PDA

View Full Version : Anime Forum Survivor v1.2

Daenerys
04-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Alrighty, I know I said I'd have this a week ago, but there are a lot of personal things I'm dealing with right now, and it's just taking up too much of my time.

So, some of you may know that I'm going in for surgury this friday, and I'm going to be off the forums while I recuperate and etc, so that gave me an idea to make a simple challenge for you guys.

Each team will create One get well card.

The card should be wallpaper size.

Pretty much use your imagination. Try to use things I'd like.

At the end of the challenge I'll have it up to a vote which wallpaper card wins.

The one that is my personal favorite, I'll give 10k to each member of that team.

K. Ask questions, I know there's gonna be many.

MistressPookyChan
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Does it have to be anime related? Do all the people of the team have to contribute to the image or are just the ideas ok? what do you consider wallpaper size (1024x768? or bigger?)

Ωmega
04-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Whens the deadline? Also, when you said it would be put up to vote, did you mean that AF memebers will be voting on it?

Vendetta
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Can we ask you semi-personal questions, such as your favorite color? fave anime? ect.

Dark Lord
04-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I feel for ya. Im going to have surgery on my neck in a pretty soon. I hate being in the hospital. (Sorry if I stole your thunder on that one.)

Princely Dreaming Doll
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Uh good luck on your surgery.

The Wing Man
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, This is kinda interesting.

Lilium Filix
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh, interesting. ^^ How long are we going to have to do this?
Good luck to the other team, Go Light Penguins! ^^
Yah, go Dark Penguins Ph33r!

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

Faceless111
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
10k? I'm in. But besides the point, I hope things roll over well with the surgery.

Daenerys
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Can I ask that non members of the anime forum survivor game, DO NOT reply to this thread, I don't want it to get as spammy as last time.

The deadline will probally be sunday - monday after the 28th.

It can be anime related.

Pooky - yes that's a perfect wallpaper size.

And yes, anime forum members will be voting on it.

You can ask me personal questions, I think a lot of them were answered in the "ask ai" thing in fanfiction.

But my favorite color is neon pink, aquamarine and purple. (The colors in my sig lol) My favorite anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion. My favorite character is Asuka.

I think that answered all the questions?

MistressPookyChan
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
What is your favorite art style?

Daenerys
04-27-2006, 01:52 AM
I don't know exactly what an art style is.

The Wing Man
04-27-2006, 03:25 AM
Do we pm this to you?Cuz I kinda made one and I did not know what to do.

Daenerys
04-27-2006, 05:06 AM
Well that's something you should discuss with your team mates.

The Wing Man
04-27-2006, 06:31 PM
That's a problem, I can't get ahold of like 1 of them because we are so split up right now.

MistressPookyChan
04-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Keep PMing your team. They will come around.

Ai, as for art style, things like: grunge, tech, minimalistic, etc. Although we've already started rolling with our own ideas, I still thought it would be polite to ask you what you like. ;)

Daenerys
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think I have a preference. I just like things that are pretty. Typical feeeemale.

MistressPookyChan
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Is it ok if I send the Dark Penguin's wallpaper in on monday? I'll be away this weekend.

Vendetta
04-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Pooky, maybe you can send it to me, or someone else on our team.

MistressPookyChan
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
I will be working on it this weekend and I hope to send it in sunday evening japan time/sunday morning US time but I'm making sure just in case. Think of it as a backup plan. :)

Also, by pushing it to monday, maybe the light penguins team can get together and work on theirs during the weekend. Many people don't/can't sign on until the weekend.

MistressPookyChan
04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Dark Penguins update!!

We're making the final cretiques of the wall/card now!! Everyone has been pitching in an adding suggestions and advice on things to add and change. Although it is part of the survivor game, it really does come from the heart. Get well, Ai!! :grouphug:

Daenerys
04-28-2006, 08:43 PM
The deadline can be on wednesday. There were slight complications with getting the surgury today, and they perfered to do it on tuesday.

MistressPookyChan
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
wasn't sure where you wanted it, so the wallpaper is being sent to Ai directly.

Daenerys
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it goes to me in PM.

I got the PM, but I'm not going to open it until I get the other teams entry.

MistressPookyChan
04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
you can open it if you want. I didn't attach a file or a thumbnail because it wasn't working for me; it's linked to a thread and attachment on the forums.

Daenerys
04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh, so other people can see it if they look for it?

MistressPookyChan
04-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, so other people can see it if they look for it?

nah, was just having net problems and couldn't get imageshack to work for me. If you'd rather not have it on the public forum, I can take it down.

Daenerys
04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I kind of want to do the voting anonymou.. an.. annoymously? WEAKSAUCE.

But yeah, thanks for re-sending it. <33 Sorry I didn't specify that, I've been kind of loopy lately.

Darrmyth
05-01-2006, 04:30 AM
It is with my deepest regret to ask for my part is this game to be no longer existance, i have no time to play this game anymore and i wish to leave it forever, sadly i would like to continue playinf but i do not have the time to play, the time i have is going to be spent doing other important things like returning to school and training for my army fitness exam. i would like to thank Ai and everyone that has competed in this amazing competion ^^. i have not discussed this with my team mates and i have no intention in dicussing it with them, this discion is my own. Your's Faithfully Aether

MistressPookyChan
05-01-2006, 07:50 AM
aaawe, that's very sad!!! Why is everyone leaving? :(

Ωmega
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah really, I think that makes the light penguins team have two members. Maybe we should hold a quick casting to find two dedicated members? I dont want AF Survivor canceled because people in light penguins signed up and then decided that they didnt want to do it anymore

MistressPookyChan
05-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree! There seemed to be a bit of enthusiasm to enter the game, so why have a replacement for Aether or anyone else that wants to drop out? Or, maybe bring back the person that was voted out?

Daenerys
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm so glad you guy's feel the same way I do.

I've been asking Animeglobe who exactly is left, and it's just her and the wing man. Bluefox dissapeared, so we'll wait on her for a little bit. But for this challenge, it's unfair that it's only them.

MistressPookyChan
05-01-2006, 11:44 PM
We were missing a couple people in this event, but they checked in and explained why. One will be back (had a trojan. eek!) but the other may still be dealing with IRL stuff. It might be something we could talk about before the next event.

Anywho, let's get the voting started!!! I want to know how the wallpaper did since I haven't made a wall, especially in that style, for some time. ^-^;;;

Daenerys
05-01-2006, 11:58 PM
I haven't gotten a wallpaper from the other team, and I can totally see why. And I did extend it to wednesday, and if they don't have anything towards a wall completed, I'll probally just declare you guys the winners, but not have any reprocussions towards the other team, since that would be completely unfair.

And probally spend some time regrouping and what not.

MistressPookyChan
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
I heard from one of my teammates that they thought that Aether was making the wall... o.o;;

Daenerys
05-02-2006, 12:13 AM
o_o if that's true, maybe we can get the wallpaper finished when we get the new team members.

I asked Jump for luck to rejoin. Hopefully she'll not have any hard feelings against me =(

MistressPookyChan
05-02-2006, 12:18 AM
o_o if that's true, maybe we can get the wallpaper finished when we get the new team members.

I asked Jump for luck to rejoin. Hopefully she'll not have any hard feelings against me =(

JoL doesn't seem like the type of person to hold a grudge. ^-^;;

The Dark Penguins are actually REALLY well grouped. Even the two busy people have always made time to PM and check in even though they could not fully contribute.

The Wing Man
05-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey, I guess I am like the only light penguin left.

MistressPookyChan
05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
The game is not over yet!!! Hopefully we can find some more teammates for you. <3

Ωmega
05-03-2006, 12:12 PM
So, how was the surgery? (you said you were having it today, right?)
Also, whens the voting going to start?

MistressPookyChan
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Get well, ai!!!

MistressPookyChan
05-05-2006, 06:56 AM
umm... wrong thread, hun.

The Wing Man
05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Lol, when is ai coming back?

Psychotic_Maniac
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey, sorry I havn't been doing much on survivor latel. BTW this is Vendetta. Princess Ai, is it OK if I use this name rather than Vendetta? If you want to know the reason I will PM you it, I just want to tell all my teammates, I can't use the computer very much, and I MUST use this name, So if you have something to tell me PM me with this name. Thankies everyone!

Ωmega
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Lol, when is ai coming back?I know...she hasnt been on in a while...hope everythings ok....

.Alumina
05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey, sorry I havn't been doing much on survivor latel. BTW this is Vendetta. Princess Ai, is it OK if I use this name rather than Vendetta? If you want to know the reason I will PM you it, I just want to tell all my teammates, I can't use the computer very much, and I MUST use this name, So if you have something to tell me PM me with this name. Thankies everyone!

wow ok Venny...

MistressPookyChan
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Venny, no prob. Can you send the team a PM as a reminder? Thanks! :grouphug:

Lilium Filix
05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Venny you're going to have to pm me, and remind me about that...I'm not good with memorizing names... ^-^; Anywho, my computer will be fixed in a jiffy, I should be getting it back in by Sunday? Anyways, I hope everything is alright with Ai. Erm, will AF survivor be canceled if there is only two people that the DP's are up against? I agree with the idea that we should get more people to join the LP's team. ^^ Oh, I won't be online as much as I usually am, but I WILL be on at LEAST once a day, so keep me informed. Thanks in advance.

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

.Alumina
05-05-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah venny PM me too..im rubbish at remebering stuff, thanks^^

Daenerys
05-06-2006, 01:05 AM
The Archangel and Jump for luck have joined the light penquin team.

I think they are still missing a member, and I have no idea how the wall paper is progressing, but it is friday, and I said it would end on wednesday, so I'm going to have to declare the dark penquins as winners by default.

Pooky can post the wall, I don't have the link to it anymore. I accidently deleted half my pms ><

MistressPookyChan
05-06-2006, 10:40 AM
We won? yay dark penguins!! :group hug:

Here is our wallpaper. I did the CGing, but I couldn't have done it without the help of my teammates. They sent me pics, helped make some mock designs, and gave their feedback along the way.

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/5366/brodywallpaper19fh.th.jpg (http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brodywallpaper19fh.jpg)

The Wing Man
05-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow pooky that is good, It really beats the one i was working on and that is kinda sad because we would of lost anway.Well we have new members, I hope things work out this time.

Daenerys
05-07-2006, 04:49 AM
I really, really loved that wallpaper. =D I told my friend Rex about the whole thing, and then showed him the wallpaper, and he's like "These people know you. Way too well."

I'll get busy on trying to think of something else for you guys to do.

And as promised, the Light Penquins won't lose anyone.

But can someone find out if bluefox is still around? If she isn't, we need to replace her as well.

MistressPookyChan
05-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm glad that you all liked the wallpaper. ^-^ I was a bit nervous about it because I hadn't walled in awhile. But, my team seemed to like it, so we went with it.

animeglobe
05-07-2006, 10:03 AM
i'll find out but i think she left the site completely

Otaku Ichise
05-08-2006, 10:04 AM
I would like to know how i received red reputation points from this thread...

MistressPookyChan
05-08-2006, 10:24 AM
because you were spamming. I suggest you read the first post before trying to post in this thread again.

Otaku Ichise
05-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Im not the type to spam, he didnt have to delete the post because i wanted to know what spam i did.

Daenerys
05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
You did post on this thread, you posted on accident. You posted your secret admirer thing and a mod deleted it.

I think I mighta been the one to bad rep you, but whatever.

Anyway, I was trying to think of something we could do when I was in the shower the other day... and I thought of something really cool, but...

...I forgot.

So if anyone has any nifty ideas, or anything let me know. I think I might do something with kittys...

Otaku Ichise
05-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Ok and i dont have the right to know how i spamed earlier? this place was so promissing and this is already going the wrong way...*sigh* sorry but when we do a mistake in a forum normaly the mods or admin will say the reason and we acept it as it is, this sure is a wrong way to control things here also you should only alow one sig to be used not 2 or 3 sigs or a sig with 350x350 resolution and yeah thanks for more red reputation points.

Lilium Filix
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Did you want us to pm you our ideas for the next thing, or is it alright to just post them here? ^-^;

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

MistressPookyChan
05-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Otaku Ichise, read your PMs (specifically mine)

back on tooooopic!

I want to do something else involving CGing. photoshop is yummie.

Lilium Filix
05-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Ack, AG might kill me for this...BUT I think we should do something that involves rpg..O.o It's just a thought! ><
However another CG thing is fine aswell...
Or we could write fanfics about a specific subject. ^-^;

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

Ωmega
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Hmmm...maybe we could make another wallpaper, but we have to incorprate (bah, me and my bad spelling) some kinda of classical art...like DaVinchi or something. Itll be a bit of a challenge...or at least I think so anyway...

Daenerys
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I do like the idea of doing another graphic challenge, but I don't want to do one after another.

Ωmega
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Ok, well going back to what you said earlier, how bout we write a poem on kittens?

Daenerys
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Nah, that's kind of lame-o. Themed poetry things never really worked on this forum.

Maybe do something where someone has to actually draw something. OH! I KNOW WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO NEXT! Give me some time to write it all out.

Okay. Each team will have to draw a picture. Probally using an image program, if no one has a scanner. Now the picture will have to feature each member of the team... on an island. Take something from your avatar/sig and that'll be what you look like on the island.

And the one that best represents the team and it's team mates will win.

I'm sure there will be questions on this, so ask away!

The image should be done by the... 18th. And it can include comical things. Like one member giving another a noogie. Or other. In fact, the more comical it is, the more I will like it.

Daenerys
05-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Bumping this back up from the THIRD page....

Daenerys
05-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Bumping again. ;_; does no one want to do this again.

Ωmega
05-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, Angel_eyes and I have been talking about what we're going to do...
this is a tough challenge!

The Wing Man
05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey i was on vacation, but um this contest sounds a lil hard ai.

Daenerys
05-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Don't worry Wing, I'm not asking for, nor expecting any great works of art. It's a comedic thing, not an art thing. =) I wouldn't care if everything were stick figures.

But if you want me to extend it, I will.

Daenerys
05-19-2006, 01:46 AM
...Is anyone interested in this anymore?

The Wing Man
05-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Um..I guess I am.

animeglobe
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
i am but one problem my scanner doesn't work. but i'll see if i can go to a public libaray to se if they have one avaliable. but if i can't i'll let you know.

ooo wait what about paint shop thingy i think i can do a picture with stick figures on there not quite sure though.

Lilium Filix
05-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Ack, I still want to do this! ^-^; Erm, well I did the picture... I haven't scanned it yet.. [I'll get to that later.. O.o] When did you want this to be submitted?

~AEK~

Daenerys
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll give you guys until next friday...

I didn't expect you guys to ACTUALLY draw it on paper though, I figured it'd all be mspaint stick figures.

The Wing Man
05-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Ai, Im not really sure who my team is and that could be a problem cuz there has been so much stuff going on with my team.Could you tell me who is on the light penguins?

Bluefox-chan
05-22-2006, 09:09 PM
hmm i just got thru moving so im sorry formy lack of...umm u know attention lol im up to the challenge i guess

Daenerys
05-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm not on my computer, so this is just from memory.

The light penquins have wing, (aether) archangel, (wilder) jump for luck, bluefox, and.. um... I don't know.

Daenerys
05-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Bumping... do you guys need more time still?

Lilium Filix
05-26-2006, 04:50 PM
>.>; That would be helpful, someone spilt coffee on my scanner, and I'm gettting a new one on May 29. Is it alright if we change the deadline till then? If this is of any inconvenience please notify me, I'll see what I can do. ^-^; I apologize in advance.

~AEK~

Daenerys
05-29-2006, 08:48 PM
No problem man. No one seems to be in any hurry to send em in, so I'm in no hurry to close it.

I'll give it until whenever I get both entries.

Daenerys
06-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Bump.. again... damn forums.

Lilium Filix
06-03-2006, 07:56 AM
++Scans then PMs! ++ Sorry that it's a little late than when I said I would hand it in. ><

~AEK~

Daenerys
06-03-2006, 08:25 PM
lol, that's cool. I haven't heard anything from the other team. I'm going to PM them later tonight.

MistressPookyChan
06-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Wait, there is something going on?? Because I don't think anyone knew there was a thread. I thought you were going to PM stuff out to the team. Can we have a re-start so that everyone knows that the next round is going on?

Daenerys
06-04-2006, 03:30 AM
A few members of your team talked to me about it... so I'm sure they knew?

But it doesn't matter if you take awhile to do it, the next one will be more organized. I've had more time to work on it.

The Wing Man
06-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Oh, Hey so what we actully are getting this back in order?

Daenerys
06-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Yes, for the thousandth time. So chop chop.

MistressPookyChan
06-10-2006, 08:46 AM
No one emailed me...

I'll try to re-organize.

Daenerys
06-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Next time I'll PM everyone. I just thought you guys would check the topic every once in awhile.

Prophet of Death
06-10-2006, 11:33 PM
dude I want in but whos gonna be on my team? I am killer with graphics btw

Daenerys
06-11-2006, 12:27 AM
We already are in the middle of the game with 2 challenges under our belts.

We can't let anyone else join.

Vendetta
07-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Is this thing still going of what? Also, am I still playing I'm confused O.o

Daenerys
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm going to be restarting it when people have more time to participate.

MistressPookyChan
07-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I have more time to participate!!! :D