PDA

View Full Version : what is your view on hunting?

juji-san
02-18-2006, 06:10 AM
here in england, we have disgusting things like fox hunting and pheasant shooting, and they call it SPORT?!? i find it extremely disgusting and pointless. would you like it if a fox got a rifle and started hunting you? (i know its logically impossible, but its the principle thats involved which i am trying to express)

whats your opinion??

Nespa
02-18-2006, 07:12 AM
i'm not for hunting unless it's in a video game but if it's to keep the population under control...wel than i say i depends on the species.

poppy
02-18-2006, 07:29 AM
hunting is bad unless you really need to because say youre in an obscure tribe in the amazon and you cant really get to the supermarket

Katrina_Survivor2
02-18-2006, 10:12 AM
OK, if it's hunting for population control, it's something that has to be done, no getting around it. But I can't stand it when rednecks and white trash go out and shoot living things for FUN. It just doesn't make any sense, especially when all of their policies revolve around "sanctity of life". So damn hypocritical.

Plus, I don't see how you can get pleasure out of killing a living thing. They must just push the thought to the back of their minds.

Dark Lord
02-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Why does it matter if you hunt. I beleive you should eat what you kill though. But Im not agreeing with you. IT doesnt make you any better to only eat animals that have been bludgeoned to death by someone else.

Opinionated
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I say hunting's alright. I live in Texas. You can't tell me not to hung. So go ahead and hunt. People who don't like hunting are whiny enviro's who complain but never get around to fixing the problem. Our Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. What else are you supposed to do with those arms?

p.s. call me a redneck and you might as well tell me your next of kin.

En Svensk Tiger
02-18-2006, 10:40 AM
As the vegetarian hippie I am, I have no problems with hunting. If you ask me, it's way cooler to go out in the woods, shoot some animal and eat it afterwards, than just going to the store to buy the new chicken mincemeat.

As a sport I have some issues with it, killing just to kill is pretty lame. And England needs to stop that fox hunting thing, because seriously, that stuff ain't funny. I don't care if it's tradition, a social thing, a needed hobby for rich people in weird clothes, it's whack, and they need to stop it.

So I guess as long as you don't exterminate the animals, or leave them rotting, it's all right.

poppy
02-18-2006, 10:46 AM
it is only rich idiots who fox hunt
but unfortunately rich idiots tend to be influential with all that money and the way they always think theyre right

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
02-18-2006, 12:13 PM
if its hunting for food, i dont mind. if its hunting for sport and trophies, its beond cruel!!!!!

Gjallarhorn
02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't agree with hunting being a sport, but I can understand its purposes for population control. What bothers me is when (as Katrina_Survivor2 put it) white trash red necks go out to kill for fun or something like that. I can understand hunting if that is how you are going to get your food, although here in the U.S., there is no need for that considering all of the stores at which food can be bought.
I am a big fan of fire arms, and I plan on getting my license once I am of age, although purely for collective purposes. The idea of hunting animals for sport is a rather ignorant thought. There is also a shooting range near my house which I am thinking about joining, as my friend's father is the owner. I have a strange respect for weaponry.

Dr.McDoom!
02-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I agree. I am a savage. Hunting for food and population control is what i have in mind. England societys will just have to uptake dish shooting(those throwing disks).
I have my tastes for weaponry as well. In fact, i would like to practice some "human hunting" if i'd have the occasion.

philmaster628
02-18-2006, 12:39 PM
murder to me

Buruku
02-18-2006, 12:44 PM
OK, i live in Colorado where hunting is real popular, and whenever i talk about my dislike of the 'sport' i get shot down pretty quick.

I cant argue with people who hunt because they really do like the taste of the meat, to me that seems like the best reason...BUT have you ever watched those hunting shows? OMG its so freakn ridiculous. You have two guys hiding in the bushes with their scent covered up, in camo and thier guns and you hear them talking about how beautiful that Buck is, and then they freakn SHOOT IT.
then they get all excited "OMG I JUST PULLED MY TRIGGER AND DOWN IT WENT"
then once they come find the dead animal they hold up its pretty dead head and say crap like "what a prize, cant believe it" yeah they praise themselves for hiding like abunch of cowards and then being able to point a gun at some wonderful living thing and killing it. There are actual people at my school that call hunting "getting in touch with nature" .....i would suggest maybe a hike, or taking some pictures rather then killing. but whatever

also i loathe people who kill animals for fun. I wont get into that though.

Opinionated
02-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey, if people hadn't hunted deer and other animals, we would have no real movement to protect them. So shut up. You'd rather have these people turning guns on other people? If you wouldn't, shut up. This is how some people vent.

Dr.McDoom!
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Did anyone tase wild hare meat on BBQ? Mmmm, chewy! I did only once in my life (mmm, chewy!). There were no bullet holes in it, so it wasn't even shot(wich makes it almost impossible to catch). I definitely woudn't like Led in my meat.

SGI
02-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Well in Australia, Kangaroo hunting is very common. I know most of your are thinking “Oh my god how can the barbaric Australians shoot Kangaroos?” But I’ll tell you something. Kangaroos are actually pests. Their populations fluctuate very rapidly and can cause all sorts of harm to the habitat, not to mention hitting one on the road can do very serious damage to a car.

I remember being in a car with a friend driving back to University from Sydney, and we hit a Kangaroo outside of Lithgow. The car was nearly completely written off. We managed to get home safely, when we finally checked the damage, half the front of the car was virtually gone.

Hunting has its place for population control and to get fresh meat. But unfortunately I am against traditional fox hunting since half the time, rather than shooting the foxes, the rich Englishmen apparently let the dogs maul the fox to death.

Jackk
02-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Hunting, is just a way for crazy rednecks to pass time. I personally don't believe in it, if its not for food, what good is hunting. Take up another sport, why do people have to enjoy themselves by killing other things?

Eris
02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
As the vegetarian hippie I am, I have no problems with hunting. If you ask me, it's way cooler to go out in the woods, shoot some animal and eat it afterwards, than just going to the store to buy the new chicken mincemeat.

As a sport I have some issues with it, killing just to kill is pretty lame. And England needs to stop that fox hunting thing, because seriously, that stuff ain't funny. I don't care if it's tradition, a social thing, a needed hobby for rich people in weird clothes, it's whack, and they need to stop it.

So I guess as long as you don't exterminate the animals, or leave them rotting, it's all right.

I have to agree, but I prefer to see it done on the animal's terms. Killing animals with superior equipment is just pointless.In Sweden it's pretty common to hunt animals like bears from helicopters. HELICOPTERS! They don't stand a chance! What's next? Mortars? Cruise missiles? Lasers from space?

Either mount a battery of laser-tracking surface-to-air missiles on their backs, or go hand-to-hand with them I say.

Buruku
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, if people hadn't hunted deer and other animals, we would have no real movement to protect them. So shut up. You'd rather have these people turning guns on other people? If you wouldn't, shut up. This is how some people vent.
I'm not going to thank people for shooting animals because I now have a reason to protect them, thats just stupid.

Also, if people feel they have to turn guns on eachother, just because they cant shoot an animal, then they belong in jail. AND killing an animal for "venting" purposes is selfish and wrong.

Darth Tyranus
02-18-2006, 05:10 PM
What else are you supposed to do with those arms?
Wow, what a remarkably childish way of looking at things.

Honestly hunting is fine by me, if you want to go kill and gut your own dinner by my guest. And as far as sport hunting goes, I'm aslo fine with that. Whatever gets you through the day and not aiming at people like the raging sociopath you truly are is ok with me.

Eris
02-18-2006, 05:24 PM
People who don't like hunting are whiny enviro's who complain but never get around to fixing the problem.

How do you suggest they "fix" it?

Alien Sinn
02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
You either love it or hate it. I love it. Live with it.

retro
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
One arrest since the law came into effect. Have you read that law in detail? obvisly not my friend, it has to be one of the worst writen laws in modern age.

Have you ever read a newspaper or ever watched the News at all ? well I gather not, from this thread, stop watching Naruto. A fox is some nice simple peachfull creature...no... its a killer & should be hunted by a pack of 20 odd hounds, they should rip them to shreads.

Another pointless thread, oh how i love blood sports

Prophet of Death
02-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I agree with retro. We should eliminate foxes from the earth! :)

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
02-18-2006, 07:56 PM
I agree with retro. We should eliminate foxes from the earth! :)
Thats unbelievably cruel!!!!

Khari
02-18-2006, 08:07 PM
its pretty stupid if its just for sports in my opinion poor animals :(

Xigre
02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
hunting is great... i mean... i like to go, just not every weekend like my dad does. It gets old fast, so i just go every about... month or so... yus, hunting isn't for sport,for me. For me, It's about getting 300 lbs of meat for the price of a bullet, some gas, and a bit of time.