PDA

View Full Version : Were you mistaken as a wrong gender?

LittleMomo
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I was, long time ago, they thought I was a girl, finally they realized I was a guy. ^-^ Just because I'm a happy guy, doesn't mean that I'm a girl. Well, anyone had this?

Masali
04-13-2006, 12:37 PM
only once, Aki-chan once mistook me for a girl. Fortunately, that was all straightened out.

~Vash The Stampede~
04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
just about everyone thinks im a guy...i guess they don't listen much...

Capernicus
04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Ah....well I'm a bit confusing. I talk about my ex boyfriend, and my new female love interest, etc. I think maybe I confuse people. Male username, girl sig/avy. I'm just generic. >.<

Chaos_Hell_Angel
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
When I had long hair that came over my shoulder, some people thought I was girl from behind!

YaiiShi°
04-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Hmmm.. no I never had that.. O__O Guess you can see I'm a girl.. ^^

German_Sniper9
04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
well i was at the mall and i was walking and this little girl ran up and hugged my leg and yelled "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!"
o.o at this point i yell out "AHHHH!!!"

<.< come on who mistakes a person for there mom.. when there a guy??

pyrothunder336
04-13-2006, 01:33 PM
People use to think I was a girl when I first joined but not anymore.

Kira_yamato69
04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
OMg There was this one guy of clubbleach his name is Dragonblade and no one new if he was a guy or girl he just would not give in to what he was lol it was kinda funny!

Eris
04-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Does it matter?

Han
04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Does it matter?Yes, it does.
People always think I'm a guy, and that, my friend, makes my heart ache.

Dark Donye
04-13-2006, 02:16 PM
People thought I was a girl untill they took a closer look at me. Just because of my name.

My name does not belong to a girl. Its mine.

Eris
04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, it does.
People always think I'm a guy, and that, my friend, makes my heart ache.

You're not???

(how could i resist?)

Lilium Filix
04-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Nope, I can't say I've been mistaken as a boy.
I think it's pretty clear that I am female, ^~

~The Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

Crimson Phoenix
04-13-2006, 02:30 PM
well I had someone mistake me for thier AUNT once...... my biggest pronblem was that it was my niece! at least she had the right relationship distance... but I'm her UNCLE not her AUNT ... man that was wierd

Daenerys
04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
OH YEAH. HAhaha I totally forgot you were a guy.

I remember having a talk with you and a couple other people and you were like "Damnit! I'm a guy!"

Chibi Goku
04-13-2006, 02:49 PM
lol the only person who thought i was a girl was Kurumirina, He added me on msn then said ''You are a girl right?'' XD very odd moment.

Astalle
04-13-2006, 03:02 PM
It's only happened once or twice with me. Thought it was kinda funny when they did say that though ^.^;

Keyasaffection
04-13-2006, 03:04 PM
i dont know....Does anyone think or ever thougt im a boy???

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
A couple people have thought I am a women. Mostly old people, and mostly when I had shoulder length hair. I didn't care enough to correct them.

Boo
04-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah.had Long hair then....only my freinds knew what i was...Do you know? ^_^

Crimson Phoenix
04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
OH YEAH. HAhaha I totally forgot you were a guy.

I remember having a talk with you and a couple other people and you were like "Damnit! I'm a guy!" HOW can people mistake ME for being a girl? I just dont get it! They're always calling me a girl when look at me from the back, and in front.. well I wont repeat some of the things I've been called to mey face.

Beyond The Grave
04-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Because of my name...I've been mistaken for a guy too many times and still is mistaken TT_TT Cause I am a tomboy I can see where they would say that but still....when I say I am a girl they don't believe me and say I lie ><;

Gandizzl
04-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Marudashi thought I was a girl XD
Well... I guess my signatures can get people a bit confused sometimes.

Crimson Phoenix
04-13-2006, 04:18 PM
i dont know....Does anyone think or ever thougt im a boy??? tell ya what.. I'll answer your question if you answer mine first: is it good or bad if someone here thought you are guy?

DragonNight
04-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I think people still think im a guy..not sure though. I dont remember who it was but someone just said to me "DN, you're a chick?!"

Vandire
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I was mistaken for a girl once, though I'm not quite sure how.

Joined a forum, posted a "Hi, new guy here" type thing in the intros (with both that *and* my profile saying I'm male)

Yet, somehow, about a week down the line of everyone being extremely nice to me, I found out that they all thought I was female because I had a pink avatar. ...Why? just why?

Needless to say, after a small amount of confusion, and a large amount of shouting "Pink does *not* automatically equal female", they finally understood. Instead of learnign that simple fact, they just decided I had obviously deliberately tricked them. Much easier for them to understand. =)

Grognar
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
no i have never been mistaken for a wrong gender, although i do mistake other people quite a bit for the wrong gender
its kinda sad, yes i know, i have lots of problems when it comes to guessing and determining peoples genders online

Kishiro
04-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I've been mistaken for a girl a few times.

But, I don't think that'll happen anymore.

Grognar
04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I've been mistaken for a girl a few times.

But, I don't think that'll happen anymore.well seeming from the pictures that you have in your signature i dont think even the dumbest person alive would mistake you for a girl again
(thats a compliment if you were wondering)
:awe:

Sayoran
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmm... Yes I was once mistaken for a girl on chat *o_O* this guy got all pervy and started asking about my "booty" *o_O;*

anime OG
04-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Funny thing!! This never happend too me!!! LOL!!!!!

Grognar
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
ye si knwo what you mean you guys...
there are some things that arent meant to be said by other people to you
i was once stalked by a creepy old guy in a chatroom
thats why i never go back there again
he was asking me things like if i wanted to cyber
ewww....

_allismine_
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
i was once stalked by a creepy old guy in a chatroom
thats why i never go back there again
he was asking me things like if i wanted to cyber
ewww....I know what you mean! There was this one freak in a chatroom who kept bugging me to be his GF and asked me to move to Georgia with him! I even lied and said I already had a BF, but he goes 'so what? you can have me too.'. So I just left. I wish I called him a freak b4 I did, though. XD

ANYWAYS, back on topic. I get mistaken for a guy ALL THE TIME on message boards and forums because of my attitude and avatars. It's uber-annoying. I would have posted 'I'm a girl, damn it!' in my siggy...buuuut I don't seem to have enough room. ^^

Music Fiend
04-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Nope, not I. My hair is always either short, bald, or in afro form, so it would be hard to mistake me for a girl. Plus, I'm 6 feet tall, 200+ pounds, and my shoes are frickin' huge (almost time to move up to size 16, lol) ~ not many girls look like that. :<_<: Even when I was a skinny little weakling, no one thought I looked like a girl.

Ami~chan
04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Used to be mistaken for a guy all the time, but not so much anymore. I have a really unisex look to me; think of Shane from The L Word. Yeah ^^

I don't have a great figure, but my face looks girly if I put on makeup.

kvin469
04-14-2006, 05:49 AM
i've never been mistaken for a female..however i have mistaken a person or two

Ayame_Sohma
04-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Hello

i have been mistaken for a guy a few time not sure why :(

3BladeDemoness
04-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Uh never happened to me..

Piper
04-14-2006, 07:10 AM
LOL! Ooh.. Yes yes. I've been mistaken for female, quite a few times. Don't let the name fool ya'. >D Nor my signatures. This has only happened online though. As far as in person? I haven't had that problem since I was a little kid, and this boy in my school asked me "Are you a boy or a girl?", all jokes to the side, I got angry and I broke his crayola's.

_allismine_
04-14-2006, 07:48 AM
I haven't had that problem since I was a little kid, and this boy in my school asked me "Are you a boy or a girl?", all jokes to the side, I got angry and I broke his crayola's.Don't know why, but: XDDD. Was it a 10 or 64 pack? XDD
Sorry. I'm feeling very random today. Too much soda.

Keyasaffection
04-14-2006, 07:59 AM
tell ya what.. I'll answer your question if you answer mine first: is it good or bad if someone here thought you are guy?
bad....that is if you saw my face and thougt i was guy demo if here online its normal to be wrong about that stuff so......its both......

Ωmega
04-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Yes. Whne I was younger I played softball, so we had to tie back our hair. We took individual photos for our parents before a game, so my hair was tied back. I was also in a pose that looked like I was about to swing my bat, so my arm was covering my chest. My mom showed off the pic to her friends and they all thought I was a boy....I never pick up my hair again without leaving some loose strand in the front

shougo amakousa
04-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Hmm... Yes I was once mistaken for a girl on chat *o_O* this guy got all pervy and started asking about my "booty" *o_O;**falls over laughing*XD well people think i'm a guy all the time because of my user name and the worst part is girls flirting thinking i'm a guy-__-; i hate that.but most people once they start talking to me realise i'm a girl so i dont complain much.

Fiery
04-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I revel in my androgeny, thank you.

Ωmega
04-14-2006, 08:45 AM
*falls over laughing*XD well people think i'm a guy all the time because of my user name and the worst part is girls flirting thinking i'm a guy-__-; i hate that.but most people once they start talking to me realise i'm a girl so i dont complain much.Well, be happy people mistake you in chats, forums, etc (just online stuff) They didnt look directly at your picture and say 'what a cute son you have' like they did me

Keyasaffection
04-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes. Whne I was younger I played softball, so we had to tie back our hair. We took individual photos for our parents before a game, so my hair was tied back. I was also in a pose that looked like I was about to swing my bat, so my arm was covering my chest. My mom showed off the pic to her friends and they all thought I was a boy....I never pick up my hair again without leaving some loose strand in the front
lolz....i want to see that pic.......i bet its cute....^^

Ωmega
04-14-2006, 08:50 AM
lolz....i want to see that pic.......i bet its cute....^^bah..ok, Ill see if my mom still has the evil thing....but how is me looking like a boy cute?? O.o

Keyasaffection
04-14-2006, 08:58 AM
bah..ok, Ill see if my mom still has the evil thing....but how is me looking like a boy cute?? O.o

i really dont know i just seems that way.....^^

Crimson Phoenix
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
bad....that is if you saw my face and thougt i was guy demo if here online its normal to be wrong about that stuff so......its both...... well unfortunately here online it IS actually rather common to be mistaken for the opposite gender, I'm fairly certain that some people will STILL think I'm a girl, even though I'm not. You, personally I never thought you were a guy, afterall, I've talked to you lol

Krsnik
04-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes. I'm mistaken for a woman all the time, and do you know how frustrating that is? Do I look like a woman? Do I act like a woman? No. Why? Because of the colors I use in chat. People, i've decided, don't know any better until you smack them. Hard.

Crimson Phoenix
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes. I'm mistaken for a woman all the time, and do you know how frustrating that is? Do I look like a woman? Do I act like a woman? No. Why? Because of the colors I use in chat. People, i've decided, don't know any better until you smack them. Hard. what do you smack them with? I like the old baseball bat approach myself lol

Devilstears
04-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I was asked if I was a girl or a boy in 6th grade oO
I use to never wear hats because I looked like a girl. It least I dont have that problem anymore.

Annik
04-14-2006, 04:39 PM
O_o Yeah. I've been mistaken as a guy in real life and online many times. In real life the most recent was about a month ago, I think.

I managed to make an entire forum think I was male for one whole summer vacation. A gay one, at that. But even when I'm not encouraging it, it happens... I guess "Mr. Obvious" or "King of Band-Aids" help that along.

Kazuma-kun
04-14-2006, 05:50 PM
... I was mistaken for a female... IRL too... T^T It made me feel bad at the time... But now I don't care. ^ ^

yami hatake
04-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I think I was mistaken for a guy twice here...other than that...I don't think there was ever a third...but I think it's pretty obvious to know if I'm a girl..

Eris
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Argh, this is so frustrating, it's like when people don't think I'm a girl, they think I'm a guy.

Vendetta
04-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I believe I was once, maybe twice... But, not that often. I'm a girl, few people have thought me as a man. Now, my sig and custom user name makes it sure I'm a chick!

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
04-14-2006, 08:50 PM
x_X everyone at some point thinks im a guy because of my name

thing is, every Kurama ive seen on here, all of them are girls. i have yet to see a guy on a kurama name xD

Silver_Star_of_Darkness
04-14-2006, 09:20 PM
One of my friend’s parents always made his older sister cut her hair short until recently. Once when they were out a boy asked "Mom, why is the boy wearing a dress?" Since then they have let her have long hair.

Trinity Muse
04-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I think I've never been mistaken for a male. Well, maybe onece or twise on the forum. But in real life - no. I'm pure girly! xD pretty obvious, i think..

ZG~

skater2791
04-15-2006, 10:22 AM
nope....i believe everyone knows im a boy

The Wing Man
04-15-2006, 07:16 PM
When I was little i had really long hair and alot of people thought I was a girl, It was because of my mom.

animeglobe
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
IRL yes hehehe it was kinda funny because i had to dress like a boy because all my clothes were dirty so i stole my brothers baggy pants white t-shirt with the snowman on them that said. "i got that snow for ya". and i was walkin around at this store and three preppy girls was goin crazy and i was like. "umm i'm a girl just so you know" i poked my chest out. they were shocked and ran lol i had a few other times when that happen but yea.

.Alumina
04-15-2006, 07:24 PM
nope ive never been mistaken as a boy.....at least i hope not ^^;

battlecherry
04-15-2006, 09:39 PM
nah, so far everyone has treated me as a girl--and i'm glad for that since i am one

pab
04-15-2006, 11:53 PM
wen i was younger i used to talk like a girl in the phone.
now i talk like a he-she
so yes im confused with a girl often in the phone

Dark Lord Takegami
04-16-2006, 02:11 AM
People used to think I was a guy.. until I blurted out that I was female.
That was then followed by endless bashing by people who were "friends."

Since then, they have gotten over it .^^
And now, some have Forgotten about me being female. XD

Don't ask.
Don't tell.
XD