PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Ache

Sachiko-Chan
02-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I've got a cavity and I can't get it filled till march 12th...it doesn't hurt that bad...but now there's a hole in it...just a small one...if it gets any deeper it'll hit the nerve...and then I might have to get a root canal...i just got two cavities filled 2 weeks ago...i've got six more I've gotta get filled....i need to know how to help it to not get any worse and I need to know how to keep the pain down....WITHOUT using pain killers....cause i don't have any available right now...please and thank-you.

En Svensk Tiger
02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Stop eating sugar.

Darth Tyranus
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I have one as well, I can't feel it though. I'm getting it filled in a couple of days.

Fabala
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Anbesol is a God ^_~ Or anything that will temporarily numb the area. I had not one but two root canals needed out of the blue at the end of last year. One started from a liiiittle cavity (After not having cavities for years ;__; ) and the other from goodness knows where. Just happened. Yeah. Honestly, it was easily the worst pain I'd ever experienced. Painkillers did virtually nothing. Anbesol was my only way to leave the house and venture into cold air.

Yay dental pain!

Now I know that cavities can occur even when you don't eat much sugar and brush/floss/etc. regularly. But electric tooth brushes are a wonderful thing ^_^

Sachiko-Chan
02-24-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah...thanks. i HAD an electric toothbrush but my brother took it for his braces. yeah...i've got six more to do...Please don't think i'm dumb...but what is anbesol??

Baka
02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Ambisol. You can get it at walmart or a place similar. It numbs the pain. Root canals suck!!! You don't want that. Chew on the other side of your mouth and rinse right after eating. Don't drink milk I heard it eats away at teeth over time. Hope I was able to help. Oh yeah, drink alcohol, but you didn't hear that from mehttp://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/wink.gif

Fabala
02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
yeah...thanks. i HAD an electric toothbrush but my brother took it for his braces. yeah...i've got six more to do...Please don't think i'm dumb...but what is anbesol??

Anbesol is just a simple gel that literally numbs the area you apply it to. You'd find it in virtually any pharmacy/drugstore. It's not a cure-all, and it doesn't last forever, but it gives temporary relief.

Uh...what? I don't know where you heard that bit about milk, because it sounds ridiculous. You want to protect your teeth? Cut out all soda. That stuff is murder on them.

Sachiko-Chan
02-27-2006, 08:10 AM
yeah...for the next two weeks i'm only going to drink water...or at least try to. It hasn't gotten any worse...and I should get it filled on Spring Break...HOPEFULLY...Anyway, Thanks for your help...

Seldrima
02-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Aww i'm sorry hun, ack i had to have two fillings, in the front of my teeth..AND it wasn't numbed properly, but i was strong not screaming when they drilled a hole in my teeth, but i winced, trying to close my mouth. I have never heard of that stuff, but wow, sounds cool. No more fillings for me, until next year, or EVER touch wood*touches ayokins's head*

x X Seldrima X x

Sachiko-Chan
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
yeah...it hurts getting fillings. i'm going on spring break to get them filled....but i'm nervous. last time...it kinda hurt and i get so nervous...man...i'm a wuss...*tears* *tears*...

poppy
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
i had fillings funny thing is i cant remember them
got teeth taken out recently but that was because they hadnt fallen out and they were suppose to
i know nothing about painkillers that arent painkillers
but to be safe from fillings get fisure seals its like polish they put on your back teeth no cavities !yay!