PDA

View Full Version : ~Why Sailor Moon is so much hated around here?~

March
06-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I really want to know why Sailor Moon is soooo hated?

I really think there is no reason to hate it.It's really a nice anime and bacically I really think it created magical girl transforming anime and then everyone here thinks its weak now look at the others magical girls weapons now tell me how something so pathetic can beat Sailor Moon:-

Sailor Moon vs Mew Ichigo

Sailor Moons weapon (and some more wepons):-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/kaleidoscope.gif

Mew Ichigo's weapon:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/dsfsg.jpg

Now how can Ichigo win from sailor moon with such a weak and stupid heart shaped bell!?

Sailor Moon vs Card Captor Sakura

Sailor Moon's wepon:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/cutierod.jpg

Card Captor Sakura's wand:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/gbvjhfg.jpg

Now if Sakura do uses a lot of cards it will take her time to realese the cards just like ~*Chibi_Sasuke*~ said in that thread so there is a lot of chances for sailor moon to win and she is more expricened and strong she could bat a 10 year old easily!!

Sailor Chibi Moon vs Ichigo:-

Sailor Chibi Moon's weapon (the wepon on the left side):-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/fdcgsdvg.jpg

Mew Ichigo's weapon:

same as the above.

Now look carefully how they look so alike Tokyo Mew Mew cheated Sailor moon and besides Chibi Usa would beat Ichigo because cheaters are losers!

Sailor Satrun vs Ichigo (thread by Sailor Chibimoon):-

Sailor Satrun's wepon:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/glaive.jpg

Ichigo's wepon (can't find anymore pics :-

same as the above

Ichigo's dead!

Sailor Moon vs kagome

Sailor moon's weapon:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/heartrod.jpg

Kagome's Arrow:-

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/hbhhj.jpg

so lets have a fair battle Sailor Moon is transformed and kagome is ready with her arrow now DUH!!!! Sailor Moon would kill Kagome and dodge or destroy her arrows.

and a zillion more threads about Sailor moon vs this and that magical girl but remember sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?.

DarkShadow60
06-18-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm sorry but sailormoon would lose to both Kagome and Sakura in a one-one fight. sakura has alot of options and kagome one good shot and its over. if it were me against sailormoon I'd use my drain life on her then force crush then cut her into pieces with my lightsabers then fry the pieces with force storm. and no its not a good anime don't care what anybody says ITS NOT GOOD.

Mamushi
06-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Because they're so prudish! I hate them..... Especially Usagi!

Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Well I seen a lot's of Fans of Sailor Moon Around Here

But in my Opinion I don't Like Sailor Moon At all

sbsp13668
06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah most of those sound right except for the Kagome one I think that Kagome would definately win that battle >.< Darn you pretty much beat me to the topic sorry I'm new so I have no idea what's been posted and once again sorry I wasn't trying to copy your thread/post v_v;

red storm
06-18-2006, 01:11 PM

I really think there is no reason to hate it.It's really a nice anime and bacically I really think it created magical girl transforming anime and then everyone here thinks its weak now look at the others magical girls weapons now tell me how something so pathetic can beat Sailor Moon:-I do not hate Sailor Moon, in fact I greatly enjoy the show. With all these 'versus threads' however, I like to look at things objectively. One of the most important things to note is that with Sailor Moon, it's not just the transformation that takes time, the attacks themself take up a hell of a lot too.

Now how can Ichigo win from sailor moon with such a weak and stupid heart shaped bell!?Likewise, how can Sailor Moon win with a candy rod? Truth be told, Sailor Moon versus Mew Ichigo would be the fairest among magical girl fights. Both have long transformations and attacks, the difference is that Mew Ichigo has catlike reflexes, but her 'ultimate' attack does no dammage, whereas Sailor Moon can stoss around truck sized hearts. This battlw would most likely go to Sailor Moon.

Now if Sakura do uses a lot of cards it will take her time to realese the cards just like ~*Chibi_Sasuke*~ said in that thread so there is a lot of chances for sailor moon to win and she is more expricened and strong she could bat a 10 year old easily!!Sakura needs one card, that takes maybe two seconds to release. Sailor Moon's attacks take an absolute minimum of 9-10 seconds. The obvious victor here is sakura.

Mew Ichigo's weapon:

same as the above.

Now look carefully how they look so alike Tokyo Mew Mew cheated Sailor moon and besides Chibi Usa would beat Ichigo because cheaters are losers!Chibi-Usa has only one harmless attack, assaulting the look-alike of the weapons as a reason for victory shows narrow-mindedness. It's a known fact that when alone, the anime Chibi-Usa is the weakest member of the cast.

same as the above

Ichigo's dead!Okay, this is an obvious victory for Saturn, if for the weapon alone. Even without, we are talking the Senshi of death here, no chance for Ichigo.

Sailor Moon vs kagome

so lets have a fair battle Sailor Moon is transformed and kagome is ready with her arrow now DUH!!!! Sailor Moon would kill Kagome and dodge or destroy her arrows.... pardon? Have you ever done any archery? Loading, aiming and firing an arrow takes a total of 3 seconds for me, whereas Sailor Moon needs 9 to 10 for just one attack. Kagome would have unloaded 3 arrows by the time sailor Moon is finished.

and a zillion more threads about Sailor moon vs this and that magical girl but remember sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?.
I hereby dub thee a Sailor Moon fangirl. Please, whenever you try to argue look at things objectively. The only reasons you give for victory are 'she's better!' 'the weapon is a copy' 'come on, its obvious!'

Whenever I hold a discussion, I look at the facts. I observe a characters strength and weaknesses, balance them and decide the most likely outcome. Sailor moon is strong, no doupts there, but the slow speed of her attacks make her very weak against fast oponents. Yet you never give any arguments against that. Hell, you never even spoke of them.

I carry no hate towards Sailor Moon, I love the show. but some of these matchups expose the horrible weaknesses Sailor Moon posseses. Face them instead of denying them.

jewel2sparkle
06-18-2006, 02:14 PM
The ony reason that I don't really love it to death is because of lack of action....the fights are just weak.

Riyokin
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
People don't like it much because they want heavy action people getting killed and stuff. I like sailormoon because it isn't hardcore with the fights, I find it soft and funny. Plus the story is pretty cool. Here is one person who doesn't hate sailor moon (ME)

Beautiful_Disaster
06-20-2006, 11:58 AM
It's too girly and lovey dovey...

Ayana
06-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Its girly because its anime for girls. When I was 14 I really loved it. The fights aren't the best (I have enjoyed them) but plot is nice, sometimes romantic, characters are good and they have "rich" personalities. In Stars (last season) Usagi is mature and isn't so childish crybaby anymore. I like "SM" and I like Usagi, but everybody has own free opinion. Some people like it, some people don't.

Sagat
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Because most of the people here are losers or geeks or both (I call them leeks) and have nothing better to do than sit around and compare animes or bash animes etc etc

That's the real reason

Miss Moonlight
06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, because sailormoon is a girly-girl anime. It's made for girls. Of course this does not mean guys can't or don't like it. I've been a fan of it for over 10 years, and usagi is my favorite character, even though she's the most understood and underrated. It's not a hardcore anime, cause it isn't meant to be.

However, I must say, it does get alot darker and more serious in the sailorstars season.

But if you want something hardcore with action and gore and blood and guts, go and find it, sailormoon is not it.

And DarkShadow60, PLEASE don't turn this into another kagome vs sailormoon thread, if you want to debate it, go there. However, be ready to get your arguments dissected.

DarkShadow60
06-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I've already made my point I don't think I'll say anymore.

Fetal Fetish
06-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Hmm..You should do some more researching. Tsk, tsk. Sakura could use many weapons, not just one. Kagome has very good aim, so before Sailor Moon can attack, she fires an arrow and BAM! She's toast. Now, for Ichigo, you make it sound like Ichigo hits people with that bell thing. WRONG! She's like Sailor Moon. She combines magical powers with her weapon, like Sailor Moon. So..I guess it's kind of a draw.

And that's your lesson for today. o.~

Miss Moonlight
06-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Sailormoon doesn't have as much of a attack delay as everyone thinks.

it's sad people can't tell that ..

♥Kawaii♥
06-22-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't really hate it but I think it is to soft! but I don't really mind girlyness I totally love the girlyness in this anime but I hate the lovey dovey stuff but Serena is strongr then most of the "magical girls" not including kagome because any fedural era character can win from a slow in transforming but beautiful magical girl and magical girls are unique in a speical way and what makes them unique is because they are different from all other types of anime they are ditzy and girly they have a love life and are totally cute and they are good at being clutzy and adorable! and Sailor Moon have all those qualities that what make the anime a real magical girl anime so i really love it from this angle! now let check on the vs threads!

Serena vs ichigo:-

Well this battle is going to Sailor moon because ichigo has attacks that may combine but they are lesser in ower and quantity than Serena's attacks so this battle goes to SM!

Serena vs Sakura:-

well this battle definatly goes to Sakura because she has more choices of attacks and sakura is the only magical girl,I think that could beat Serena!

Chibiusa vs Ichigo:-

well both have the same ditzy personalitys and wepons are kinda same too so this could be a tie!

Sailor Satrun vs Ichigo:-

well Satrun wins D.U.H!!!!

Sailor Moon vs Kagome:-

well any fedural era character can win from a magical girl even kagome could win from sakura so yeh! kagome is the winner!

Kitanoru
06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I just find Sailor Moon to be way to childish that is the reason I do not like it

yoko.......
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
sailormoon is okay but i like minimoon!!

ChibiChibi
06-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Ok, ok, ok. Yeesh. Settle down abit. You may say that lots of people dislike Sailor Moon. But you are forgetting how many people LIKE Sailor Moon. They don't have to love it but still...some people say they don't like it because it is too childish. Well, it may seem that way to some, but let me say, just go rent the Japenese version (with or without subtitles) and it goes from For Children to For Teens and Up. People can argue that "It's too girly" "It's too childish" and the opposition can say "The plot runs deeper" or something of the sort and it could go on for awhile. Honestly, it may just be the version they have is why they dislike it. Maybe they saw the second episode of the first season of the American version of the anime. Thus they might think the voice acting is bad, or that it is silly and for children. Now, if they saw the Japenese version of the anime or read the manga their veiw point may change. The Japenese version is definately different and the manga's artwork is beautiful. Now, let's look at the battles that were layed down in front of us.

Mew Ichigo vs. Sailor Moon

The fight is actually very even. TokyoGirl is right, you do make it sound like Ichigo smacks people with her bell. She uses words, magic, and her weapon combined for her attacks. Same with Sailor Moon. Words, magic, and weapon. Honestly it is the most fair fight of all.

Card Captor Sakura vs. Sailor Moon

Honestly, I can't really say...I've never seen Card Captor Sakura...heh, oops. But, from what I get, Sakura releases cards faster than Sailor Moon can use an attack. Then again, it isn't all about speed. Strategy, timing, and choice impacts it. Now, I don't know if Sakura has any "support" or other people who are ready and willing to battle with her, but Sailor Moon has the scouts and Tuxedo Mask. Now, if it was a one on one battle then I don't know...I have no idea what-so-ever

Mew Ichigo vs. Chibi Moon

...you can say that "Tokyo Mew Mew copied ChibiUsa's weapon" but I don't think they did that on purpose...See that picture? They didn't copy her better, bigger weapon off of any other anime/manga.http://www.shiroitsubasa.com/shiroitsubasa/cover1.jpgNow, in my opinion, Chibi Moon is the weakest of the scouts while Mew Ichigo is the leader of her bunch...I think the bout would go to Mew Ichigo (sorry about the big picture)

Sailor Saturn vs. Mew Ichigo

Ok, this one is EASY. It goes to Saturn. The weapon, the magic, everything! Saturn is much stronger than Mew Ichigo. She's the Sailor Scout of Death for crying out loud! No match. Saturn wins

Sailor Moon vs. Kagome

You know nothing about archery do you? "Dodge her arrows"? Yeah right! Now, if Kagome were any good at archery (I don't know since I don't watch Inyuyasha) and Sailor Moon was hopping around to avoid being shot just predict where she would be and kerpow. Done. "Destroy her arrows"? Nope, sorry. It is phsically impossible to split an arrow, and nearly impossible to hit one, how is she going to destroy it? Spend her time upgrading and then upping her possibility to hit it with her giant hearts? That would take WAAAY too long. Moon might have a chance if she stays unpredictable and takes her shot fast with her magic but the bout leans (but does not go to) toward Kagome.

Now, what was your last statement again? Right, "sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?." Sailor Moon is the best? Opinion. Most Determined? Opinion. Her weapons are so pretty? Opinion. Why does everyone hate the anime? Not everyone does. You're exagerating. Not the truth so it must be....opinion! Wow, all of that was YOUR OPINION. People like different things, think different things, and guess what? Everyone on this forum has different ideas and thoughts and things they like. Oh, and, by the way, I personally love Sailor Moon. It's my favorite (followed by Tokyo Mew Mew-the manga, not anime, never seen the anime). People are different. GET OVER IT. Eh, sorry about that. It's just all this writing get's me kinda crazy. Wow, long post, sorry!

Die Tod von Euch
06-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Sailor Moon was my gateway anime, meaning it's what got me into anime in the first place. I was once a hardcore moonie, and I'll always have a soft spot for the series.

What I don't like are the retarded vs. threads. Because they make no sense.

Well, it may seem that way to some, but let me say, just go rent the Japenese version (with or without subtitles) and it goes from For Children to For Teens and Up.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the original Japanese show isn't for teens and up. It's for children and families. Don't worry, I thought as you did once upon a time. And then I learned that they simply don't have all the Bible-thumper-induced censoring over there. Even an interview with the voice actress who plays Haruka talks about how it's a family show, and pretty much directed mostly towards the children.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...sort of... Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (BSSM) didn't create the magical girl genre, but it certainly introduced it to America and elsewhere. I'd also say it probably had a rather large influence on the genre as well. The only reason that there are people now who bash on it so much and champion shows such as Inu Yasha in its place (despite IY not even being a magical girl series...so where the heck are the comparisons even coming from?) is because it's an older series. It just happens. New anime fans get pulled in via Inu Yasha, Kenshin, or Naruto and whichever show it was that drew them in is the one they think is the best. Chances are, a lot of the people who bash BSSM haven't even seen it.

Ωmega
06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I just find Sailor Moon to be way to childish that is the reason I do not like itThen youve never watched the Japanese version. Like Die Tod said, its not mature over there in Japan, but it is here.
For example: In Sailor Moon season 1, Malakite and Zosite were lovers...gay lovers. Thats right, Zosite is really a boy. They mad him a her in the american version so little kids would ask their mommys and daddys why the two boys were kissing...
Anyway....I happen to adore Sailor Moon. It was my starter anime, and still holds place as my all time favorite. But theres going to be people who dont like it. Big deal. You cant force someone to like something just because you think they should...

Alma Rose
06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I like Sailor Moon. Not the crappy English version, (which I think is why a lot of people hate it) but the subbed version. There's a really solid base in mythology, With planets and personality traits, it's really well thought out. My favorite is Haruka, who is Uranus. Later in the show, she and Michiru (Neptune) adopt Hotaru (Saturn).
Saturn is the equivalent to the Greek God, Cronus. In greek myth, Uranus is married to Gaia, the legend says that he comes every night to mate with her. Eventually she got tired of this and asked all of her children to castrate Uranus, and only Cronus does. I find this ironic because Haruka is a girl. You'll find little quirks like that throughout the show. It was also my first anime. I don't think it's about 'who can kick who's butt' thats stupid and childish to me. Anime shouldnt cross over like that. I think that each induvidual anime should get its own attention. But thats just my opinion.

flamekid_5
06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
shes the worst ever! looser

Miss Moonlight
06-23-2006, 12:08 AM
*sigh*

Can't some people post a GOOD well thought out reason instead of the usual:

"omgz she sucks lollerskates 1!!!!"

Lyra
06-23-2006, 05:19 AM
In the fight of Sailor Moon vs. Kagome
Sailor Moon would win.Kagome can't even shoot an arrow straight and has to have
Inuyasha come save her all the time.Then again with her crappy aiming...
Sailor Moon is a classic magical girl fighting anime.Most of us younger anime watchers
had that as our first anime.Hey I still watch it.I think it's pretty clever and if you look
very closely most other animes has ripped something off from Sailor Moon one way or
another.The magical transforming,the items and the thought of regular girl go supergirl.The reason for Usagi probly being a crybaby is to show her make a
change in life from that pathetic teen into a strong young woman.Most likely it's
a girl anime, but all you boys know if it was for real in our world you would love
it.Teen age girls in mini skirts firghting crime for us.
There was even a survey at my school and 84% of the boys said they'd
like to have Sailor Moon in real life.Bascily I though it was perverted, but
still even though they don't speak for the rest of the world keep it in mind.

Rabbit Demon
06-23-2006, 07:58 AM
I totally agree with ♥Kawaii♥ and I don't hate it I think it is a classic,legandry and unique magical girl anime but I am not in love with that anime like some crazy SM fan because its too romantic for me! and it is also so soft in battles this is the same reason ♥Kawaii♥ gave in her poastes and in the vs threads I totally now agree with ♥Kawaii♥.

Ami~chan
06-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Sailor Moon is disliked much in the same way Naruto and Inuyasha are.

Sailor Moon is a good anime; however, some crazed fan girls/boys take it too far and begin to annoy.

Plus, even though I love Sailor Moon, it can get a tad silly. It's classic, but can be clad with stupid humor.

inuyasha_lover7089
06-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I love sailor moon it is so cool and was my first anime show anyone who hates it is very insane and needs help

_usagi_
06-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Well people hate Sailor Moon because the anime is too romantic and they need more action and Usagi is so ditzy and childish but they seems to neglect the fact that these are the minor points which makes a strong magical girl, look at Ichigo she is so ditzy,childish and romantic and her attacks are all hearts amd look at Luchia isn't she childish! and ♥Kawaii♥ is right this makes Usagi and all childish and romantic magical girls unique and this personality make them different form other types of anime (Super natural,Fedural era,Sapce anime ect.

Usagi will win all fights exepct form Sakura and Kagome!

Miss Moonlight
06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Well people hate Sailor Moon because the anime is too romantic and they need more action and Usagi is so ditzy and childish but they seems to neglect the fact that these are the minor points which makes a strong magical girl, look at Ichigo she is so ditzy,childish and romantic and her attacks are all hearts amd look at Luchia isn't she childish! and ♥Kawaii♥ is right this makes Usagi and all childish and romantic magical girls unique and this personality make them different form other types of anime (Super natural,Fedural era,Sapce anime ect.

Usagi will win all fights exepct form Sakura and Kagome!

Really? I thought all those reasons were why people liked it.

DarkShadow60
06-24-2006, 02:31 PM
somewhat yes.

_usagi_
06-25-2006, 04:56 AM
Well to some fans these are the things they like in the leaders of magical girls,but some people hate those reasons and you can find many people in AF who hate hate hate those reasons and if you think these are the reasons people liked it its somewhat right because some fans really do,but if you include the people in AF you are totally worng these are the reasons why people hate it.... ! in (anime forum)

Vel
06-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Well people hate Sailor Moon because the anime is too romantic and they need more action and Usagi is so ditzy and childish but they seems to neglect the fact that these are the minor points which makes a strong magical girl, look at Ichigo she is so ditzy,childish and romantic and her attacks are all hearts amd look at Luchia isn't she childish! and ♥Kawaii♥ is right this makes Usagi and all childish and romantic magical girls unique and this personality make them different form other types of anime (Super natural,Fedural era,Sapce anime ect.Hmm.... you are right. Some people hate SM because anime is too girly and very sweet. Usagi is too childish and too...hmm... good? Everything what is bad about her is her crying and acting like a baby, but her heart is really good and cute. Everybody adores her and she makes everybody calm and happy. She is almost perfect. People in real life have troubles with friends and with own personality, sometimes they feel lonely and they don't know how to act, they make mistakes. They see perfect and loved by all Usagi and they feel jealous of her popularity. That why they don't like her, they don't like her cute life, cute boyfriend, cute friends etc. Hmm.... maybe everything what I wrote is a bunch of crap but I feel it that way. I said what I think.

daffy
06-25-2006, 03:08 PM
People don't like it much because they want heavy action people getting killed and stuff. I like sailormoon because it isn't hardcore with the fights, I find it soft and funny. Plus the story is pretty cool. Here is one person who doesn't hate sailor moon (ME)
It's too girly and lovey dovey...And those are just a few reasons why I like Sailormoon. :p :laugh:

Because most of the people here are losers or geeks or both (I call them leeks) and have nothing better to do than sit around and compare animes or bash animes etc etc
That's the real reason:yeahthat:
Well, there is always one or two in every crowd. :unsure:
Unfortantely. :glare: Some folks just love to hear themselves squeak and whine.:duck:
There is such a wide variety of anime at there - I love/like varies anime for different reasons. :smooch:

Miss Moonlight
06-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmm.... you are right. Some people hate SM because anime is too girly and very sweet. Usagi is too childish and too...hmm... good? Everything what is bad about her is her crying and acting like a baby, but her heart is really good and cute. Everybody adores her and she makes everybody calm and happy. She is almost perfect. People in real life have troubles with friends and with own personality, sometimes they feel lonely and they don't know how to act, they make mistakes. They see perfect and loved by all Usagi and they feel jealous of her popularity. That why they don't like her, they don't like her cute life, cute boyfriend, cute friends etc. Hmm.... maybe everything what I wrote is a bunch of crap but I feel it that way. I said what I think.

Usagi is the most imperfect character in the whole show .. I don't think she's perfect, but then again, she doesn't need to be, that's part of her charm.

Alias-Revolution
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Sailor Moon is not really hated. Some people don't like Sailor Moon, and they are entitled to that opinion. The feeling is not mutual in my case.

Sailor Moon is a high quality anime. It was actually the first anime I'd ever seen. Sailor Moon does not fit into most people's "like" list because there is no blood, no real crime, and no hentai. That is unless you look for it. o.O
Sailor Moon is not really "hated", it's just lost it's former popularity.

_usagi_
06-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Ayana what you think is kinda right!,exepct of the jelous part.

InuEvolution
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
First of all there's nothing wrong with sailor moon. She's awesome , I grew up with sailor moon.

But there is NO WAY that sailor moon could EVER beat kagome. It's like impossible , besides like she could go steal inu's sword*grabs sword from inuyasha's grasp* see? Besides...She could use inuyasha as a weapon , and you know that Inuyasha would destroy sailor moon , no doubt about it.

Miss Moonlight
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
it's hard to say when two different anime universes come together. Things might not always work the way you expect them to.

DarkShadow60
06-27-2006, 09:26 PM
yup

sunflower
06-28-2006, 07:45 AM
_usagi_ is totally right i so agree with her.

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I totally agree with

_usagi_.

jasmine786
07-27-2006, 11:30 PM

I really think there is no reason to hate it.It's really a nice anime and bacically I really think it created magical girl transforming anime and then everyone here thinks its weak now look at the others magical girls weapons now tell me how something so pathetic can beat Sailor Moon:-

Now how can Ichigo win from sailor moon with such a weak and stupid heart shaped bell!?

Now if Sakura do uses a lot of cards it will take her time to realese the cards just like ~*Chibi_Sasuke*~ said in that thread so there is a lot of chances for sailor moon to win and she is more expricened and strong she could bat a 10 year old easily!!

Mew Ichigo's weapon:

same as the above.

Now look carefully how they look so alike Tokyo Mew Mew cheated Sailor moon and besides Chibi Usa would beat Ichigo because cheaters are losers!

same as the above

Ichigo's dead!

Sailor Moon vs kagome

so lets have a fair battle Sailor Moon is transformed and kagome is ready with her arrow now DUH!!!! Sailor Moon would kill Kagome and dodge or destroy her arrows.

Guys, isn't it obvious that sailor moon and all the anime have bad sides, i mean they all have some kind of weaknesses. its not just sailor moon .

Well, what i m trying to say is this that i m total fan of sailor moon but i believe that it have some bad weak sides like every single anime. so why argue about it.

the most weak point for inuyasha is that kagome is always so angry and kind of u can say burden for inuyasha, i mean its hard when u have lots of enemies and u have to protect anyone, but i think thats what make their love strong.

as for sakura everyone know that it takes her lots of time in drawing a card. well.....
their is no point in arguing.

if u dont like any anime then dont watch it but dont compete them because everyone have their own opinion and dont forget that i am a big fan of sailormoon...

so dont compete and i m a bit of Dreamy, u can say........
what do u think.................

Quik
07-28-2006, 12:35 AM

Usagi will win all fights exepct form Sakura and Kagome!Um, which version of Sailor Moon are YOU watchiing? Actually, Sailor Moon does NOT have that much romance, believe it or not. I'm guessing you haven't actually seen the anime, because if you had you wouldnt have said that. Sailor Moon does have romace, definitely, but its not heavy. As for needing more action, pfft. It has *a lot* of action, much more action than romance. You are doing nothing but misleading people and making me think that you haven't seen Sailor Moon, and thus, dont know what youre talking about, which really annoys me. If youre going to say something, please make sure you know what youre saying.

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
"I'm not a fan myself, but I don't hate it. As far as the weapons go..." Strokes chin thoughtfully, "She uses a compact to transform and a pen to disguise herself. A pen!" Shrugs and yawns, "It isn't a bad series, but not the best. Though Naoko Takeuchi did mix up Saturn and Pluto's powers."

Quik
07-28-2006, 12:47 AM
"I'm not a fan myself, but I don't hate it. As far as the weapons go..." Strokes chin thoughtfully, "She uses a compact to transform and a pen to disguise herself. A pen!"I hope youre joking.

Shrugs and yawns, "It isn't a bad series, but not the best. Though Naoko Takeuchi did mix up Saturn and Pluto's powers."Why on earth do you think that?

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 01:08 AM
"And if I wasn't joking?" Raises an eyebrow for a moment. "Technically Pluto possessed the power of death and Saturn was time, you can look up the Greek and Roman mythology if you want to see what I mean."

Miss Moonlight
07-28-2006, 01:40 AM
"I'm not a fan myself, but I don't hate it. As far as the weapons go..." Strokes chin thoughtfully, "She uses a compact to transform and a pen to disguise herself. A pen!" Shrugs and yawns, "It isn't a bad series, but not the best. Though Naoko Takeuchi did mix up Saturn and Pluto's powers."Naoko takeuchi is a wonderfully talented artist, her series is the most popular anime/manga/live action series known.

Naoko takeuchi didn't 'mix up' saturn and pluto's powers .. she just decided to give them powers that she wanted to give them. Planet mercury is the closest to the sun, but naoko gave sailor mercury powers of ice and water. Is that a mix up too? no.

And what's wrong with using magical items? this is a magical girl series, obviously they will use magical items. And, it's NOT just a 'pen', it's a magical hensou pen. ^^

Quik
07-28-2006, 01:45 AM
"And if I wasn't joking?" Raises an eyebrow for a moment. Then you would be wrong.

I was hoping that you were joking so that I wouldnt think you really were a complete idiot. I think that you were joking, I'd just like you to confirm it.

the_last_icarian
07-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Well I have nothing against it but if you ask me, it is kind of cliche.

Quik
07-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Well I have nothing against it but if you ask me, it is kind of cliche.Please explain why you think that. Its annoying when someone throws an opinion out without bothering to reason. Without reason its just a floating useless opinion. Especially in a thread like this.

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 02:23 AM
Holds hands up, "Who kiddies, no need to jump down my throat because I'm not a rabid fan, okay? Quik, explain what you mean by how I would be wrong. Plus it's not nice to call people idiots, especially if it's because you don't agree with them." Shrugs and continues, "When I mention saturn and Pluto I'm referring to an interview where she was asked about it. If you go through the greek or Roman mythology you'll see she used the powers or alignments but mixed Pluto's and Saturn's. Technically Pluto would be death and Saturn Time. I'll say this again, just so you don't start flaming me: I don't hate SM."

Quik
07-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Holds hands up, "Who kiddies, no need to jump down my throat because I'm not a rabid fan, okay? Quik, explain what you mean by how I would be wrong. Plus it's not nice to call people idiots, especially if it's because you don't agree with them." Shrugs and continues, "When I mention saturn and Pluto I'm referring to an interview where she was asked about it. If you go through the greek or Roman mythology you'll see she used the powers or alignments but mixed Pluto's and Saturn's. Technically Pluto would be death and Saturn Time. I'll say this again, just so you don't start flaming me: I don't hate SM."No one is jumping down your throat for not being a rabid fan.

You would be wrong because Sailor Moon uses/has much more than just a transformation compact and a pen to disguise herself.

I never called you an idiot. What I said was, I wouldn't want to *think* of you as an idiot, not because I dont agree with you, but because you posted false info of Sailor Moon. Either that or you were only joking. Like I said, Sailor Moon uses/has much more than just a transformation compact and a pen to disguise herself.

Yes, I know about the interview and the Greek/Roman mythology issue. I dropped that convo because I knew what you were talking about.

No one would flame you for not liking Sailor Moon. Everyone has a right to what they like and dont like.

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 02:41 AM
"I was under the impression, correct me if I'm wrong, her pen was used for disguise while her various compacts, etc were for transformation?"

Quik
07-28-2006, 02:45 AM
"I was under the impression, correct me if I'm wrong, her pen was used for disguise while her various compacts, etc were for transformation?"Yes.

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 02:58 AM
"If that's the case, why was I wrong?"

Quik
07-28-2006, 03:23 AM
"If that's the case, why was I wrong?"
"I'm not a fan myself, but I don't hate it. As far as the weapons go..." Strokes chin thoughtfully, "She uses a compact to transform and a pen to disguise herself. A pen!"
You would be wrong because Sailor Moon uses/has much more than just a transformation compact and a pen to disguise herself.You stroked your chin thoughtfully, thinking of her weapons, then came up her her compacts and her pen. You basically said that her compacts and her pen were her only "weapons" (you were wrong in that aspect). Not only are the two items in question NOT weapons (you are also wrong in that aspect), but she has more than that, especially as far as actual weapons go.

See?

BlackZephyrus
07-28-2006, 05:01 AM
"Good grief, that's getting rather nit picky, isn't it?" Seatdrops, "I was reffering to other items, and the 'strokes chin thoughtfully' was a separation between the weapons and items. Regardless it was a poor way to address the miscommunication. I declare this discussion dead."

Suichiro Taguchi
07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
i dont hate.. just i dont like it ^^;; thats all -smiles-

;Despair;
07-28-2006, 08:45 AM
I just down right hate that gay cartoon.If you want a good cartoon.Naruto,Best there is on the T.V Right now so dont get all upset because sailor moon sucks.

Miss Moonlight
07-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I just down right hate that gay cartoon.If you want a good cartoon.Naruto,Best there is on the T.V Right now so dont get all upset because sailor moon sucks.
No it doesn't, probabaly only to most guys who don't like girly cartoons made for girls, which is fine. There are alot of anime I don't care for either, but i'm not posting in those topics saying it sucks.

Nuka Dragonedge
07-29-2006, 09:31 PM
if i didnt agree i wouldnt be Goyjo
Because they're so prudish! I hate them..... Especially Usagi!

-Goyjo

Miss Moonlight
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
well, they ARE young school girls. Are they supposed to be prostitutes?

Quik
07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I just down right hate that gay cartoon.If you want a good cartoon.Naruto,Best there is on the T.V Right now so dont get all upset because sailor moon sucks."Sailor Moon is a gay cartoon and it sucks!", says the Naruto fanboy who believes Naruto is the best anime on TV right now.

I think that speaks for itself. XD

Sailor Chibimoon
08-03-2006, 10:41 PM

Mew Ichigo's weapon:

same as the above.

same as the above

Ichigo's dead!

Sailor Moon vs kagome

Reps for you! ^.~ To everyone else on this thread: it seems people seem to forget that Sailormoon is what made the magical girl fad what it is today. And for the people who always blatently state on these vs threads that Sailormoon sucks and give no reason for there opinions, are ignorant individuals. Simply stating "Sailor Moon sucks" and giving no reason for it is immature and very childish. I also consider it to be flooding. If you have to say something sucks, at least tell us WHY you think it sucks, otherwise don't bother posting.

Not~A-Sasuke~Fangirl
08-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Well..SM is not my fave but I don't hate it too because it started the magical girl craze and besides people might hate it over here but it always will be one of the best animes and none could change that fact! Its not on the top list now because people prefer action and sailor moon kinda have soft fights and too much lovey dovey! well I don't tink CCS jave that much action too and still people over AF like it! Sailor Moon never sucked it is a fine anime but it is not the best anime just a fine anime! ^_~

Kakashi Sharingan eye
08-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Every hates salior moon because people want to see action and blood and stuff like that.

Quik
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Every hates salior moon because people want to see action and blood and stuff like that.Everyone hates Sailor Moon? Woah, that is an extreme overstatement. Slow down there buddy, there is a huge number of Sailormoon fans even today. Who told you that everyone hates Sailormoon?
So people want action and blood... or do YOU want action and blood? Most anime fans today know that blood+action alone do not make a good anime, and have enough of a brain to see through it. No, Sailormoon doesnt have blood, but it does have plenty of action. See here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?p=1377931#post1377931). Most of the time the action is "hardcore", but occasionally it is.

Hayley-rox-ur-sox
08-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Like dude, i dnt Sailor Moon sux!!

I love it, i watched it wen i was diddy!!! i still watch it, but over youtube.com :(

Princess Hoshi
08-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Sailor Moon was one if my first animes. Why should I hate it? I always wanted to get into it. So she's not the best fighter in the entire world. She uses a brooch to make herself a fighter and uses a wand or scepter to fight. So it doesn't have alot blood or alot of swearing. Naoko Takeuchi wanted it that way. She put it the way she wanted to be. Its not like her husbands (Yoshihiro Togashi) anime Yu Yu Hakusho, which it does have alot of swearing and blood, for the most part. Its what the creator wanted and thats what was in her imgination.

tears of sorrow
08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
too girly, n salior moon is a baby, n cries too much, n always has to be saved

Dark_Chii
08-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't hate it it is like one of my fave magical girl it is sweet and well just girly (it is made for girls) with not much violance! ^^

TheOathkeeper25
08-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Hmm..You should do some more researching. Tsk, tsk. Sakura could use many weapons, not just one. Kagome has very good aim, so before Sailor Moon can attack, she fires an arrow and BAM! She's toast. Now, for Ichigo, you make it sound like Ichigo hits people with that bell thing. WRONG! She's like Sailor Moon. She combines magical powers with her weapon, like Sailor Moon. So..I guess it's kind of a draw.

And that's your lesson for today. o.~yea and kagome would definently kick her butt.But still youre right it is a draw.

Daenerys
08-11-2006, 02:12 AM
I don't really think the whole anime is hated, I think that there's usually a deviding line on what kinds of animes people like. Some people like types like Sailor Moon, with the past and the future, and some people like crap.

xxchocobebiixx
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
their voices in english r pwetty weird O.o and y r they sailors?????

sokii
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
ppl dont u think that mew mew power is similar to sm?

Quik
08-12-2006, 05:07 PM
ppl dont u think that mew mew power is similar to sm?Yes, its extremely similar to Sailor Moon in various ways. Most especially at the end of the series.

~kawaii~cherry~
08-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Sailor Moon is NOT a gay cartoon..its isn't even a cartoon actually. Its an anime and manga. I don't think there's anything wrong with it..I used to be obsessed with it! (and still am a little) Sailor Moon was like the 'beginning' of magical girl anime...I mean I think evey single person in my class know what it is. It probably IS similar to alot of magical girl anime/mangas...but SM did come first after all.

Point is, it can be seriously cheesy sometimes, and totally predictable, but its still a great anime/manga!

Misha1688
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I think every anime is diferent in it's one way, just like people. I personaly like Sailor Moon very much, it was my first anime. I like to be always smiling and happy, and SM was like my dream come thru, full of mistery, romance and magic. It was my escape from this world where not everything is like u want it to be. But everyone has his/hers own opinion. I like others anime too, but my favorite remains SM.

Guardian of light
08-15-2006, 10:05 AM
i find it way to childish to watch i mean it feels like im watching barney for gods sake.! not that barney isnt a good show *backs aways slowly from all the people staring angrily at her for bashing barney*

Rowloman
08-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Android 18 could beat any girl in anime.

Athena
08-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't really think the whole anime is hated, I think that there's usually a deviding line on what kinds of animes people like. Some people like types like Sailor Moon, with the past and the future, and some people like crap.
I agree.

Knuffle Bunny
08-15-2006, 02:16 PM
You say that usagi can easily didge kagome's arrows and kill her. Have you ever thought of kaome dodging usagi hearts??? And sakura, while sailormoon takes an hour transforming, she would probably be dead in the hands of sakura already.

Tetsanosuke
08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't hate it personally, but I wish I could find the original unedited version of Sailor Moon. From my knowledge, their was a lot of things in that anime that were, let's say, "unsuitible' for American children. Did you know that originally Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupitor were a couple? That's the kind of stuff they cut out.

CaptainByakugan
08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
mm i would think it's more of a kids show,

Elvia
08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
well i don´t hate it but i don´t love it either. feels to old. it´s not my style. i do like the magic thing but not the story. but i don´t watch it.

BloodSpill
08-16-2006, 08:46 AM
you really have to ask...? O_o;; It's more than obvious...simply...it SUCKS!! >.<

NotYourPrincess
08-16-2006, 03:20 PM
I love Sailor Moon, and yeah, alot of people around here aren't gonna like it unless they read the manga.

The anime was mainly focused on a younger audience here in America.

The manga is way better, you should give it a read.

CaptainByakugan
08-16-2006, 03:50 PM
i dont think it's hated, i jsut think it's more for little kids it's more of a cartoon then an anime in my point of view

CaptainByakugan
08-16-2006, 03:50 PM
you really have to ask...? O_o;; It's more than obvious...simply...it SUCKS!! >.<ahahahahaha

cereshe22
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
im a fan of sailormoon! pls dont say that

Nuka Dragonedge
08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Sailor Moon is NOT a gay cartoon..its isn't even a cartoon actually. Its an anime and manga. I don't think there's anything wrong with it..I used to be obsessed with it! (and still am a little) Sailor Moon was like the 'beginning' of magical girl anime...I mean I think evey single person in my class know what it is. It probably IS similar to alot of magical girl anime/mangas...but SM did come first after all.

Point is, it can be seriously cheesy sometimes, and totally predictable, but its still a great anime/manga!
i couldnt DISAGREE with you more it is so a gay anime and its completely childish! if you want to ban me for life with that one post ok but its my personaly opinian and i live in amarica so its a right to say what i just sed.
but yes it was like the beginning of magical girl anime...but i still hate it ad nothign you say will change that for me!

DarkMoonPrince
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
For me sailor moon is a pretty good show, I mean, yes i know some of the fights are childish, But when it comes to fighting the serious people it does get better, In the past, Sailor Moon was one of the best anime shows ever and even though they don't show it anymore, it's still one of the hottest hits in anime.

Miss Moonlight
08-17-2006, 05:20 PM
i couldnt DISAGREE with you more it is so a gay anime and its completely childish! if you want to ban me for life with that one post ok but its my personaly opinian and i live in amarica so its a right to say what i just sed.
but yes it was like the beginning of magical girl anime...but i still hate it ad nothign you say will change that for me!

What's even more 'childish' is people like you calling cartoons 'gay'. Go back to watching pokemon.

Sagat
08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah because calling an anime "gay" which somehow is synnonymous with "bad" is the very HEIGHT of maturity. Look in a mirror before you call something else childish.

Atara Inferno
08-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't really hate Sailormoon I just love it even if they don't show it here no more. :( And I don't care about the childish fights but they still the hawtest hits in anime ever!:)

Nuka Dragonedge
08-18-2006, 04:22 PM
What's even more 'childish' is people like you calling cartoons 'gay'. Go back to watching pokemon. take your own advise! i have rights! i can say somethings "gay" if i want! your the one who needs to go watch pokemon if you have a need to insult someone from just saying there true thoughts!

Tetsanosuke
08-18-2006, 05:23 PM
"Gay" is such an overly used word....

Anyway, I hate it when anime is turned childish in america, but nevertheless I enjoy watching Sailor Moon and wish they'ed put it back on the air.

( I also heard their was a spin-off where their where boys who'd change into sailor scouts.... I only HEARD this, and I currently don't believe it so.

Quik
08-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Did you know that originally Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupitor were a couple? That's the kind of stuff they cut out.What are you talking about? Mercury and Jupiter were never a couple. You must be talking about Uranus and Neptune, who are a lesbian couple.

take your own advise! i have rights! i can say somethings "gay" if i want! your the one who needs to go watch pokemon if you have a need to insult someone from just saying there true thoughts!She was only saying that its ironic that youre calling something childish by using words such as "gay", and I'll put in, you also have some seriously bad grammer. Hows that for childish...

~kawaii~cherry~
08-19-2006, 07:33 PM
You say that usagi can easily didge kagome's arrows and kill her. Have you ever thought of kaome dodging usagi hearts??? And sakura, while sailormoon takes an hour transforming, she would probably be dead in the hands of sakura already.
Well I suppose its how you look at it. Firstly, there's only actually 2 attacks where Usagi 'shoots hearts', and the transformations never take more than a few minutes. I doubt you watched Sailor Moon transform for an hour like you suggested. And while she might be 'dead in the hands of Sakura' as you put it, neither of the Sakuras in any anime would actually want to 'kill' Usagi as she isn't the evil guy trying to destroy the world.

And lastly, have you ever thought about the fact that you can't really compare different anime character's attacks. You wouldn't know how strong Sailor Moon will be against the demons that Kagome face, or how strong Sakura will be against the enemies Sailor Moon face.

I respect your opinion and everything, but I just wanted to clear those things up.

Quik
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
and the transformations never take more than a few minutes..A few minutes??? Jesus Christ. Try less than one second. Even the henshin sequences arnt "a few minutes" long. The senshi's henshin sequence is about 23 seconds long, Sailor Moon's sequence is about 34 seconds long, and for the outers its 19 seconds. But thats only the sequence, the actual henshin is instant.

On a side note, its incredibly annoying to me when people say "So-and-so would kill Sailor Moon because its takes forever for her to transform and attack!" If that was the case, then all of the senshi would of been dead in the first season, for one.

Rin!
08-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I have no idea. Maybe its just because its less appeeling to people... besides that I have no idea. I like it and its quite good.

Quik
08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
i dont think it's hated, i jsut think it's more for little kids it's more of a cartoon then an anime in my point of viewJust curious, which season and episodes were you watching?

~kawaii~cherry~
08-19-2006, 08:53 PM
A few minutes??? Jesus Christ. Try less than one second. Even the henshin sequences arnt "a few minutes" long. The senshi's henshin sequence is about 23 seconds long, Sailor Moon's sequence is about 34 seconds long, and for the outers its 19 seconds. But thats only the sequence, the actual henshin is instant.
Ok, ok. Your right, I suppose I was exaggerating (but less exaggerated than '1 hour') and yeah I suck at estimating anything. But man did you actually count the seconds while you watched it? o.o;

Serenith Youkai
08-20-2006, 01:53 AM
I think the reason why alot of people hate Sailor Moon, is that they see so many ‘better’ animes. Sailor Moon is VERY old and alot of people (From what I know) began seeing it when they were younger, so they consider it old time anime. Not something we as older people can watch. Me I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it. I have to admit though once and awhile I have to pull out my old VHS tapes and watch the old episodes of it on impulse @_@ lolz.

Quik
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Ok, ok. Your right, I suppose I was exaggerating (but less exaggerated than '1 hour') and yeah I suck at estimating anything. But man did you actually count the seconds while you watched it? o.o;Lol. I put in a Sailor Moon movie dvd and timed them using the "display" command.

Quik
08-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I think the reason why alot of people hate Sailor Moon, is that they see so many ‘better’ animes.Its opinon and personal taste related as to what people consider better, and tell me why you think "a lot of people" hate Sailor Moon just because they think there is something better? Last time I checked, having better things out there doesnt mean you must hate what is lower. If thats not what you meant, then please help me understand.

Sailor Moon is VERY oldOnly 14 yrs..., and what does the age of an anime have to do with anything? In Sailor Moon's case, its old, but that doesnt change the fact that its great. If this is about art and animation, then I'm here to tell you, the overall animation in Sailor Moon is good, especially in S, SuperS, Stars, and the movies.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/764/qmetalxs8.th.png (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=qmetalxs8.png)http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9374/jupiterwt6.th.png (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jupiterwt6.png)http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1944/starsgh7.th.jpg (http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starsgh7.jpg)http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8416/tuxedokaman2mi1.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tuxedokaman2mi1.jpg)

Here are screenshots from the first season, third season (S), last season (Stars), and the SuperS movie.

so they consider it old time anime. Not something we as older people can watch.Once again, please tell me why is it that you think an older anime is like an oxymoron to "older people"? If anything, I think "older people" are wise enough to know that, in this case, the age of an anime doesnt determine its value.

♥Pop_Princess♥
08-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Sailor Moon.....Hated....*watery eyes*,no I love it it is so girly sweet and I love the hearts and the transformation sequence but I like Tokyo Mew Mew more but sailor moon should not be hated because it started magical girl craze!!! ;_;

Sagat
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Did you know that originally Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupitor were a couple? That's the kind of stuff they cut out.Sailor Neptune and Uranus are the couple, not Ami and Makoto. Get your facts straight before speaking.

Miss Moonlight
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
take your own advise! i have rights! i can say somethings "gay" if i want! your the one who needs to go watch pokemon if you have a need to insult someone from just saying there true thoughts!LOL!

except that, this is anime forum.com, not people's court. Complain about your right to be an idiot there, not here.

If you're going to say your 'TRUE THOUGHTS' on a forum, be ready for people to disagree with you.

Miss Moonlight
08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I also heard their was a spin-off where their where boys who'd change into sailor scouts.... I only HEARD this, and I currently don't believe it so.
It's not a spin off. The season you're talking about is 'sailormoon sailorstars', the 5th and very last season of sailormoon. However, it was never brought to america, some people don't know about it.

The 'boys' are the sailorstars, and they are not men, but actually women who took the likenesses of men to find their princess on earth. As said by naoko in a interview, all senshi are women.

Miss Moonlight
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
their voices in english r pwetty weird O.o and y r they sailors?????
Why are they sailors? well, there's a backstory to that. Naoko's director suggested that they should be warriors in sailor suits, since the sailor suit is usually a common uniform for school girls in japan. So yea, that's why.

Miss Moonlight
08-22-2006, 03:40 PM

Yes, but anime is short for the english word animation, which is obviously a cartoon. So yes, sailormoon is a cartoon. manga simply means comic book.

But yes, it is a great and classic series. =)

Quik
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
except that, this is anime forum.com, not people's court. Complain about your right to be an idiot there, not here.Ouch. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Often Abused
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Not alot of people hate sailor moon...I thought that was a good show when i was little and used to watch it.

Fabala
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Due to some very childish bickering, this thread is now closed. This was meant to be a discussion about dislike for Sailor Moon, not a flame fest on each other's opinions. Thank you.