PDA

View Full Version : Any one like graffiti

jing fi is back
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I like graffiti its cool i made some my self but i never put it one the streets

Shinjimae
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Nice, I don't have an artistic bone in my body but I do like the way grafiti looks. My bro used to do it in downtown Birmingham, but if anyone else has been there you know that most of the walls are painted and it's not takin too seriously.

jing fi is back
02-09-2006, 06:41 PM
seems like you got a cool bro

Shinjimae
02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Thx:happy:

Imagine a 30 year old that thinks he is a 20 year old and youve got my bro.. I think he is kool..

Angel~Eyes
02-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmmm, I don't mind graffiti if it is done with a purpose and is not overly offensive. There are many people who graffiti trains in my city, but they do a really good job and it appears that the graffiti is not offending anyone because it remains on the trains for a good while. Some people are very talented, so in that situation I don't mind it. If, however, graffiti is created to be rude or offensive, then I really do not see the point and in no way appreciate it.

Luv Angel Eyes

Tsuna Kadiri
02-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I LOVE graffiti. And when I say love, I mean LOVE.

The entire style about it is fascinating to me. It's insane how awesome some of those works can be. I switched my handwriting style around so that it could look more graffiti-like. Even thought that's a little nerdy, I don't care. ^^;

What I would give if I could write like that. Geesh, I'd give my left foot to be as talented as some of those artists. I don't need my left foot anyways, I'd amputate it for them.

jing fi is back
02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
I would give up my xbox 306 to be abole to tag like that

zodiak
02-09-2006, 07:24 PM
i liek graffiti, except tagging graffiti. It's stupid. The artistic type is beautiful.

neo_wolfwood_187
02-09-2006, 07:24 PM
I Used To Do Graffiti On The Walls, But Now I Just Do It On Paper. There's Nowhere In My Town To Make A Good Graffiti, But It's Ok. I Save Paint And Time... So I'ts Been About 7 Years Since I Have Done One
In A Wall....

darkfire01
02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
i like graffiti. i don't really care what it is either it makes the plain city stuff look better. i think its kool.

jing fi is back
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
come on I know there more graffiti lovers out there

Bluefox-chan
02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
graffii is pretty cool...ive never done it but i have friends that have...

Yumi-chan
02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
that's awsome, i can't do graffiti...v.v

nega_knives
02-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Yea I Like Graffiti It Is Cool My Friend Used To Graffiti Everything

En Svensk Tiger
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
i liek graffiti, except tagging graffiti. It's stupid. The artistic type is beautiful.
This is a pretty common point of view for the average joe. As long as it's not on their wall, and it has a great deal of colors in it, it's ok. "I Like graffiti, but I hate tagging. That's vandalism, but I sure love a color piece though."

What people fail to understand, is that both tags, throwups, silvers, all the stuff people usually dislike, is really, really hard to to. A tag can be beautiful, as can a quick throwup, if the person who executes it is skilled. A good tag is probably 10 times harder to do than a decent looking piece. It takes years of practice. But ordinary people (yes, we call them that) can't tell the difference by a tag made by some 12 year toy, and a legendary writer who has practiced for years.

A lot of people also think that some people, artistic people do the pieces, while some other rebel punks go around tagging. While there certainly are some punks who just go around tagging for the hell of it, usually, the writer who just made something you consider colorful and beautiful, will also have made the tags and throwups all over town that you dislike so much.

In short, as long at it is a skilled person doing it, there is no difference when it comes to the artistic value, be it a tag, piece, silver or throwup.

Now go wach Style Wars if you're further interested.

Baka
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I like graffiti. It takes a high level of artistic talent. But its not cool to do it on buildings unless the owner wants you to. I know people who were paid to tag on a liquor store by the owner.

poppy
02-10-2006, 03:10 PM
!grafiti!
cant do it but looks good
dont like the marajuana leaves painted all over my town though or the nazi alien

juji-san
02-10-2006, 03:21 PM
i love artistic graffiti, i'm sorta ok at it but i still need practise ^^

Puffy Mushroom
02-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I like graffiti. Not all of it though... I've seen enough garbage in this town to completely lose all respect for anyone who just spray paints some offensive phrase on a wall somewhere. As long as it's well done, and not offensive or distasteful, I love it. I don't care what it is, really; like En Svensk Tiger said, the really artistic tags are just as great as the "artwork" pieces.

I also have no respect for those people that just throw up their shoddy tag over top of someone's beautifully-crafted, well-thought-out, nicely done tag. There's no reason for that, and furthermore, it disrespects the person whose tag you're obscuring with your trash.

Koodori Seishou
02-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I've seen some pretty cool ones out there, and I've seen some pretty simple ones. I like the big elaborate ones with the shadowing on the words and the different colors and all the decorations and stuff. ^^