PDA

View Full Version : One piece unedited

Gaara the wicked
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
is it alot better then the one they show on toonami. i mean it must be. they all have like edited guns and stuff and they call wine juice. and i know they have more blood cuase shanks gets his freaking arm bitten off and there isnt any in the toonami one wich kinda pissed me off cause its kinda a violent anime so they should show uncut battles.

Qeeun
02-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Well thats how Toonami is... Including the horrible editing they did on all the "Gundams"
inlcuding Gundam Seed, thats why you watch the Dvd's, they are a lot better, The resaon why is becuase they put the shows on little kid channels, and set them up for younger people. Sad but true, thats why there's Adult Swim.. Besides the fact its in the middle of the night(some people have too sleep you know).
^^ just my thoughts on an annoying issue in America.

Tetsanosuke
02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I feel your pain, it's REALLY annoying. I have the first 26 episodes in total japanese with subtitles so I got to see the blood and stuff.

Remember this part?
*A mountain bandit has a pistol to Shanks' head and then the fat guy shoots the bandit in the head. Shanks says "When he gets up will someone tell him it was a cap gun?" *

That is a BIG NO! This isn't your fuzzy bunny stuff. This is a pirate adventure!

Yessum it really is nerve racking.

Gjallarhorn
02-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Sad but true, thats why there's Adult Swim.. Besides the fact its in the middle of the night(some people have too sleep you know).
^^ just my thoughts on an annoying issue in America. Adult Swim is no better than Toonami is, but the viewers will deny it until their deaths, and continue to watch the anime they are given, without truly understanding it, and watching it literally.

As someone who has been watching One Piece since it first aired in Japan several years ago, the dub is downright trash. They change names, edit out scenes, blood, swearing, the dubbing is horrible, the voices don't fit, and I could go on and on. Buy the DVDs when they come out in America, and watch it in Japanese with subtitles. It is many, many times better. To say how One Piece is in Japanese, it is my Bible.

Baka
02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
I have never seen it uneduted. I bet it's cool though. I like what I've seen on Toonami. But Atomsk(FLCL) is the true pirate king.

buhbibutterfly
02-22-2006, 05:49 PM
i totally hate and despise the dubbed version of one piece..i love the subtitle version to death and i'm addicted to it...but the dubbed version juss sux...names are change, scenes are taken out and merged, voices don't go well with the characters, epecially sanji...and why did they give him a lolipop...i mean seriously...like i always say if your gonna watch one piece watch the jap version...cuz the dubbed version is juss a butchered version and deserves to die a horrible death...