PDA

View Full Version : Online Manga or Physica Manga?

Opinionated
02-03-2006, 09:51 PM
So what do you prefer, and online manga or a physica manga? An online manga like Aoi House, Ravenskull, Destiny's Hand, and Blade for Barter are more or less a comic strips put online in weekly segments. It's somewhat hard to keep up with and the suspence and impatience may turn you off though. But for the people who don't by manga, its a great alternative. You can check them easy enough, and its a great way to preveiw a manga before buying the books. Then again, you may just watch anime. So pysical manga, online manga, or anime?

buhbibutterfly
02-04-2006, 12:24 AM
i really like to have my own copy of mangas...its juss like books...one of the reason i don't borrow books from the library much is cuz i like to have my own copy so i know that i can read it whenever i want mostly where i want...i can bring it along with me ... however the bad part about that is that i know alot of the unliscensed manga i love will probably never get liscensed or if it does it will be a long time from now... so before then the only way to read those unlicensed ones are online..but i do prefer having real copies of em more ^-^

Gjallarhorn
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I prefer online manga. I have been reading manga online for about 3 or 4 years now, and I have become accustom to it. I like the style of translation, because it does not translate everything literally the way official publishers do (i.e. Kurosaki Ichigo to Strawberry Kurosaki). Also, rather than buying one volume of manga every 2 months or so, and then having to wait for a long time to find out more, online manga is released by chapter, meaning something new every couple of days. This way, it does not get boring.
If a manga I really like online becomes licensed, I will often buy it to show some support. For instance, I have 33 volumes of Naruto on my computer from the past 4 years, but I still buy the english manga, which is only up to volume 8(?). Also, physical manga has the advantage of being able to look at the artwork as it should be. The quality of physical manga images is higher than that of online manga due to scanning.

[BlackDeath]
02-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I prefer physical, that way I get to add it to my collection rather than having a bunch of data.

Ωmega
02-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I prefer both....I love reading manga (and Ive got quite a collection) but theres webcomics that you cant find in bookstores.....stuff like Pawn or Flipside. So both really do have their advantages and disadvantages

Ichigo_30382
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I prefer physical its easier to read

Opinionated
02-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I prefer online manga. I don't buy manga much, and this makes it easier to read series. However Xero, there are some online mangas that aren't scanned in, I don't think, but are just put online.

Aurelie
02-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I like online manga because you don't have to wait as long for the next chapter or part in a series, and because there are manga series available online that you can't find where I am.

On the other hand, I like physically having manga because it's portable and it feels nice owning it <3