PDA

View Full Version : Recycling

Sakura Holic
04-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Here is a question for you...What does recycling mean to you?

Daenerys
04-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Absolutely nothing.

Except that this should be recycled.

lorie
04-13-2006, 05:57 AM
awwww
well i think recycling is very important but i rely dont understand how/wat they do to get it recycled
i might try it

Sayoran
04-13-2006, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure exactly what this thread is asking of me but my family does recycle as best we can - the council gives us special bags where we can put out recyclable goods inside. ^^

Thanks,
Sayoran :cool:

Sakura Holic
04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
awwww
well i think recycling is very important but i rely dont understand how/wat they do to get it recycled
i might try itWell for us, we compost, recycle cans, glass bottles and plastic, metal stuff like that...But most ppl just recycle cans/bottles/glass bottles
We have to go in this area where you recycle and you get money $$
And right now...the whole entire school of mine is like recycling and giving the money to the RedCross.
And I think I need to recycle cuz...well...for one...there is this canal in our state called Ala Wai...it was polluted with storm trash. And a turtle died in it too... and this man...he caught a mantis shrimp in the mud canal...mantis' shrimps limited growth is 1ft. But the one he caught is 15 inches... yikes >.<
Miutaded shrimp
And besides...if the turtle died...then there isnt going to be seafood, no state fish...AND NO PET FISHIES!!!

I'm not sure exactly what this thread is asking of me but my family does recycle as best we can - the council gives us special bags where we can put out recyclable goods inside. ^^

Thanks,
Sayoran :cool: Cool. Wish we have things like that...

3BladeDemoness
04-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Hmm well I recycle fairly, I know I should do more but I try when I can. But I'm not a tree-hugger or a mother earth kind of person..

battlecherry
04-14-2006, 01:50 AM
my family used to recycle, but the people at the recycling spot became such...uh...how should i put this...yah, jerks who were rude and all, so now we don't. there aren't any other places close by us...it's sad because we wanted to help out, but not get harassed when doing it :(

Capernicus
04-14-2006, 01:55 AM
I think that it is indeed a good idea, and I do rcycle, but I'm not too bothered about it. I won't yell at a friend who casually tosses their bottle into the trash can (hey, at least it made it to the garbage!). I mean, honestly, the Earth has survived dinosaurs, metors, ice ages, tornados, etc. How can we think a few plastic bags and aluminum cans will kill it???

Sakura Holic
04-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Too me...it can kill the whole entire economy...I know..stupid thought isnt it?

Capernicus
04-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Too me...it can kill the whole entire economy...I know..stupid thought isnt it?
Economy? You mean ecosystem?

economy-monetary system of supply and demand, yadah yadah yadah

ecosystem-physical conditions of the planet, i.e. air quality, non bio-degradable products, greenhouse gases, ph of rain, etc etc etc

Sakura Holic
04-14-2006, 02:10 AM
I know what they mean.
I fear both lack of animals, supplies... ok...lets just put it this way...
I fear that we cant live in earth forever and ever....
>.<
There I said it
>.<

Chaux
05-13-2006, 05:11 AM
i dunno, i dont really do the recycling, but i knw thats is good... XD

Seldrima
05-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Recycling means "enough" to me. I don't obsess over the ever filling landfills etc. I do my part, encourage my friends to do their part and do stuff about it at school. I try not to get TOO involved. Because i know i can't do anything alone.

International 4-8818
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Well yeah i recylcle. I don't overboard it just the standard recycle paper and plastic. But then there are the people that over do it, which is a tad bit weird for me.

Daimasukí
08-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Recycle to me means doing something to help the enviroment. I don't do much of it, but other than what I do when I'm in school for ROTC. My mom doesn't belive in recycleing, I don't get it, how can someone not belive in recycleing? anywho I do my part and I try not to pollute as much as possible. I just don't overdo it.

Shiro Akuma
08-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Recycling is a waste of money. That's all it's good for. With the exception of aluminum cans of course. Think about it, paper, plastic and glass has to go through many processes in order to be reused. All that processing require factories, factories that cause more pollution than the actual act of not recycling to begin with. It takes more to build those factoies and employ workers to work at the factories.

In order to recycle aluminum cans you need only to melt them down. Doing so puts them back into a liquid state and burns out the paints, ready to be formed into another shape. That's it, the factories for this already exist since they had to in order to make the cans to begin with.

And I did not need Penn & Teller to tell me all this beforehand. I've thought this for the longest time. But it was nice to see some one show recycling for what it is.

Astalle
08-11-2006, 02:44 AM
I don't find recycling necessary, but if people want to do it, they can do it. I suppose it has it's benifits (Like 5c a can XD )

der Scharfschüt
08-11-2006, 02:48 AM
I don't usually recycle(don't hurt me!), to me it's not a bad thing or really a good thing

Eris
08-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Recycling is a waste of money. That's all it's good for. With the exception of aluminum cans of course. Think about it, paper, plastic and glass has to go through many processes in order to be reused. All that processing require factories, factories that cause more pollution than the actual act of not recycling to begin with. It takes more to build those factoies and employ workers to work at the factories.

In order to recycle aluminum cans you need only to melt them down. Doing so puts them back into a liquid state and burns out the paints, ready to be formed into another shape. That's it, the factories for this already exist since they had to in order to make the cans to begin with.

I pretty much agree with what you said. It largely is a waste of time and money. Besides, the trash isn't going anywhere, if we one day had a shortage of materials, we've got it in abundance in the landfills.

What you can and should do however, is to throw away your trash in the thrashbin, and not dump it in the woods or something like that. Because that's genuinely harmful for the environment.

Luck_Sharingan_Sakura
08-11-2006, 01:24 PM
It's important to me because I want my community to be clean..

Shiro Akuma
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Also something else most people don't realize is that landfills can be useful. How you might ask, thinking they do nothing but stink up the place? Well, actually a properly ran landfill actually doesn't look like a landfill at all. The garbage is buried and the land on top of it smoothed flat. This actual speeds up the decomposition and from the decomposition natural gas is formed. The gas is collected and stored. This gas can be used to heat homes, run electricty and run the entire landfill itself.

Like I said, recycling is a waste of money. And really the only useful product from recycled plastics is fleece, you know, like fleece jackets and shirts? Yeah, like I want to wear recyled garbage. Also Recycled paper is very low grade and quality. Not To much it's better for the enviroment to just cut trees down for fresh material to work with. Why again you ask thinking that uses up our natural resources? Well, logging is nothing like it was years ago. When old trees are cut down to be used for various products, orders for new trees are placed and they are planted. And clear cutting is a thing of the past, actual legal logging companies won't dare clear cut an entire forest.

Really the only thing that makes since to recyle is aluminum cans. Think about it, every can is 5 cents, you get nothing for paper, plastics and glass. They are willing to give you a small amount of money for the cans for a reason.

~*Athena*~
08-11-2006, 11:55 PM
i think it's just ok to recycle..

that is, the outcome of the thing you will recycle must be "purposeful"..

i mean, it must not be crappy..>.<