PDA

View Full Version : Glasses -or- Contacts?

Fruits Basket Girl
01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Glasses

Pros

No cleaning daily

Easy to put on

Some prefer sophisticated look

Corrects astigmatism better

Cons

Bulky

Sometimes hurt ears & nose

Fogs up

Falls off easily

Frame can bend

Not for sports

Slides off

Contacts

Pros

Face appears natural

You can change your eye color

No fogging

No distortion

Cons

Hard to find if lost

Costly

Clean regularly

Learning how to put them on

I was wondering what you prefer/wear. For me, I wear glasses.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I have a pair of glasses. I use them for reading things far away, usually during school. Otherwise I don't wear them at all.

I prefer glasses. I hate doing anything to my eyes, and that includes poking and prodding and touching them/sticking things in them. o_o That's some scary stuff.

*unshed~tears*
01-15-2006, 05:08 PM
i wear glasses. they really dont bother me.

philmaster628
01-15-2006, 05:09 PM
i rather wear contacts

Vampire Girl 75
01-17-2006, 10:39 PM
well I have wear both but I really preffer glasses cause contacs they really take time to put them on............and it's better because I have to wear glasses all the time cause I have meopia (can't see well things far from me:p ) so it's better to use glasses ^_^

(:leaniebeanie:)
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
cantacts!!! When people wear glasses they look smart and they make me feel dumb lol i know its a stupid reason but still, contacts!!!:p

Cursed~Amante
01-17-2006, 10:47 PM
contacts. but i'm stuck with glasses.

-akichan-
01-17-2006, 10:48 PM
I have a pair of glasses and pair of contacts/colour contacts. I prefer each of them in different situations.

Sakura Holic
01-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Glasses...Contacts are dangerous to me....

Darrmyth
01-17-2006, 10:51 PM
I have been wearing Glasses since i was 5 and i dont have a problem with them at all i dont even notice i am wearing them most of the time. i hope one day to get contacts though because i want to see the world without glasses.

animeseishi
01-17-2006, 11:21 PM
i have glasses... but i prefer contacts...

Anime Girl
01-17-2006, 11:27 PM
i would perfer contacts and glasses

White_Fang
01-17-2006, 11:29 PM
i wear coloured contacts lenses...not much of a problem.i used to wear glasses but i didn't like them so i changed to contacts,heh

Faceless111
01-18-2006, 12:32 AM
I think glasses can be more sexy than contacts. But that's just me.

Tenchi Masaki
01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I wear glasses.

I've tried contacts for a year, and I hated them. Girls told me I look better in glasses anyway, so I don't need to worry about the "looks" department ^^.

All my other friends wear contacts though, so I feel left out kind of, but oh well, been wearing glasses all my life and I've gotten quite usta it. I'm not a sporty guy, but if I do play sports, I need my glasses or I can't see where I'm going >.<!

飛竜
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
I just wear some glasses but, I borrowed from my best friend. :rolleyes:

animeseishi
01-18-2006, 01:08 AM
well... sometimes i get rashes with glasses...

.Lovebeat
01-18-2006, 03:11 AM
I have a pair of glasses. I use them for reading things far away, usually during school. Otherwise I don't wear them at all.

I prefer glasses. I hate doing anything to my eyes, and that includes poking and prodding and touching them/sticking things in them. o_o That's some scary stuff. Same here, I only wear my glasses during school because I can't see things far away oO;;
Well I WAS thinking about getting contacts but the glasses makes me look... kinda... smarter :cool: lol, so I prefer glasses. (And they were expensive so dad would kill me if I don't use them...)

Storm Strife
01-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Depends on the situation and what I feel like wearing. I currently wear glasses, and have been told that I look good with them on, and also told that it suits me better with them off (could be cause I dress like a jitter (Jitter: Someone who listens to music with guitars and stuff in (such as deftones, slipknot or the like) and wears chains, skate belts, big trousers, skate shoes, etc.)). Contacts would be worn by me most likely when I feel like it, and when I'm going into the pit at metal festivals.

LaLaLoverly
01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
i prefer to wear contacts

harakiri
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
i think glasses are better. i wear glasses.

PigFarts
01-18-2006, 04:32 PM
glasses...because i wear glasses for distance. but i get lazy and never take them off, so now my eyes are depending on them and i'm just gettong blinder! and i don't contacts...and one more thing! my glasses are very comfortable! :p

Ibuki
01-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I prefer contacts, because I look funny in glasses.

Ambroise Lacudra
01-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd probably prefer contacts, because I would most definitely love green eyes. Haha. But yeah. That's just me and my stupid self.

IceDragon_1552
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I prefer glasses, since I've been wearing them since who knows when. My friends say I'd look better with contacts, but I don't exactly think that poking my eyes every morning is something I'd like to do...I'll stick with glasses.

MSCBrock
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
i`ve never used contacts before so i wouldn't know how they feel but glasses are so much easier to put on caz contacts don`t you have to like change them daily or somethin` nd glasses they can last for a few years