PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Panic

Shinigami Ichigo
02-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I recently heard about this new series set to start airing soon called Strawberry Panic. I was just wondering if anyone knew much about this show, such as when it is due to begin airing (would check the site, but I can't read Japanese). Any help appreciated, thanks.:)

Dark Amaya14
02-13-2006, 12:10 AM
So far I have read that Starwberry Panic is yuri anime. It doesn't say when it's going to be airing. Hope these websites give you idea was its going to be about.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3634,tzcbir,strawberry_pani.html
http://anime.miao.us/archives/2006/01/01/558/

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 12:32 AM
I have heard of the title around the net before. Isn't there a manga for it? Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for the air date and any groups which may take it up for a project, as it sounds good, and I am a yuri fan.

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey, if you like romance, and you like girls, girl romance is a win-win. I am certainly hoping to see a fansubber pick it up, as licensing is probably nowhere near being in sight.

poppy
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
never heard of it
i would enjoy a strawberry picnic though that would be nice
good luck with your show airing

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 02:08 PM
never heard of it
i would enjoy a strawberry picnic though that would be nice
good luck with your show airing n00b...(it is more appropriate)...
1. Strawberry Panic
2. It is not his anime
3. What the [heck] were you reading?

Anyway, it will doubtfully be license, as most shojo-ai/shounen-ai anime are not licensed(so rarely that I nearly went into shock when I found out Bakuretsu Tenshi was licensed), so the fansubbers will be able to have a go at it for a while.

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, I just hope a group known for quality (such as AKeep or one of those) picks it up. Hate downloading from groups titled like "wesuck" and stuff.

BTW, I didn't know that BakuTen was shoujo-ai. Shock.

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, I just hope a group known for quality (such as AKeep or one of those) picks it up. Hate downloading from groups titled like "wesuck" and stuff.

BTW, I didn't know that BakuTen was shoujo-ai. Shock.
Pray for Dattebayo or Aone to pick it up. They are, in my opinion, two of the best around. Perhaps even Shinsen will pick it up...that would give me an excuse to go on IRC again...

BakuTen was not outwardly shoujo-ai, but because of the very, very suspicious relationship between Joe and Meg, it is considered to be.

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I am not too hopeful for AonE, merely due to their "speed" with subbing Naruto. Is DB any good? I know I got the first Naruto movie from them, but not sure about accuracy.

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I am not too hopeful for AonE, merely due to their "speed" with subbing Naruto. Is DB any good? I know I got the first Naruto movie from them, but not sure about accuracy. I will take DB above anyone. I have switched fansubbers on different series several times because DB sometimes starts series a bit late. Despite this, they catch up quickly, and they release episodes within 24 hours after the RAW is out.
I like Aone if I am just going to add a series to my archive after I watch it. They are slow, but very high quality. They have also subbed more series than most groups out there, so they have experience with them(although this seems the be cause of their slow release times).

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, since this series is yuri and not the fluffier shoujo-ai, I am not too hopeful that a fansubber will release it. The only group I can think of that might pick it up is LIME anime (who is also going to do Kannazuki no Miko, which is another yuri anime). In that case, I would have to hope for a licensing soon :p

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Well, since this series is yuri and not the fluffier shoujo-ai, I am not too hopeful that a fansubber will release it. The only group I can think of that might pick it up is LIME anime (who is also going to do Kannazuki no Miko, which is another yuri anime). In that case, I would have to hope for a licensing soon :p
When is LIME going to start up that series? I havn't gotten anything from them for a while...

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I think according to their site, they begin doing it in April. BTW, do you download Fate/Stay Night, and if so, from which group?

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I have the torrents for episodes 1-4, but I have yet to use them to watch the series. I believe they are from Eclipse.

Shinigami Ichigo
02-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I have gotten episodes 1-5 from Mahou, and right now I am working on 6 from KuroNeko.

BTW, know of any other good or decent yuri/shoujo-ai anime out there?

Gjallarhorn
02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Unforunatly no. I have been looking, but nothing sounds good...or even decent...

Crimson Soul
02-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Starwberry Panic is yuri anime
and you like girls, girl romance is a win-win
since this series is yuri and not the fluffier shoujo-ai well my interest has been reached (those quotes, and the animation quality looks pretty good from some of the pics), now i can't wait for it to come out

Shinigami Ichigo
02-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Admittedly, the animation quality is the thing that got me excited about this series as well.