depth. What, by chance, is "nuclier stuff" comprised of?

Stick to your anime kid.

Demond
07-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes i do.Without evalution we wouldn't be here.

BlueJade
07-09-2006, 06:07 PM
From what I have learned evolution should be consider a religion of death.

Ollie
07-09-2006, 09:12 PM
From what I have learned evolution should be consider a religion of death....

Exactly what is it that you learned about evolution?

Eris
07-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Exactly what is it that you learned about evolution?

And more importantly, where do you find a god (required for a something to be a religion) in evolution?

Daenerys
07-09-2006, 10:05 PM
It's kinda hard not to believe in something that has scientific proof. You can't fake skeletal remains like you can fake writing that was passed down for "thousands" of years.

Faceless111
07-10-2006, 01:58 AM
It's kinda hard not to believe in something that has scientific proof. You can't fake skeletal remains like you can fake writing that was passed down for "thousands" of years.Are you trying to imply that the Bible isn't as old as it claims to be? Well, it is thousands of years old, if you must know. Just keep in mind that people are stupid and were even more stupid back then.

Still, it's a good read even if you don't feel religious. I mean, people getting eaten by lions, giants, Romans, and slavery. What's not to like?

BlueJade
07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Evolution is a theory so I don't take it serious. It teaches that we are all evolving to a more perfect state, amebae to monkey to man right? Life only comes from pre-existing life, So what was before amebae I wonder?
So it'll take forever till we see whats next and we won't live to see it by the way.
Isn't it possible that an unseen Creator designed us?
I rather not get into ALL the reasons why Whispers because it'll turn into a debate and its a waste of time.

DemonToaster
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I believe in evolution. It's sort of like adaption.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Evolution is a theory so I don't take it serious.
The Scientific use of the word theory is not the same as the common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory#Science

It teaches that we are all evolving to a more perfect state, amebae to monkey to man right?
No it doesn't. It make's no assertion that a man is any better then an Amoeba. In fact, just going by the number of Amoeba, Amoeba > Man.

Life only comes from pre-existing life, So what was before amebae I wonder?
A loose suspension of organic chemicals, formed in space, brought down to earth by Meteors. Makes a lot less assumptions than creationism.

So it'll take forever till we see whats next and we won't live to see it by the way.
It's already been proven. Why does TB require more powerful antibiotics then 100 years ago?

Isn't it possible that an unseen Creator designed us?
I rather not get into ALL the reasons why Whispers because it'll turn into a debate and its a waste of time.
It’s possible, but not testable, and therefore moot. It’s also possible Joe Pesci created us directly before premiering Casino, and due to his influence, we simply think events took place before hand. However, just because no one can disprove this happened doesn’t make it any more likely.

Ollie
07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Faceless: it's the writing style. Two authors can take the exact same story, but one will be so much better because he wrote it better. First time I really picked up a Bible, I read to page 2 and quit because it was so damn boring.
I rather not get into ALL the reasons why Whispers because it'll turn into a debate and its a waste of time.That's probably because you already made it clear that you don't know anything about evolution. So good idea, save your time for something better.

Sexy Angel
07-13-2006, 12:05 AM
what an interesting topic!!~

yup, i do believe in evolution..

for weeks of having studied anthropology,

i have gotten more interested in the evolution of man..

it's some kind of mystery..

isn't it interesting??;)

Wolfwood
07-13-2006, 02:12 AM
i wonder what pets will be like in the future ^^

but i simply cant see how life can work without evoloution. creatures always change to adapt to their enviroment and without being able to do that they would die.
there's also plenty of evidence supporting evoloution like skeletons that have been found from different parts in history showing humans changing more and more.

(ignore spelling errors i make ^^; english is a second language to me. Bad english is my first language :p. also, i havent seen most this topics post, so ignore mine if i've repeated what others have said ^^; )

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Gizoku
07-13-2006, 02:27 AM
Theres somethings I do belive in evoulution but somethings I dont....So 1/2

Princess Cupcake
07-13-2006, 02:42 AM
This is a touchy subject of course. It's alittle hard for me to follow but my beliefes would come before scientific research. But proof would make things more complicated. :sleep:

Yugure's Goddess
07-13-2006, 02:45 AM
I do believe in evolution. It's practically been proven already examples being like others said fossils and adaptation to a creature's enviroment and the fact that viruses (the best example being AIDS or the common cold) often evolve when infecting another organism or do so repeatedly in order to infect a single creature multiple times.

Evolution is no longer just a theory there is substantial evidence to prove it and considerably more to support it than the theory of creationism. And unlike those who put faith in a deity (or several) scientist almost always back-up their claims with tests, observations and logic before mass-promoting them.

Most people who don't believe in Evolution know next to nothing about it except that it states life-forms slowly adapted and changed to suit their enviroments and see it only as an unproved and/or unprovable theory. However they are, sadly, misguided.

Evolution has merit and truth in it.

love
dani
dude

_CTA_
07-13-2006, 02:58 AM
i believe in evolutions but about humans im not really sure...

Keitaru-san
07-17-2006, 10:18 AM
well i believe we were bigger and bit hairier...but i dont believe bieng ape otherwise all other apes would be humans by now.

and yes animal evolve thats depends on environment...also the radioactive that is coming from earth itself, but its very small amount so it doesnt damage us but it change us into unique personalities.

~Pure Soul~
07-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Uh,i've never thought of that so i don't know

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-17-2006, 06:55 PM
well i believe we were bigger and bit hairier...but i dont believe bieng ape otherwise all other apes would be humans by now.

and yes animal evolve thats depends on environment...also the radioactive that is coming from earth itself, but its very small amount so it doesnt damage us but it change us into unique personalities.
Ugh. OK. Humans evolved from a species of primate that also evolved into to other modern day primates. However, all primates of that species didn't evolve the same way, because all primates of that species didn't have the same pressures to evolve. Our ancestors left the forest, began to use tools, and began to become group predators. Proto-Chimpanzees never left the forest, because they had no need to. They could live just fine in the forest, eating leaves and berries, and occasionally sticking a stick into a termite mound and licking off the termites. They didn’t have to be able to make plans, or utilize tools in an advanced way.

It's like sawing a block of clay in half, giving it to two different people, sitting them in different rooms, and telling them to both make cups. What's produced from that clay is in no way, shape, or form going to be identical, except in that it was made from the same clay.

As for the rest… no. Mutations can be created by radiation, but the ones that are important to evolution are the genetic transcription errors that arise naturally. And they seem to be, at best a weak factor in evolution.

loko inuyasha
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
of cource i do

Keitaru-san
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Ugh. OK. Humans evolved from a species of primate that also evolved into to other modern day primates. However, all primates of that species didn't evolve the same way, because all primates of that species didn't have the same pressures to evolve. Our ancestors left the forest, began to use tools, and began to become group predators. Proto-Chimpanzees never left the forest, because they had no need to. They could live just fine in the forest, eating leaves and berries, and occasionally sticking a stick into a termite mound and licking off the termites. They didn’t have to be able to make plans, or utilize tools in an advanced way.

It's like sawing a block of clay in half, giving it to two different people, sitting them in different rooms, and telling them to both make cups. What's produced from that clay is in no way, shape, or form going to be identical, except in that it was made from the same clay.

As for the rest… no. Mutations can be created by radiation, but the ones that are important to evolution are the genetic transcription errors that arise naturally. And they seem to be, at best a weak factor in evolution.

ok ok i give....man u didnt had to go real smart on my butt.....:glare:

__Jesse__
07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
It’s possible, but not testable, and therefore moot.^You have got to be kidding me. This is what mankind has evolved into, an egotistical race of megalomaniacs who believe if something can't conform to their own system of testing and proving things it is automatically considered fiction? What other theories involving the creation of mankind can be proven 100% beyond a resonable doubt? None. That makes your idea no more credible than the idea of a higher being creating us. You seem to try SO hard to make yourself sound really smart. I personally believe in evolution to a degree. I also believe in the Christian belief that a higher being created us. Many people think those two beliefs contradict each other but I don't think they do. Why would man evolve, just because his instincts tell him to? No. Instincts affect only behavior, not structure or appearance. Someone had to program that process into mankind. You know who? A creator, AKA God. I believe God has and has always had a plan for mankind, and evolution is simply a part of that plan. But most of the human race seem to believe that we are an 'all-knowing' dominent existance that makes final judgement on what is fact or fiction when we are really just riding an ego trip and providing substitute theories and ideas for things we cannot explain. We seem to be afraid of our lack of true knowledge and are too weak to accept a truth that requires faith instead of science. Evolution indeed. What a long way we've come...

A loose suspension of organic chemicals, formed in space, brought down to earth by Meteors. Makes a lot less assumptions than creationism.Wow. The statement "A loose suspension of organic chemicals, formed in space, brought down to earth by Meteors" certainly makes no assumptions, does it?

Sabrina Elric
07-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't believe in Evolution because I don't think that it is right. All that evidence that they have that we come from primates is just one theory. I believe in Creatism and maybe people just come in all shapes and sizes.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
This is what mankind has evolved into, an egotistical race of megalomaniacs who believe if something can't conform to their own system of testing and proving things it is automatically considered fiction?
So, since you made this point, you really can’t complain. Just because I say things that aren’t provable, and don’t conform to your thoughts doesn’t mean I am wrong. You are in essence, claiming my hypothesis is wrong because yours is right. Way to go.

Alright, to be fair that’s only partially what you mean. The rest is a criticism against the fact that I require Falsifiability. Although you truly believed that anything was possible independent of being provable you would have never posted a reply. You’d be too busy constantly testing simple objects, like The Ruler of the Universe ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_characters_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_ the_Galaxy#Ruler_of_the_Universe.2C_The)

Falsifiability is a necessary concept in every day life, but why would you throw it to the wayside in larger matters? If you go out, and try to start your car only to find that it won't, do you assume Redcaps stole your engine, turn around and walk back inside? No. You pop the hood and try to figure out the reason it won't start, not make assumptions. Things have to be provable, or else you can't narrow down the possibilities. All things being equally unprovable, my hypothesis that Joe Pesci created the universe shortly before the premier of Casino is equally likely.

I, as I state an average of every other post in these kinds of threads, am an Agnostic. I take the side of evolution because there is a large amount of evidence that supports it, and almost none of any consequence for Creationism, mostly because ID's entire defense is based around the priori assumption that God exists, and created the Universe. They try to prove their assumption by misreading the facts and selecting only the best evidence, not paying attention to that which contradicts them. Some scientists do this too, but it isn't anywhere near the level present in things like ID. With science, it's an aberration created by a few individuals that peer review usually takes care of. With ID, it's the rule, not the exception.

My saying Moot point doesn't mean that a god does not exist, only that, from a Human's perspective it doesn't matter if he does or not. God is not a provable concept. It's like saying sitting in the Sun matters to a Daisy. A Daisy could be located on the dark side of the moon, but if all of it's needs for life(water, CO2, soil, certain wavelengths of light) are met, the Daisy will thrive. If the conditions exist, Humans will thrive. Regardless of whether a deity did it willfully, or it was simply a chance occurrence in an infinite universe, we exist.

Riyokin
07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I believe in evolution. My girlfriend LOVES evolution. Almost more then she loves me. lol

Suki The Werecat
07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Well it's a hell of a lot more sensable reason to why we exist...and besides...religion is more like a cult now adays...what is this world coming too...

Beautiful_Disaster
07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Lol,never thought about it ^^

Crystal_Gardevoir
07-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Well Evolution is theonly thing that actually explains the origin of where we come from and is very understandible so yes I do believe it. Actually I never heard of it until the end of Middle school...:p

azazeal
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
a lot of people seem to think that evolution is about genetics... that evolution is in our DNA. how can it be. how can everyone in the world be evolving to the same thing, when everyone is living in different conditions... evolution cant be genetic it has to be a socially related.

i think were always seeking answers we'll never be able to know..

how was the universe created?
does god exist?
what is the purpose of life?

these are questions which we will never know the answers to. we shouldnt be asking questions about life (same as examples above) as it wastes soo much of our lifes to chase after answer which we'll never know. we should be living life to the full rather than try to explain things which we have no control over. Humanity is the superior species on the planet right? wrong! no its not... humans can be killed by something one millionth of our size... rather than ask questions that we can never know the answers to we should try to work on whats happening now... the present... trying to create a world for our children and our children's children, rather than fighting with each other we should be working together... regardless of colour, race, origin or creed!

:confused: sorry, sometimes i get carried away and cant stop.... please continue with your conversation... i know im very opinionated... thank you for your time

Kristen
07-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Uhm, it'd be kind of ridiculous not to, seeing as how we evolved (scientifically proven) from a singular organism.

Ollie
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
i think were always seeking answers we'll never be able to know..

how was the universe created?
does god exist?
what is the purpose of life?Uh. Except those have nil to do with the conversation, and evolution is a dis/provable concept.

And evolution also has little to nothing to do with how life began. Just why and how so many different species are "related" and why, to the simplest way of explaining it.

The Rebel
07-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Of course I believe in evolution. The proof is right there! Go to a museum and it's right there. It's either adapt or die. Hell even we (humans) evolve. It's just a dact of life. Unfortunitly, one that many just can face because they can't handle the truth.

scar_m
07-20-2006, 09:45 AM
i DON'T believe in evolution!

Yugure's Goddess
07-21-2006, 01:01 PM
So, since you made this point, you really can’t complain. Just because I say things that aren’t provable, and don’t conform to your thoughts doesn’t mean I am wrong. You are in essence, claiming my hypothesis is wrong because yours is right. Way to go.

Alright, to be fair that’s only partially what you mean. The rest is a criticism against the fact that I require Falsifiability. Although you truly believed that anything was possible independent of being provable you would have never posted a reply. You’d be too busy constantly testing simple objects, like The Ruler of the Universe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_characters_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_ the_Galaxy#Ruler_of_the_Universe.2C_The)

Falsifiability is a necessary concept in every day life, but why would you throw it to the wayside in larger matters? If you go out, and try to start your car only to find that it won't, do you assume Redcaps stole your engine, turn around and walk back inside? No. You pop the hood and try to figure out the reason it won't start, not make assumptions. Things have to be provable, or else you can't narrow down the possibilities. All things being equally unprovable, my hypothesis that Joe Pesci created the universe shortly before the premier of Casino is equally likely.

I, as I state an average of every other post in these kinds of threads, am an Agnostic. I take the side of evolution because there is a large amount of evidence that supports it, and almost none of any consequence for Creationism, mostly because ID's entire defense is based around the priori assumption that God exists, and created the Universe. They try to prove their assumption by misreading the facts and selecting only the best evidence, not paying attention to that which contradicts them. Some scientists do this too, but it isn't anywhere near the level present in things like ID. With science, it's an aberration created by a few individuals that peer review usually takes care of. With ID, it's the rule, not the exception.

My saying Moot point doesn't mean that a god does not exist, only that, from a Human's perspective it doesn't matter if he does or not. God is not a provable concept. It's like saying sitting in the Sun matters to a Daisy. A Daisy could be located on the dark side of the moon, but if all of it's needs for life(water, CO2, soil, certain wavelengths of light) are met, the Daisy will thrive. If the conditions exist, Humans will thrive. Regardless of whether a deity did it willfully, or it was simply a chance occurrence in an infinite universe, we exist.

Nuclier? Oh you must mean NUCLEAR.

As for your gun powder comment .. Wow. I stand in awe of your stupidity. We have a new champion. According to you, all explosions need gunpowder. Man those stars in the universe must have a hell of a lot of gunpowder! I bet those twisted space pirates stuffed them full of it too!

"Nuclier" stuff is also needed? How incredibly in-depth. What, by chance, is "nuclier stuff" comprised of?

Stick to your anime kid.

Dang! You two are effin' awsome! ^_^ *points to quoted posts* What they said! :D

love
dani
dude

Katrina_Survivor2
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow. The statement "A loose suspension of organic chemicals, formed in space, brought down to earth by Meteors" certainly makes no assumptions, does it?
Of course it makes assumtions. He never said it didn't. What he said was that it makes alot less assumtions that creationism. And really, how can you disagree. Christianity is entirely based on the assumtion that the bible is inherently true, for which they really have no proof. Believe it if you want, but you have to acknowledge that it is faith, believing something without proof.

ShadowtheWarWolf
07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I guess I believe in evolution. If there wasn't evolution we wouldn't be around.

lex__luthor
07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
i do and dont belive in it i dont know why but i belive both sides of the conflict

shi_amai
07-21-2006, 06:33 PM
First of all, evolution doesn't just deal with humans. Get that straight.

Anyone who thinks evolution is a lie is pretty crazy. Sure, I respect people to believe what they wish, but it's not like we popped out of nowhere and knew so much. We were monkeys and cavemen, and slowly we evolved. Read your history, people. ^.~ ((yeah, i wasn't very descriptive, but oh well)).

Gjallarhorn
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay, I told myself over and over I would not post in this thread, but I gave in. I am going to try not to offend anyone.

The way I see it, evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution) is the truth. Maybe the theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory) we have about it is slightly incorrect, but we have a decent sum of evidence we can put forth to back it up. People seem to think that we have been able to record evolution on a large scale, such as a moderatly sized animal. We haven't. If you think about it, we have only been paying attention to this sort of thing on a large scale since Darwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin). The thought had existed before then, but on a minute scale. Also consider the advances in science over the past century, which have enabled us to learn more about our origins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_origin), and our progression from those origins. We have seen evolution on a smaller level, such as bacteria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria#Genetic_Variation) and viruses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus_evolution), such as influenza. Every year or so there is a new vaccine for the Flu that year, as that Flu is different from the previous Flu. Consider Avian Flu (Bird Flu) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avian_flu), which has adapted itself to spread to humans during the time that we have known about it. On top of that, we have skeletal evidence from our ancestors, as Masali mention. There have been several branches of humanoid species which have branched out from one another, such as Homo Erectus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_erectus) and branches such as Australoopithecus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australopithecus). We many different types of skulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skulls#Humans) which are similar to our own, but with more and more differences if we arrange them chronologically and look back at them, evidence of our ancestors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_ancestor). Even in ourselves, we have evidence, that being the appendix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermiform_appendix).

I am going to avoid the topic of religion, as I guarantee I would get the thread closed, and leave that subject to someone else.