PDA

View Full Version : [TV series] Vision of Escaflowne

Maya Miyazono
05-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Title: Tenkuu no Escaflowne
Type: TV episodes, 1 movie
episodes: 26
Genre: Drama, Action, Fantasy, Mecha, Romace

Plot synopsis: A normal High school student named Hitomi Kanzaki is transported from Earth to this magical world of Gaea, where she meets boy prince Van Fanel, and allies with them on there quest to unite the countries of Gaea against the ominous Zaibach empire. On the road she discovers an hidden ability within her and strives to unravel layers of mystery surrounding the mystical world of Gaea.

Story (9/10) A young human who is trasported to a different world meeting new faces as well ends up heading to many new challanges. Some as myself would compare it with the foot steps of a unique fairy tale.
Characters (10/10) Hitomi is one of greatest example's of a cute school girl I've seen in a while. Not striving to be powerful or stare in the mirror all day, most characters seems to act with human emotions having there own development and interactions with one another brings a very realistic touch.
Art/animation (9/10) With it's own older style of Art Animation it brings you a general classic character drawing and yet It has many beautiful sences within ever episode you'll see.
Voice acting, music (8/10) Ending and opening theme songs create part of the beauty of this show. I believe the japanese voice directors have chosen the perfect seiyuu's for every character. My sayings somewhat differs from the english but it matches it's marking as well.
Overall (10/10) Unlike your every fairy tale before nightime Escaflowne is able to take you through it's world of Gaea without a book and within a true fantasy.

Animegalleries.net image gallery here (http://www.animegalleries.net/category/57)

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Story (9/10) It is a good fantasy and mecha anime =] It's story is quite unique.

Characters (9/10) I like how the characters really affect me. I love Merle because she is so lively, and Hitomi, for making me become angry at her sometimes hahah I love the 2 cat twins that Lord Fanel.

Art/animation (9/10) It is a unique art~! It's animation is fairly good for it's time ^^

Voice acting, music (7/10) From what I have heard of the Japanese version, the voices match well. But the english, which was the one I followed, did not sound as great. I suppose they match a little well, but for some reason the voice acting irritated me. Probably because they were not realistic enough and did not blend very well. Especially the white haired bad guy </3 His voice was quite annoying. Merle'e voice matches well though ^^ The music however, is fantastic ^^

Overall (9/10) Escaflowne is a good mix of genres; romance, action, mecha, fantasy. =] It was blended together very well. =]

Matty
01-14-2012, 05:10 AM
Story (8-10) It was great, especially for its time of release. Very unique as well; I don`t think I`ve seen a concept similar to this one yet.

Characters (9-10) Ah, Vaghn. One of my favourite bad boy softy`s; not to mention Falgus, I really wish his part was longer but an amazing charcter none the less. But Vaghn`s brother took the prize for number one for me. A lot of emotional ties to them during the series; amazing job of captivating the audiance.

Animation (8-10) Beautiful; before the time of upgraded CG animation... and I prefer it that way. All the scenes were amazingly detailed.

Voice Acting (7-10) I agreed with you Karami... the voice acting wasn`t as good as what it could`ve been, especially since other animes out at that time synched up way better than what they produced for this one... and there was a lack of emotion in some scenes as well; where the characters seemed to talk normally when they were supposed to be mad, annoyed, or sad; hard to follow the characters emotions at some points.

Music (10-10) The soundtrack to the series was PERFECT! I still carry around a couple of the songs on my psp. The orcastra type music suited the series perfectly; and I would not change a thing about it.

Overall (8-10) Not my favourtie anime, but deffinately in my top 10 somewhere. There was room for improvement, but what anime doesn`t come with that. The romance along with the action mix makes this a good watch for anyone; not to mention a classic.