PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else on here think Tokyo Mew Mew is sort of annoying?

Sailor Chibimoon
04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not bashing Tokyo Mew Mew. In fact, I like it...but not so much anymore after it became popular in the USA. Now it's just plain annoying. The dub sucks from what I've heard, and the english names are stupid. x_x

Maya Miyazono
04-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm not bashing Tokyo Mew Mew. In fact, I like it...but not so much anymore after it became popular in the USA. Now it's just plain annoying. The dub sucks from what I've heard, and the english names are stupid. x_x

Aww I could never hate the series.

You need to voice the reasons you dislike the show..

oh wait was it because people from USA liked it you said?

pyrothunder336
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I think its annoying and it helps give the people that hate anime something to insult about anime. I, being one of the people that try to protect anime from verbal abuse around here, get most of it because all anime is being compared to this show along with pokemon and dbz. That is why I don't like it.

♀Pure_Angel♀
04-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Every one from 4kids like it,including me DUH!!!!!!! it is such a cute series i so like Mint/Corina!

Kira_yamato69
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
its scary lol!

saskie
04-06-2006, 03:53 PM
lol I think the characters are very cute, but it seems to me they're like a copy of Saliormoon... Just younger... :P~! I don't really watch it so yea...

Souhi
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I think its annoying and it helps give the people that hate anime something to insult about anime. I, being one of the people that try to protect anime from verbal abuse around here, get most of it because all anime is being compared to this show along with pokemon and dbz. That is why I don't like it.I know all too well what you mean. Everytime I'm asked about anime it's always "O MY GOSH DO YOU WATCH POKEMON? Hahahahahahha!" If you don't know about something don't insult it. I don't and will never consider these shows an anime. And on topic wise, I didn't really like the show, felt too much like a younger, more colourful sailormoon. But hey, if that's your thing, I respect that.

Miyazaaki
04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I love it. Renee is awesome. The series is really good.

philmaster628
04-11-2006, 03:05 PM
it ok to me...i watch it sometimes

Insolence
04-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I hate it.. sorry no nice words for it.. its just stupid and annoying!

battlecherry
04-12-2006, 05:04 PM
i love the series, but the only thing annoying is when they show the same transformation sequences over and over again with a few different ones here and there

Kenbo
04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Never seen it is iton google?

.Lovebeat
04-13-2006, 07:55 AM
I think it's a bit childish... and like, Ichigo, the main character is only ----> 12 <---- years old, but she sure is a bit too grown up for being 12... AHEM!!
I've seen some anime eps, have read every manga volume... I liked it at start, but I guess I've grown away from it. It's just childish now ^^;; still a bit cute :3
Worst thing with the anime: When the girls transforms, it took WAY too long time (at least for Ichigo -____-) for them to be done... and it was a bit too much. <____<

_CTA_
04-13-2006, 08:18 AM
no its not.. its so nice n kawaii!!

xiaxtuxning
04-13-2006, 08:20 AM
its ok...but i didnt get it so i dont watch dat show....dat much only if im bored

Dark Donye
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Mew Mew? Is it the show about the cat-like girls? It is a litte but it is a good show.

Sailor Chibimoon
04-13-2006, 10:34 PM
I hate it.. sorry no nice words for it.. its just stupid and annoying!

Heh-heh. I agree. One of the reasons I hate it though, is because it's become over-popular and over-rated. I also think it is a Sailormoon and Wedding Peach ripoff.

Sweet_
05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Oh! I dont hate the series they are so cute look at Ichigo she is sleeping like a kitty I mean she is looking CUTE!

Uranus_Dare
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I personally do not like Tokyo Mew Mew. Like I have said before; I think it is mostly a rip off from Sailor Moon.

animeangellover
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
its kinda corny

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Well it is childish! but at the same time it is totally kawaii humm.......I don't like it that much it is alright but totally bright and kawaii.

Beautiful_Disaster
07-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't really hate Mew Mew but i just think it's a little childish

zan
07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
my sister like it but then she thought it got stupid...

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
07-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Mewmew??? I hate it! They're very annoying girls that only think about love. OMG!

Yuri-chan
07-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Okay, first of all, before it was transformed into the almost too sweet Mew Mew Power, it was the manga Tokyo Mew Mew. I personally think that TMM is MUCH better. For one thing, they didn't change the names to *gasp* American names. The artwork is very beautiful and the TokyoPop translation was pretty good. Read the manga before going about bashing the anime.

~Pure Soul~
07-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Umm I like it I really dont think it is..But sometimes maybe...

Black knight jason
08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
its scary lol!

mew_helen
08-03-2006, 12:23 PM
i don't think Tokyo Mew Mew is annoying. i like it very much, is my favourite anime!

Natsumi Kazuyomi
08-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Bleg...i find it rather irratating...it makes no sense...

;Despair;
08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Everyone I know hated mewmew.......O_o;;;

Serenith Youkai
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
>O I was so mad when I found out the USA names for the characters...I mean ZOEY?? (sry for anyone who's name is Zoey) But it reminds me of Zoey 101...bleh and did anyone notice that Kish is Dren which is Nerd spelled backwards and Tarb is brat spelled backward? =/ It annoyed me...Anyways I wish they had just kept the original names (what would have been hard about that??) and did a better job on dubbing. Also i believe they cut out parts of the episode too...>/

The Unafective Disease
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
never seen it

yami hatake
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
>O I was so mad when I found out the USA names for the characters...I mean ZOEY?? (sry for anyone who's name is Zoey) But it reminds me of Zoey 101...bleh and did anyone notice that Kish is Dren which is Nerd spelled backwards and Tarb is brat spelled backward? =/ It annoyed me...Anyways I wish they had just kept the original names (what would have been hard about that??) and did a better job on dubbing. Also i believe they cut out parts of the episode too...>/
I think the same.My sisters both read the manga..(well actually they have the whole Tokyo Mew Mew series) and they loved it.I thought it was cute and liked the art.When I saw the first episode with my sisters it made me mad!! They really shouldn't change the names to whatever they want to.The artist put in a lot of time and effort to give them all a proper name that suits the character like Ichigo--->strawberry..she does wear pink and/or red all the time and the things she buys or has have strawberries..besides its not hard to say their names..and why do the characters look older in the anime?..they really don't look like 12 year olds..

halcyon23
08-04-2006, 09:54 AM
i've never seen it

Not~A-Sasuke~Fangirl
08-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Tokyo mew mew is annoying but there is nothing to hate in it it is a kawaii and beautiful series but the dub is bad! X_x!

Princess Hoshi
08-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I really do like Tokyo Mew Mew. I've read the first two mangas and I really liked it. If they do have bad dubbings and changed names, then thats just wrong. I just image what there voices would sound like in my head. I do ont find it annoying. And I don't think it is a ripoff of Sailor Moon. It was actually going to be a horror series and they decided to make a team of animal injected preteens. So there. :P

Dark_Chii
08-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I actully like the anime and it is not that annoying!

A True Friend
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
I love the kawaii series and they are so adorable and they look so yummy!

jasmine786
10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
:eek: i hate mew mew because its all about boy love or mostly about boy love.
i dont really believe in love so sorry.
no nice words for the love shows.
its always heart breakin at the end of the love.
guys always choose other girl but not u so i think its stupid.
sorry if u believe in love so much.
i hate the word called "love"
trust me guys if you see it from my point of view then u ll think the same:mad: .