PDA

View Full Version : freedom of speech

hina fan
01-20-2006, 10:37 AM
y do the admins close threads there is a thing called freedon of speech they have no right to close threads cause they dont like them.

Tenchi Masaki
01-20-2006, 10:40 AM
y do the admins close threads there is a thing called freedon of speech they have no right to close threads cause they dont like them.lol this thread's going to get closed soon. But I might as well answer your question.

They close threads to reduce spam on the forum.

They close threads that have similar topics as another thread. If they didn't do this, we might have 20 "Who's your favorite anime character?" threads.

The threads are going way off-topic or is getting too full. I think 20-25 pages is a lot, which in this case, they would close the thread and open a new one with the exact same name and a "Pt. 2" or "1.1" something of that sort.

Read the rules, and most likely you won't get your thread closed.

Without rules, this forum would probably chalkfull of spam and flame wars.

hina fan
01-20-2006, 10:45 AM
well they should delete the old ones of the page cause if they can they are very un skilled with the internet.

Tenchi Masaki
01-20-2006, 10:49 AM
If they just deleted the thread, wouldn't the people responding to the thread go:

"Why did you delete it!?!?"

They don't need 1000 more PM's in their box.

They leave a reason why the thread was closed, so that everyone who has posted in that thread can see and read the reason why. Then they will get less PM's telling them why they closed the thread. Eventually since the thread is closed, it will be moved down towards the older pages, and then that's when they will most likely delete the thread.

And you don't have to go give them an insult o_O. They're admins/mods for a reason. And using an internet message board is different than using an internet browser.

Kewii
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
To put it simply, freedom of speech really doesn't exist on the forums. When you sign up for the forum, you agree to our rules. Breaking those rules will get your thread closed.

You're not the first to declare you have freedom of speech, so I'll just quote Princess Minako for you.

First of all, threads like these belong in the Site Issues forum. So this thread should be closed because its not in the proper forum. It doesn't matter if the threads are three threads, or three pages away from eachother, if you haven't even used the search function to TRY to look for another thread it deserves to be closed. You didn't follow the rules that we set out.

Improper titles may also be closed. They dont' follow the board rules.

We have over 30 people who sign up for new accounts EVERY DAY. Introductions is our fastest growing forum. So we have to be a bit strict to keep 29847529388574 of threads forming with the same title/subject and spammy stuff that has no real point.

Ham or cheese, while it may be juvinilely entertaining, is spam. It has no real point and is just there. Usually posts like that are made so one person can up their post count or earn more rupees, and are frequented by one person more than others.

In the end, there really is no freedom of speech. This is a private forum, you agreed to the rules when you registered. Hence the "I agree" button. We have had to initiate a zero tolernace rule because of the massive amounts of spam and topics that go against our rules.

Lastly, I <3 you Noki this was the most entertaining thread I've read. Oh and nice HAL. Go sing me Daisy Daisy give me your answer do.

The Goddess has Spoken

And closed.