PDA

View Full Version : should they have final Fantasy movies

KRPrincess24
03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
What do you think about all the Final Fantasy video games becomong a movie. Do you think they should have a movie of it I mean all the final fantasy video games becoming a movie thats gonna be alot of movies they already have a movie of Final Fantasy X-2 in Japan, I think thats cool. What do you think?

animeglobe
03-31-2006, 07:38 PM
omg if they made a movie it would be complete chaos...>_< but there would be to many to make because they'll have to make more after the frist one.

KRPrincess24
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
omg if they made a movie it would be complete chaos...>_< but there would be to many to make because they'll have to make more after the frist one. I know that would be alot of movies and stuff

KillerDragonX
04-11-2006, 05:20 PM
i thought they already made 2 movies (final fantasy, final fantasy advent children)

German_Sniper9
04-12-2006, 04:57 AM
i hope they make final fantasy 8 movie, cause i love that game!

Mind
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
I despise video-game based movies (and vice-versa). So, I'm almost completely turned off by the ideal of a series of Final Fantasy movies. Some games may eventually turn out some decent movies, but Final Fantasy isn't something that seems to integrate well into movie form. (I'm rather indiffrent toward the series as it is now, anyway.)

Mind.

KillerDragonX
04-12-2006, 07:18 AM
I despise video-game based movies (and vice-versa). So, I'm almost completely turned off by the ideal of a series of Final Fantasy movies. Some games may eventually turn out some decent movies, but Final Fantasy isn't something that seems to integrate well into movie form. (I'm rather indiffrent toward the series as it is now, anyway.)

Mind.
i agree, the only movie that became a game that i like is resident evil, the one wit nemeisis

Mind
04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
i agree, the only movie that became a game that i like is resident evil, the one wit nemeisisWhile RE3 was my favorite Resident Evil, the second RE movie was horrible and was just tied together with the character names. Plus, Nemises looked totally stupid. Oh, and since when did Alice get quasi-super powers? The first RE movie was just a short fall from decent, though.

Mind.

Chaos_Hell_Angel
04-12-2006, 10:20 AM
If they could make another movie like advent children, then there'll be able to do another final fantasy movie.

year_of sheep
04-13-2006, 05:34 PM
They already made the movie Final Fantasy Advent Children (I have it in Japanese, haven't heard it in English yet), but for some reason the first movie Final Fantasy Spirit Within (i think that's what it is called) has nothing to do with final fantasy at all. Why call it final fantasy when there is nothing "final fantasy" about it?!

Mind
04-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Final Fantasy Spirit Within (i think that's what it is called) has nothing to do with final fantasy at all. Why call it final fantasy when there is nothing "final fantasy" about it?!Bluntly put? Marketing. It's a popular series, so certain fanboys will view it for the sheer presence of the name.

Mind.

Regex
04-13-2006, 07:27 PM
but for some reason the first movie Final Fantasy Spirit Within (i think that's what it is called) has nothing to do with final fantasy at all. Why call it final fantasy when there is nothing "final fantasy" about it?!Actually, none of the games until Final Fantasy X-2 had anything to do with each other at all. The name "Final Fantasy" has come to symbolize the creation team associated with the series, and that's all it ever has been. So actually, Advent Children is in the minority here, by being a sequel to the Final Fantasy VII game.

Ami~chan
04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I think it would be wonderful, but only if the movies were good. No one likes the idea of another bad FF movie; get Peter Jackson to direct it! Then itll get a few Oscars, an' everythin' XD

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
The only director that I can think of who'd be interested in the FF license is Uwe Boll.
*Evil Smirk*

Mind
04-13-2006, 08:46 PM
The only director that I can think of who'd be interested in the FF license is Uwe Boll.
*Evil Smirk*Oh god, I remember the rumor of him directing a MGS film, and how I thought that was scary. However, the image of a low-budget FF live-action film....pure unintentional comical genius.

Mind.

-Batman-
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
T but for some reason the first movie Final Fantasy Spirit Within (i think that's what it is called) has nothing to do with final fantasy at all. Why call it final fantasy when there is nothing "final fantasy" about it?!that's not true...there was some old guy named Cid in the movie...last I checked, every final fantasy has a cid in it somewhere http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/dry.gif

Zave
04-14-2006, 12:00 PM
I know that would be alot of movies and stuffWell I dont think they should have movies.I mean you like the fantasy based games.But they ruin it with the sci-fi movies. E-mail me if you agree [email protected].

Ωmega
04-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, I guess maybe Final Fantasy X-2 would make some big bucks...but I dont think they need movies, most of the game play and cut- scenes could be movies alone ^.^''

Krsnik
04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
No. It shouldn't happen. x-2 was a bad game, and it'll be a worse movie. Seven was a good game, and it was a BAD, BAD movie. Sure, it looked pretty, but did it have a plot? No. Did it have character development? No. Did it have everyone coming back from the dead? YES. What? That makes no sense, of course it doesn't.

We're going to analyze Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within first. The movie was atrocious. It had a horrendous plotline, and no character development. The movie was predictable. The CGI, however, was incredible. That's the only redeeming quality.

Next, let's analyze Advent Children - I already have. It's just as bad. Match point, game over.

LordxNarutox
04-14-2006, 12:30 PM
i hope they have a new fanal fantasy movie i love the game madly and i have the movie for psp

Regex
04-14-2006, 12:37 PM
No. It shouldn't happen. x-2 was a bad game, and it'll be a worse movie. Seven was a good game, and it was a BAD, BAD movie. Sure, it looked pretty, but did it have a plot? No. Did it have character development? No. Did it have everyone coming back from the dead? YES. What? That makes no sense, of course it doesn't.

We're going to analyze Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within first. The movie was atrocious. It had a horrendous plotline, and no character development. The movie was predictable. The CGI, however, was incredible. That's the only redeeming quality.

Next, let's analyze Advent Children - I already have. It's just as bad. Match point, game over.Wrong.

First of, if any college professor asked you to analyze anything, and that was all you had to say, you'd fail.

The fact is, Advent Children was not about the story. The Spirits Within was, and that was where they went wrong. The action sequences were not very exciting, so all you got was a pretty movie that wasn't fun to watch.
With Advent Children, it seems like they recognized that, and went a completely different direction with it. It was beyond beautiful animation. The action sequences were gripping, and a lot of fun to watch, and just like every martial arts movie, the story was only there to tie the fights together. THAT is what Advent Children was about, and that is what made it such an excellent movie.

-Batman-
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Wrong.

First of, if any college professor asked you to analyze anything, and that was all you had to say, you'd fail.

The fact is, Advent Children was not about the story. The Spirits Within was, and that was where they went wrong. The action sequences were not very exciting, so all you got was a pretty movie that wasn't fun to watch.
With Advent Children, it seems like they recognized that, and went a completely different direction with it. It was beyond beautiful animation. The action sequences were gripping, and a lot of fun to watch, and just like every martial arts movie, the story was only there to tie the fights together. THAT is what Advent Children was about, and that is what made it such an excellent movie.I would have to agree...and this is coming from me, the anti-final fantasy 7 crusader.

[BlackDeath]
04-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Yes... I guess Spirits Within and Advent Children don't count as movies KRPrincess24. try google.com, great site for information searching, recomend you try using it sometimes.

Also agree with the 2 above, AC was a good movie, I did enjoy, I do like it and still do.

Giglamesh
04-21-2006, 12:38 AM
omg if they made a movie it would be complete chaos...>_< but there would be to many to make because they'll have to make more after the frist one.i just have to say this...THEY ALREADY ARE MAKING MORE FILMS.
last order, AC, X-2....there will be more...:ninja:

Regex
04-21-2006, 02:17 AM
i just have to say this...THEY ALREADY ARE MAKING MORE FILMS.
last order, AC, X-2....there will be more...:ninja:Well, Last Order is more of an OVA.. And X-2 is a game. I don't know why you're saying things.

Daenerys
04-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Being that they made 2 movies already, I don't see them stopping any time soon. I didn't really mind the first one, but I've yet to see advant children.

Besides, arent the games kind of like movies anyway?

Sword
04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I would also love a FF8 movie but what I think they should really do is make a series of 3 or more movies following one original story. That would be sweet.

Dark Lord
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
That Final Fantasy Spirits within thing upset me. It would have been a good movie but it should not be called Final Fantasy. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY. I want a movie that has something to do with the games.

Sword
04-21-2006, 03:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. They didn't even have swords in the spirits within.

Regex
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
That Final Fantasy Spirits within thing upset me. It would have been a good movie but it should not be called Final Fantasy. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY. I want a movie that has something to do with the games.The games didn't have anything to do with each other until X-2. That's a ridiculous statement to make. There have been 16 Final Fantasy games that I can think of off the top of my head, and I'm sure there have been more. Only TWO are related to each other at all.

Lunamaria
04-21-2006, 05:30 PM
They've had Advent Children and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within come out thought Spirits Within doesn't have to do anything with the games that were released. If they ever consider your idea, I hope they make an FFX-2 movie that doesn't suck as much as the game did.

deadman
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
ya I do think they should make the final fantasy moves but the shoul make them about hte game itself.
for example: final fantasy VII yes yes I know they made move bout it already BUT the dident make it direktly about the GAME itself they made it about the futer.
Well like this. Imagin all the FMV's of final fantasy VII put together to make one. fill in the gaps and you got about a five-six hour move. That would be the best ever.

Dante66
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
I hate the final fantasy movies

~Riku~
04-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Yes I too was angered by Spirits Within and I agree with deadman on them making a
movie about the actually game. And I do understand the none of the other Final Fantasys
had nothing to do with the others but they didn't base The Spirits Within off any of the
games what so ever and to top it off they didn't had swords like the traditional Final
Fantasy games. Anyway, I would like for another movie.

-Byakko-
04-28-2006, 05:49 PM
i thought they already made 2 movies (final fantasy, final fantasy advent children)
There was more than that. There was also a 2-part movie distributed by Urban Vision, but I'm not sure what it was called. I saw it years ago. I think it might have been called Legend of the Chrystals or something.

I'd like to see an anime based on Final Fantasy 6.

Zave
06-06-2006, 08:45 PM
take back what i said on page one advent children was awsome.

eown07
06-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Totally. When I first watched FFVI Advent Children, I went crazy! It was really, really amazing. I hope thay'd make more, and more, and more! I love Cloud! Yay!

MoonPrincess24
08-27-2006, 12:18 AM
that would be alot of movies, but i would like them to have a final fantasy x movie cuz i like that game

aimforthetop
08-27-2006, 12:25 AM
probably not all the people who played the game would have already sort of seen the movie. Also It would be a short movie if there was very little fighting, or it would be boring if there was too mcuh

Miko Kikyou
08-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I definently enjoyed drooling over the amazing graphics of AC, but the thought of Square Enix putting out more FF movies might not be that big of a killing as they think it might be. AC and FF: The Spirits Within didn't make that big of an impact. If I were able to choose what I wanted them to make, I would probably say a movie version of a game, not just a sequal.

Sammael
08-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Post removed due to language.