PDA

View Full Version : Your 2006 Predictions...?

Meisou
01-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Besides all that boring dumb mainstream anime what do you think will be some great animes for the year of 2006 out or still not out yet or manybe still just mangas..

Astalle
01-08-2006, 01:15 PM
That's a tough call....well....not sure really -.-;

Gjallarhorn
01-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Black Cat - Although it began its airing in November of 2005, I expect it will reach a height of popularity in 2006. There have been numerous rumors of FUNimation licensing the anime, as well as Viz licensing the manga, although there has been no official announcement.

Blood+ - Another anime which began airing in 2005, but I believe it will reach its height of popularity in 2006. People are generally slow when picking up on newly aired anime, although I believe word of Blood+ has spread widely at this point.

Naruto - The Second Naruto Arc will begin its air in 2006, following the Kakashi Gaiden. This should revitalize the series after being dulled down and ignored due to the total of 9 months of filler episodes. The Kakashi Gaiden is perhaps better than the Naruto series itself, and the second are as proved to be very interesting so far, although not much has happened compared to the First Arc.

Bleach - Bleach continues its airing from late 2004. It is growing rapidly in popularity, and has a very stron fanbase for both the anime and the manga. The manga has just recently entered a new arc, which has proven suspensful thus far. The anime is wrapping up the Soul Society arc, which hs been carried since episodes in the mid-20s. Bleach is perhaps one of the greatest currently airing anime.

Elfen Lied - An anime series which has proved to be good amongst Japanese viewers and American downloaders. It will make its American Debut in 2006. The series is highly violent, and contains much nudity, which may popularize it for Adult Swim viewers, if it is nor censored, or be destroyed of Toonami, which will censor it lifeless. The quality of the dubbing is also left to question.

RichardE40k
01-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I can’t think of any anime but battle school manga will be interesting.

ryukai-san
01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
cant say because there are so many...

Meisou
01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
yes im with bleach all teh way it will be a hit when it comes to america. and when it does it will start a craze prolly. but other then that only a few minor things coming up to look forward to.

Gjallarhorn
01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
yes im with bleach all teh way it will be a hit when it comes to america. and when it does it will start a craze prolly. but other then that only a few minor things coming up to look forward to. Though it may create a craze, there is an incredibly high chance that the dubbing, censorship, and the idiocity of the average American fan will ruin it. look at what happened with Naruto. The English version is trash compared to the Japanese version, and yet it fangirls and "otakus" have flocked to it like flies on poop. When Bleach comes to America, chances are that I will ignore it completely.

Regex
01-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Though it may create a craze, there is an incredibly high chance that the dubbing, censorship, and the idiocity of the average American fan will ruin it. look at what happened with Naruto. The English version is trash compared to the Japanese version, and yet it fangirls and "otakus" have flocked to it like flies on poop. When Bleach comes to America, chances are that I will ignore it completely.That sort of logic is in error. Popularity of the show among people you don't really respect should not affect your opinion of the show. Just continue to enjoy the show, independently of what others think of it.

onibur23
01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
I definitely agree that Bleach will be a big hit in the US, the manga is really popular. Does anyone know of anime shows called GUNxSWORD and Erementar Gerad, are they good?

All four volumes of Elfen Lied are already out, just think you all should know.

Shinji_Takada
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I think Dark Twilight is right about elfen Lied as for me I really dunno

ninjasRus
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
bleach and munto for the ipod ^^

Darth Tyranus
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Elfen Lied - An anime series which has proved to be good amongst Japanese viewers and American downloaders. It will make its American Debut in 2006. The series is highly violent, and contains much nudity, which may popularize it for Adult Swim viewers, if it is nor censored, or be destroyed of Toonami, which will censor it lifeless. The quality of the dubbing is also left to question. I liked this show despite the gigantic amount of angst it has in it. but if they ever air it on tv a real ending sure would be nice. Not a "sorry we ran out of money" ending.

RichardE40k
01-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I am pretty sick of censorship; this is why so many people still believe Anime is cartoons for little kids. Ugh!

Darth Tyranus
01-09-2006, 03:04 PM
I am pretty sick of censorship; this is why so many people still believe Anime is cartoons for little kids. Ugh!Well a lot of it is, a lot of it is also for deranged wackos.

GFx
01-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Having watched the 1st episode of Fate/stay night, I guess I'm pretty excited by it.
It had just been out and it's already licensed.

So I'll go with that.

RichardE40k
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Well a lot of the anime we get in England is 15+ but the british are still getting used to it, so here comes the BBFC with the censorship tags.

Gjallarhorn
01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
That sort of logic is in error. Popularity of the show among people you don't really respect should not affect your opinion of the show. Just continue to enjoy the show, independently of what others think of it. What I meant was that it will create a lot of the irrational fangirl types, similar to what has happened when Kakashi was introduced in America. That will not affect my viewing of the show, I will just find it the irrational fans to be annoying. The reason why I will ignore it is in the paragraph below.

My statement that I would ignore the show when it comes to American is based on the fact that it will probably be licensed by FUNimation and turn out like the english versions of Naruto or One Piece. It has nothing to do with the fans.

dragoninja
01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Having watched the 1st episode of Fate/stay night, I guess I'm pretty excited by it.
It had just been out and it's already licensed.

So I'll go with that.
Whats it about? Sounds cool :mellow:

GFx
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Here's the link for the NFO details
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1811,jcnygv,fate_stay_night.html

The game it's from is the same as Tsukihime ^^ err.. I mean it's made by the same game company.

Meisou
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
i wanna just say something else.. i did some researching and i looked up black cat. honestly this is a myterious anime but it seems like it will be a great late night adult swim.... but will be worth you to buy on dvd's///

another one i found is mushishi, this is something i hope to get into soon. its some what a mystery anime about a man who travels around solving weird things that happens or things people do that are crazy.. in the crazy like the way spider man can shoot web.. like those odd traits.. seems great..

honestly i think mushishi if not will become a great hit but will be loved by many people..

dragoninja
01-10-2006, 04:23 AM
nice web site ROBO-KY ... hmm, holy grail ... sounds familier

red storm
01-10-2006, 04:33 AM
nice web site ROBO-KY ... hmm, holy grail ... sounds familier
Legendary object from the age of King Arthur. Also the title of the best Monthy Python movie.

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Heh thy holy hand grenade.

dragoninja
01-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Heh thy holy hand grenade.
now that would be an awsome anime

MistaCloudStrife
01-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Ergo Proxy and REC seem like good animes for 2006...

I'll be checking up on Fate/Stay as well.. Lol.. From the same game as Tsukihime? Wasn't that an H-Game? Well alot of animes come from Hentai games, I guess that should be expected. >.O;

Anyway... Yeah, Ergo Proxy, REC, and Fate/Stay...

Also the Naruto fillers should be ending in spring so I'll be watching Naruto again...

And I hope to hear more of the I"s Pure series... If it even is a series. T_T I'll read up on that later...

And mangas? I'll continue with my regulars. Gantz, Berserk, Hajime no Ippo, Bleach, Naruto, Deathnote, etc...

And hopefully the Ichigo 100% manga will get liscenced this year in the US so I can start buying them. I've heard Europe liscenced it. I've already been seeing Japanese versions in Barnes and Noble and Borders.. Hopefully it'll come out soon so I can start collecting.

red storm
01-10-2006, 10:34 AM
And hopefully the Ichigo 100% manga will get liscenced this year in the US so I can start buying them. I've heard Europe liscenced it. I've already been seeing Japanese versions in Barnes and Noble and Borders.. Hopefully it'll come out soon so I can start collecting.
I must point out that Europe consists of many countries, just because one of them licensed it does not automatically mean the others have as well. I wish it would, I really really do, since the manga market in Holland sucks. the only thing we got was the Dragonball manga and three volumes of Yu-Gi-Oh. That's it. The rest of the manga is import from America, or with a bit of luck England.

Most likely Germany or France licensed them, those two countries have a good manga base.

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 10:41 AM
England will get it (Thanks to Amazon!), but I can not say it will be uncut.

MistaCloudStrife
01-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it was probably Germany.

Meisou
01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
i saw an episode of something called descenders of darkness or sumthing seemed great

buhbibutterfly
01-10-2006, 06:14 PM
some i that i really want to see that are either coming out later in 2006 or was made in 2006 or the end of 2005 would probably be:

fate: stay night - the first episodes opening was great...it looks like i can expect good things to come from this series

nana - i love the manga and i can't wait to see the anime that should be coming out

ouran highschool host club - i love this manga and i can't wait to see how haruhi and tamaki and the whole host club ^^

shakugan no shana - it began in late 2005 but i really do love this series...its has graphics and i like the storyline...plus i want to see shana and yuji's relationship develop

black cat - i'm alil' more into the manga cuz train juss looks better in the manga...but i do like the anime series also

meine liebe ~ weider - i like meine liebe and i can't wait to see this one

oh and i also want to see papa to KISS IN THE DARK which looks cute ^-^

Darth Tyranus
01-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I am pretty sick of censorship; this is why so many people still believe Anime is cartoons for little kids. Ugh! Don't even get me started on how insane censorship is in america.

Gjallarhorn
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Darth: Anyone who has every watch the fansub and then the dub of an anime can agree to that....What am I talking about? Just look at the television or turn on a radio. (And thank to this, I have to get Sirius Satellite Radio to listen to Howard Stern ;)).

i saw an episode of something called descenders of darkness or sumthing seemed great "Decendants of Darkness". I have not seen the show yet, but there is also a manga, which I believe has been in America for a while.

Meisou
01-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Darth: Anyone who has every watch the fansub and then the dub of an anime can agree to that....What am I talking about? Just look at the television or turn on a radio. (And thank to this, I have to get Sirius Satellite Radio to listen to Howard Stern ;)).

"Decendants of Darkness". I have not seen the show yet, but there is also a manga, which I believe has been in America for a while.
i think so also but seems good

RichardE40k
01-11-2006, 06:07 AM
Don't even get me started on how insane censorship is in america.
This is why I read manga.

MistaCloudStrife
01-11-2006, 06:56 AM
This is why I read manga.You say that like they don't censor anything in mangas...

~Mika~
01-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Hmm...manga eise I think Black Cat will be pretty big...

buhbibutterfly
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
juss finished the watching the promo for hanbun no tsuki go noboru sora. It's a romance anime that takes place in the hospital...the main guy suddenly had to go to the hospital where he meets the main girl...she seems selfish at first but then he realizes that her life is ending soon...and he falls for her....thats what the review says...but it looks good...can't wait to see it...its suppose to be a short series with 6 eps. ^^

Shinigami Ichigo
01-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Looking forward to Disgaea (if it follows the story from the game), School Rumble S2 (hopefully Harima will end up with one of the girls), and something called Strawberry Panic (I like romance and I like pretty girls, so high quality yuri is something to look forward to :p

[BlackDeath]
01-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Hantsuki - a new anime just been released that looks very promising, I've seen the first episode of this and shall be keeping my eye out for future releases, one of those with a somewhat original story.

Shakugan No Shana - 14 episodes in and was released late last year but is going on strong and one with great potential to be even better, not to mention a favourite of mine.

Fate/Stay Night - An anime based off of a game by Type Moon, recently been aired in Japan, 2 episodes only so far but this is also a very promising title, eagerly anticipating future instalments of this.

nega_knives
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
i predict that the apocolpyse is coming and the sky will rain down upon the nice and kind but the wicked and dark will rule over all.

and I THINK THE NEW FF AC IS COMING OUT.

Angeleon1
02-10-2006, 09:02 AM
i predict that the apocolpyse is coming and the sky will rain down upon the nice and kind but the wicked and dark will rule over all.

and I THINK THE NEW FF AC IS COMING OUT.

I agree whith nega_knives

Bluefox-chan
02-10-2006, 10:40 PM
i would like to read PhD Phantasy Degree

spireroth_1
02-10-2006, 11:15 PM
alot of people will be going to hell and prob some new games will come out