PDA

View Full Version : [Tv Series] Suzuka

Sobzob
05-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Type: Tv Series, 26 episodes
Genre: School life, Ecchi, Romance.

Plot Synopsis: Akitsuki is a transfering to another school in his old town, his first new day there he meets this wonderful girl called Asahina Suzuka. He is doing a lot to impress her but he always fail, she don't want to show anything. During this time an girl called Honoka had always had always watched Akitsuki ever since he for the first time visited the temple she lived at. Akitsuki don't want to give up on Suzuka and did not acknowledge Honoka enough, he joined the same sport team as Suzuka to try impress her and during a travel to another town something new happens...

Story (8/10)
Typical love story, still a really great one. Things unexpected sure do happen.

Characters (10/10)
Lovely characters, you fall inlove with some of them in the first sight and they are sometimes really humorous.

Art/animation (8.3/10)
The art or animation on the second hand isn't as great, they sure could've spended a bit more time on it but still they've gotten it really great at special scenes.

Voice acting, music (9/10)
Wasn't either the best voice acting, all thought I am giving it a 9. Sometimes the actors didn't exactley live into the acting but all out they did a great job.

Overall (10/10)
In overall I still give this 10 because all together it's really great, enjoyable some scenes are really amazing and others make you pissed off because something you don't want to happen, happens. But the characters, the things that happens really make this a great romance anime. Containing some ecchi for the perverts.

Prince Sapphire
05-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Story (7/10)
I can't say that there was anything unique or special to the actual story in Suzuka. Now, that isn't necessarily a bad thing though of course; sometimes an anime can do something un-origional but do it so well that it still captures your imagination.

Unfortunetely, Suzuka is that kind of anime for a only a few minutes. It felt refreshing that instead of bumping into each other on the way to school, the main characters (Akitsuki and Suzuka) meet by different circumstances than usual, but it doesn't take long before the series starts spiraling down the path of predictable plots and twists.

Characters (5/10)
I can't help but always feel that the side characters always felt a somewhat under-developed and a few of them were just one dimensional. (particularly the drunken college girls) Despite this though, I still kind of began to like a few of them.

But the real problem, and hence the low score, are Akitsuki and Suzuka. I can not even began to count how many times I felt like bonking my head against a rock when I watched these two interact.

Alright, to be fair, Suzuka wasn't too painful too watch. She was understandably frustrating with Akitsuki's idiocy and stupid random phrases, and so was I.

But believe me when I say that Akitsuki probably couldn't win a game of chess even if he played against himself. It seems like every time he melts the ice between himself and Suzuka and they can be friends again, he does or says something so random and stupid that it sends the relationship back to square one. It was kind of cute and funny the first few times, but it got really old at around episode 8, which is a problem because there are 22 episodes and nothing changes in that time frame.

Art/animation (7.5/10)
The artwork can be described in just a few words: not bad, but certainly not the best. The animation is also pretty much on par with the artwork.

I'm not exactly complaining though. Akitsuki doesn't deserve any better.

Voice acting, music (7.0/10)
Voice acting isn't usually something I pay attention to unless it's either completely awful or amazingly good. In Suzuka's case, it was somewhere in between, and while I didn't jump out of my seat with joy, I didn't turn the volume down either.

As for the music, I thought that the intro theme was kind catchy nicely done, but not to the point that you'd see me running out to get the soundtrack CD.

Overall (6.0/10)
A below average romance/drama anime. I actually kind of like the romance genre of anime, so I was really hoping to be able to like Suzuka upon first watching it. Unfortunetely, that was far from the case as I was practically pulling my hair out in frustration near the end of the show.

Why I even watched it as far as I did, I don't know...

b.otaku
09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Type: TV Series, 26 Episodes
Genre: School Life, Sports, Romance

Story (9/10):
It's a typical love story. The plot is not that original, same old admiration stuff. But luckily throughout this anime, the story starts to develop because of the characters feelings for each other. The story also gives many twists and turns and makes you anxious to watch more at some episodes. If you get tired of the romance, there's still some track and field rivalries but cmon, do you really wanna pay attention to that stuff? Romance, #1.

Characters (9/10):
The characters are pretty decent. They all have different personalities and look at things in their own point of view. Sometimes they seem dull though but that's ok, these characters of course are the main reason why the story develops. Sometimes, you just can't help but love them.

Art/Animation (8/10):
The artwork was ok. The artists seemed like they rushed through drawing the anime and not taking their time. That's why in some episodes, you can notice some things doesn't seem right. But in some serious parts, you can see that they wanted to make the scene perfect with the artwork.

Voice Acting/Music (8/10):
Umm....it's ok. I feel that they could've found better voice actors for some of the characters but I'm not complaining. I didn't really notice some music in some scenes till I rewatched it. The OP and ED are decent, catchy but not something I would put in my IPod.

Overall (9.5/10):
This is one of the first animes I watched and I can honestly say that it was one of the ones that I couldn't stop thinking about. The characters and the animation might not be "wow" material but the twist and turns can sometimes make your jaw drop. In my opinion, it is an excellent romance anime.