12-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Are you a geek? if so why?

I'm a geek cause
1. I always wore glasses untill recently
2. I have all advance classes
3. I have straight A's
4. If im not on the internet or playing games im reading
5. The books i read are usually 300-700 pages long

But what seperates me from the other geeks is that im athletic and I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE!

Masali
12-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Im a geek.

Always on the computer, doesn't leave house on the weekends UNLESS I go out to hang with some friends. So im a musically inclined guitarplayin' geek with a social life

Dark Knight Zasz
12-22-2005, 12:41 AM
im a geek because:
eat, sleeps and breathes video games
same goes for computers
laughs at technical jokes about cpu's going haywire when others just sit there and stare
leaves house for work and to shop for food... thats about it

gothic_neko_youkai
12-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Huh...I suppose I am if I wear glasses.....
Also like Masali I never leave home unless its to work or to hang out with my two friends....
And I love anime, manga [removed] like that....
hmm...and my favorite subjects when I was in HS were English and science....

so yes...I am a geek.......

BUT PROUD OF IT! O_o;; Ok I'm done ranting :D

Dark Knight Zasz
12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
*pounces on youkai* MY GEEK!!

DragonNight
12-22-2005, 12:51 AM
XD im a geek
all advanced classes, wont leave house for vast amounts of time (unless its for school or just hanging out with my friends), im attached to the comp at all moments, or attached to my ps2 playing games, and anime is a pretty big 'geeky' part of my geekeness.
I sadly dont own a life...too expensive.

Eris
12-22-2005, 08:16 AM

I'm a geek cause
3. I have straight A's

But what seperates me from the other geeks is that im athletic and I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE!

Just out of curiosity: How do you manage to combine #4 with being athletic and having a social life?

I have to admit I'm somewhat of a geek. I couldn't resist making a table of and plotting the recursive function in Washikos signature (even though it's virtually unplottable).

Zedekiah
12-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I've always wondered why all the 4.0 people never get the capital "i" rule for "I" as in me.

My teacher said to my class that he'd degrade the tests by a whole grade, or more if there are other such mistakes (like then, than, your, you're, etc.), and yet, here we have several straight A's, or at least the ones that claim to be, but they fluke out when it comes to the utmost basic rules of the bloody language.

Well, it was just a thought <3.

And, no. I'm too lazy to be a geek.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Hm. Let's see.

I have glasses. But I don't wear them that often.
I get A's, B's. Sometimes C's.
I don't like to read.
I like going on the computer.
I have a social life.
I'm athletic.
I have 1 advanced class. And that's Honors English.

I think I'm a semi-geek. <3

[BlackDeath]
12-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I spend lots of time playing online games and on the internet
I like anime/manga/comics
I like models/cards/and various other collectables
I am a B-C grade average (seeing as I cut class a lot, or did)
I have a social life/I get out/hang with friends/have a girlfriend
I am quite lazy

... so am I a geek? No, though I do have some 'geeky' hobbies I s'pose. I have the best of both worlds <3

Dark Jen
12-22-2005, 09:09 AM

I'm a geek cause
3. I have straight A's

But what seperates me from the other geeks is that im athletic and I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE!i'm a geek cuz,
1.) i like Videogames alot lol
2.) i can obsess over the simpliset things(secrets of esrever, Blair witch 2)
3.) i dunno lol

Wandering Samurai
12-22-2005, 09:56 AM
I am a geek.
1.all but one christmas present I'm geting this year is from best buy
2. I'm on the comp. for about 5 hours a day
3. I have almost no scocial life
4. I haven't been on a date in almost a year
5. I have a 100% average in math
6. I love anime and manga

rodruiguez is fat
12-22-2005, 02:55 PM
i'm a geek because
1. i'm always on the computer and playing video games at the same time
2. if i'm not on the computer i'm playing videogames and visa-versa
3. if i'm not doing either one, i'm thinking about them both.
4. i'm always coding (adding HTML to random things)
5. i still play on neopets

and that my friends is why i'm a geek...

Khanxay
12-22-2005, 06:11 PM
geek is such a harsh word..i prefer fanatic....
1. i play video games every other chance i get
2. i beat star ocean the second story like 40 times....and im still playing it.
3. i can go on for hrs without eating if im playing a good game.

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
im always on the computer and playing video games so does that ake me a geek? also i can always figure out how something works in 5 min. when it takes everyone else an hour. (dunno if it makes me a geek though)

abercobie
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
i agree with termed except for the glasses part

Gregg
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
i am a geek cause i say all the wrong this at the wrong time

termed
12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Just out of curiosity: How do you manage to combine #4 with being athletic and having a social life?

I have to admit I'm somewhat of a geek. I couldn't resist making a table of and plotting the recursive function in Washikos signature (even though it's virtually unplottable).because at school during P.E i am the best in every sport and i like to talk alot during lunch

kenny_killer
12-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Hm. Let's see.

I have glasses. But I don't wear them that often.
I get A's, B's. Sometimes C's.
I don't like to read.
I like going on the computer.
I have a social life.
I'm athletic.
I have 1 advanced class. And that's Honors English.

I think I'm a semi-geek. <3
lol...whow... were like... really alike in so many ways...

(geeks are kick arz[><])

Eris
12-22-2005, 07:37 PM
because at school during P.E i am the best in every sport and i like to talk alot during lunch

You know, a social life generally extends beyond lunch.

Gjallarhorn
12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
If that is the way most people seem to define it, I am a geek.

1. I wear glasses. What that has to do with being a geek, I do not know. If just means I have semi-bad vision.
2. I know the human body very well. Muscles, bones, glands, etc. This is just knowledged gained from reading various running books and magazines.
3. I am a running geek. Running is my "passion", so to speak.
4. I have no social life. None. My primary activities include watching anime, running, this site, and the occasional video game.
5. I get A's and B's in school, and I hardly put in any effort.
6. My favorite television channel is The History Channel, which is about 85% of my television viewing. I also enjoy CNN and Fox News Live, taking up another 10% or so.
7. I like to use "Refresh" on my FireFox to play with the probability of Kaitou Ace's "Random Signature".

have to admit I'm somewhat of a geek. I couldn't resist making a table of and plotting the recursive function in Washikos signature (even though it's virtually unplottable). <_< Well, you are not the only one to attempt to do so. Although I got bored and put it aside.

The Wing Man
12-22-2005, 08:52 PM
I guess i am geek.

Opinionated
12-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I am somewhat of a geek. However, unlike most geeks, I have a life.

harakiri
12-22-2005, 09:23 PM
I wear glasses and I'm not a geek. I don't get straight A's, I'm in a retarded class bacause I'm too lazy to do my homework, and I do read books about 200-500. But I lose intrest after a while.

deskflipper
12-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I am a geek, why? Heres why:

I take computer classes...
I RP...
I love anime...
I'm excellent at anything concerning chemistry..
That's why i'm a geek.

:samurai: :noevil: :samurai:

Ichimaru-Gin
12-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Hmm although i'm not quite sure what a geek is i'd say I was a geek but I sarted to change and i'm kinda half way through it.
I mean before when i was in school it was all about the grades, i would never bunk off school i would always be in, i'd wear glasses, never go out always be playing games and was chubby to the max, oh and my GCSE's were b's-d's and I loved science!
But since then i've dropped to like 9 stone, never wear glasses, always go out (cept when i'm on here) don't care much for work, etc. etc. I think it's mainly to do with my Laaaay zee attitude, I just can't be bothered with all the learnin' crap anymore!

.Lovebeat
12-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't call myself geek <.<
but I guess I am one, because:

I only sit in front of the computer, chatting and such everyday (if not, sleeping).
I watch anime VERY often.
I wear glasses (bah, that don't have anything to do with geek-ness o.O).
I'm one of the smartest in my class.
I'm obsessed with video games O_O;
I don't have a life.

Lotreas Tusterus
12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Im not a geek because

1.Im cool
2.I say so

PerpetualWolfSage
12-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I stay on the computer longer than anyone else in the family
I read too much
My grades aren't as good as the other's here, but I try to keep them up. Academics and school mean a lot to me.
I only have a small amount of friends
The only things that drew my friends and I together was either Anime and DDR. We stayed with each other by getting to know them little by little.
I'm in Spanish 2 Honors...?

Krsnik
12-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes and No. I have my geekish qualities - I.E. majoring in Graphic design and programming, and playing a lot of games, but I have ungeek like qualities - Being a kickboxer, riding a motorcycle, hanging out with friends, and working out all the time.

Fuu Kasumi
12-23-2005, 01:29 PM
I guess I'm a geek in ways.. >>; But in other ways, I'm not.

1.) I'm in all advanced classes.
2.) I get straight A's.
3.) I haven't missed a day of school the entire year.
4.) I don't go outside unless I have to walk the dogs, go to school, or watch my nephews play.
5.) When I'm not on the computer, I'm reading novels or playing video games.

shadow_stalker
12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
geek no
nerd maybe

Chibi_Fluffy
12-23-2005, 07:17 PM

I'd like to know, just like that,

What exactly IS a geek ?o?

Mushrambo
12-23-2005, 07:44 PM
I am a geek but I am proud of it^_^ I have a social life and do not stay infront of the the computer all day.......Majority of the time. I love to play video games all the time but come on I got to have a Breather from it. I love books like HP and Eragon and such that have a couple of hundreds of pages.....those r the only books that keep me hooked onto the plot( Shannara series is good for this also) the short books just bore me half to death sadly.

Yep a geek is what I am......though I am one of the strongest ppl in the school 0_0;

S_C_L-1
12-24-2005, 06:36 AM
yes, i am a geek.

i have right next to me, the box for the game Tron 2.0 (if that isnt geeky, i dont know what is!)

the way i play videogames/watch anime/watch movies is, simply put, unhealthy...

i have a 70+ piece collection of handcrafted weapons (no fire-arms!)

even after missing 3 straight months of school, i managed to get 98% on a physics exam the very first day i went back to school.

i knew more about biologie than my biologie teacher (sad)

i read a 40 page article about the origins of the guitar for no reason...

the only movies (based on books) that i have seen before reading the book(s) are the LotR movies... (i cant believe how much they butchered battlefield earth! *sob* such a good book...)

i learn more video game music on the guitar than i do "mainstream" music...

i spent at least 3 hours a day on forums (im on 5 forums as of a few days ago)

my NES is still plugged in

i study Quantum Physics... simply out of curiosity...

i am one of the writers for "Pleasant Tree productions"... i'll post some links when we have more stuff... (i mostly write cut-away's...)

i read 15 web-comics...

i am a member of the Day Of Defeat clan [BOW] "Bunch of wankers" (AKA Blumpkins house of wankers)

my brother and i have entire conversations composed only of quotes (some of which date all the way back to the early 70s)...

i can play Beethovens 5th by gurgling water...

i'd rather drink red wine than beer

i've finished FF7, 8 and 9 under 10 hours each

i have once played a "light-gun" game at an arcade for 3 hours using only 2 tokens (it was a 1 token machine)

i have over 400 NES games

i have been playing video games since the age of 2

theres more, but ive said more than enough to get the point across... yes, i am a geek.

jackdaniels
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
i'm not a geek just a nerd

being smart is a good thing

(wait am i a nerd? i don't think so... i known everyone at school and in the basket ball team...)

Soul fly
12-24-2005, 07:03 PM
i dont think i am that big a geek i have a lot of geek hobbies but im never in i go on this site at like 3 am but i am 99% of the time out with all my friends,but

1)i watch to much anime
2)i know the dialog(sp?) to the harvest moon games (sad i know)
3)i know all the rules to warhammer
4) i love my computer more than i love my mother....(joke)

Master Of Shred
12-24-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm a guitar geek...dose that count lol

S_C_L-1
12-24-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm a guitar geek...dose that count lol

i would immagine so..

shred will come back eventually!

Fruits Basket Girl
12-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I think I am a geek? o.o
~I am mostly on the computer all day, chatting and here at af
~I'm addicted to video games; I talk about my fav game all the time
~I don't go out much, I mostly stay home
~I am in Technology Class, I help every1 else in class that need help
~I do have glasses, but I don't really wear them...
~And in class, I don't talk that often and I'm the 1 that is always working; the quiet 1

Katrina_Survivor2
12-24-2005, 11:56 PM
I can see why someone would think I'm a geek:
1. I'm in advanced classes
2. I get good grades
3. I like anime and this site

But I don't think I'm a geek and te people who know me well don't think so:
1. Having fun is more important to me than getting good grades
2. I don't play video games
3. I'm 2 laid back to be a geek(I think to be a geek you have to be a little high strung)
4. School is pretty much socializing and not learning for me(but that might be because getting good grades isn't all that hard, which is another for the geek like qualities).

-akichan-
12-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Im not only a geek, im most likely a FOB!

Kurumirina
12-25-2005, 02:02 AM
well I think I'm a geek cause I'm hook for my com!!O__O
almost 7 -10 hours on9 a day!!but I'm pretty bad with my studies though....~___~

Sakura Holic
12-25-2005, 02:46 AM
I say Im not a geek. Even tho I read books that is 300-700 pages long or have straight A's and read when ever Its my time to read untill I want to stop reading. People are like that. And besides Im not a geek anyways.:p

darkheart1252
12-28-2005, 02:35 PM
im a semi geek i guess i like computers games and such but i also never did good in school

and i do drugs and im pretty sure most geeks dont

S_C_L-1
12-28-2005, 05:13 PM
im a semi geek i guess i like computers games and such but i also never did good in school

and i do drugs and im pretty sure most geeks dont
i used to... and im a geek... most of the geeks i know used to... but were smart enough to stop (or GREATLY reduce... u know... like twice a year...)

kuroimisa
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Hmmm. Yes and no.

Yes:

1. Advanced classes [well actually my whole school selected only advanced students]
2. I did all the extension classes whenever possible
3. I did a mini University course when I was in Year 11
4. I did all my homework
5. I don't go out often. I'm usually on the internet
6. My last exam results were really really good *___*
7. I went to many coaching schools when I was in Primary school

No.

1. I don't actually study much... I made more anime wallpapers in my study time than actual memorisation
2. I need glasses. I think nerds don't actually need glasses to be a nerd... wearing glasses is just a symbol of bad eyesight lol...
3. I have a healthy social life. I have lots of friends and I do go out occasionally
4. I'm not really interested in science. I'm more interested in the arts like arts [as images or sculptures etc] and music..
5. I haven't read any books other than related texts and texts for study required for my schoolwork since I entered High School.

So I guess I'm more nerdy than not XP but it's quite even, I suppose :)

saskie
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Um... I guess I'm a geek/nerd. I'm always on the computer -__- (Read all my other posts) I usually do my homework, rarely go out, like anime/manga, reads a lot of fiction books, reads "boring" stuff in newspaper, I'm obessed with games, and I'll rather try to do good on my studies than have "fun."

I mean... I can barely live without my computer... For example... At school when it's lunch time. Everyone runs into the lunch room while I'm in the library either doing my homework or checking out some anime fanfictions/pictures on the computer -___-;;

MysticMyths00
12-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm a geek because...
1.I like to read
2. I play alot of video games
3. obsessed with anime
that's about it

AnimeLegend!713
12-28-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm a geek. I worn glasses since I was in 4th grade (& get blinder by every year) I am on the computer on weekends from 7 in the morning till 10 or 11 at night. I only leave my room for food,bathroom, and chores.(OMG I'm a room hermit) When I'm not on the computer, I'm either reading books(that are super long) or watching Star Wars.(Oh yeah! I'm also a Star Wars geek!!) I get all As & Bs and in advanced math.(if i stay in the advanced class, by the time I'm a senior in high school, I'm going to be taking calculus) And I am a human spellcheck.

I'm a geek and proud of it!! :D

japonice_aeris
12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
i dont really like the term GEEk for me T_T
i wear glasses, yes
but i am so not a GEEK!~
not a NERD as well T_T

LegendaryAngelWings
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Nope, but I sure as hell wish I was. X.x

PigFarts
12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
i'm not a geek...i'm just a FREAK! but seriously, the only thing about that can classify me as a geek is my "glasses" which i only wear for distance, anyway...other than that...i am seriously one of the biggest computer illiterates in the world and i don't think i have ever studied for a test in my life. (just so you know, i'm classifying myself and "geeks" by how i think they would be...complete seterotypes...) i'm just one lazy sonnova turkey! and the only video games i really play are donkey kong and mario...i mean, the most advanced game system i have is the N64/PS 1. and the gameboy i own is the old hunky gray piece of crap from 1989...yeah...and the only thing i read is manga cuz i'm such a lazy a**hole...but i DO like star wars...and i PRAISE j.r.r. tolkien for lord of the rings...in that respect...hell yeah! i'm a geek!

but, webster's dictionary defines geek as one who bites off the heads of chickens...and if anyone here at AF is one of those "geeks," well, *ahem* all power to you! (no, i'm not a geek!)

...i'll end my useless rambling now...

Marie2007
12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I am somewhat of a geek because I love playing video games and chilling on the computer but I am not a geek because well I also play a lot of sports and stuff.

Vagary
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a geek. I wear glasses, I like anime and manga, I'm on the internet all the time, I play video games, I like reading fanfiction, I have a 99% average, I'm president of my school, and I only have like 5 friends. That makes me a geek right? T.T

yuki-san
12-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I've never been called a geek before, besides when I was little I do things weirdly, so I was called a geek once by my brother. Other than that, I don't.
But sometimes want to consider myself as one, cuz I think that geeky or nerdy ppl are cool. ^_^

MysticMyths00
12-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm not a geek a school though.....

S_C_L-1
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
i'm not a geek...i'm just a FREAK! but seriously, the only thing about that can classify me as a geek is my "glasses" which i only wear for distance, anyway...other than that...i am seriously one of the biggest computer illiterates in the world and i don't think i have ever studied for a test in my life. (just so you know, i'm classifying myself and "geeks" by how i think they would be...complete seterotypes...) i'm just one lazy sonnova turkey! and the only video games i really play are donkey kong and mario...i mean, the most advanced game system i have is the N64/PS 1. and the gameboy i own is the old hunky gray piece of crap from 1989...yeah...and the only thing i read is manga cuz i'm such a lazy a**hole...but i DO like star wars...and i PRAISE j.r.r. tolkien for lord of the rings...in that respect...hell yeah! i'm a geek!

but, webster's dictionary defines geek as one who bites off the heads of chickens...and if anyone here at AF is one of those "geeks," well, *ahem* all power to you! (no, i'm not a geek!)

...i'll end my useless rambling now...
those are the origins of the word "geek"... it was a person who craved attention and would stop at nothing to get it... well... i dont know if they would stop at "nothing"... but still... biting the head off a chicken to get attention?...

since then, the word geek has evolved quite a bit... and means something more along the lines of "a person with almost fanatic behavior towards unusual things"... let me explain... we all know there are religious fanatics... but they juss blow 'em selves up for their religion... a geek (as stated above) would be more along the lines of some 1 who will obsess about a new anime... or drool over screenshots of next-gen consoles... or even over that bottle of 200 year old red wine! a geek doesnt necessairely revolve around electronics... it can be pretty much anything...

kyogirl15
12-29-2005, 09:30 PM
geeks rock! i have my nose in a book every five minutes! i don't get strait a's but hey. nobodys perfect.