PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon

sbsp13668
06-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I hope no one's already started this topic since it is a very popular one. Many people say that Tokyo Mew Mew is a copy of Sailor Moon in a way I find this true but I like Tokyo Mew Mew more because it has animals in it and I'm a huge animal lover! =^.^= So which do you like more, Tokyo Mew Mew or Sailor Moon?
http://www.nomix.it/images/sailor_moon.jpgVS.http://www.cosplayangel.com/images/costumes-ichigo-picture.jpg

animeangellover
06-18-2006, 02:28 PM
sorry a whole bunch of these topics have already been started ^^; but i prefer sailor moon that mew mew crap is just a copy

Sinnaku
06-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Unfortunately for you, this topic has been made and remade many times before.

However, both shows are incredibly retarded. You should know that I own some of the uncut sailor moon dvd installments. Uncut? you ask, why yes. Turns out that there was need to censor some nudity and lesbian nature. But I actually see the good stuff.

If I had to choose one it's Slr Mn. (Fear my abbreviations!) Because it came firt and didn't rip anything else off.

Knuffle Bunny
06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Well, sorry to say, but this topic has been so frequently started ...it's not even funny.
But yadyadya they are very similar, and there both very love and justice ish. And both use "flower power". But i like umm i hate it when i have to decide between two crappy shows. um..@.@ Tokyo mewmew. >.> NOt mew mew power. Dang i hate dubbed shows. But then again. Who doesn't?>.<

Ayana
06-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I've seen similar topics but it doesn't matter :)

I like both. SM and TMM are good anime for girls and they are similar, but this fact doesn't bother me. I must admit, I like TMM better because I like nekos^^ SM has interesting plot but Usagi is little annoying. Well, that's all... I can't say more because i haven't seen all episodes of TMM :(

~Pure Soul~
06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
I love tokyo mew mew and sailor moon.

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-04-2006, 01:40 AM
I like Sailor Moon better because Tokyo Mew Mew is a copy,Ichigo is too bright and pink she is way too childish and girly and well se is too love sick whenever she is around Mark (I forget his japnese name ^^;;).As for Sailor Moon it is a crappy classic ^^.

A True Friend
09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
I like Tokoyo Mew Mew!

[:*Angel Ichigo-chan*:]
09-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Tokoyo Mew Mew is better!

FuyumiAya
09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I love them both equally, but Tokyo mew mew was better animated

Acnologia
09-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Sailor Moon, I said before an will say it again, those girls own.
I have reasoning to my opinion:
Even in raw form, TMM is childish, it really has no premise at all, its just a bunch of animorph cat girls who fight derranged animals.../LAME

Now in SM its more action, theres always somthing good going on, and Sailor Pluto is hot.

♥Kawaii_Flower♥
09-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew,kawaii and adorable anime! =^.^=

free2hate
09-16-2006, 03:08 PM
i like them both, but still i like Tokyo mew Mew more, because the story is good thow Sailor Moon it's a little old, it remains a very cool anime
it's not true at all that TMM is a copy of SM, because many anime have similar stories!

Princess Hoshi
09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
I like both and I always will. They are both inspirational for my art and I love both cause I love heroine animes. I love them both! ^_^

::~~~ITS MY 100th POST YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!~~~:: *DANCES WITH ROCK LEE AND GAARA* xDDD

Acnologia
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I feel somewhat obligated to ask.
How the hell is MewMew a copy of SM? Theres nothing the same except that they both fight random enemys

Bucky Katt
09-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I feel somewhat obligated to ask.
How the hell is MewMew a copy of SM? Theres nothing the same except that they both fight random enemies
That, and they have different concepts. Sort of.
Sailor Moon fights ... stuff. o_o;
And TMM fight aliens that want Earth as their own planet again.

Athena
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I like Sailor Moon better. TMM doesn't even come close to Sailor Moon. That's just my opinion though...>_>

Anjiru Ookami
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
i like mew mew more because i get alot of my inspiration from that shows style. and i just plain hate sailor moon for some reason *shuders*

cid123
09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
I like sailormoon

cid123
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
dose that make me a sissy?

Anjiru Ookami
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
double post!

DarkMoonPrince
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I like them both equally ^^

Ragexmr
09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Tokyo Mew Mew and Bishoujou Senshi Sailor Moon are very different shows. One could argue that they're similiar because they both have Mahou Shoujou but then you have to classify Naruto as the Street Fighter since they both feature warriors who have tournaments and improve on their skills from some sort or sensei. Mahou Shoujou is a genre just as fighting anime are. To say that theyre the same just because of that is just nensensical.
Tokyo Mew Mew features a super sentai team that fights aliens who want to relcaim earth as thier own planet and in order to instrument this plan they implant little alien parasites into animals in order to absorb peoples energy so that they can awaken their leader who happens to have been reincarnated in the main characters boyfriend.
Sailor Moon is an epic Mahou Shoujou with too many themes to list and everyone knows them anyway so I needn't bother.
Other shows that can be compared to BSSM:

Aitenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach
Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Boorin
Akazukin Chacha
Cardcaptor Sakura
Code Name Wa Sailor V
Corrector Yui
Cutey Honey Flash
Cyber Idol Mink
Hana No Mahoutsukai Marybell
Hime-chan No Ribbon
Himitsu no Akko-chan
Kaitou Saint Tail
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Magic Knight Rayearth
Mahou no Angel Sweet Mint
Mahou no Princess Minky Momo
Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala
Miracle Girls
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS
Ojamajo Doremi
PQ Angels
Shamanic Princess
Super Doll Licca-chan
Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Fushigi Hoshi no Futago Hime
Futari wa Pretty Cure
Love Witch
Mahou Shoujo Neko Taruto
Mahou Shoujo Tai Alice
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
New Legend of the Snow White Princess Pretear
Ojamajo Doremi
Princess Tutu
Sweet Valerian
Ultra Maniac
Uta-Kata

And those are just in the last decade or so. There were tons before BSSM that had the same themes and concepts. They are part of the genre. BSSM is only the most disputed because it was the first Mahou Shoujou on american television an as such we think of it as the first when it clearly was not.

To compare TMM to BSSM is like comparing Captain Janeway from Start trek to Picard. He didn't come first but beacause people recognized him first, he becomes the standard.

I'm sorry if this post is long overly analytical but these are two of my favorite shows and I feel really strongly about people comparing them.

cid123
09-19-2006, 11:05 AM
sorry about the dobule post!

FuyumiAya
09-19-2006, 11:44 AM
sorry about the dobule post!It's okay, just don't do it again.... ^_^.we don't want you to get in trouble!

.Gogo
09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I like them both, just Tokyo mew mew is a fresh spin off a sailor-moon type anime. Gotta luvv them <333

Hina-chan
09-20-2006, 01:43 AM
I like them both.

sherhix21
09-20-2006, 05:05 AM
like sailormoon most.

Miss Moonlight
09-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew is not a copy of sailormoon - that's wedding peach.

And yes, i've seen a bunch of these same topics before.

cid123
09-20-2006, 09:43 AM
No prob but I'd like to ask how do you get the jap pack?

Animegirl_
09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
I like Tokyo Mew Mew better,kawaii anime series! ^^

cid123
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Have you seen that one called Mew Mew Power?

FuyumiAya
09-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Have you seen that one called Mew Mew Power?mew mew power is the dubbed version of Tokyo Mewmew

cid123
09-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh ok that one was cool.

cid123
09-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm going to post in a Inuyasha forume.

Bucky Katt
09-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm going to post in a Inuyasha forume.Alright...
1: This is spam.
2: If you want to post in an InuYasha thread, go to the Feudal Era forum.
3: Get your grammar straight. If there's a vowel after a word that starts with "a, e, i, o, or u" you put "an".
4: For the sake of people who actually think, put, at least, a half-baked idea about TOKYO MEW MEW or SAILOR MOON.

shmexsay
09-23-2006, 10:03 PM
I love both of them. I'm only 20 episodes into Tokyo Mew Mew and I finished the Sailor Moon series, though, so I can't really judge...still, I think I might even start liking TMM more.

ShadowRaven
09-29-2006, 08:39 AM
I think Tokyo Mew Mew isn't a copy. Not a very good anime, but isn't a copy.
Sailor Moon isn't a very good anime, too. I don't like them too much.:D

Daenerys
09-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Wedding Peach isn't a copy of Sailor Moon at all. Sailor Moon's better than TMM.

razzen88
09-29-2006, 12:22 PM
best of the worst: tokyo mew mew