PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Equality (This One Is Touchy! Be Warned)

Kishiro
03-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok, so for the first part of this topic, I am going to bring up women. Now, we all know that I love girls, and what not, ^_^ but what I don't love is the hypocritical ones, or the gold digging ones, or even more so, the ones who try to play both sides of the equality fence.

It bugs me how some women are such hypocrits, and demand all their rights, which they should no doubt have, but then they want special treatment. That really boils my noodles!!! :banghead: After all of those strong women protested and worked so hard for the equality of women, there are still those out there that want everything their way, and to be spoiled rotten. Or how about the ones that go around treating others like crap and even go so far as to hit people or assault them, and expect no one to retaliate.

Forget that. The law states that assault is illegal, wheter you be a man or woman committing the crime, or be a man or woman that is a victim. I personally believe that no matter who you are, where you are from or what your gender is, if you put your hands on someone, be prepared for them to lash back at you. Now, I am opposed to harming any innocent, man or woman, and definitely am against continuous beating of any kind, but I do believe that someone who deals a blow in return to someone who has dealt them one first on purpose and in an intentionally harmful manner, is completely in the right.

Do I think it is wrong to beat women? You bet I do. Especially since most women in that kind of situation don't deserve to be hurt at all. Do I think it is entirely wrong to hit a woman in general? Not so much. Why? Because, if a guy assualts another guy, the assaulted person retaliates. Same for the situation if it involved two girls. Now, you may say "oh yeah, its perfectly ok to defend yourself if someone attacks you", but when most people say that, they only think of someone the same sex attacking them. But what if the opposite sex does it?

If you are a guy, and some girl attacks you, will you defend yourself by trying to grapple and subdue her or just fight back?

If you are a girl, will you just sit there and take it and cower, or will you stand up for yourself and show that loser who is hitting you that you are better than him?

I'd subdue a girl attacking me, I wouldn't let it go unchecked. If she kept trying to violently attack me, I'd eventually fight back.

How about you all? I am curious to hear views about all this stuff and more. And this thread doesn't have to pertain to just gender realted equality issues.

galdon
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
i've been told before, that a guy who goes into court about being beaten by a female or raped by a female, would get laughed right out of the courthouse.

i've been attacked by a couple of females before, and all i did was put up my hands to block headshots, and guess what happened... one of the two got off scott free, one got a week in sac, and i got a week of sac, was removed from all classes to enter a 'social development' class for a month, then lost art class for the rest of the year to stay in social development one hour a day.

it just doesnt seem fair at all to me why they can do that. i just plain cant bring myself to inflict bodly harm on a female, and i never fought back, and still got punnished.

Ariesgirl
03-02-2006, 10:59 PM
hypocritical ones, or the gold digging ones, or even more so, the ones who try to play both sides of the equality fence.

It bugs me how some women are such hypocrits, and demand all their rights, which they should no doubt have, but then they want special treatment.

I agree with what your saying. It's to the point where it seems like every song on the radio acts as if "Women" or maybe I should say "All Women" are after money! Sadly that's not me. And what I hate with a passion is when the guys that try and talk to me think that if they show me that they have all this money they can buy me. Wrong B. I'm not for sale. The one thing I think when I see all that money is they are somehow involved in Criminal Activities -lol! I guess that's my degree in progress talking.:p Okay I know I'm not in school right now;)

And as far as demanding rights (Some women are like that) but for me I don't ever want to be treated special. Just fairly. Because for me to be treated special means to me that I didn't really earn whatever it is I'am seeking in life. Nice topic I see where your coming from.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Depends on the girl. Do I know her? Is she on drugs (I would assume the average girl attacking me would have to be)? Is she armed?

My last rant was on something like this. Click on the link in my signature if you're interested.

The Flame Alchemist
03-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Ok, so for the first part of this topic, I am going to bring up women. Now, we all know that I love girls, and what not, ^_^ but what I don't love is the hypocritical ones, or the gold digging ones, or even more so, the ones who try to play both sides of the equality fence.

It bugs me how some women are such hypocrits, and demand all their rights, which they should no doubt have, but then they want special treatment. That really boils my noodles!!! :banghead: After all of those strong women protested and worked so hard for the equality of women, there are still those out there that want everything their way, and to be spoiled rotten. Or how about the ones that go around treating others like crap and even go so far as to hit people or assault them, and expect no one to retaliate.

Forget that. The law states that assault is illegal, wheter you be a man or woman committing the crime, or be a man or woman that is a victim. I personally believe that no matter who you are, where you are from or what your gender is, if you put your hands on someone, be prepared for them to lash back at you. Now, I am opposed to harming any innocent, man or woman, and definitely am against continuous beating of any kind, but I do believe that someone who deals a blow in return to someone who has dealt them one first on purpose and in an intentionally harmful manner, is completely in the right.

Do I think it is wrong to beat women? You bet I do. Especially since most women in that kind of situation don't deserve to be hurt at all. Do I think it is entirely wrong to hit a woman in general? Not so much. Why? Because, if a guy assualts another guy, the assaulted person retaliates. Same for the situation if it involved two girls. Now, you may say "oh yeah, its perfectly ok to defend yourself if someone attacks you", but when most people say that, they only think of someone the same sex attacking them. But what if the opposite sex does it?

If you are a guy, and some girl attacks you, will you defend yourself by trying to grapple and subdue her or just fight back?

If you are a girl, will you just sit there and take it and cower, or will you stand up for yourself and show that loser who is hitting you that you are better than him?

I'd subdue a girl attacking me, I wouldn't let it go unchecked. If she kept trying to violently attack me, I'd eventually fight back.

How about you all? I am curious to hear views about all this stuff and more. And this thread doesn't have to pertain to just gender realted equality issues.
Did you get dumped? As for your question I'd just subdue her I woudn't hit her at any point in time thoiugh.

Seldrima
03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I agree, i hate girls that say "you can't hit back, i'm a girl" Like get out, I think its unfair that if a guy hits a girl, everyone pitys the girl, but if a girl hit a guy, everyone would assume he's done something wrong.

Guys really have it hard I admit, plus we girls aren't exactly nice either. The gold diggers-thats really low, a conversation i had in real with my friend.

Friend: I'll marry a rich stiff, then remarry when he dies.

Me: Thats low, what if he never died? What about you and the guy, you'd never love him yet he'd love you, also when he did die, you may be reaally old, then a boy may marry you for your money!

Friend: oh well.

Me: Loser..thats just gay and lame!!

I admit, i hit guys, only playing though, i don't mind if they hit back, i actually had a kicking fest today XD, but if it was a real fight, i'd expect him to defend himself and fight back.

And I'm with you Ariesgirl, I don't care about money, or looks *is super un-shallow* money can't buy you hapiness!

Kishiro
03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Glad to see you girls are with us on this one ^_^

I didn't want to seem like a jerk for being, um, defiant? lol.

And No, Flame, I didn't get dumped. Thanks for the concern though, I think. ha ha. I was having the discussion with my girlfriend, and she is one of those who is all about feminism and promoting women and at the same time, she demands special attention and treatment merely because she is a woman.

Baka
03-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Wow. You don't find too many serious threads on here. It really depends on the situation. There are some huge strong girls in the world. If some 250 lb girl who lifts weights all the time is attacking me, I would use any mean necassary to defend myself. Now if your girlfriend is pist at you and starts hitting you then she needs to simply be subdued untill she is calm. There are other situations that would warrant other actions as well. What it all comes down to is something we were all told as children....keep your hands to yourself !!!

Gjallarhorn
03-03-2006, 02:41 PM
This thread already exists.
"Equality is a Myth (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=34281&page=1)"

I have two well put together posts in it xP

poppy
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
if everyone was treated equally everyone would be unhappy with it in some way
not that you shouldnt try to make things more equal just its kind of impossible

Ravyn_Kishiro
03-07-2006, 12:03 AM
No man or woman should ever raise their fist in anger. No matter what reason or rhyme. If people could learn that simple rule, society would be in much better shape by my opinion.