PDA

View Full Version : Do you care what others think? HONESTLY

Vendetta
04-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Do you care what others think about you? I mean that as in your apperance. I would say That I don't care, But that would be a lie. I always think, I don't give a [removed] about what they say. But, If I think about it, It's only natral for me to care. I don't know anyone that doesn't care at all. There may be a few humans that don't care at all, But I feel that most people do. It may be unknowingly.. They may spend 300 dollors for clothes and know they only care about how they look. I just relized that I unknowingly care... So, I wanted to know how many people say that they don't care? And how many people acknowledge the fact that the DO care....

Ichigo_30382
04-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't care wat ever people think even they think I am really stupid, that is just their thoughs so I don't really care

Vendetta
04-23-2006, 10:15 PM
So, If I just said I completely hated you, and you are the ugliest being to ever walk this earth, You couldn't care less? OK whatever you say...But, something like that always is there.. In the back of your mind.. and whe you are sad it comes to the front of your mind and hurts....

blackshadowwings
04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmm. Well, I usually don't care if someone insults my appearance, as long as I like the way I look. But obviously I like it if someone compliments my appearance... and I try to look nice, so I guess I care?

Kishiro
04-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Hmm.

People looking at me from the outside would say, "He doesn't care about how he looks."
And even my parents have told me that I don't care about how I look.

And for the most part, I really don't. I'll where whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want. Thats just me, I don't put a lot of emphasis on taking a lot of time out to look any certain way.

I love punk rock, and I love our culture, and the scene we have going. But to me, I think it is just as ridiculous the effort and time some people put into their jackets. Because it is just like seeing a preppy girl waste an hour on her make up, or an emo kid spend 3 hours dying and styling their hair, and then doing heavy pale and black make up.

I just don't see any point, for any reason or style, for anyone to spend so much time on their appearance. Even when I'm dressed up in a suit and tie, it only take 5 minutes to put on. And I clean up pretty darn good.

And I like the way I look in my suit, because I know I look good in it. And to a point, I do care. And that is my next and final point. I think that all people care at least a little bit about how they look. You just can't help it as a human. You may be like me, and don't really freak out about how you look. But there are some times when you just do care about your appearance, even if only a little bit. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Vendetta
04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Hmm.

People looking at me from the outside would say, "He doesn't care about how he looks."

And for the most part, I really don't. I'll where whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want. Thats just me, I don't put a lot of emphasis on taking a lot of time out to look any certain way.

I love punk rock, and I love our culture, and the scene we have going. But to me, I think it is just as ridiculous the effort and time some people put into their jackets. Because it is just like seeing a preppy girl waste an hour on her make up, or an emo kid spend 3 hours dying and styling their hair, and then doing heavy pale and black make up.

I just don't see any point, for any reason or style, for anyone to spend so much time on their appearance. Even when I'm dressed up in a suit and tie, it only take 5 minutes to put on. And I clean up pretty darn good.

And I like the way I look in my suit, because I know I look good in it. And to a point, I do care. And that is my next and final point. I think that all people care at least a little bit about how they look. You just can't help it as a human. You may be like me, and don't really freak out about how you look. But there are some times when you just do care about your appearance, even if only a little bit. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I don't care so much that I spend 5 hours every morning getting ready for school or anything. Hell, most of the time I just say... This looks comfy and wear it. But, I am self-consiouse about the fact that if I look like a pig in public people will not want to be my friends... and I need friends... And like you said.. if you are human than you do care to a point... But, I'm not an apperance adict....

Ωmega
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
No. People think Im a lesbian by the way I dress, but Im not going to change my wardrobe just so people think Im straight. I dont care what people think about my opinions either, I speak my mind, and if they dont like it, then tough. Theres only ONE person who I do care about what they think of me is my fiance. Thats it. Why? Because it worries me that I might say something or do something to push him away...and I dont think I could deal with him leaving me. Sure, he accepts me for me, but a girl can never be to careful!

Sagat
04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I care but only in very limited sense. I care about my appearance but only so far as my own thoughts.

I guess I only care what others think so long as I can manipulate or control it. As far as opinions go, I really don't care at all what other people think. In the end, I am selfish and if it doesn't directly concern me it is irrelevent.

_Anonymous_
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I value friend's opinions, but I don't think that's the same as really caring what they think, because I won't totally change if they said something.

Sakura Holic
04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok...for this issue...well it depends...I dont usualy care...but when its about this girl.... then I go mad....she is a (another word for a female dog).I'll explain it more easy..Here goes:
~Break bell rang and everyone in science class went out exept for me
Me: Mr. Kaneshiro, can I stay in and do work?
Mr. Kaneshiro: Yea sure...
Me:~takes out work and start working
Mr. Kaneshiro:*grabs his keys* Im going to the office. Make sure dont open the door to anyone.
Me: alright. *continues working*
*teacher left the door locked and me only me inside*
Ryan: *climbs up the lockers outside and peeps through the window*
"Hey Sakura! Open the door!!"
Me: Nope. Cant do that now..
Ryan: Oh come on please.
Me: Mr. Kaneshiro said to Not open doors to anyone!
Ryan: Fine!!
Risa: she came along and asked why who is inside?
Ryan: Sakura...
Risa: oh.
Jacora: who?
Risa: Sakura is inside..
Jacora: open the door sakura. please.
*me ignoring everyone*
Then she starts baning the doors kicking it.
Open the door Sakura!
Risa: Maybe she cant open the door. Like she said. Mr kaneshiro said no.
Jacora: shut the ----- up ugly korean girl
Risa: in her mind i bet she is swearing and all
Jacora: Open the door already!!
Me: I CANT!!!
Jacora: Fine! ---- all chinese!!
Me: swearing in my mind and all.
Then the bell rang and I finally let everyone in. Everyone said that they understand why and they told me what Jacora said to me.
I pack up all my stuff and wait for my friends so we can go to class together. Then Jacora came and said,
"Sakura, why didnt you open the door?"
Me: Mr. Kaneshiro said not to open the door for anyone.
Jacora: *walks away*
And i swear when she started to walk away, I heard her said this
"st-u ugly *****."
And she's the troublesome one all the time.....
It makes my head spins when ever she bother's someone teasing him/her
Even for the cripled students.

Kishiro
04-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Just to add in, caring can mean that you blow off and could care less about the negative things people say about you or how you look, but then are happy to receive compliments, and like when people say good things about how you look. Because, there are some people like that.

BoldMushroom
04-23-2006, 10:47 PM
When it comes to compliments... I'm usually happy to receive a compliment. There will be some compliments that won't make a big deal to me - but even then, I appreciate the thought.

When it comes to almost everything else... it depends on who it is (1), what they're talking about (2), and how they say it (3).

(1): I value the opinion of friends more than most strangers - but a stranger can still offer criticism that is valid and worth taking into consideration, depending on (2) and (3).

(2): There are some things that people can badmouth or criticize, and it won't have any affect on me (e.g. the music I listen to - I like what I like, and I don't really care if someone else doesn't). But I'm up for debate on other topics (e.g. movies).

(3): If what someone says sounds like respectful, constructive criticism, I'm probably going to take it into more consideration than someone who throws me a crude, antagonistic insult.

Sakura Holic
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Just to add in, caring can mean that you blow off and could care less about the negative things people say about you or how you look, but then are happy to receive compliments, and like when people say good things about how you look. Because, there are some people like that.But I never meet anyone like Jacora.....

-akichan-
04-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I normally dun care wut pplz thinks, but it realli depends on wut that person says.

Shadow Sacred To Dark
04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
i do care about what people think..especially when they say something about what they think....only if its bad though....if its good stuff then im happy:p

Luna13
04-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I care at times. Sometimes I'm thinking "whatever I'm just being me" but other times it'll get to me and I start to think. So I do care what others think on occasion.

Ollie
04-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I do care, although I try not to.

lorie
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
I care what people think about me but at a level. Like if someone spread a really bad rumor theen people would start treating me different then I would of course care. Though other than that not really.

_allismine_
04-24-2006, 01:08 AM
As long as they don't think I'm weak or a coward, I don't care what anyone thinks. That's years and years of pre-conditioning for you.

crazy.cookie
04-24-2006, 01:10 AM
people are usually afraid to say something about my apperance or behaviour because i tend to get violent, so in other words even if i don't show it other people's thoughts about me affect me very much and may cause a lot of physical pain to them.

Lunamaria
04-24-2006, 01:26 AM
For me, it's hard not to care about what people think. Usually, I don't care what the guys in my class think, or what my friends think. It's just the popular chicks at my school...I just can't stand hearing them laughing whenever I pass by. It makes me feel weird and left out. But I do forget about it and say "Ah, the heck with it." But usually and 99% of the time, I don't care about what other people think about me. If they make fun of me, usually I'd answer back or ignore them and pretend I heard nothing. Or sometimes if my sister makes fun of me, I hit her. And she hates it when I hit her. I'm a little stronger than her but at times when she's mad her anger burts her energy so I get a little hurt. Ouchie. ;)

pyrothunder336
04-24-2006, 01:32 AM
I don't in the slightest what people think about my appearance. I am not a good looking guy so I taught myself to stop caring about what anyone thinks. I only care about what I think and a few of my friends.

Tsuna Kadiri
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I care about my appearance. I don't obsess over it, though. If people don't like the way I look, then they don't. Nothing I can do to change their minds. I present myself the way I want to and I can be comfortable with it.

Hey, if I wanted to shave my head and get 7 lip piercings, I'd do it and I wouldn't care if people would think I was weird or crazy (Not saying that I would ever do that ;D). The key is to not take yourself too seriously.

Princely Dreaming Doll
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
People are incined to their opions. Every word someone gives to you may it be negative or positive is their opion.
And everyone is inclined to their perspective. I might acknowledge what they say in my head , but it doesn't mean I'll follow it. It just means that I'm okay with undestanding their concerns.
Thats all.
I don't care and I care. I suppose I can say that.

Essex
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I do care, although I try not to.
Pretty much sums it up for me too. I follow my own trend, but I do care all the same. I really admire those who take it fully out, that is if I find the style neat.

If you spend 300$ on one piece of clothing, it has to be something special about it, in my opinion. I would never use 300 on a pair of jeans when I can get perfect Levi's for 20 bucks (I've never spent 300$ on clothes on one day, mind you).

Regex
04-24-2006, 03:21 PM
It's irresponsible not to care how you look or what others think of you.
While this isn't so important when you are still a child, after you grow up, it is absolutely important. You need a job, so your boss needs to believe you are a good worker. If you work with people (Say in retail), you need to come across as friendly, so people will not be discouraged to return to that store.

However, this does not mean that you should sacrifice who you are as a person to make everyone happy. If people make fun of you for something you wear, but you feel most comfortable wearing that, then wear it. If you feel most comfortable feeling like you look attractive to others, then by all means, take the extra effort to take pride in your appearance.

But like it or not, we all live in a society. We are all very social creatures, and as such, it's unhealthy to not fit in with the society somewhat. So if you feel you best express yourself by slapping people across the face when you meet them, it's best for you and for everyone if you reconsider how you express yourself.

Crimson Phoenix
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Honestly? No, I dont care what other people think of me. I keep my own council, and if thier views are similar to mine, we get along just fine (woah, unintentional rhyme O_O ).

Masali
04-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I care to an extent. It's not like if I went out stark naked I wouldn't care that people were laughing at me. Everyone of you would care, don't lie.

Lilium Filix
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
It would depend on what they think, and to it's extent.
If someone goes up to me and says "Hey, you're stupid." I really wouldn't care.
However if I did what Masali said above, I actually would care...O.o

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

Grognar
04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Well i dont care what people look like because it no for you to decide what people look like, its who they are that makes them this way, i myself am just a normal person wearing what i want, when i want, and as much as i want. And if people think im poor because i thnk that wya, or have a bad attitude because i thik that way, then its not my fault for them thinkiong that way, all i can say that its the person on the inside that matters, not whats on the outside, thats why i dont think that when people are looking for a job they have to dress proper. becasue when we do that, we are acting someone else then what we arent, and that there is going to make us what were not. This is all i have to say.

~Grognar

Dr.McDoom!
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, yes i care too. When i see ppl laughing at me i already stard shaking inside, because i do care about what am i to them. However, there is a balance that you must keep between Their impression and Your self-respect. You must give as much of a jhit about them as well as for yourself, because giving to much attention to only one of them will induce you in a judgement error.
Personally, when somebody insults me with his/her impailing impression, i go " your mind! you think you're better? Come over here and get your face beaten to change your mind!"
Their negative thoughts only innerve me and determine me to kick some serious -S.

Krsnik
04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Everyone, innately, does care. From the ages of puberty until you hit retirement, you care. Jung's theory of Personas completely suports my viewpoint on this, as well. Most people don't realize they're doing this, but they alter their personality to match a specific group or crowd. People get various doses of "you" in a certain activity. People do, of course, care what others think of you. It's how you present yourself, and that's important to everyone. Why? It's just an innate drive that everyone feels. Maybe our collective unconscious at work.

Buruku
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Entire post edited out for cursing. Next time don't curse - LPS

aw, I don't even remember what I said.

Beyond The Grave
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
U make ur own decisions so y would u care if someone disagreed with u? I sure wouldn't, but in other cases I would. Though you are ur own person u still want some opinion on some things that u do. Ppl might not like the way I dress but do I care....heck no! But if I were to go to something formal like a political party or something I would care what ppl thought about me(This has happened to me) To me it really depends on the situation that u are in to decide but mostly I don't.

Zedekiah
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
If it's from someone I know and respect, yes.

If it's from a random idiot, no.

animegirl5445
04-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I do as well, care very much about what others think about me. I try not to, and sometimes, when i'm with my friends, I really couldn't care less, but my history involving bullies doesn't allow my brain any peace. So, yeah, thats all I've got to say, not really, but you catch my drift

fluffy-love
04-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I do care, somethings I can be very self concious and worry about what others think of me. I'd like to think I'm easy to get along with, but some people don't like my personality and I can't understand why. I used to change into how my (former)friends behaved but I didn't feel right, so now being myself I definately have more self confidence, and am losing that self conciousness, thankfully. ^-^

Marie2007
04-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I use to care about what people think of me and my appearence but now I am like if you don't like me then just deal because this who I am

devil rider
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Sometimes i care if it's a girl but if it's another guy they don't matter

[Boolean]
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Usually I don't, because I never considered myself pretty to any degree. I go to school with my hair a little messy sometimes, or even wearing things that I don't like. If someone says I look like a nerd because of my glasses though...that's another story. Someone sort of tried to make fun of me today because they noticed my dog tag. "Are you in the army?" is what they had said. So I had smiled nicely and replied, "Sorry, no. I got it in 5th grade on a field trip."

Faceless111
04-24-2006, 06:59 PM
If I cared much about it, I'd probably shower daily. I don't care too much about what others think about me. However, I'm not about to go out and make myself look like a complete jackass.

skyler22
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
uhh... no...um maybe... im not realy sure if i do????
i... yes i know i do care what people think about the way i look but if they say somthin about it i never realy freak out i just make a joke or somethin so maybe i dont care or maybe i just kinda care... i just dont know O.o

Bibi of the Blue Sea
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
not really...i tend to do things the way i like too. i like being lazy and slothful. yes i do get critism from my family. but i would only listen to what someone thought if i was life threatening....like this habit i had...you know the one where you get rid of what you ate. since my parents and sibs thought it was gross and not healthy i gave in to their opinions and changed my ways.

i have never really cared about what others said, and i still dont

Kimika Harumi
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I believe when it really comes down to it, everyone needs to care what others think about them, it's just a fact. o_O; Like others have said in earlier posts, you'll need to care what other's view you as to get along in life. What I really hate is when people get the wrong view on you. For example, at my school when people would see a girl who is totally skinny, had long hair, and was friends with all of these people, they always thought of her as a "perfect" girl, but that's only a stereotype. But, there's a lot of times where people don't look for the good in you, which is what I tried to point out above, except for the fact that it was a good thing. I guess when it comes down to it, you have to care about what other people think, it's what makes humans humans. Human beings feed off of the recognition from other's to make them feel good or even bad about themselves, it's just the way the world works. ^__^;

PleilA
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
you have to care to some extent people, otherwise you'd leave your house looking like a slob, i know , cause i use to not care enough

Ayame_Sohma
04-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Hello

Well there is only person i do care and that is my bf but no one else really this is me and if u dont like it fine but im not goin to try and make everyone happy

Ollie
04-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I've always cared at least somewhat about what others thought of me, although in the last few months this caring seems to have grown a bit. Lack of security, perhaps? I dunno why.

If it's from someone I know and respect, yes.

If it's from a random idiot, no. Know what I think?

I think you smell.

OHBRUN

Devilstears
04-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I do not care what other people think.
I have been made fun of my whole life by what I look like. People always made fun of me when I was younger, I'm use to it, now to the point that I dont care if someone were to say "yo so ugly" or "you look retarded". Even if one of my friends said it to me I still wouldn't care.

Piper
04-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Well, honestly? I usually do not. But it all depends on the situation. For example, if I am schedule for a job interview, you're durn right I care! I care about how I talk, dress, etc. Usually if it's something I want, I care. If not.. Eh, I don't.

I've gone to the store in my pajama's and slippers, quite a few times! Sure I got some stares. But it's nice to know you're popular! ^^

The Wing Man
04-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Im not gonna lie, the truth is i do care what people think about me sometimes and i think it is natural human nature.

Bubblegum Pop
04-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I could care less about what people think about me, if someone says something to me...i say something back. ^_^ i can be mean.

Keyasaffection
04-27-2006, 09:03 AM
only if its my parents.....and thats not even allways...sometimes i dont care at all......^^

Kagekotsu
04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Give me one good reason why I should care. I look the way I want to look and I really couldn't care less what the others think about my appearance. If it's disturbing in their opinion, who the hell made them watch or be in my company? You all have a chance to choose in this kind of situation. If someone is really ugly and has no fashion sense in your opinion, you're not forced to be with them for a second. That's what I think.

If someone complains to me about how ugly I look and that I have no fashion sense, so *beep*ing what? I choose the way I dress myself, not the others. People are too vain these days, all that matters to them is how they look and what's the hottest thing in fashion. I couldn't care less. Really.

So go ahead, call me ugly, say whatever you want to say, I'll simply ignore it. I think I made my opinion clear here...

starrenite
04-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I care what people think toan extent, I don't spend hours on end primpingmyself but I enjoy feeling clean andlooking nice. ;3 <3

Kristen
04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
In complete honesty, everyone cares about what at least one other person thinks. Regardless of their rebarbative and consistent bickering that they really HONESTLYOMG don't; they do. Even I'll admit that I used to be that lame kid, but now, being older and wiser, I understand that it's a necessary thing. You need to care what people think, otherwise you'll never improve. Of course, if some jerk comes up and belittles you and insults you, I don't expect anyone to just sit and take it or even care that they're saying such hurtful things. It's just plain rude. But for instance, you need to care because of things such as constructive critisism. You'll never get anywhere if you don't think "You know- Maybe that person is right, afterall." It's okay for you to not be right all the time, for you to have imperfections and even care what others think about you. But along with that, standing up for yourself is benefitial and important as well.

For myself, I tend to listen to things people say about me. Not necessarily take it to heart all the time- But listen. It's good to use other peoples information and opinions of you to better yourself. And I believe that people can always be better. =)

annak
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I can't say I truely care for what people do say about me. I can't supress their opinions so I won't even bother. It's not as if I get hounded down by people with their slandering. It hasn't happened to me, yet. But I have been labelled and it hurts to know that people won't take the time to try and understand you. They'd rather take one look at the way you dress, your hair, gender, sexual orientation and place you in some category.

I've learned from friends who do let this get to them that it's not worth it. They can say all that they want to say but it isn't the end of the world. You have to keep your chin held high, push forward to the next day and try not to let them eat at your heart and self esteem.

Because, most people (not all) let this get to them and it can be crucial in the end. The consequences of listening to others' judgements can be critical.

At any rate, I try not to let anything get to me too much. If I did I would be pessimistic and feeling faceless. It's not worth the strife if you ask me.

=]

AK

Scion
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Everyone cares, don't lie. Everyone has the feeling of rejection which makes you self-conscience. How you deal with it shows how strong you believe in your trend, which would generally boast your self-esteem.

Sagat
04-27-2006, 08:48 PM
In complete honesty, everyone cares about what at least one other person thinks. Regardless of their rebarbative and consistent bickering that they really HONESTLYOMG don't; they do. Even I'll admit that I used to be that lame kid, but now, being older and wiser, I understand that it's a necessary thing. You need to care what people think, otherwise you'll never improve. Of course, if some jerk comes up and belittles you and insults you, I don't expect anyone to just sit and take it or even care that they're saying such hurtful things. It's just plain rude. But for instance, you need to care because of things such as constructive critisism. You'll never get anywhere if you don't think "You know- Maybe that person is right, afterall." It's okay for you to not be right all the time, for you to have imperfections and even care what others think about you. But along with that, standing up for yourself is benefitial and important as well.

For myself, I tend to listen to things people say about me. Not necessarily take it to heart all the time- But listen. It's good to use other peoples information and opinions of you to better yourself. And I believe that people can always be better. =)You're quite correct. I say I don't care and while it's mostly true, I have to care some what. I mean in my job constructive criticism is available in leaps and bounds and if I don't listen, I am doomed to repeat my mistakes again and again.

It's what other people in general think of me that I don't care about. Oddly enough though, if I think the other person has a stupid opinion of me it makes me angry and though I try not to care sometimes it gets the better of me. It's something I'm working on but not easy (for me)

Kishiro
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Everyone cares about how they look to a certain extent, sometimes, if not all the time. Don't lie to yourself and the rest of us, saying that you don't care. There may be certain people whom you don't care what they say about you one way or another, some you only care about the good things they say, some you care about everything the say or think--

But the point is, as humans, we all care, and can't help that we care, in some way, to some extent.

Hmm.

Sagat
04-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Kishiro, I agree, though I still wonder if it is possible to completely stop caring altogether..

Vendetta
04-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Yes, there are many people that may believe they don't care. but, they are lying to themselves and everyone around them. I have learned to accept that I care, although I don't care a lot. If people say I'm ugly of somthing, I say thanks. But, if it where one of my best friends, and they where being seriouse (which they never are) then, I would care. I would wonder what would provoke them to say something like that.

Kishiro
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Kishiro, I agree, though I still wonder if it is possible to completely stop caring altogether..I'm afraid not brother.

I am a psychology buff, and am majoring in that in college. And even without classes and studies, just by observing people on your own, you can tell that it just isn't possible to be totally apathetic.

We do things more than just for the reason of doing it for ourselves, and our own self satisfaction, because without the presence of other people to interact with, and to react to what we do, in whatever way we do it, and whatever we do, there would be no reason at all for us to do anything to begin with.

On the other hand, there may be a few people who completely don't care, but that is because they are mentally unstable, or have burned out on drugs or alcohol, and they simply lack the motor skills or brain capacity to do much else than fuel their addiction and craving to just survive. What a sad and pitiful existance that would be.... :(

Sagat
04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, see what you're saying..

Do you think it would be possible if somebody completely turned their back on society and was consumed in hate? Such a case is ... at best extremely rare but I still wonder if someone actually could stop caring completely.

What do you think about that?

Dark Donye
04-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Nope. Not really. I live my life not them.

BoldMushroom
04-27-2006, 09:15 PM

Do you think it would be possible if somebody completely turned their back on society and was consumed in hate? Such a case is ... at best extremely rare but I still wonder if someone actually could stop caring completely.

What do you think about that?It happens - like Li said, such people are probably mentally unstable. Some people who have great amounts of emotional coldness may have schizoid personality disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder); there's also antisocial personality disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder).

Cat_Demon
04-27-2006, 09:16 PM
no i dont give a crap about wut others may think

Vendetta
04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Here is something. Say you had... A foot on your head. Would you be proud to walk aroung with a smelly foot on your head? Would you care if people make fun of you? That is a bad example, but it is one. Wouldn't you try to clean your head up? or get surgery? And, the foot on your head, you can't feel it at all, and you don't notcie it. But, would you just walk around like that? I know, bad example, But oh well.

Sagat
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
It happens - like Li said, such people are probably mentally unstable. Some people who have great amounts of emotional coldness may have schizoid personality disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder); there's also antisocial personality disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder).Why does that always make them mentally unstable or have some disorder? Why is society on a whole usually judged as correct and the individual who is different incorrect?

Don't really bother answering.. There are a million answers. I suppose I am sort of thinking aloud and perhaps venting a bit that what is different than the norm is always somehow deemed to have some disorder.

Don't mind me

BoldMushroom
04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Why does that always make them mentally unstable or have some disorder? Why is society on a whole usually judged as correct and the individual who is different incorrect?

Don't really bother answering.. There are a million answers. I suppose I am sort of thinking aloud and perhaps venting a bit that what is different than the norm is always somehow deemed to have some disorder.

Don't mind meWell, in this case, I don't think it's a matter of "correct/incorrect." The term "disorder" is used for the sake of medical definition - as in, an ailment that affects a person's mental or physical functions.

Also, while I agree that society does discriminate against the "different" people... there is a line between "disorder" and "societal difference". A person with obsessive-compulsive disorder, who goes through two bars of soap a day just washing their hands - that's a disorder. It's a serious detriment to them, and their attempts to live their life. That's a case where political correctness isn't an issue.

Kishiro
04-27-2006, 09:31 PM

What do you think about that?I think it is totally possible. And for it to even happen without a severe disorder. Hell, I know one guy I used to be friends with is was such a jerk, and so anti-social, I wondered how I even became friends with him.

Needless to say, I am no longer friends with him, because he treats everyone he knows like crap. And I honestly think he could be fine as a hermit, and in this case, might be one of those rare and legit cases of people that really truly don't care, because he has a genuine hate for people, even himself.

But then again, he could have some emotional disorder, or chemical imbalance that I don't know about.

Vendetta
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
No offense to any goths/emo's. But, aren't there a few people like goth's/emo's that don't care? I mean they live in black and everything. Then again, I may be wrong and just don't understand them.

Darksword66
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Me i personally don't care. I ware what i want when i want and don't care what it looks like so yah no caring here

Kishiro
04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
No offense to any goths/emo's. But, aren't there a few people like goth's/emo's that don't care? I mean they live in black and everything. Then again, I may be wrong and just don't understand them.The vast majority of my warddrobe is black. And for the exception of my two pairs of blue jeans, both which have large wholes in the knees, and one pair I can't actually wear anymore, all my pants and jeans are black. They are either black jeans, or black dickies.

Most of my t-shirts are black, and usually have something annoying, rude, or smart elic-ish on them. I never go ANYWHERE with out my big black leather jacket. Even when its warm or hot, that thing goes with me. My beanies are black, my DC hat is black-- heck, even the logo is black. My DC shoes are black. And ever piece of my italian suit is black. The shirt, the pants, the tie, the jacket. My dress shoes too. And yeah, even the vast majority of my socks are black.

lol.

I've always thought that emo's are kids that failed at being goth's. ha ha ha.

They all claim no to care, but they lie. LIE. Lie I say. Especially the emo kids. No bigger attention whores in the world than them.

Can I say that? I know you can't in chat. But darn it, thats what they are. Attention [removed].

Edit: Apparently, you can say "attention [removed]" but you can't say it in single form. odd.

Celes Victoria
04-28-2006, 03:14 AM
if i say i don't, that's a lie, though i don't tend to show it.blargh

[H-Es.]
04-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes...I do.

Aisu Hinate
04-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't care one bit. Geez, I'm the only girl in the school that doesn't wear any make-up. What does that tell you?

Kishiro
04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't care one bit. Geez, I'm the only girl in the school that doesn't wear any make-up. What does that tell you?Not much, considering that most girls that I know don't normally wear make-up. Unless it is a special occassion, most of the girls I know really frown upon wearing make up all the time. And I like it better when they don't. Girls are fully capable of being beautiful without make-up on, and sometimes, it can make things worse for the appearance, and more over, make-up can eff up your complextion.

wolf-on-the-hunt
04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
bleh i hate make up! i havnt ever used it and never will even on special occasions. but any ways no i dont really care all that much bout what they think the only thing that bugs me is when they all shun you and make really bad rumors but even then i dont care much im more of a loner anyways besides i know dirt on all them heh heh... but i wont stoop to there level unless i really have to. they got somthing to say they can say it to my face oh yeah and lets hope you got inshurence he he he yesh im bad.

Aisu Hinate
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Not much, considering that most girls that I know don't normally wear make-up. Unless it is a special occassion, most of the girls I know really frown upon wearing make up all the time. And I like it better when they don't. Girls are fully capable of being beautiful without make-up on, and sometimes, it can make things worse for the appearance, and more over, make-up can eff up your complextion.
That's exactly what I say!! You guys are lucky though. EVERY SINGLE GIRL, except me, at my school just absolutly blotches on their make-up. It's looks absolutly rediculous

anime OG
04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
50% I care and 50% i don't care wat pplz think of me!!!!!!!!!!!! I am who I am and I don't think u can change who u truly are inside!!!!!! I do life simple and I tryin to live life up to the fullest and I try to forget the haters!!!!!!!!!!

Seņor Nobody
04-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Actually, no. I don't give a flying [removed] what others think of me. I stopped caring a loooooooooooooooong time ago.

+!My_love _is_crazy!+
04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
i could care less of what people think. so my answer is no. because some people are stupid

Reniti
04-29-2006, 10:20 AM
*cry* Yes, I do care. I'm the quiet, imperfectionous, strange, anti-social person who has no one to sit next to at lunch. People are so sweet to me, but what do they say in their "circles" about me, behind my back? Yeah...If only we hadn't moved. {blank-blink} you, dad! And your dumb "Ice Cream SHOP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kishiro
04-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I am sorry, but to you people still saying you don't care, you are fooling yourself, but not anyone else. I bet you that you DO care, about at least what one person says or thinks about you. And that's no lie.

*.:Endless Sky:.*
04-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't care what people think when I'm in public. I still fix myself up ,but how I want it. If I'm going to the mall or something I just don't care. I mean, chances are that I'll never see these people again so why should I care?

At school, though, I care a little, but not a lot.

General Ike
04-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Well, it depends on the type of critic that would be offered. If it something about a work or some kind of performance, then go on. But if it's non-constructive criticism, then I send it away.

Seņor Nobody
04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I am sorry, but to you people still saying you don't care, you are fooling yourself, but not anyone else. I bet you that you DO care, about at least what one person says or thinks about you. And th1`at's no lie.
No, I REALLY do not care what others think of me, and THAT is the truth.

Zabuza2006
04-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I do care b/c ppl r always picking at me and stuff even though I tell them I don't care wut they say about me. They always say I'm ugly and I need a new fashion. I'm the girl who's always down and wants 2 take revenge. I'm like the only Goth at my school so ppl label me and call me Goth Chick. I like the way I am and no one can change me except me...*smiles*

Fetal Fetish
04-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't care. They usually say that becasue they're jealous. I'm smart and proud of how I look. Many people say I'm pretty. And also, I would think, look who's talking!

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
04-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes I guess I do care what others think... at least for the most part.
Somethings I don't care about cause it really doesn't matter to me if they have an opinion or not. And then there are other things....

_allismine_
04-30-2006, 09:36 PM
*edit from last post*
When it comes to hygene and personal apperance, it's not really about what others think, it's about whether you care about yourself enough to care.
So, yeah, just because I don't care that girls look down at me for not layering on as much makeup as them (they do. believe it.), doesn't mean I don't care enough to check the dang mirror before I leave the house.

Cyre Vyne
04-30-2006, 09:36 PM
In all honesty... Yes. I do care, but only to some extent. I'll wear what I please, but even so, I do wonder what people think of my outfit. However, I like to dress to please. Or, at least, I like to dress to have my outfit be memorable.

Kishiro
04-30-2006, 09:56 PM
No, I REALLY do not care what others think of me, and THAT is the truth.My mistake. Rebel. =p

Devilstears
05-01-2006, 01:04 AM
I am sorry, but to you people still saying you don't care, you are fooling yourself, but not anyone else. I bet you that you DO care, about at least what one person says or thinks about you. And that's no lie.
You are wrong (about me it least). There are people who go through things that make them different then others. Changing they're views about life, other people, and how they feel.

I said I dont care because there is no one in my life that can make me feel bad about myself. Why would I lie to myself? I have nothing to gain from that, that's just idiotic.
I've had my mother say to me "You're not going out like that", and I told her it's what I like and that I won't take off my eyeliner. I'm not being rebelious at all, I was doing what made me feel comfortable. Life is meant to be lived happily, thats why people strive to improve they're lifes, so why let society stop you? So I do what I want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Don't tell me i'm fooling myself just because you don't understand.

Seņor Nobody
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
You are wrong (about me it least). There are people who go through things that make them different then others. Changing they're views about life, other people, and how they feel.

I said I dont care because there is no one in my life that can make me feel bad about myself. Why would I lie to myself? I have nothing to gain from that, that's just idiotic.
I've had my mother say to me "You're not going out like that", and I told her it's what I like and that I won't take off my eyeliner. I'm not being rebelious at all, I was doing what made me feel comfortable. Life is meant to be lived happily, thats why people strive to improve they're lifes, so why let society stop you? So I do what I want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Don't tell me i'm fooling myself just because you don't understand.
Yea, like that guy said^.^;

DemonToaster
05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Not really. Just a little.

Sadie
05-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I used to i got over it, i think of it as something you grow out of. I find it easier to be perfecly honest and forward with people. Its like if you dont like me dont talk to me, i cant be bothered with false friends, or people stabbing me in the back. I think everyone hits a certain age where they figure out who they are and finally say "ok, this is me, now cut the drama!"

darkfire01
05-01-2006, 07:34 PM
i don't care what ppl think about what i wear. if they're so caught up in the fasion and what other ppl are wearing then they obviously have too much times on their hands or they want to impress everyone with their looks.

German_Sniper9
05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I Usally Dont Mind What People Say
But Somethings, get into my head
and make me rather mad at them or
make me hate myself...
theres this girl at school.. she's lieing
to teachers & students to make me look
bad...and what she's telling them that i did
it highly illengal... and its making me mad because
people are believing her and not believing me
and this could hurt my friendship with people..
x.x it sucks..........
but overall, i dont care what people think of me

[Boolean]
05-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Something to add:

When someone on a forum thinks I'm a mean user when I'm only trying to give friendly advice.

____
05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
No, I don't a whole lot. I mean, what's the point? If that is what they think, then so be it.

ADIO
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
no I don`t really care.

Kishiro
05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
You hipsters sure showed me. What was I thinking.

I forgot that the youth of today had no feelings, nor concerns.

j00 @ll rawk HxC!

Hey, think about this. If you have to take the time to tell me so bad that you don't care what others think-- doesn't that just negate your little speech? I mean, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have posted at all, right? Because even posting once to say that you don't care, means you care enough to let us know that you supposedly don't.

This house, is clean. XD

_allismine_
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey, think about this. If you have to take the time to tell me so bad that you don't care what others think-- doesn't that just negate your little speech? I mean, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have posted at all, right? Because even posting once to say that you don't care, means you care enough to let us know that you supposedly don't.

This house, is clean.BURN.
XD
Kishiro just PWNed all y'all. And technically me too. xP

Ah, classic. Good stuff, good stuff.

Kishiro
05-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I do what I can. XD

Lately, that chances to own and make jokes is just great. I feel like a farmer in a never ending orchard.

Devilstears
05-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Hey, think about this. If you have to take the time to tell me so bad that you don't care what others think-- doesn't that just negate your little speech? I mean, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have posted at all, right? Because even posting once to say that you don't care, means you care enough to let us know that you supposedly don't.I had nothing better to do XD
Perhaps I just wanted the post.

I decided to back up what I said, I didn't feel I had to I just did.
So your saying if someone says that I'm lying to myself that I should say nothing because saying something means I care? I can still stick up for myself, makes me feel like i've accomplished something =)

If i'm told i'm lying, I have to prove i'm not for myself. It's self satisfying.

It's better to say something then nothing at all. And I had the time.
I'm only speaking for myself, and no one else.

hatoko_hinata
05-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Do you care what others think about you? I mean that as in your apperance. I would say That I don't care, But that would be a lie. I always think, I don't give a [removed] about what they say. But, If I think about it, It's only natral for me to care. I don't know anyone that doesn't care at all. There may be a few humans that don't care at all, But I feel that most people do. It may be unknowingly.. They may spend 300 dollors for clothes and know they only care about how they look. I just relized that I unknowingly care... So, I wanted to know how many people say that they don't care? And how many people acknowledge the fact that the DO care....
As for me... I don't really care about what others think about me. I'm proud to be myself and I wouldn't ever want to exchange lives with others. For I love what I am, I don't care how I look like cause for me the appearance of a person is not important rather the attitude and temper.

Kit Katy
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
sometime yes and sometimes no. It depends if there talking about me.
People think weird things of me and i quit honestly can't help but care about what they think. Most of the time what people think of me is followed up by rumors.

kiakun
05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
no i dont care what people think if its a rumor ill accept it if its true and ignore if its fake but all to gether i dont care

iluvkyo^_^
05-26-2006, 03:26 PM
If I like them, friendship or romatically, then yes. For my friends and potential boyfriends, I do my best to impress. But I really don't have to for friends. Let me give my wise words for all the questioning frightened children out there. If your friends are constantly putting you down, being embarrassed of you, or acting like they're better than you, they are not your friends. It's ok to feel the need to impress people; practically everyone I know does! The only exception being my mom. Gee, what's that say? ;)

[BlackDeath]
05-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I couldn't give a damn what people think, let them think what they think. It's their opinion after all.

Piper
05-27-2006, 07:29 AM
You hipsters sure showed me. What was I thinking.

I forgot that the youth of today had no feelings, nor concerns.

j00 @ll rawk HxC!

This house, is clean. XDI'm pretty sure that's not the type of "care", she was referring to when she made this topic. It's not so much if you care, but rather if you care about judgment from others.

Because honestly, I love the attention, so being completely original and out of the ordinary, is very fun, and I for one am far from caring what people think of me.

I also hold hands with my best friend, who happens to be a guy, and yes he's gay. Does it mean we're dating? Nope. Do most people think we are? Yup. Do we care? Nope.

<3

water_Demon_girl
05-27-2006, 08:11 AM
I really dont' care what people think about me. People have their opinions and I really don't care. If someone says they hate what I am wearing. then I will say 'Should I care' or if someone says they like what i am wearing I will respect them and say 'thanks'.

ichorous
05-27-2006, 01:06 PM
um, when it comes to clothes, I'm quite indifferent of what people think. My main goal is to look like myself, and I'm rather vain.
When it comes to looks, though, it depends on who's talking. If it's a random idiot, I couldn't care less, but if it's a friend telling me my nose is squishy or something, I will get a complex about it and fuss over it until I forget about it.
Also- how do you handle compliments? >.<;; insults are easy- you just throw in a snappy remark and sass away, but random compliments? "Thanks" -big smile-?
Ugh, this is a big problem of mine -.-;;

Toughfairy101
05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
I would care about what people think of me. They might think I am weird if I try to help people, cheer them up. or put a smile on their face. They are only jelous because I care for others!!!!!!

sheenafan1000
05-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Most of the time I couldn't care less. I mostly just ignore the bad and remember the good. And seek revenge when it is bad! XD

love
05-27-2006, 06:40 PM
What people think doesn't really bother me......hence I have no real friends.:D

Kishiro
05-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not the type of "care", she was referring to when she made this topic. It's not so much if you care, but rather if you care about judgment from others.

Because honestly, I love the attention, so being completely original and out of the ordinary, is very fun, and I for one am far from caring what people think of me.

I also hold hands with my best friend, who happens to be a guy, and yes he's gay. Does it mean we're dating? Nope. Do most people think we are? Yup. Do we care? Nope.

<3Caring is caring Pipe. Don't you care what your best friend thinks about you? I know I do. And mine is now 3000 miles away, and closer to Aeris geographically than she is to me.

And actually, I can definitely relate on the whole hand holding thing, and the misconception that we were dating. That rumor went around a lot about her and I back in school.

When Vendetta asked whom cares about what others think of them, I believe that DOES include people you care about and are close to, as well as strangers that try to figure you out and pre judge you just by looks and hear say.

Piper
05-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Caring is caring Pipe. Don't you care what your best friend thinks about you? I know I do. And mine is now 3000 miles away, and closer to Aeris geographically than she is to me.

And actually, I can definitely relate on the whole hand holding thing, and the misconception that we were dating. That rumor went around a lot about her and I back in school.

When Vendetta asked whom cares about what others think of them, I believe that DOES include people you care about and are close to, as well as strangers that try to figure you out and pre judge you just by looks and hear say.Heh, actually. I'm very selfish, and very hard headed and stubborn, some even think of me as arrogant. But do I care what friends and family think? To a certain extent, but will it stop me from doing what I want? Nah. If people cared, they'd stop doing what they wanted for other people. I do it regardless.

Vash the Flash
05-28-2006, 03:09 AM
I really don't care, what they think of me in the sense of how I dress, or do things the way I do, I usually note there opinion and be done with it. But when someone is having a family issue, computer issue, or just need someone to listen then I do care.