PDA

View Full Version : WHY do you like anime?

_allismine_
03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Okay, we've all heard the 'what's your favourite', and 'who's your favourite character', but WHY do YOU like anime?As I've said on an earlier post:
It grows with you. When I was younger, I was a CCS, Medabots (remember that one?) and InuYasha FANATIC. But I've grown into anime with better characters, stronger and more progressive storylines, and a more interesting concepts altogether, that don't baby situations down, but give out the real deal, showing a more mature progression. Like Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist. Major character deaths happen all the time in those shows! But hell would freeze over before one of the InuYasha six ever died. Not saying that maturity level is determined by death, but compare shows like Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Seed to Hamtaro and Megaman.
Although I have to admit...I don't think I'll ever grow out of CCS or Medabots. ^_^

There's the younger anime, like Hamtaro. Then there's the little-bit-older anime, like Megaman. Then there's what I call the 'transition anime', which is like a bridge between children's anime and adult anime, like InuYasha and YuGiOh (yes. YuGiOh.). Finally, there's more than one path for adult anime; there are many more genres to choose from, like FullMetal Alchemist (action / adventure), Love Hina (romantic comedy), Fruits Basket (dunno what that would be classified as), and various hentai. ^_^
That's what anime's for; there are different genres for different stages of maturity.

What's your reason?

mimichan1000
03-20-2006, 12:29 PM
i just do! it's apart of my culture... it makes me happy... i just love anime!

_allismine_
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
That's a good reason! Anime makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside too ^_^ lol

lorie
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Anime is just a good thing to wach . it is mostly purely fictional and it inspires ppl usually .also it is creative and leads ppl to use their imagination-that is why i luv anime it has no limits

Chewbaka
03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I love anime because the art is superb and storylines are awesome.

Souhi
03-20-2006, 09:37 PM
anime makes me feel one with my culture, not to mention its something to look forward to, especially when school gets to be too much. One cannot live on video games and music alone. Anime just sorta came into my life, and has gradually become a part of my daily routine. It's just the unique style, and feel of anime that you can't really compare to any north american cartoon. Anime is anime, and you either hate it or love it. And no i dont really consider pokemon and yugioh to be true anime, just because they're too childish for me now. Gundam and Full Metal Alchemist all the way. Maybe Love Hina or Chobits to balance it out. Anime. It's not just animation, it's a way of life.

_allismine_
03-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Anime. It's not just animation, it's a way of life.Niiiiiiice. You can make a t-shirt out of that. ^_^
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I...gtg.
*runs to mall and gets personalised t-shirt*

Souhi
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Niiiiiiice. You can make a t-shirt out of that. ^_^
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I...gtg.
*runs to mall and gets personalised t-shirt*

Best idea ive heard in a veeery long time my friend.

_allismine_
03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
You know I'm serious right? I'm actually getting a t-shirt from the mall. No, SERIOUSLY.
I love anime so much! *huggles akamaru plushie*

fox demon naruto
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
You know that is a very good question. I guess if you count when i was like 4 and watched the saturday early shows. But I really thought of it. Well when you live with family of two brother that are movie and music fanatics and mom and dad are knolagable at those things to and your not it would just come up and not knowing it. I mean when you go to Suncoast and Borders every weekend it would come up and become a anime fan. I guess it realy started when i got a inuysha manga. Over year I got to Gundam seed FLCL Hikaru No Go Naruto Fruits Baskets and Love hina (Much More) I mean I like all the ones I have read. i guess it just came over me sice I love the Asian culture. (Sorry for the long story:laugh: )

_allismine_
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Cool! ^_^

Souhi
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
You know I'm serious right? I'm actually getting a t-shirt from the mall. No, SERIOUSLY.
I love anime so much! *huggles akamaru plushie*Now there's an idea! I wonder if they carry t shirts lke that at the mall down here.... yah nvr nknow till u try http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/tongue.gif

frankieanime
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I like anime because they have really good story lines and better animation, and kewler lookin characters

Janethan23
03-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Why do I like Anime?
- Because western countries suck at making cartoons. Don't get me wrong though I also appreciate Disney or those other stuff they put out but most countries think that animation is for kids so that's a step in the wrong direction. The best way to appreciate anime is to realize that anime is not always for kids and be prepared to what it may bring you.

ayame5193
03-23-2006, 06:43 AM
'cause anime was fun to watch, it makes me happy when i'm watching it, even when my sad times coming, i just watch an anime, and then i'll forget all of the sad that happens to me, it can give a great imagination! it's so fun to watch an anime so i love it with all my heart!:D

lorie
03-23-2006, 11:08 AM
wow! same here!!!!

Ωmega
03-23-2006, 11:14 AM
I like anime because its different from american cartoons. I love the animation, and theres an actual story to it. You cant really find that with our cartoons...sure, all cartonns have a base that it surrounds, but you never see love blossom, or someone dies....its never that dreamatic...thats why I like anime =)

dieing25
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
I like anime because,because...The storyline is one of the best I have ever read. Belive me I know I've been reading more then 200 books a year for more than eight years. I LOVE to read. reading is basely what i do with my life.

(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)
The bunny got to me

Phoenix_alchemist
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I just like it its alot better than most american crap it accually tells good stories and some are really emotional unlike other cartoons

philmaster628
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
its fun to watch

Xieshunnuan
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Its like entertaining......besides i have too sit around sometimes...

Demon-Ki
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
I believe one of the reasons why I'm drawn to anime is because of the style of their technique. The action sequences are fast-paced and intense, and the blurring speedlines, flashy backgrounds, and the "anime cut" (where the screen goes black, various slashes show up and then when it fades in again the bad guy just falls apart) along with other things just make them that much more awesome. For funnier scenes, the whole exaggerated reactions (sweatdrop, fall, or chibis, etc.) just enhances the goofiness. Stuff like that, they way they exaggerate and emphasize everything to insane, over-the-top levels is just visually appealing. Even the way they draw characters; big, dazzling eyes, small, slender nose, long waves of flowing hair, etc. They're attractive, despite really weird hair or eye colours and being extremely disproportionate.

Not to mention the crazy stories they come up with. The plotlines are always crazy. Convoluted and twisty to the max, they are deeply involved. If someone decides to jump in and watch or read a series halfway through, they'll have no F(censored) idea what the Hell's going on. You either follow it from start to finish or don't bother.

And then, of course, are the ever-kickass mechas. How sweet would it be to have one of those?

Yugure's Goddess
03-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Anime for me is a form of Escapism. The worlds in Anime are always so much better than the real world. Plus I got one of my parents into at least some Anime with Ghost In The Shell. After seeing that movie they began to realize that's it's not all just a bunch of kiddie bull-crap like those freakin Disney shows and looney Tunes and crap that help put a label on all animation. They help make every adult think that if it was hand-drawn (which is actually considerably more work and concentration than I live-action TV series or film) it means that It's always for stupid little kids that can't tell left from right. Argh!! Anime helps make it so that at least some people realize it's not just for kids.

Plus I love the Anime art. It's so original and the stylization is not completely wierd (you should watch some French Animation some time! That crap is wierd- almost more than I can stand)

And the stories are unique-every now and then a main character that was a good guy will die (which is considerably more realistic than American Animation). And not all Bad guys are just pure evil. All characters have considerably more depth than that. Which is also very realistic. I mean Nobody just suddenly wakes up one day and decides to be evil. It's a more progressive thing that happens through learning and personal experiences. I mean sure man acts almost purely on impulse but there will always be more of a reason behind the impulse other than "I just sorta felt like blowing a few people up" or "I just wanted some cash... no reason just because". That's just plain ignorance if people think that is the way all people's minds work when they're doing something bad. With Anime there is usually a reason as to why the bad person does that stuff and why they are the way that they are. Like trying to help/protect a loved one or revenge for a terrible wrong doing or whatever. It's more than just being an evil villain through and through.

well that's my opinion...... and that's why I love anime

love
dani
dude

Dark Lord
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
I dont know why I like anime. I just know that I do. Maybe Im just a dork.

Cowboy Bebop
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I love it not like it, gives me something to do when boared and i think its up right entertaining it gives people like us something to talk about and not just talk about know what we are talking about so no one is left out

Miyukara
03-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, I like anime because they can have the magic powers and all the fighting and stuff and not have it look tacky how it does in films with real people. Also, anime's normally go deep into the characters souls and it seems as though you really get to know them, most live shows don't go to indepth on it's characters. The way the people in anime's look is perfect, and since they're not using actors and actresses each anime has it's own individual people and I think that makes it greater too. There are many more reasons that I could list, but I don't want to be typing too long of a post.

_allismine_
03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
It's cool to hear everyone's opinion.

Another reason I like anime is that it's an alternate universe. An escape from reality, you know?
I don't know. Maybe I'm just insane. :P

Circuitry
03-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Well..the reason why I like Anime is because, it was the first thing that I had seen on Tv, when I was little. xD Anywho..I love Anime alot! It's very popular around the whole world. I mean.. without Anime everyone would just go CRAZY! @.@ In my opinion. xD

dieing25
03-24-2006, 07:25 AM
I totaly agree with allismine that is why i read so much. :)

[BlackDeath]
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Animation, characters, plot/story, imagination put into them.

-Ziggy-
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
why not? O.o

_allismine_
03-24-2006, 10:19 PM
I totaly agree with allismine that is why i read so much.
^_^ Yeah it's really a nice pick-me-up once in a while when your life's a total drag. XD

fox demon naruto
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
*Totaly off topic

but Forte, what hell is with the time you joined. i mean it says march 2006, and you have over 200 post WTF!

*Back to topic

The anime bussiness is huge and if live where i live you would understand. Of corce you can make a carrer out of this.

Dragon-Heart
03-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I like anime because they usually have some sort of nonlife things happening. ex. in spirited away, people can't go to the spirit world or turn into dragons and d.n.angel, you can't have two different people in one body. and in Chrono Crusade, there can't be devils like ya no clue where i'm going with this one.

mike2yang
03-25-2006, 01:47 AM
anime is soo cool....ahaha....they have more things than cartoons and more...u no....also better pictures....

anime OG
03-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I like it cause it really gets detailed into what I like to do best!!! And what I do best is DRAWING!!!!:D

ShadowtheWarWolf
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Because it's cool and anything can happen in anime too. And there isn't much else to watch tha's good.

Souhi
03-29-2006, 08:08 PM

Another reason I like anime is that it's an alternate universe. An escape from reality, you know?
I don't know. Maybe I'm just insane. :P
Well if ur insane then im right alongside ya. I think everyone at one time or another has imagined themselves in their favourite anime, ( if ur willing to admit it or not http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/tongue.gif). Sometimes it's all you have to fall back on when reality gets dull at times. Yah know what i mean?

_allismine_
03-30-2006, 01:58 AM
You. Are my new bestest friend. ^^

shougo amakousa
03-30-2006, 02:31 AM

I don't know. Maybe I'm just insane. :Pi fully agree thats one of the main reasons i watch anime:love: ..........to escape reality.

animekid1212
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
im hooked on anime when im depressed i just go downstairs and watch it for hours i like anime because the storys are so cool and suspense full and i love to draw anime it gives me somthing to draw when i dont no what to do anime will always be there for u ..... i hope

lorie
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
i know!!!! i absolutely love anime -even though i got introduced to it about two months ago! and yeh every anime i watch always makes me thinks about it for MONTHS !! thats just how i am

_allismine_
03-31-2006, 02:36 AM
Me too. I OBSESS over an anime until I find a better one, which spans from 4 months to 2 and a half years. Look at my transition:
Sailor Moon --> Medabots --> Card Captor Sakura --> InuYasha --> Naruto
I don't think I'll ever find a better anime then Naruto, though. It has a very good storyline, and a very wide range of characters; not all of them suffered a devestating childhood, but not all of them had perfect childhoods, either, so Naruto doesn't try too hard to be good. Look at Gaara's childhood, then look at Chouji's. A VERY wide range. ^^

chohakkaiz_baby09
03-31-2006, 03:24 AM
i love it, because i do. the storyline and it's graphics catches my eye everytime i see them.

Souhi
03-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Me too. I OBSESS over an anime until I find a better one, which spans from 4 months to 2 and a half years. Look at my transition:
Sailor Moon --> Medabots --> Card Captor Sakura --> InuYasha --> Naruto
I don't think I'll ever find a better anime then Naruto, though. It has a very good storyline, and a very wide range of characters; not all of them suffered a devestating childhood, but not all of them had perfect childhoods, either, so Naruto doesn't try too hard to be good. Look at Gaara's childhood, then look at Chouji's. A VERY wide range. ^^
now that certainly brings back fond memories :D ahh yes medabots and cardcaptors, and now i watch naruto, full metal alchemist, gundam seed destiny etc. It's amzing how anime changes to fit your age, personality, taste, style, and any other way u can look at it. Kinda like having a friend that grows up to fit you :laugh:

Chaos_Hell_Angel
03-31-2006, 08:06 PM
As in my Thread about and real life: Anime can have us learn about life in a way that we wouldn't have in school or other places. Yes most of it is fictional, but the ones that are based on real facts, has you open up your mind to a level of understanding about life. That's why like or better yet love anime.

_allismine_
04-01-2006, 02:41 AM
now that certainly brings back fond memories ahh yes medabots and cardcaptors, and now i watch naruto, full metal alchemist, gundam seed destiny etc. It's amzing how anime changes to fit your age, personality, taste, style, and any other way u can look at it. Kinda like having a friend that grows up to fit you
Wow! Someone who understands! ^^
Oh yeah, FMA. How could I forget??
Alchemy...MY Anti Drug. XD

Keyasaffection
04-01-2006, 02:25 PM
its fun and a pause from reality.....but mostly fun...:p

harakiri
04-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Anime gets my attention more than anything else. I love it.

iernt8
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
i like anime cause it gives me something to do other than sitting around being bored everyday.

.Alumina
04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I watch anime because i love it, and its better to watch that then be bored and bored and twiddling your thumbs and....you get my point and plus most animes have a story that gets you obsessed with that particular anime,like mine shaman king, i can thelp myself...I LOVE IT!