PDA

View Full Version : The point of life..

hybridInuyasha
04-21-2006, 09:49 AM
i can only wonder why would people live on this earth only to die...sometimes a slow and painful death...

Martherus
04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Lol I was thinking the same today ^^
But I don't think that people live to die..
I think everybody has a meaning here..
Maybe.. to help other people?
Hmm.. yeah, that's a question..

lorie
04-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I cant seem to find an answer for this question no matter how hard i think. But my motto is 'live the best life you can, one where you have respect and morals for yourself. And of course enjoy yourself.'

3BladeDemoness
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
To me the point of life and existance is to 'live'.
The only reason to live is to die?
What is that.. If the only reason we were put on this world is to die, then we would never be here in the first place.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
04-21-2006, 11:39 AM
hmmm....maybe the reason we're here is to live in God's glorious Earth and then one day return to Him...

or... we are a sad creation of meaningless life cursed to wander this planet we'll only destroy.

just my thoughts......v.v

Sadie
04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Life is a terminal disease. pleasant way to think of it. :)

Aru Elric
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, I think you live to die. But it's the point of what you make of it, I guess. If you live it like you're wanting to die, then that'll be your point, like that's what your life will be worth.

But if you live life like you actually like this life that you're living, you will have a point in life.

Does that make sense? Mwa, too early in the morning. -_-;

Kono-Chan
04-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Life what is life.
What do we know as life?
Is there a god who created us only to live and to die?
Is this the truth?
Truth what is truth?
What do we know as truth?
Is truth even importent?
Is what we thinck of truth only lies?

It keeps going on like that. its my qustion for life. In a way my way of seeing things.

FlashD
04-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, I think you live to die. But it's the point of what you make of it, I guess. If you live it like you're wanting to die, then that'll be your point, like that's what your life will be worth.

But if you live life like you actually like this life that you're living, you will have a point in life.

Does that make sense? Mwa, too early in the morning. -_-;
Actually it does make sense O_o;;

The point of life can be interpreted in many ways, it just depends of the person:

If we choose the scientific way we need to closely look at the planet's evolution process. There we can find that every single life form since the beginning of the evolution has in common two things. The first one is fighting for survival and the second one is the ability to reproduce itself. Basicly, this could mean that the meaning of life is to live your life (and if needed fight for it) until you contribute to the expansion of your own kind. If we choose an example of the spider life form, we notice that when the male spider impregnate the female, she eats the male, because he's not needed anymore alive, but his body is a good nutrition for the female and her eggs. Until then the spider fight like crazy to survive. We can use the same logic for humans too. If we look closely, we can see males always looking for a new partner and females always being sexually excited. I don't need to tell how notice that. -_-;;
From this we could say that the nature law about expanding your own kind is also the meaning of life for all living beings, humans included.

Then we also have different religion's ways. Some religions around the world are about praising their own Gods. They teach you mainly about God's will and how you should live to satisfy him/her (to buy yourself a place in the highest places in heaven). The most believing people follow his/her teachings and make this their reason of life.

The last one is the person's view of life which can't be included in the other two above. For some people the meaning of life is for example killing and they do it until somebody stops them. Nobody actually ask them, nobody force them, something is just telling them they must do it. Another example could be becoming the president of a state and you get obsessed and follow this dream until death comes after you.

I believe that there aren't any actual meanings of life, but you can choose the path you want. You can choose to make as many kids as possible with as many women as possible, close yourself in a monastery, annihilate all mankind or just follow and do your best to make your dreams come true, it's your own decision. Humans have the ability to think and bypass all the insticts, forget about religion and choose their own path. Everyone have their own way to live and the goal they choose in life is also their reason of life.

Guilty Gear
04-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Its kinda scary that you know your going to die on this earth. And the only thing I think about is will I make it to heaven. The point of life I cant explain I know im just hear for a reason.

akiko_kalla
04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
いきていると言うこと。。。 Well, my first response is we come here to learn and experience. To me, the point of life isn't found in great deeds or far travels; it's found in the little things that make life worth living. The fact that no matter how horrible the world may seem or how difficult my life feels, I can still feel the breeze upon my face, I can still scream with frustration or excitement, my imagination can take me to any place I desire, I can feel so happy and so sad, and knowing that no matter what I feel like I can still make someone else's day a little better just by existing...these are the things that make life worth experiencing.

Dark Lord
04-21-2006, 03:50 PM
You dont live to die, you live to live. Have fun with it. Do something to improve humanity if It makes you feel good. People dont live to die. Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time. Before you die. Enjoy your time here. Remember though: there are other worlds than this.

Faceless111
04-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Everybody should find their own meaning of life. I don't think it's one solid answer for the human race. Unless, of course, you just look at it as life is just another step in evolution.

"Life is a sexual transmitted disease." -Anonymous

Sayoran
04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
The meaning of life is to reproduce; to continue the survival of our species - every aspect of all living things is to be born, reproduce and die.

What you do with the rest of your life is up to you ^^;

Princely Dreaming Doll
04-21-2006, 04:20 PM
To me the meaning of life is just a mere hallucination. You're not really living you are just meerly entertaing someone. Entertaining the dead. People want to watch you suffer so in the end they create human puppets. Making them belive that they are alive when they really aren't, making them think everythings is going to be okay when it is not, making them think that they'll die peacefully when they aren't going to.
To me life is death and death is life.

akiko_kalla
04-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Perhaps the more important question is not what is the point of life, but what is it to live?

Eris
04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
The meaning of life is to become der übermensch, to get rid of the shackles that is humanity and rise beyond it's weakness, towards a new and superior species.

animeglobe
04-21-2006, 06:35 PM
actually life means to live with great expectations and fulfill all things that god wanted us to do then die happily.

Marie2007
04-22-2006, 04:18 PM
There's more to the Poinmt of Life then you think but there are different points of life for different people but really the Point of Life is whatever you think is the point of life there really isn't a correct point of life

Bucky Katt
04-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Point of life?
Well, I don't really know what to think; there are so many points, really. I believe that the point of life to help do something for the earth. And then we die. But then, when the world ends, we will begin life anew on the real Earth that was meant to be for us and commune with God.
That's my point in life.

Vendetta
04-22-2006, 08:07 PM
We live here, so we can creat e things, So the next generation can enjoy them. For those who believe in 'god' You could say, Goid got bored... So, he decided to make humans, to preoccupy himself. But, because I'm athiest, We are here to bring hell or happiness, we are here to die... simple...there is NO reason to be in existance, no wonder why I don't want to live....

BoldMushroom
04-22-2006, 08:18 PM
In the long run, it's not something that concerns me. Maybe, when I die, the answer will be revealed. If not, I'll have hopefully lived a long, fulfilling life, and I won't regret not knowing the answer.

It's a fun thing to think about, though.

_allismine_
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Simple.

The meaning of life is to leave this world in a better condition than you found it.

That's all.

Aisu Hinate
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
We live here, so we can creat e things, So the next generation can enjoy them. For those who believe in 'god' You could say, Goid got bored... So, he decided to make humans, to preoccupy himself. But, because I'm athiest, We are here to bring hell or happiness, we are here to die... simple...there is NO reason to be in existance, no wonder why I don't want to live....Hehe... god got bored. That's what I always thought too. I'm not an athiest though. But I'm not like one of those people who are like "god is the center of everything and we have to base our life around him". In fact, I've never been in a church my whole life!

Ichigo_30382
04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
The meaning of life is to reproduce; to continue the survival of our species - every aspect of all living things is to be born, reproduce and die.

What you do with the rest of your life is up to you ^^;
yeah, I agree with you, the meaning of life is to reproduce, our world can not survive with out living people ^_^
so I think that the meaning of life is to reproduce

Lunamaria
04-24-2006, 01:54 AM
I can't say I know, I mean, everyone can practically disagree. I've always been wondering too. And then, when I was wondering that, I fell off my bike. I stared at all this before me and asked myself, "Why am I here?". But I believe we're all here for some purpose that's right in front of us yet we can't see it. Hmm, I'm gonna give some hard thought about this.

pab
04-24-2006, 05:32 AM
the meaning of life is to spread the word about God and tehn one day hell come and ppl will live for ever and be happy.

u dont have to belive it but dont critisize it

Trinity Muse
04-24-2006, 06:08 AM
In my view, the meaning of life is to reproduce, like other said. And I disagree with the those, who think that people live to die.

ZG~

Coda
04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I belive we are here to live.Every one has a purpose on this planet. Some may be more important than others but that doesn't matter.God gave us life to live, not to die.

Aisu Hinate
04-24-2006, 09:21 PM
OH OH OH! On FMA they give a good explanation. We are put on this Earth. If someone dies, nothing in the world changes, everyone just goes on with their life. But if nobody was in the world, then their would be no world. When we die, the nutrients in our bodies feed plants. Then (lets say) a cow comes annd eats the grass and then we eat the cow. So, like on FMA, "All is one. One is all."

Cat_Demon
04-24-2006, 09:38 PM
to live life to the fullest! ....honestly i have no idea....

Katrina_Survivor2
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM
The meaning of life is not something written in stone, just lying there for you to read and understand. There is no one purpose. Many people will take that in a negative way, but I see it in a very positive way. No meaning of life, eh? Fine, that just means you have to make your own meaning. And for many, it's just to have a good time with the time you have.