PDA

View Full Version : student caught with a gun

kevinbro
02-17-2006, 03:31 PM
at my high school today the gun was a revolver noone was hurt and i didnt know the person that was caught but it was still scary and last year we had a serious bomb threat and man my school is crazy

Halio
02-17-2006, 04:49 PM
wow creepy

Opinionated
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
A kid at my school got busted for carrying 3 knives and 7 lighters and was trying to sell them. I tell people he got expelled for being a frickin' idiot.

_CTA_
02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
yeah i heard about that. a kid got a gun to school. in america rite?

kevinbro
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
yeah i heard about that. a kid got a gun to school. in america rite?

very funny yes in america in a small town in tennessee it was not really important where it was at just that it scared the crap out of us at our school

kakashiskitty
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
it defianitaly would be messed, a kid was caught with a bunch of knives at my school once

Alien Sinn
02-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Last year, a student at my high school was caught with a 9MM Handgun in his pant leg. He brought it to show some friends and then someone snitched on him. Now, there's nothing I like more than a snitch, but I also dissregard those who try to show off a handgun. Wow, like you're the only person in the world who has a gun in your possession. Seriously now. ~_~

Dr.McDoom!
02-17-2006, 05:57 PM
It is VERY serious wen we talk about .45ACP ammo.
i don't agree with metal detectors at school (WTF is it? a freakin airport?)
but kids could grow up so twisted! Did you read my thoughts on the "No beating law" thread ?
I demmand that his parrents should beat him till he becomes retarded if he was going to point that gun at someone.
_______

anyway, in Europe.... at my school, a class mate of mine got in alcoholic comma after 6 beers on empty stomach before school. lol ... lol again.. they let us go from scool so nobody would know or the school would have a bad reputation in town. (4 years ago) A likeable fellow he was! Dunno why the teachers called him a trouble maker.

Shinjimae
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Most of the Kids at our school carry guns in their trucks, 22's and various sized shotguns mostly but they are for hunting. No one cares, the Principle basically says as long as it stays in the truck it's all good... I guess thats what you get in a Small town in Alabama.

Dr.McDoom!
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Excuse me, Shinjimae, but, since wen do kids have TRUCKS? And full of shotguns even?
Do they hide the "trucks" in they backpaks or something?

Shinjimae
02-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Excuse me, Shinjimae, but, since wen do kids have TRUCKS? And full of shotguns even?
Do they hide the "trucks" in they backpaks or something? Listen, By Kids I meant 10-12th graders, and I don't know what you do with trucks where you live, but down here we use these things called "Parking Lot's". Jebus christ your an

Alien Sinn
02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Maybe they stick them in their pockets and keep their hand in there so no one will notice the trucks they are hiding.
*edit*
Did you hear that? He said jebus.
Alabambians are suck hicks.

Storm Strife
02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Listen dickweed, By Kids I meant 10-12th graders, and I don't know what you do with trucks where you live, but down here we use these things called "Parking Lot's". Jebus christ your an ***Hey hey, no need for that. He thought you meant kids as in lil 'uns who arn't allowed to drive yet. No need to get the claws out just cause the guy mistook what you said.

*EDIT*And there's no need for that either Sinn. If he wants to use the word Jebus, he can. Christ, things like this are gonna get this thread closed...

philmaster628
02-17-2006, 06:39 PM
i be scared too....with a gun

Shinjimae
02-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey hey, no need for that. He thought you meant kids as in lil 'uns who arn't allowed to drive yet. No need to get the claws out just cause the guy mistook what you said.
I highly doubt that he didn't understand what I was saying. If you read his post it reaks of insulting sarcasm.

(:leaniebeanie:)
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Id run and hide and say i dont want to go to school anymore then i would trnasfer schools lol but that has to suck i am happy my school isnt like that atleast i dont think it is!!!:)

Storm Strife
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I highly doubt that he didn't understand what I was saying. If you read his post it reaks of insulting sarcasm.
Re-read his post - my comment still stands. The only thing that I see as sarcasm is the comment about hiding 'trucks' in backpacks.

Shinjimae
02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't see how you can't sense the sarcasm.. So there is no point in arguing with you. Your problem not mine.

Miyazaaki
02-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I remember this one time at my school, this one guy took a gun to school. He shot this one dude who was bullying him. Luckily, he got caught before the one guy got hurt too seriously. But he did get shot in the leg. O.O I was just like "whoa"!

zodiak
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
yeah just throwing this out, but is your school by so chance called Columbine?

Akara
02-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Thats interesting, thats only happened once in my school, he was only four-teen though, kinda wierd, but yeah, it was only a handgun, nothing more, just a small hand gun, even though they can be very harmful.

spireroth_1
02-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Ha Just A Wussy If You Need A Gun To Protect Yourself Than You Are Nothng More Than A Pathetic Weak Imputant Fool.

Other Than Sniper Rifles Those Are Cool I Like Sniping People It Is Funny To See The Expression On Their Face When They Lose At Halo

Jackk
02-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Wow, thats fairly wierd. Closest thing to that at my school are the pranks kids play on my teachers, but we have yet to have a kid bring a gun in.

Faceless111
02-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Ha Just A Wussy If You Need A Gun To Protect Yourself Than You Are Nothng More Than A Pathetic Weak Imputant Fool.

Other Than Sniper Rifles Those Are Cool I Like Sniping People It Is Funny To See The Expression On Their Face When They Lose At HaloYeah. Guns are stupid. We should all learn martial arts and next a mugger comes up to us with a gun or something, we should seriously just try to fight them off with our fists. Great concept there, bud. *cough cough*

I wonder if all the kids at Columbine had guns, the shooters would really get so many victims. I wonder if the lady in Texas, whom had a handgun in her car, would've watch her parents killed execution style if she was allowed to have her gun at her side. I wonder if gun control laws really help, since I see very little evidence saying that it does, in fact, reduce murder rates in America.

sjøpølse
02-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah. Guns are stupid. We should all learn martial arts and next a mugger comes up to us with a gun or something, we should seriously just try to fight them off with our fists. Great concept there, bud. *cough cough*

I wonder if all the kids at Columbine had guns, the shooters would really get so many victims. I wonder if the lady in Texas, whom had a handgun in her car, would've watch her parents killed execution style if she was allowed to have her gun at her side. I wonder if gun control laws really help, since I see very little evidence saying that it does, in fact, reduce murder rates in America.
But that's just feeding even more the fear propaganda. You're not in constant danger. Yes, even with gun control, someone who really wants a gun will find a way to get it. Though it does reduce the risks of accidental shooting, or impulsive murder, and so forth.

Here (Canada), you need a licence to have gun, and one for hunting too. And guns are only allowed for hunting. What you get? Way less murders caused by any kind of riffle, and less murders at all, but that's another story.

The fact is that by encouraging people to get guns to protect themselves against others who have guns, you only encourage their increasing use.

" I wonder if all the kids at Columbine had guns, the shooters would really get so many victims."

As for myself, I wonder if there were gun control, would that kid from Comlumbine ever have gotten a gun in his hands?

Shinjimae
02-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Here (Canada), you need a licence to have gun, and one for hunting too. And guns are only allowed for hunting. What you get? Way less murders caused by any kind of riffle, and less murders at all, but that's another story.

" I wonder if all the kids at Columbine had guns, the shooters would really get so many victims."

As for myself, I wonder if there were gun control, would that kid from Comlumbine ever have gotten a gun in his hands?
Americans are required to have Permits for Guns regardless of what they will use it for. But that dosen't keep smugglers, or people who just don't care giving guns to minors or convicts. Guns in America are intended for only hunting but of course you have people that are going to use them to kill. We do have Gun Control, and the kid still got the gun, he could have stolen his parent's or bought it in the Black Market. Gun Control helps, but not much.

mikichibi
02-18-2006, 03:20 AM
People in America are weird. Why do they let kids have guns?

Shinjimae
02-18-2006, 03:20 AM
... Your joking right?

Jackk
02-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Thats interesting, thats only happened once in my school, he was only four-teen though, kinda wierd, but yeah, it was only a handgun, nothing more, just a small hand gun, even though they can be very harmful.JUST a handgun. Its still a gun, stil deadly, and stil can get him several years in Juvinile hall.

Batman's Assistant
02-18-2006, 12:06 PM
OMG..I WOULD HAVE BEEN SOO SCARED!!! i hope that did'nt traumatize you..

Faceless111
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
But that's just feeding even more the fear propaganda. You're not in constant danger. Yes, even with gun control, someone who really wants a gun will find a way to get it. Though it does reduce the risks of accidental shooting, or impulsive murder, and so forth.

The fact is that by encouraging people to get guns to protect themselves against others who have guns, you only encourage their increasing use.

Yes, the kids at Columbine would still get guns, even with strict gun control laws. Illegally, of course.

But I guess you're right. Self-defense can be dangerous. *note sarcasm*

galdon
02-18-2006, 12:38 PM
well, a little bit ago someone came to my school with a knife, he pulled it out on 'thorn' (nickname not real name) and the genious thorn decided to slap the knife wielder.

:<_<: yah, he isnt the smartest in the world. wierd thing is thorn mannaged to get sent to AEP for about 2 weeks for it.

Prophet of Death
02-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if we were like the saiyans and could have energy fights? That would be tight because then we wouldn't need guns and we could just have giant kung fu fights.

Okay well a kid at my school brought a squirt gun that looked very real. He used it on a kid and the kid told on him and he got suspended...

Opinionated
02-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, MIT, when I meet a saiyin I'll send him your way. Oh wait, I won't meet him. Nevermind.

Xigre
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Please, don't think of it as though the person could have possibly killed you all, but think of it as though they didn't and you should be grateful t those who stopped them, not scared. Logical pessimism is ok.

Kagekotsu
02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
If there was student caught with a gun in my school, I'd get transferred immediately. It's pretty scary when you actually start to think about how close it was that you might have gotten killed or something.. *cold shivers* I'm way too young to die! Okay, that last comment probably didn't have anything to do with the actual subject and I apologize.

But I'm in a vocational school at the moment and I'm pretty sure that if there'd be someone here who would carry a gun around with him/herself, the police would be called immediately. I'm glad to hear that no one got hurt at your school.

Marie2007
02-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Very scary but I am glad nobody got hurt

kevinbro
02-19-2006, 12:19 PM
here is the story in my local newspaper

A ninth-grade Bartlett High student was arrested Friday when officers found a pistol and loaded clip in his backpack, school officials said.

Several students had reported to a school officer that the boy had a revolver, said Shelby County School spokesman Mike Tebbe.

The boy told police he'd found the gun on campus and planned to turn it in at the end of the day, Tebbe said.

"With something like that, there are no excuses," Tebbe said. The boy also was expelled from school.

This is the third time this school year that a gun has been confiscated at a Shelby County school, Tebbe said. Officials sent a note about the incident home with students Friday. The school, which is at 5688 Woodlawn, has about 1850 students.

Tebbe said it's important for students to report any weapons on campus. "We're commending the kids for coming forward and doing the right thing."

KiriKat
02-19-2006, 01:43 PM
hmm...guns at school one of the every day stituations we face within our lives. the first time i heard about a kid bringing a gun at school i got really scared of what might happen if a kid brought a gun at my school. but now that i've heard about that kind of stituation happening over again i don't make a big deal about it anymore i think most of the people living in the world don't make a big deal about all the crimes commited around them whether it's faraway or near. just like the war we are on now it's been happening for so many years now i wonder when will it stop.