PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Book,Author and I need a Reason why too!

wind-wolf
04-16-2006, 08:24 PM
To anyone veiwing this thread whether they be newbie, common or visitor...
I wanna know the best Books and Authors so I can read from a Variety of New titles
so if any one replies you rock.

Here is some of my faves so you can read their books and tales too
(try and write your Author and stuff in this format please!)

PAUL COLLINS
the man has wrote many of my favourite books including:
The Jelindel Chronicals (e.g Dragonsight, Dragonlinks,DragonFang Wardragon)

CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI
Author of the world wide best selling Inheritence Trilogy, AKA Eldest and Eragon

DEBORAH ABELA
Author of Max Remy Super Spy all I can say is that I like a spy novel
e.g The Hollywood Mission, The Nightmare Vortex, The Venice Job

MEG CABOT
Gal who wrote the series Princess Diaries and the Mediator

NATSUKI TAKAYA
Every one who knows Fruits Basket knows this person. Author of the No.1 best selling Shojo Manga in America and creator of cute adorable Momiji

CORNELIA FUNKE
Author of some of my most favourite books she mostly writes Fantasy and encorperates real places in with her fiction like...
Dragon Rider
Theif Lord
Inkheart
Inkspell

JOHN FLANAGAN
Writer of the insperational "Ranger's Apprentice," which is curently heading off to it's fourth book.

SO that's my faves now name yours

RandomActs
04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Eragon-Christopher P.
Eldset-Christopher P.
because they have a lot of action it was very interesting from the begining to the end.

Knuffle Bunny
04-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Kathryn lasky is an okay author, she's written titles for the princess diaries series, and she also wrote the Gaurdians of Ga'Hoole. Right now i can't think of anyone you haven't named. I like Christopher Paolini's books, and Cornelia Funke is also good too. ^^

Bibi of the Blue Sea
04-16-2006, 08:53 PM
im gonna go with my all time favorite author : H.G. Wells.
his style and storylines are deep. his works really say a lot more than just sci fi.
i absolutely love "The Time Machine" since its filled with so much about human nauture and perserverance. his short stories are astonishing and deep. if you get a chance, try reading some of his greatest works: the time machine, the invisible man, war of the worlds, the island of dr. moreau, and his many short stories.

besides wells, there is "the hobbit" by none other than tolkien. such a wonderful tale and a lot better than LOTR (in my opinion)

next there is "all but my life" by gerda weissmann klein. a beautiful tale of survival during mankind's worst.

"the things they carried" by tim o'brian, another wonderful story to enjoy.

theres also hemmingway and terry brooks and many others...
i have so many favorite books and authors, it will take forever to list all of them...

Nomaci
04-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I just love these authors, most of them I happened upon by accident and I'm so glad I did! All of these authors are Sci-fiction or Fantasy.

Sara Douglass
I just love how she combines all sorts of mythology into the Troy Game Series (my favorite). The Wayfarer Redemption Series (which is actuially 2 trilogies combined into one) is definately worth the read! Actually I like all her books although my least favorite is The Crucible Series.
(follow link for more info: http://www.saradouglass.com/overview.html)

Isobelle Carmody
I have yet to read more of her stuff because it seems to be very hard to come by. The Series which I have read is Obernewtyn, but only up to Ashling.
(more books by Isobelle Carmody: http://www.sprint.net.au/~chomberg/ic.htm)

William Nicholson
The Wind on Fire Trilogy is the only thing I've read of his but it was most enjoyable!
(His website: http://www.williamnicholson.co.uk/05/index.asp)

Trudi Canavan
My lastest find and purely accidental! I saw the cover thought it looked good and it was! (Only one I've read so far is the Black Magician Trilogy)
(Her website: http://www.trudicanavan.com/index.php)

Melaine Rawn
Love the fact that her books are long! I can't really say much about her except for the fact that what I've read of her's so far is very promising!
(Her website: http://www.trudicanavan.com/index.php)

Orson Scott Card
I've only read the Ender Series, Shadow Saga and a few books of Homecoming (which is somewhat confusing, but after a while you get use to it!)
(His website: http://www.hatrack.com/)

Ai Yazawa
Just had to include her in here! I've only read two of her manga titles, Nana and Paradise Kiss. Both are so cute, a little sad at parts, but lovely!

A Wildflower
04-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Stephen King

I like the way he describes things in his book. Also on how he puts his story into place. His unique style on putting his characters through tragedies.

He has cruel ways of handling his main characters. There's no real way to put this for me. But I love his horror books. They're just entertaining. I never get bored of it.

I forgot. That's why I'm editing this part. I have no particular favorite book from him. Because I love them all.

akiko_kalla
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Melanie Rawn and Tolkien have been mentioned so...

I like Michelle West's Sun Sword books. It has magic and seers and the like, but the political world the characters exist in is rather complex and interesting. The underlying plot is demons trying to take over the world, but there are so many subplots going on you almost loose sight of that.

Another one is Robert Jordan. He is stretching the series a bit, but its world is very interesting to me. The histories of the people and the ancestory of the characters I enjoy as well as the overall plot. It's rather difficult to explain, but starting at the beginning is necessary to understand what is going on.

Jennifer Roberson also has some interesting books. Chronicles of the Cheysuli where there are three different races of people. The cheysuli are the children of the gods. Mostly males can morph into the shape of their lir (companion animal). Then there is a typical human race and another children of the gods race that worships the dark diety. This story also has a great deal of history/ethnic culture that has been woven into it.

Those are my suggestions off the top of my head.

Knight_of_NI
04-17-2006, 08:20 AM
All of J.R.R Tolkiens books. I am to lazy to list them all and I dont have time
to say why I like them.

Insolence
04-17-2006, 08:27 AM
well this is mine:

Orsen Scot Guard; Ender Wins

this is a Si-Fi book and the best one ever writen in the history of humanaty.. ^^

lorie
04-17-2006, 02:11 PM
lets see
FRANK HERBERT
he has very good books -if u like fantasy that is mostly DUNE SERIES is wat im talking about
dont read brian herberts -its kind of boring and gruesome
MEG CABOT
yeh she does write rely good books-she came to a function/trip of ours and read some passageto us it was interesting
JEAN URE
she rely does write good stuff though i cant find examples

[Boolean]
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Bleh. Hard to decide.

All of the samurai books by the Hooblers (as I call them). I like detective books and I like Japan. These books are the two glued into one.

Apologetics by who knows who and because I took a college level test on it. Funny thing is, I was in middleschool and I beat all of the highschool peeps. I got an award for it too! :sweatdrop

Entire Young Wizards series, by Diane Duane. It's a lot more complicated then stupid Harry Potter and includes scientific theories.

Magyk by Angie Sage. Yet again, better than Harry potter because I have more to relate to.

Sagat
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Best author: George Orwell

Best books by Orwell:

Animal Farm
Burmese Days

My favourite is 1984.

wind-wolf
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
ATTENTION I have discovered a new Author and she rocks if any of you have read "The Tower of Ravens," or 'The Witches of Eilien' series then you have read from Kate Forsyth she is sooooo awesome.
http://www.bookworm.com.au/bookworm/images/rh000931.jpg

And I forgot to mention another one before Eion Colfer ROX as well he wrote the Artimis Fowl series including i reckon the last. "The Opal Deception"
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0307243303.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

CuteStar
04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Favourite Book:All-American Girl,Teen Idol,etc.
Favourite Author:Meg Cabot(Author of the book's above)

Reason:Meg Cabot is,in my opinion,a very inspiring author.She writes wonderful books for young girls to read.She is the Author of the well-known book Princess Diaries.Her other book's include All-American Girl,Teen Idol,The Mediator and lots more.She is a very good role-model for young girls,Wishing to be a Princess someday.

Link-Kun
04-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Favorite book:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Favorite author:J.K Rowling (Author of all Harry Potter books)

Why:I like how she puts so much detail in her writing. I never get bored of the book because on every chapter something amazing happens. It also has a good plot. This is why I like her books.

Ayame_Sohma
04-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi

My Fave book is called Seducing Nell by Sandra Feild and its an Mills& Boon Book
I like it because it a book because it about a woman who never been in love or even been kissed and slowly u see how much she fall in love with this guy

Chaux
05-13-2006, 03:37 AM
uh.. christopher paolini, coz he is so young and he wrote my fave book, eragon!
heheh, i like fantasy books lol. ^^

Yzneftamz
05-13-2006, 05:24 AM
The classic, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. I read it long before the movies, and nowadays I remember it almost by heart. I'm not sure of the reasons I like it so much... One has to be that it was the book that introduced me to the fantasy genre.

There are so many other good books out there too, that the decision was actually quite difficult. But it's the one I thought of first, and that's why I picked it. And I'm not going to start cataloguing my other recommendations.

lorie
05-13-2006, 06:40 AM
There was some book callled mirror wakes but Ive forgotten the author.
I also discovered a new author. Darren shan. One of my friends read a book of his and she says it was really gruesome. I read it and it wasnt really.

Outsider
05-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I like Robert Jordan's wheel of time books ( I know nthey've been mentioned) they're very involving the characters and the world are very deep, but they are very long.
I also like the works of H.P. Lovecraft, I haven;t read all that many of his weird tales but those that I have read are excellent, I love 'The rats in the walls', and 'Herbert west: Reanimator' they're so well put together and deal ingeniously with insanity and the human mind.

Harada
05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
J.R.R. Tolkien! <- all, though sum are a bit boring...
Also Dan Brown, with The Da Dinci Code (a friend recommended it to me and i really like it) and J.D. Salinger with The Catcher in the Rye (from another friend :P it's one of my faves)
o well, and J.K. Rowling, with Harry Potter

^^ enjoy

seaturtle642
05-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Locked Doors by Blake Crouch, because I love to read thriller books.

The Kamigawa Series by Scott McGough, because it's a great fantasy series

Crimson Phoenix
05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Bryan Davis - Dragons in our Midst Bk4 - Tears of a Dragon.
Its undoubtedly a christian novel, and you really have to read the first three to get the whole picture, but I love the action scenes and the Arthur legeds that it brings new perspective on.

Masali
05-13-2006, 01:07 PM
"1984" George Orwell. Probably my fav, or one of them.

lorie
05-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Found a new one. Philip Pullman. Like the series of 'Northern Lights' ec. and Sally Lockhart series.

Eris
05-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Author: Nietzsche.
Book: Human, all too human.
Why? This, for an instance:

Perhaps one can warn even more strongly against having pity for the unfortunate if one does not think of their need for pity as stupidity and intellectual deficiency, a kind of mental disorder resulting from their misfortune (this is how La Rochefoucauld seems to regard it), but rather as something quite different and more dubious. Observe how children weep and cry, so that they will be pitied, how they wait for the moment when their condition will be noticed. Or live among the ill and depressed, and question whether their eloquent laments and whimpering, the spectacle of their misfortune, is not basically aimed at hurting those present. The pity that the spectators then express consoles the weak and suffering, inasmuch as they see that, despite all their weakness, they still have at least one power: the power to hurt. When expressions of pity make the unfortunate man aware of this feeling of superiority, he gets a kind of pleasure from it; his self-image revives; he is still important enough to inflict pain on the world. Thus the thirst for pity is a thirst for self-enjoyment, and at the expense of one's fellow men. It reveals man in the complete inconsideration of his most intimate dear self, but not precisely in his "stupidity," as La Rochefoucauld thinks.

bakakame
05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Book as in a fictional novel of some kind, I guess....

Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

Out of all books I've ever read (all 5 of them... or so)

The Physics of Star Trek - Lawrence M. Krauss

Yea..... I don't read much.

Lord of the rings because it is the best, and well practically only fictional novel I've read. Star Trek because it is one of the most interesting books I've ever read, since I assume I can't add in text books of any kind.

Darth Tyranus
05-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Book as in a fictional novel of some kind, I guess....

Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

Out of all books I've ever read (all 5 of them... or so)

The Physics of Star Trek - Lawrence M. Krauss

Yea..... I don't read much.

Lord of the rings because it is the best, and well practically only fictional novel I've read. Star Trek because it is one of the most interesting books I've ever read, since I assume I can't add in text books of any kind.You realize star trek is fictional too I hope.

My favorite author by far is Alodous Huxley, thanks to a brave new world I actually started to enjoy reading more than web sites.

Shinji Mimura
05-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Darren Shan
After reading his vampire ones I could not actually get into any other books.

Anne Rice
I find her vampire novels brilliant. I just want to read every single one, and not just once. :D

uzumaki
05-14-2006, 04:10 PM
My favorite book would have to be The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer because its a great and interesting scfi book.

termed
05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Fav book-The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. A classic, once you get used to the language its a very good story.
Fav Author(s)- J.K. Rowling I would have chose Mark Twain but Twain's can be hard to understand

Dr.McDoom!
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Author: Sven Hasel
Books: Empire of Hell; Legion of the Inferno
Reason: *nazi salutes* Heit Sven!

Author: Sun Tzu
Books: The Art of War
Reason: This is a forbidden book mwahahahaha!!! (so, let your children read it!)

Eris
05-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Author: Sun Tzu
Books: The Art of War
Reason: This is a forbidden book mwahahahaha!!! (so, let your children read it!)

Who forbade it?

Draconocturn
05-14-2006, 05:15 PM
My favorite authors as of now:

George R.R. Martin
I came upon him in highschool. An ex gave me a book of short stories called the SKin Trade and Martin's was the title story. I also enjoy the Song of Ice and Fire series. I am up to the fourth book, A Feast for Crows. So far he has been an avid read. I finished two thousand plus page books in three days. His characters are believable, the world they live in could have been this one in the earlier centruries.

Stephen King
My all- time favorites by this wonderful man are the books in the Dark Tower Series. If you haven't read it, you need to. It is more than awesome. It isn't all horror, its action, adventure, suspense, and a little romance if you like that sort of thing. I am SOOOOO glad he finished it. Downside however, there are a lot of books that Mr. King has written that make frequent references to the DT series, so if you haven't read it, then you probably are missing out on some interesting background for one of the most notorious characters in the series, one Randal Flagg. heh heh heh

Alan F. Troop
He is the author of the Dragon Delasangre series. I love these books because I adore dragons and he gives them a place in modern society that is completely plausible. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.

Barb and J.C. Hendee
Co-Authors of the Noble Dead series which is about a Dhampir named Magiere, her friend the half-elf Leesil and his dog Chap. I like these books because they have a lot of action going on on both sides and there is more to learn about Magiere and her crew with each chapter. Trust me, their secrets are both frightening and awesome at the same time. The vamps are the bad guys as usual, but they are pretty interesting in themselves.

Brian Lumley
Author of the Necroscope series. I have read only three books in this series so far, but they were good enough to make me want more. As in the Series above, the vamps are the bad guys... cruel and cold, blood thirsty a-holes without conscience. Yeah! The hero is a guy named Harry Keogh who has the power to speak to the dead, who adore and respect him so much that they even rise from their graves to defend him. He also has the ability to move through the spacetime continum, using it like a teleportation system. How cool is that?

Christopher Golden
Though he has written an obscene amount of fanficition, my faves are in the comic book/graphic novel realm. His contributions to the Hellboy and X-Men worlds are the stuff the best daydreams are made of. He doesn't take away from the foundations that have already been laid, he builds on them to such heights, one is likely to suffer vertigo trying to come back down. Heh heh heh.

Well these are they, for now...

Dr.McDoom!
05-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Who forbade it?
Nobody particular, you just don't find it in libraries.

Eris
05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Nobody particular, you just don't find it in libraries.

You can read it online, amongst other places if you like. So it's not really -that- hard to acquire. Just google for something along the lines of Art of war sun tzu and you will find a bunch of translations.

I mean, a lot of libraries probably don't have Nietzsche's works either. Even though it's highly questionable from a democratic point of view to censor which points of views are represented in libraries, it happens.

Kira_yamato69
05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
"David Drake" "The Dragon Lord" because it is a really awsome book I mean the story line is just great and it I dunno got to me lol!

miaka yuki
05-16-2006, 01:31 AM
mine is

J. K. Rowling
the author of Harry Potter

Dan brown
the author of
Da Vinci Code
Angels And Demons

Hans Christian Andersen
author of many classic children's book
little mermaid
ugly duckling

Marie2007
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King because I love the heroic and horror of the gunslinger and his followers

Blackwaltz
05-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Stephen King- His books are super freaky and graphic. My fav book of his is The Shinning.

Eoin Colfer- His Artemis Fowl books are cool and funny. My fav is The Eternity Code.

Dean Koontz-Koontz likes to trick his readers into thinking things while they read his books. My fave is Odd Thomas.

J. K. Rowling-Harry Potter rocks, that's all I have to say. Fav is The Goblet of Fire.

Garth Nix-The Seventh Tower series is still my favorite series. Second Garth fav is Shades Children.

Dan Brown- Have read all of his books which all incorporate a sudden twist every five pages. Fav is Angels and Demons.

BlU3
05-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Haha I totally forgot about You Don't Know Me by David Klass. Very unique, if you ask me. ^,~ I especially love the parts about "Lashasa Palulu". That was really... interesting and very much funny. ^^

EvoGenesis
05-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Raymond E Feist: all of the 23 and counting books in his Midkemia based series, why? because this would have to be one of the best fantasy novel series ever, ive read all 23 books several times over, way better than tolkiens. First book of the series "Magician"
http://www.raymondfeistbooks.com/

Traci Harding: The Ancient Future Trilogy, and the Celestial Triad Trilogy ~ why? her awe inspiring Fantasy/si-fi will blow your mind away, one of the best reads of my life. First book "The Ancient Future"
http://www.voyageronline.com.au/traciharding/books/index.htm

Anne Rice: The Vampire Chronicles, all 15+, lost track of how many there are^^ Why? easily the best vampire books out there. first book "Interview With A Vampire"
(the movies do the books no justice)
http://www.annerice.com/

Tad Williams: "The Otherland" series, and "War Of The Flowers" Why?
"The Otherland" is an awsome si-fi series based on futuristic virtual reality (being able to jack a plug straight into your central nervous system gives new meaning to plug n play^^)
"War Of The Flowers" is a great stand alone book based in the realm of faeries but with a dramatic twist.
http://www.tadwilliams.com/war_of_flowers.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland

I'll leave it at that for now ^.^
Happy reading!

Bitteryellowrose
05-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I jsut love TreeGirl it's an awosme book the details of the story maaaan they are scary and it does makes you cry

DemonToaster
05-18-2006, 12:00 PM
The third book in the Hitchhiker's Guide series: Life, The Univers, And Everything. By Douglas Adams. It's a funny book. It says in order to fly, you must become distracted while falling.

ichorous
05-18-2006, 01:33 PM
er. so many *-*
I'm a big fana of Russian writers, and Dostojevskij is my favourite. His books creates a mood, the plot is always strong, almost forceful, but not heavy. The characters are spectacular.

I also like Willy Kyrklund, whom I'm pretty sure only Swedes have heard of. Nevermind, he's brilliant- his language and style is somewhat old-fashioned, but not mouldy, and the brutal honesty he uses in the thought process and description of the characters is both amusing and refreshing.

...and that would be my favs. I think. I'll have to edit this one if I can think of anyone else.

Number_the_Stars
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Albert Camus- "The Plague", I can relate to what he says and it's very deep and thought-provoking......

Ying_Midnight
05-27-2006, 06:19 AM
christopher paolini

eragon n eldest
i like these two books b/c there were very adventerous n violent at the same time.

shougo amakousa
05-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Oscar wilde :

All his works actually.my favourite one is "The Potrait Of Dorian Gray".well lets see i like it because it portrays the true form of a cynic and cynicsm(sp?).it has a lot of controversy and the ending is really contradictory.
I like Oscar wilde for many reasons.One of them is that i agree with his opinon of cynics.Also his writing is perfection and beauty and suits my taste.Also his comedies are really good too.Some other of my favourites :
Importance of being earnest
Woman of no improtance
The nightingale and the rose(laugh all you want i still like it>_>)
Salome
Star child
I cant list all.so thats about it.^_^

_Anonymous_
05-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Francesca Lia Block--Violet and Claire.
I like it because it reminds me of me and my best friend; and what I think will end up happening to us. She also wrote many other good books; Wasteland, Rose and the Beast, Echo, and more that I can't seem to remember right now >.<

.mystic
05-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Anita blake vampire hunter novel series. Ive read the first book - Guilty pleasures and now reading the laughing corpse. I have all 12 books.

I like these since they are really fun and exieting to read. i also like vampires *shifty eyes* =)

Ying_Midnight
05-28-2006, 04:36 AM
Lemony Snickets .....his series......series of unfortunate events

Sifter
05-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Well, I have a million favorite authors so I'll just list my top 5 and my favourite books that they have written.

Eoin Colfer:
All of his books are filled with awsome descripions and real places, I love his sense of imagination
-Artemis Fowl -
(Original book) - bk 1
The Artic Incident - bk 2
The Eternity Code - bk 3
The Opal Deception - bk 4
-The Superalnaturalist
-The Wish List

Marianne Curley:
This trilogy is amazing, between travelling back in time to real historic events to save the future and all the drama and action I can't believe the way she ended it. Anyway I love her creative thinking
-Guardians of Time -
The Named - bk 1
The Dark - bk 2
The Key - bk 3

C.S.Lewis:
From the ending of one world to the beginning of another C.S.Lewis tells his story with a mix of both reality and fantasy. I was thrilled to find out that they finally made a movie based on his second book
-The Chronicles of Narnia -
The Magicians Nephew - bk 1
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - bk 2
The Horse and His Boy - bk 3
Prince Caspin - bk 4
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - bk 5
The Silver Chair - bk 6
The Last Battle - bk 7

Shakespeare:
One of my favorite playwrites (well I guess he'd write plays not books, oh well) of all time. What he writes can affect anyone of any age. His plays are filled with action and romance, plus they all have that underlying message that he tries to show you. I just love his writting.

And to finish off my long rant of authors and books I will state the most ashaming author that I totally love; J.K.Rowling.There, I said it, I just can't help myself, I love the way that she makes Harry's life and problems jump right off the page and how they fill your imagination, I can't gat enough.

Wow, that was really long!

_Anonymous_
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
And to finish off my long rant of authors and books I will state the most ashaming author that I totally love; J.K.Rowling.There, I said it, I just can't help myself, I love the way that she makes Harry's life and problems jump right off the page and how they fill your imagination, I can't gat enough.
Totally. I love the feel of the books as well :p

Ying_Midnight
05-30-2006, 07:57 AM
c.s. lewis
the narnia series

FireFlareC
05-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Books

okay fav author is terry prachett, the entire discworld series. i love funny, fantasy rich people.
then J.K Rowling- we all know why
And then well, Sherrylon Kenyon - not telling why you'll just have to read her books to find out.

Usagi18
05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
The NightSide series, and Blue Moon Rising series by Simon R. Green. He puts magic, comedy, and just a tad bit of romance all together in one big adventure that keeps you on the edge till the very end.

Ying_Midnight
05-31-2006, 12:30 PM
the unseen series (four books only)
by richie tankersley cusick

inuyasha_lover7089
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
junie b jones barbara park

Cait Sith rules
06-26-2006, 04:17 PM
My favorite book is The Rangers Apprentice because it has rangers in it!

Pahuljica
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Dostoevsky - Crime and Punshment
Dostoevsky - Karamazo Brothers
Why? Because his book are so deep and you can find in any of his book and i've founde myself in these 2
Edgar Allan Poe - Poetry
Why? Cause he's an amazing poetry writer and i read his poems whenever i have time.
and i also like Charles Dickens, Lord Byron, sisters Bronte, Victor Hugo, and of course brother Grimm Fairy tales

Ami~chan
06-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Where do I begin?

Truman Capote - In Cold Blood was a page-turner. I couldn't put it down once I started. Very well-written, and deserves every bit of praise it gets.

C.S. Lewis - Sure, the Narnia books were great, but I fell in love with The Screwtape Letters. Definately a change of perspective, and very funny.

I can't remember who wrote Lord of the Flies at the moment; still, one of the best and most disturbing books I've ever read. An insight at how much of an animal humans really are.