PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: Through It All

Bucky Katt
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Chapter One:

“Dearie, it’s raining outside! Do you really wish to take a stroll now?”

Lady Anna Wising tossed her hair laughingly at her mother. “It’s only rain, I’ll be alright. Besides, I need to escape from the mansion’s stuffiness.”

Despite the warmth in the air, Anna’s mother, Catherine, shivered. As much as Catherine loved her daughter, she thought the girl a little too freedom loving. Wherever she went, she had to be outside in the open. ‘It’s her father’s blood, alright,’ Catherine thought. She then addressed her daughter sternly: “Alright, Anna, you may go outside BUT you must, at least, wear your cloak and bring an umbrella: I do not want you catching a cold.”

Anna was practically out the door before her mother finished, and in her glee she forgot to take the umbrella that her mother commanded her to bring along. She realized this at once when she stepped out of the mansion’s main entrance, but she didn’t want to waste her time going back in to get it. So, she pulled at her cloak’s hood and started the stroll.

The Valeran sun was completely blocked by clouds, giving the landscape a dreary look, both sore and saddening to the eyes. Flowers, though once glad to receive rain, and were now drowning in little puddles and bugs retreated to the sanctuary of the trees’ insides. Anna smiled ruefully as she looked out to her surroundings, wishing desperately for the rain to stop falling, and the flowers would open up to show their radiance to passerby. She sighed a moment later, knowing that her wishes were in vain.

As peaceful as the walk was, Anna was restless. She had moved from mansion to mansion with her mother, who had been searching out Anna’s father ever since he left for the civil war that was now long over. Everywhere they went in search of him was in vain, and soon, Catherine lost hope. She finally took her daughter to the land of Valer, where they would stay until the end of their days.

“I suppose Mother was right; I could catch a cold from this rain,” Anna said to herself, worrying about the trouble she would cause if she caught one. During her wondering, she walked right onto a path that was wrong of her to choose: the path to Losota village; a place where fog, bandits, and kidnappers reigned supreme.

Anna was a good way down the path when she finally realized she didn’t recognize the environment she had walked into. Everything, from a little pebble to a giant willow tree, was gray; as gray as an early morning at sea. She shivered at the sight of the gallows that loomed out from the fog, and it was as plain as the nose on your face that the sheriff had no intention to remove the carcasses that hung there now.

Further ahead stood a pub, and a rather noisy one at that. Two panes had been smashed clean out of the windows in the front, and garbage that held so many diseases in one bitty morsel cluttered the sides. The stench of dead things wafted from one end of the pub, while perfume practically covered the ladies’ end of the pub. Anna’s nose at once writhed at the smell, so she quickened her pace. ‘I do hope they stay in there long enough for me to get home…!’ she thought.

Suddenly, all went dark for Anna.

(I'm open to corrections for mistakes, so please, do not hesitate to let me know. Chapter Two is coming soon.)

Daenerys
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't particullarly have any complaints, other than the second chapter hasn't been posted yet. ;D

Bucky Katt
07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I was waiting for other people to post if they liked it or not. I don't wanna start a thread that no one will look at. It's like dead weight, or some other fancy word, to the fan fiction forum.

Amaruk
07-08-2006, 02:53 PM
This is awesome!! U sould keep going!!! I can't wait for the second chapter!!

Saisashi~Arashi
07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Great story. I love it. Very good word use and the like. Can't wait till the next chapter. <3

Until We Meet Again,
Saisashi

Bucky Katt
07-08-2006, 03:40 PM
You're all too kind. :D Chapter two is on the way, I promise!

kawaii_develish_twins
07-08-2006, 04:08 PM
wow you should write a book(unlless you already did)anyway its a hell of a lot better than i could ever do:D

Daenerys
07-08-2006, 04:21 PM
;D I love how you say you didn't want it to be dead weight, and then a million people reply.. :D (Well a lot for a fanfiction that isn't naruto...)

Bucky Katt
07-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Yep, that's irony for you! Again, I'm so grateful that people are replying!