PDA

View Full Version : Which girl show is better Sailormoon or Mew Mew Power

Fire-Drake
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I think Mew Mew power sure it's all pink which i hate utterly!
But at least it's not completely focused on a relashionship between, The main character in sailor moon and the equivilent of a hunk at that stage.
Besides Mew Mew power is alot better considering it's all "I like someone but i don't think he likes me."
buts that's just my opinoin

what do you think?

White Tiger X
02-15-2006, 09:16 PM
what do i know about girl animes! but I do think MewMew Power would be a little better than Sailor Moon. I don't know much about these two shows but i have seen them before. but hey, MewMew Power is alot shorter series than Sailor Moon. I only know this because i like to study anime. And I'm a boy that know's a bit about animes. I may have seen alot of MewMew Power And Sailor Moon, doesn't mean I still don't watch boy animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto and other animes like that. And what exactly is the difference between Tokyo MewMew and MewMew Power? I really don't see a difference.

Tobari
02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
I would have to say, Mew Mew Power, I just dislike SailorMoon, and I find Mew Mew Power, really adorable. ^.^;

sailormoonfan#1
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry but I would HAve 2 say Sailor Moon Because I love Sailor moon.:rolleyes:

poppy
02-16-2006, 05:04 AM
tmm is better

Fire-Drake
02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
the difference between mew mew power and Tokyo mew mew is that Mew MEw power has been americanised and they characters names are not Lettuce or Pudding any more i think their names are bridget and kiki now

DNAngelDaisuke
02-16-2006, 04:14 PM
I hate girly girl anime. well any girl-like anime. because i hate the pink color -to much pink in girly girl anime- and it is really dumb and not full of action romance -ok maybe they do, but not how i like it- and comedy. I would chose Mew Mew Power cause i used to watch it on fos at my dad's out of pure boredom.

Dr.McDoom!
02-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Girly girl stuff... sm and tmm have very less things in common, wich makes it harder for me to decide. I'd say tmm (just because their new fashion).

Akara
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Think I'd have to say Mew Mew Power, I'm not a big fan of Sailor Moon, and I'm not a fan at all, I really hate Sailor Moon, alot, I know this is not my place to say, its just I'm telling you this so you know why I picked Mew Mew Power over the other show ( Sailor Moon. ) Anyways, yeah, I'd have to really go with Mew Mew Power, I have never been a fan of Sailor Moon, not even when I was younger, I've always found the show dumb, annoying, and childish, Mew Mew Power, is only slightly, but still, Sailor Moon has a bunch of females undressing at the spot, you know, like magic, other small children are going to think they can do that, and try that at school, very odd.... Anyways, thats why I chose Mew Mew Power over Sailor Moon.. ( Could care less if you have a problem with my post. )

Tatu
02-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I like SailorMoon.. But I like Mew Mew more. Sailormoon is just.. too girlie for me. =P

~World of Elegance~
02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Lets see..I'm gonna go with Sailor Moon. Much longer series,more than enough characters good and bad. There's charaters that eveyone can somehow adore. Weather you like the uber cute or the somewhat creepy, Villians and heros.

Nekosumi
02-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I must say,Sailor Moon.
I don't really like MewMew,and Sailor Moon is for me,classic magical story^_^

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/kukuriku.gif

Miyazaaki
04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Gotta say Mew Mew Power. Renee is awesome. She can kick butt. Sailor Moon is not very good. Mew Mew has an awesome plot and a very good moral. In a strange way.

demon_of_darkness117
04-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I'd definately say Mew Mew. Sailor Moon is just too much of justice and duty and ever sense I watched Slayers, I've hated justice. I also like Mew Mew better because Zoey seems more like a real girl. She doesn't go about talking about love and justice all the time. I also like Mew Mew Power better because of Kisshu! He's so hot! ^^ Also, the Mew Mew's attack doesn't take twenty minutes. I mean, you have to wait forever for the Sailor Scouts attacks.

bluesoul
04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I'd have to say sailor moon.

Kira_yamato69
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Well I have only seen Mew mew power so I would have to say mew mew power.... (I was mad to watch it) >:(

Avore
04-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I like them both.

battlecherry
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
I like Mew Mew Power / Tokyo Mew Mew better ~go endangered animals~:awe:

Sailor Chibimoon
04-13-2006, 10:40 PM
I think Sailormoon is better. It's a more classic-type story with more developed characters that have been around a whole lot longer than 50-something episodes. o_O;

crazy.cookie
04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
i've seen both, i've liked both, but i'll have to go with sailor moon, why ? because it has a better plot, the characters are better developed and i've liked the transformations better.

Keyblader_Roxas
04-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't really care about this but I seriously hate sailormoon and the rest of the scouts. Damn man they all look like whores. Come on people. The only reason guys actually watch it is because of the really short skirts. Plus Mew Mew Power is like the same thing.

kittee
04-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Sailor Moon!

Kenbo
04-16-2006, 04:22 PM
I have to give it to sailormoon and the moonites

Mitarisorceress12
05-09-2006, 09:04 PM
i tihkn Sailormoon is the best that was my very first anime i saw

Maya Miyazono
05-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Sailor moon because Tokyo mew mew is better then mew mew power and chibiusa. =3

†Sakura†
05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Sailor Moon because I havent seen Mew Mew Power but still,Sailor Moon was one of the first animes I have ever seen.

wind-wolf
05-11-2006, 03:40 AM
are you guy who namely pick (cough) sailor (cough) moon
Tokyo Mew Mew ROX
namely because its more action and comedy then kissy goo goo

blerk
:mad:

Notthesameanymore
05-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Definetly Sailor moon, Mew Mew Power is supposed to be like a remake of it. And frankly I'm not impressed. It surely lacks compared to Sailor Moon. Though the Tokyo Mew Mew manga wasn't bad, even though they're all perky and pink and stuff. Sailor Moon was my second anime and I actually liked seeing it every day, but Mew Mew power is just a sad attempt to copy. 4kids really messed it up. -.- I have yet to see the Jap version, so I don't know if its all so different.

aaro
05-11-2006, 06:56 AM
oh come on people ^^ we all know that cute anime just are <3 ^^ so mew mew gets my vote *chases the kittys*

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry guys but Sailor Moon is much better.
It has a better, longer plot.
The characters are more indept.
Tokyo Mew Mew is like a copy of it.
Sailor moon has 5 seasons, which is a lot of episodes.
Sailor moon has a better variety of characters.
and... ok Tokyo Mew Mew seems so...uh...HORRIBLE!

IloveInuYasha!
05-18-2006, 01:06 AM
what do i know about girl animes! but I do think MewMew Power would be a little better than Sailor Moon. I don't know much about these two shows but i have seen them before. but hey, MewMew Power is alot shorter series than Sailor Moon. I only know this because i like to study anime. And I'm a boy that know's a bit about animes. I may have seen alot of MewMew Power And Sailor Moon, doesn't mean I still don't watch boy animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto and other animes like that. And what exactly is the difference between Tokyo MewMew and MewMew Power? I really don't see a difference.Toko mewmew is a magaziene and mewmew power is the tv show,and mewmew power is better hands down!:awe:

Subaru Blue
05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I pick Tokyo MewMew

Uranus_Dare
05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd have to say Sailor Moon. I saw about ten eps of Tokyo Mew Mew and decided I hated it. I found it to be too like Sailor Moon. Way too much. If you notice that during the transformations in Tokyo Mew Mew half of it is mimic from Sailor Moon. Plus Mew Mew's bell weapon looks like one of the weapons Usagi had in one of the movies. Basicly I think Mew Mew is a copycat Sailor Moon. If I'd seen Mew Mew before I'd seen Sailor Moon I might see things differently.

Sweet_
05-23-2006, 03:54 AM
These are my 2 fave shows I CANT CHOOSE ITS HARD!

anime_Geek
06-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Sailor Moon is nice but I choose Mew Mew Power they are so Kawaii and they also loo good enough to eat (when I am hungry) ^__________________^.

~*May Fan*~
06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Sailor Moon is awsome but Mew Mew Power is kawaii which i totally prefer its great!

Sakaki Takano
06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I would say tokyo mew mew

animeangellover
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
sailor moon all the way! i think tokyo mew mew just copied it, like weding peach did!!

Death Blade
06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I think i like mew mew power because the have weirder monsters

cutter
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM
sailor moon (i havnt even haerd of mew mew)

thenewageriseth
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Mew Mew is okay, but I would have to say Sailor Moon. It's because it seems as though that 4 Kids Corp took the original version and flipped it on some ol' boy meets girl thing-esp according to an article I read. Now I;m not dissing it, it's cool. But Sailor Moon is my favorite. Always has been. I didn't even get to watch Mew Mew that much and I think they took it off the line-up on 4 Kids TV. Does anyone know if it still comes on? And is it really 50 episodes? And the characters are too young to be dating or falling in love-just a tad bit esp the yellow girl, she's younger and I think there is MORE to life than just guys, right? ;) So SM, it is! :D *Meanwhile I need to pick up the MewMew manga-maybe it's better...*

thenewageriseth
06-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd have to say Sailor Moon. I saw about ten eps of Tokyo Mew Mew and decided I hated it. I found it to be too like Sailor Moon. Way too much. If you notice that during the transformations in Tokyo Mew Mew half of it is mimic from Sailor Moon. Plus Mew Mew's bell weapon looks like one of the weapons Usagi had in one of the movies. Basicly I think Mew Mew is a copycat Sailor Moon. If I'd seen Mew Mew before I'd seen Sailor Moon I might see things differently.
That's the thing, tho. It's nice to have uniqueness...MewMew does kinda copy off Sailor Moon a lil bit.

Ayana
06-13-2006, 03:57 AM
Everybody has own taste. I haven't seen all "Tokyo Mew Mew" episodes so I can't say which anime is better, but I think "Sailormoon" is like a legend. Mews are fine, their leader is nice and not as babish as Usagi (SM), I like her style. We have many magical girls animes but SM is still number one for my heart.

Rabbit Demon
06-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Mew Mew Power is kawaii but Sailor Moon is stronger but I choose Mew Mew Power.

_usagi_
06-27-2006, 01:44 AM
I really think Sailor moon is better it has a better storyline and more devoloped characters and have a great love story (though I HATE THE LOVEY dOVEY STUFF :p )

Miss Moonlight
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Sailormoon is much better then Tokyo mew mew. Of course, that's because i'm biased. So yes. ^^

sunflower
06-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Though Tokyo Mew Mew is totally kawaii and sweet,
I really like the orignal Sailor Moon,
It had more devoloped characters,
and much powerful enimes,

and that is just what I really think but I really adore the kawaii girls of Tokyo Mew Mew.

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew is so cute. ^.^
But I like Sailor moon better.
It has different enimes.
and more characters.

and Sailor Moon is the orignal.

Sailor Chibimoon
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Well I have only seen Mew mew power so I would have to say mew mew power.... (I was mad to watch it) >:(

This is off topic, but I had to say that your cat is freaking adorable in the picture you have for your signature! I love how the kitty just fits in the poptart box! =D

Staying on topic, I like Sailormoon.

Hotaru-Tomoe
07-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Sailor Moon because it has a deeper plot, better enemies, is practicly the mother of most Magical Girl animes and the characters are more 'in-depth'.
(Each Sailor Senshi represents a planet which matches their Zodiac sign, birth stone, etc, which I think is rather clever.)

Sailor Chibimoon
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Sailor Moon because it has a deeper plot, better enemies, is practicly the mother of most Magical Girl animes and the characters are more 'in-depth'.
(Each Sailor Senshi represents a planet which matches their Zodiac sign, birth stone, etc, which I think is rather clever.)

I have to agree on that. If you look at Sailormoon, it is more developed as series altogether.

Quik
07-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Sailor Moon is the better show, clearly. Tokyo Mew Mew is but a clone that doesn't live up it to its predecessor in the slightest. Sailor Moon beats TMM hard when it comes to plot, character depth, comedy, action, music, so on and so forth. About the only thing TMM beats Sailor Moon at is its super bright pretty colors. Not to say that Sailor Moon does have that, because it does at times (SuperS), but Sailor Moon, as a whole, generally is a somewhat darker styled and more mature anime then TMM. Both of them can be repetitive at times (maybe SM more than TMM), I'll admit that I do see TMM being a bit more interesting with its repetitiveness, but Sailor moon makes up for it. And by that I mean with Sailor Moon, even though at times its repetitive, you keep watching because you know that soon something big or huge is going to happen that makes it all worthwhile, and when it does happen, its done very well. The ladies of Sailor Moon definitely have more depth to them, and we get to see all angles of their personality and feelings, and their great character development. Its amazing to watch them in the first series, and watch them in the last and see how much they have grown. They are very solid characters. It really makes you feel like you know/have known them them. Does the same apply for the girls of TMM, definatly not. Their may be times where they change to fit the situation, but it really doesn't seem convincing enough and for the most part they just seem like fun carefree girls. And Sailor Moon, as a series, always manages to impress when it comes down the climax of the plot, and endings of the series. And like Sailor Chibimoon said, Sailor Moon has much more development as a series all together. Ultimately, this really comes down to personal preference. Someone who would prefer a super colorful, fun, interesting, lighthearted magical girl anime with might enjoy TMM more than Sailor Moon, and someone would would prefer a more serious, not so bright anime with a deep plot, while still remaining fun might enjoy Sailor Moon more than TMM. But as far as deciding which show is all around better, Sailor Moon easily takes the cake.

Koodori Seishou
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Sailor Moon. <3

Yuri-chan
07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Will I get people chasing after me with pitchforks and torches if I saw Tokyo Mew Mew? Give the manga a chance, the 4-Kids version is really crud. I'm just taking TMM side because I love the series. I think that Sailor Moon gets old after a few generations of series. But, this is just my opinion. Don't get angry with me! *flees country*

~Pure Soul~
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I go with mew mew power!

http://www.toonshill.it/cartoni_animati/cartoni_2000/mew/foto/gruppo2.jpg

Rowloman
07-18-2006, 08:32 PM
what do i know about girl animes! but I do think MewMew Power would be a little better than Sailor Moon. I don't know much about these two shows but i have seen them before. but hey, MewMew Power is alot shorter series than Sailor Moon. I only know this because i like to study anime. And I'm a boy that know's a bit about animes. I may have seen alot of MewMew Power And Sailor Moon, doesn't mean I still don't watch boy animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto and other animes like that. And what exactly is the difference between Tokyo MewMew and MewMew Power? I really don't see a difference.
Okay i draw the line their, don't be stereotypical about anime genres, if you read the manga for ruroni kenshin you'd know that at the start most fans were female. Also I do not believe animes should be classified between sexes although i dont like either of these i know lots of guys who do, also im a guy and i enjoyed mai otome and mai hime which could be classified as magical girl animes.

Naomidancing
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
I think it's Sailor Moon that is better, but Mew Mew Power is good.

Naomi

Not~A-Sasuke~Fangirl
08-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Well both are nice but I kinda like Mew betta because they are so cute and the anime is awsome! ^^ I like SM too but well not more then ZAKURO AND ICHIGO!

Kisa_Sohma
08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I like Sailor Moon better because I got this one song stuck in my head for 3 years and yet I still remember it... o.o;

sailor_moon70
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
sailor moon

TheOathkeeper25
08-07-2006, 02:57 PM
i say its mewmew power

Ryuku Merosiky
08-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Salior moon is better cause it's a good show and has been out longer, More orignal.

Dark_Chii
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I like Both these animes are really nice!

sakura_haruno25
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Sailor Moon is better, even though I abandoned my likeness for it years ago. As I look back now, I realize how it surpasses some new anime shows today and it just has this originality that I can't explain that makes it better than Mew Mew Power...

tears of sorrow
08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
nither, they are too girly!

gothic tears
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I say Sailor Moon cause we grew up together. Actully me and my friends and one guy friend who oddly knew alot about it were talking about it yesterday. But yep, thats my choice!

sokii
08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
mew mew power
it so cute !!

Strutz
08-09-2006, 06:40 PM
sailormoon

Lorikachan98112
08-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Mew Mew Power.

prettyketty
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Um......I don't no other way to say this but....no offense.....Mew Mew sucks! To me anyways. But I personally thin Sailor Moon is better.

Hikari23
08-10-2006, 04:08 AM
I like Sailor moon because it is my favourite anime. Mew mew power is also good but I watch only sailor moon.

Rae1991
08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Sailormoon of course, I mean classic's are the best. I remember watching that show when I was younger, I loved it. Sailormoon has a special place in my heart.:D

Misha1688
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I like Sailor Moon better. Mew mew power seems to me like it was made for lil girls and I ain't so lil. :)

Sailor Chibimoon
08-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I like Sailormoon. Why do people keep posting this same question over and over again? I swear, I think I've seen it like 3 times already on this section.

KazuYuki
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
i agree that mewmew power is like totally the best.

Agomae
08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Mew Mew Power...no questions ask.........................btw,i've seen the english version though....that one guy sounds like he's voiced by a 40-year old man........freaky....:D

Dark_Cloud-Xiao
08-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Sailor moon because Tokyo mew mew is better then mew mew power and chibiusa. =3
I totally agree

Elfy
08-24-2006, 06:46 AM
hmm..I prefer sailor moon

A True Friend
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I have to say Mew Mew because I watched Sailor moon

like when I was 2 and I hardly remember anything

and mew I remember more thats why nayan!

Hokage0893
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
salor moon thay have girl powa mew mew is lame they only have powers because they are weak salor moon could defeat all her bad guys evn without her powers ya heard me but does salor moon still come on anymore they use to show on tonnami in 2000-20001 i think sumthin like that:p

KRPrincess24
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Sailormoon!!!

kingdomhearts122
08-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Even though Salior Moon was my first anime I like Mew Mew Power way better. There is a whole lot of romance which I love.

:love:
:dancing:
:flaming:
:band2:

whitemew
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
i would have to say that they are both pretty good, at haert i am a true moonie fan :happy:

mew mew power has a lot of romance but sailor moon has way more and you see it go from ok to good to bad to ok to good to bad to ... well u get the pictrue. but in mew mew power it just goes togood to bad and back to good.
:)

:groupwave

Akara
11-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I'll have to go with Mew Mew Power. It's cute, and their outfits actually cover themselves a bit' more.

小美ドクロchan
11-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I'd have to say Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon because the love stories/couples don't make me want to go kill the writers the way Mew Mew's does.

One last note.......

MASAYA SUCKS!!!

Princess Hoshi
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
*SIGH* I like both Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon. They both appeal to my interest in anime. It doesn't really matter that "so-so is too girlie for me" or "so-so has bad dubbings". =)

*Bec*
11-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Sailor Moon for sure. I feel that Mew Mew Power is like a copy of Sailor Moon. I'm someone that goes for the original idea. Once again that is only my opinion. Sailor Moon was great!

CrimsonLumiere
11-21-2006, 04:27 AM
I both like them but I choose SailorMoon

Suichiro Taguchi
11-21-2006, 05:05 AM
mew mew.. >_> because my sister said so!! XD bye..

Tomoyo01
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Mew Mew! I love Tokyo Mew Mew! Zakuro is one of my favorite characters out of all animes! And I just hateSailor Moon!

Princess Hoshi
11-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Sailor Moon for sure. I feel that Mew Mew Power is like a copy of Sailor Moon. I'm someone that goes for the original idea. Once again that is only my opinion. Sailor Moon was great!
I do like Sailor Moon too. But I want to prove a point that Tokyo Mew Mew is not a copy from Sailor Moon. It was not Mia-Ikumi-san's intention to make a female superhero series. To make it true, I give you her words. Her first drawing of the "dark ichigo" made her editors ask if she wanted to a horror series. Ikumi always wanted a character with cat ears. And so, she decided to show it to her editors and see what they thought......

(Tokyo Mew Mew Manga Vol. 1: "Who is this Character? Part 1")

"They really liked it, and started to build a story around this character instead of doing a horror piece. After suggestions like "draw another character" and "we should have five characters like this," it ended up being a Female Superhero series. That was not my original intention. I wanted to have a more dramatic character, so I had some reservations after Ichigo was finalized as the main character. However, I don't think a dramatic character would have been appropiate for Nakayoshi magazine. It's funny to think that without this character, Tokyo Mew Mew would not exist today."

I just want you to realize that...Tokyo Mew Mew was not a copy off of Sailor Moon...

harusame
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Mew Mew Power is better.

GoddessFeena37
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I'd go with Sailor Moon. They draw better. I still like Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, but Sailor Moon is way better to me! ^^

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
11-27-2006, 07:53 AM
SAILOR MOON IS BETTER MEW MEW POWER IS A STUPID KNOCK OFF OF SAILOR MOON!!!! IT'S THE SAME THING!!!!!! DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS OR AM I THE ONLY ONE AND IT TICKS ME OFF TOO!!! SAILOR MOON DID REALLY, REALLY GOOD AND THEN MEW MEW COMES OUTTA NO WHERE AND IT'S A STUPID KNOCK OFF OF SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAILOR MOON RULES!!! MEW MEW POWER DROOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~die hard sailor moon fan~

小美ドクロchan
11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Tokyo Mew Mew isn't a knock off of Sailormoon. It is a magical girl show. LOTS of magical girl shows are very very similar.

If anything is too much like Sailormoon, it's WEDDING PEACH. o_O

Slifer-san
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Tokyo Mew Mew for me

Raine Dragon
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I have to go with sailor moon. I've been a fan of sailor moon for the past 10 years, and the story still appeals to me. However TMM although cute, doesn't hold my attention at all.

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew isn't a knock off of Sailormoon. It is a magical girl show. LOTS of magical girl shows are very very similar.

If anything is too much like Sailormoon, it's WEDDING PEACH. o_O
yes it is! it's just like sailor moon. take that guy that helps them fight the bad guys! he acts just like Tuxedo Mask!!! and if that's true about Wedding Peach then I'm going to definately have to check that one out.

小美ドクロchan
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
yes it is! it's just like sailor moon. take that guy that helps them fight the bad guys! he acts just like Tuxedo Mask!!! and if that's true about Wedding Peach then I'm going to definately have to check that one out.
Dude, it's a standard magical girl formula! A guy always helps out because that makes an opportunity for romance: The same thing happens in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Princess Tutu, Pretear, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Akazukin Chacha and so on and so forth.

Yeah Wedding Peach is so incredibily similar-the themes, the heroines, the villians, the art style even the MUSIC which is sucky but the style's so freaking similar!

I think Mew Mew is actually original for throwing the animal connections in.

kyubichan
11-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Wedding Peach was very strangely similar to Sailormoon... I didn't like it though XD The characters were too generic, except for the fourth girl.

I can't comment on Sailormoon vs Mew Mew as anime because I haven't watched all of Mew Mew's episodes. But I like it's character designs, very cute ^^ And Chibichan's right, the animal connections made it original.

Princess Hoshi
11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
SAILOR MOON IS BETTER MEW MEW POWER IS A STUPID KNOCK OFF OF SAILOR MOON!!!! IT'S THE SAME THING!!!!!! DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS OR AM I THE ONLY ONE AND IT TICKS ME OFF TOO!!! SAILOR MOON DID REALLY, REALLY GOOD AND THEN MEW MEW COMES OUTTA NO WHERE AND IT'S A STUPID KNOCK OFF OF SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that I AM INVISIBLE AND NO ONE LOOKED AT WHAT I SAID ABOUT TOKYO MEW MEW AND SAILOR MOON NOT BEING KNOCK OFFS. ;_; *crawls into corner* v.v

Jagan Eye
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Mew Mew Power is really girly and Sailor Moon is somewhat like it w/o the cutey little girls-ness b/c in Sailor Moon, I think some of the girls are not that well drawn to look girly.

AnkoMitarashi
11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I like SailorMoon better...um...I would probably like Mew Mew Power better than Sailor Moon if I saw it...x.x...

小美ドクロchan
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
It seems that I AM INVISIBLE AND NO ONE LOOKED AT WHAT I SAID ABOUT TOKYO MEW MEW AND SAILOR MOON NOT BEING KNOCK OFFS. ;_; *crawls into corner* v.v

It's okay. *pat pat* They ignore me too. I guess we'll both be ignored together!

Quik
11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Dude, it's a standard magical girl formula!Is wasn't a standard formula until others took the aspect from Sailormoon and ran with it.

It seems that I AM INVISIBLE AND NO ONE LOOKED AT WHAT I SAID ABOUT TOKYO MEW MEW AND SAILOR MOON NOT BEING KNOCK OFFS. ;_; *crawls into corner* v.v Either that or they think your explanation of TMM not being a copy of Sailormoon doesnt prove your point. See now, I understand what you're trying to say, but it still doesnt show what you want it to show. Mia had no plans to do a magical girl series to begin with, okay, but after her editors got their hands on it and wanted to change it around and such, it turned out to be strikingly similar to Sailormoon (I personally don't think its coincidental), which is why its often called a copy/clone/etc. It may not of been her original intentions, but it still turned out a Sailormoon clone.

And there's no really no use saying a lot of magical girl anime are similar to Sailormoon, because obviously TMM is more than only similar since it gets hit with this issue constantly. I really haven't noticed and other magical girl animes that can be deemed as a Sailormoon copy (except for Wedding Peach, of course). There are exceptions, like Cardcaptor Sakura. I like CCS a lot, because its a magical girl anime thats very original. Thats what pulled me in and kept me hooked.

zerog
11-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Sailor Moon, Tokyo mew mew is okay, no offense but I like Sailor Mars better than Mint, who is my fav and really cool... I love Sailor Mars! there I said it... ^_^

Capernicus
11-30-2006, 01:25 AM
Sailor Moon of course.

I remeber in season 1....one of Usagi's classmates (non-Senshi) fell in love with one of Beryls henchmen...and he fell for her, it was a tearful ending when he was killed by Beryl. Thats one of the reasons I love Sailormoon. And when Darrien (sp?) was brainwashed and worked for Beryl up to the climaxic season finale!

I think Mew Mew is like 50 episodes. *shrugs* SM, what over 150? And three or more movies. The difference is though, that SM had a new threat, change in scenery.

-Batman-
11-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Sailor moon. Can't stand the show, but i'm lost as to what a mew mew power is, and i'm too late to check. Unless it's that tokyo mew mew crap (i'll just assume it is) from fox box. In which case...
Sailor moon, because I was actually able to sit through a few episodes.

小美ドクロchan
11-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I think Mew Mew is like 50 episodes. *shrugs* SM, what over 150? And three or more movies. The difference is though, that SM had a new threat, change in scenery.
Mew Mew=52 eps, 7 vols of manga but then there's a sequel

Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon=200 eps! :laugh: EIGHTEEN volumes of manga

Kit Katy
11-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Sailor moon maybe more popular but tokyo mew mew makes more sence then sailor moon. Sailor moon has some episodes where they just name things that happen.

Toyama Tokanaea
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
I'd have to go with Tokyo Mew Mew Power, I really can't say Sailor Moon is better.

Princess Hoshi
11-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Is wasn't a standard formula until others took the aspect from Sailormoon and ran with it.

Either that or they think your explanation of TMM not being a copy of Sailormoon doesnt prove your point. See now, I understand what you're trying to say, but it still doesnt show what you want it to show. Mia had no plans to do a magical girl series to begin with, okay, but after her editors got their hands on it and wanted to change it around and such, it turned out to be strikingly similar to Sailormoon (I personally don't think its coincidental), which is why its often called a copy/clone/etc. It may not of been her original intentions, but it still turned out a Sailormoon clone.

And there's no really no use saying a lot of magical girl anime are similar to Sailormoon, because obviously TMM is more than only similar since it gets hit with this issue constantly. I really haven't noticed and other magical girl animes that can be deemed as a Sailormoon copy (except for Wedding Peach, of course). There are exceptions, like Cardcaptor Sakura. I like CCS a lot, because its a magical girl anime thats very original. Thats what pulled me in and kept me hooked.
Yes you have a point. I found out about the TMM manga just reading through the previews of another Tokyopop manga. I knew it was something like Sailor Moon, and I knew I would enjoy it. Also, I wanted to read a new magical girl series at the time. So got the first manga and I fell in love with it. It is such a great magical series. What makes it unique is how it uses animals that are on the brink of extinction for a theme. I love Sailor Moon also. I enjoy them both. =) I don't care if it's a spinoff or not. It's the feeling I like when I watch/read a magical girl anime. Give me anything. Wedding Peach, Kaleido Star, Kamichama Karin, Akazukin ChaCha, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, etc. I'll enjoy it. <3~

That's Impossible
11-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes you have a point. I found out about the TMM manga just reading through the previews of another Tokyopop manga. I knew it was something like Sailor Moon, and I knew I would enjoy it. Also, I wanted to read a new magical girl series at the time. So got the first manga and I fell in love with it. It is such a great magical series. What makes it unique is how it uses animals that are on the brink of extinction for a theme. I love Sailor Moon also. I enjoy them both. =) I don't care if it's a spinoff or not. It's the feeling I like when I watch/read a magical girl anime. Give me anything. Wedding Peach, Kaleido Star, Kamichama Karin, Akazukin ChaCha, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, etc. I'll enjoy it. <3~ if i were to say which is better i'd say.....hmmmmm well tie
I think it's a tie because Sailor Moon was soooo cute and i loved there movies my fav charactor from that show was reni and Mew mew Power because I LOVEd it when they tranceformed and did some cool (moves) i like carina from that one and mark is CUTE i must bow to them:awe: ! And thats how i feel thak you for your time!

Quik
11-30-2006, 04:49 PM
one of Usagi's classmates (non-Senshi) fell in love with one of Beryls henchmen...and he fell for her, it was a tearful ending when he was killed by Beryl.The girl was Naru (Molly in the dub). The guy you're talking about is Nephrite (Neflite in the dub). He was intentionally killed by Zoisite's monsters- and right in front of Naru too. It was a really sad moment. Naru (the senshi too) was crying up a storm as Nephrite died in her arms.http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

I think Mew Mew is like 50 episodes. *shrugs* SM, what over 150? And three or more movies. The difference is though, that SM had a new threat, change in scenery.Sailor Moon has 18 manga volumes, 200 episodes, 3 moves, numerous specials, numerous musicals, a 46 episode live action series, extra/special live action episodes, other random things... and a knock off anime series called Tokyo Mew Mew! (I just had to throw that in for fun, lol)

I don't care if it's a spinoff or not. It's the feeling I like when I watch/read a magical girl anime. Give me anything. Wedding Peach, Kaleido Star, Kamichama Karin, Akazukin ChaCha, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, etc. I'll enjoy it. <3~Thats great. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

sasukelover123
12-02-2006, 04:38 PM
But at least it's not completely focused on a relashionship between, The main character in sailor moon and the equivilent of a hunk at that stage.
Besides Mew Mew power is alot better considering it's all "I like someone but i don't think he likes me."

what do you think?
i think mew mew is better

dog199200
12-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I like Sailor Moon more then Mew Mew power, because well I don't know, I guess it is because Sailor Moon is more exiting.

That's Impossible
12-03-2006, 05:43 PM
hi anyone noe how to post? if so tell me please step by step. Thank you

That's Impossible
12-03-2006, 05:44 PM
hi anyone now how to post? if so tell me please step by step. Thank you

Princess Hoshi
12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
hi anyone now how to post? if so tell me please step by step. Thank you

I cannot really understand your question... Post what? o-o; The double post really wasn't neccessary also...<.<

sakura rukia
01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
i pick both they so rock:p

sakura rukia
01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
why did you say that princess hoshi geez youll make mew mew fans mad.:D

HyuugaHinata18
01-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I say Sailor Moon

Hamashimura
01-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Mew Mew is way more better!!!

XxJadexX
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Sailor Moon!

ThePsychoticPuppy
01-13-2007, 01:57 AM
I choose Sailor Moon, but I'm a moonie (it sounds cooler than mewie :P).

I saw Sailor Moon first and it actually held my interest, which is pretty much miraculous considering who I am. I could never get into Tokyo Mew Mew, it was just not as interesting.

Fragile.Dreams
01-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I don't particularly like either series because there are WAY better anime/manga series out there.....

But I'd have to say Sailor Moon.

Kittyninjamewmew
01-13-2007, 07:33 AM
well in my opinion i'd say Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power is better than Sailor Moon

Sayasha
01-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Mew Mew power is better than Salior moon, Mew Mew power has better fight scenes and is more technical, also, i never did really watch salior moon, so i have to go with Mew Mew power. (and kiki is so cute! she is so small and hyperactive. also i love cats! and dren is pretty cute too! :p )

Quik
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Mew Mew power has better fight scenesRofl. Funny.

also, i never did really watch salior moonFigures.

Nighthawk
01-13-2007, 02:14 PM

what do you think?

OMG, you cant compare a true classic with some random anime, thats like "whats better, a Bugatti Royale or a Honda CRX". Sailor Moon is remembered by a whole generation, that other series will be forgotten soon. And theres more to Sailor Moon than just girliness and pink and kissy kissy. You just have to have some spirit to notice it ;p Then again, we didnt have such a messed up Dub. (*puke*)

arcanine123465
01-17-2007, 08:33 PM
mew mew power

sasunarubishoujo
01-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Saliormoon.
Mew Mew doesnt even stand a chance sorry.

The Blue Baron
01-18-2007, 10:09 AM
personally i think there both really lame, just a bunch of skimpy girls running around thinking there saving the world Rofl!!

小美ドクロchan
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
personally i think there both really lame, just a bunch of skimpy girls running around thinking there saving the world Rofl!!

Not thinking they are. They are. In their world, everyone on earth would be screwed without them. Also you might want to spell your first "there" as "they're" and your second "there" as "they're" to avoid confusion. :P

BSSM619
01-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Which girl show is better: My favorite will always be Sailor Moon.

♥Maiden.Cookie♥
01-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Sailor Moon will always be better than Tokyo Mew Mew!

Moonlight Densetsu
02-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Sailor Moon is better than Mew Mew Power hands down.

hot766
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
i say mew mew power.

RedRose
04-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I like Sailor Moon more than Mew Mew Power by far. I don't really like what they did with Mew Mew Power as a show, I like the manga better.

Nessie
04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Sailor Moon. Best anime ever in my opinion. It's the original Magical Girl Anime/manga. I've seen Tokyo Mew Mew, the anime version, I've heard it's crap compared to the manga though. But I doubt I'd change my opinion on this thought ever. Sailor Moon was my first anime, and I loved watching it.

Clawdia
04-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I hate both Mew Mew Power and Sailor Moon.

But I totally love Tokyo Mew Mew, MMP's sub.

enchantixgirl24
04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
i would have to say both
sailor moon because
1 first anime ever seen
2 love the show
3 i like the sailor soilders and the way they fight
4 tuxedo mask is cute and i love the way he trows the roses
5 chibiusa and chibi chibi are cute and power full

mew mew power because
1 i like the way they fight
2 love there outfits
3 i like the show overall

but think about it opinoin now if you asked me who would win out of mew mew power and sailor moon in my way of thinking
easy for me to say
SAILOR MOON!

DarkMoonPrince
04-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Sailor Moon is my option, I just like it.

Tsukino_Usagi
04-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Sailor Moon is better to me, and that's what I like.
I don't have anything against Tokyo Mew Mew is just
that Sailor Moon will always be my favorite. It will stand
the test of time.

shakkun
05-29-2007, 05:03 AM
I prefer Mew Mew..

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-05-2007, 12:07 PM
I'll say, Mew mew Tokyo, cause I really luv cats, and I haven't exactly saw sailor moon. And besides, They transform into animals. I just luv those kinds of anime.

Sakura-Kinomoto
06-16-2007, 06:08 PM
mew mew power all the way. :)

mpf23
06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Sailor Moon is my most fave anime. and its not my fave all because it was the first anime I saw, my first anime was pokemon. I love Sailor Moon cuz, there are more episodes, and more emotion, more tears, more deaths, and MUCH more awesome powers, I mean Sailor Pluto can stop time, Sailor Saturn can destroy a planet, and be reborn. and Sailor Moon can save the world, and ever since I started watching Sailor Stars season on Youtube, I got a big inspiration from Seiya, in one episode he was telling Usagi about everyone having a shining star, and in some other animes that talked about not giving up, or to stay strong, I always say that to people on other forums, I tell them I CAN do it, I can shine.....and I also like sailor moon because of how deep some things go, I actually cry on the sad episodes, and those are things TMM doesn't have, TMM is just about a love story and preteens, and sailor moon goes far as usagi and mamoru having a child, and royalty, and you can learn a lot of things from sailor moon. and also sailor moon is a easy anime for making AMVs cuz a lot of songs can fit into a piece of the anime. and there are more couples, and those mew mew cafe uniforms make them look like maids cleaning up a hotel room, I like TMM's henshins and attacks, but I still like Sailor Moon better, and Sailor Moon has lots and lots of songs, and much more famous than TMM.

keezy.
06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
well i say Mew Mew Power bcuz i <3 animals and i think it's cool that they were fused w/ animals.

Gretel
06-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I hate both, but..
Tokyo Mew Mew...better than Sailor Moon.

UnlovedGirl
06-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew I love their eyes so kawaii

Kawairashii hikari
06-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Sailor moon is better but if we were talking about manga Tokyo Mew Mew is better than Sailor moon

Saiyan Destroyer
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Considering Mew Mew Power is BASICALLY Sailor Moon only as kids, I'd roughly ahve to say Sailor Moon.

I'm a guy and I'll admit my first exposure to anime was Sailor Moon and not hentai. Sailor Moon did something for me, I liked the story, REALLY liked the animation, don't get me wrong I love the silly stuff like when Jiraiya asked Naruto remain in his Sexy-Jutsu and he ended up losing all color, eyes flat lined, and head tilted sideways. I love that silly stuff, I want more of that honestly. But I loved the way Sareena and the others freaked out, it was well done.

Mew Mew Power on the other hand from what I've caught of it (considering I was 19 when that came out, I long out grew Saturday Morning Cartoons not named "The Tick" or "X-Men" the drama verison of X-Men) did nothing for me. I rather bothered me. So I watched a few episodes on youtube to give it a try. Again did not, but not bothered me as much. I'm guessing I was drawn to how much more adult-ish Sailor Moon is VS to how much more kid friendly Mew Mew Power is.

Don't get me wrong, I think female empowerment shows like Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power are great for young girls. Since there's SO MUCH Male dominated shows, I think it's fair they get something once in a while. It kind of IMO gives young girls something to aspire to like young boys with the Power Rangers (when I was growing up, I wanted to be the Blue Ranger) or Policemen/Soldiers, or even Wrestlers. I didn't out grow the Wrestling or Soldier part w00t.

I just think that girl empowerment shows haven't been able to get what they needed. I don't know what Sailor Moon did, but the authoress did it right. She should reveal her secret to other female empowerment authoresses. I don't think they'll catch on too terribly good if they're shown at like 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM. I mean when I was a kid, I didn't wake until 9 or 10. Now I'm lucky if I'm up before 2 PM. My opinion it shows like that should be aired around 10 or 11 because more people are awake and watching TV then. The only good Female Empowerment/Female Primary Viewing shows were Sailor Moon and Gravitation, IMO.

Gravitation... THAT'S an exception to this discussion, I got going to comment there.

SailorShana04
07-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Sailor Moon is way better! I love both, but Mew Mew Power is just like Sailor Moon but instead of planets its animals. Sailor Moon is way better and having Tuxedo Mask in it is another plus!:D

Elysian Sunrise
07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Sailor Moon takes me waay back! Definitely that one.

Hitsugaya389
07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
anime: Sailor Moon( TMM- What's with the blue knight's shorts?!?!)
Manga: Neither

mitsuki tensei
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
i say sailor moon......

Lilium Filix
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I've always been more drawn to Sailor Moon, again like most people it was my very first anime. ( Along with Dragon Ball Z ) Plus, the maturity and the well portrayed characters outdid that of Mew Mew Power. ( Even, though Mew Mew Power is more kid-friendly. I just prefer the more mature theme of SM. ) Tokyo Mew Mew, however, I have yet to see.

P.S ( What about Powerpuff Girls Z? D; )

nekogrl
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I think I prefer TMM. Prolly because I barely remember the anime of Sailor Moon, but I saw one of the movies, and I prefer TMM over that movie.

CherryMei
07-13-2007, 07:50 AM
i think both of them...but sailor moon is old enough...although sailor moon is old is has a good and nice story so i vote for the sailor moon...^^,

Demon_boy_92
07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
I think TMM is better, i like sailor moon and all. But i like TMM better

Chariza
07-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I say Sailor Moon...i've been a big fan since i was small

Elphaba
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
i like both they are sorta the same thing...and they are both cool