PDA

View Full Version : No signature on REP.

Romantic
12-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I hate it when people give you bad rep and don't even have the common decency to put their name by it. Honestly, atleast put your screen name by it instead of annonymously ridiculing one another.

Washiko
12-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Go to the User control panel on the top left of the screen... there will be alist of the people who repped you on the bottom of the page along with their comments. Other people cannot see who repped you, but you can.

Romantic
12-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Go to the User control panel on the top left of the screen... there will be alist of the people who repped you on the bottom of the page along with their comments. Other people cannot see who repped you, but you can. Actually it doesn't show their names...just their comments. People have a choice of putting their names on or not. That's why i initially made this post.

kenny_killer
12-03-2005, 01:02 PM
lol...wats the point of this thread... thell continue to keep doing it so y try to stop them...

Romantic
12-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks...I love the support....*rolls eyes*

wizz-o-matic
12-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Mah, that was discussed some time ago ... and we came to conclusion that's better for you to not see who repped you guys. Cuz as far as I know most of users here would bad rep people (the ones that bad repped them) withouth any reason ...

Romantic
12-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah I got bad repped for nuthin.....that's why I wanna know...

water_Demon_girl
12-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I hate it when people give you bad rep and don't even have the common decency to put their name by it. Honestly, atleast put your screen name by it instead of annonymously ridiculing one another.I agree. It's rude to do that to people. For all that person could be is a stalker or something.

wizz-o-matic
12-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah I got bad repped for nuthin.....that's why I wanna know...
Sorry to contradict you, but that wasn't for nothing ... there wasn't any point in that thread you made, just flaming over the fanfic section ... After you got a reply to your question just 1 thread below! Rules are rules!

Romantic
12-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I posted in the Questions section ABOUT the fanfic section. You couldve just CLOSED it......jesus...

retro
12-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I suggest you don't steal 'Romantic' ^_^ -rep -rep -rep

We've all been there really, not knowing who bad repped us. Its so annoying not knowing but I wouldn't look too much into it as to make a thread about it. Your going to get some now & later so are you going to do the same every time you get bad rep, make a thread? hehe

Romantic
12-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I suggest you don't steal 'Romantic' ^_^ -rep -rep -rep

We've all been there really, not knowing who bad repped us. Its so annoying not knowing but I wouldn't look too much into it as to make a thread about it. Your going to get some now & later so are you going to do the same every time you get bad rep, make a thread? hehe Steal what? what did I steal? <.< >.> :(

wizz-o-matic
12-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I posted in the Questions section ABOUT the fanfic section. You couldve just CLOSED it......jesus...
You could have not posted that thread in first place ...

BTW, you, complaining about not signed bad reps, and you give them out.

-Batman-
12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Pfft. I sign all my bad rep. If you don't have the common decency to give your name, don't bother repping.

Romantic
12-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Pfft. I sign all my bad rep. If you don't have the common decency to give your name, don't bother repping. Thank you..*claps*..finally

Washiko
12-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Edit... maybe it's because I'm staff... nevermind...

Masali
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I always leave my name. I don't see why you shouldn't, this is the internets these people can't hurt you in real life.

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
12-03-2005, 02:29 PM
honestly this thread just sounds like your whining about a really dumb subject (aka bad rep) o_O maybe you could fix it my doing something to get you good reped for instead of complaining? just a segestion.

Keitaru-san
12-03-2005, 02:29 PM
hahahaha romantic welcome to the ANIME FORUM world.

Eris
12-03-2005, 02:39 PM
It's rude not to leave your signature if you do leave a message. Sure, messages such as "good point" doesent need signatures, but criticisms and longer messages really do need a signature.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-03-2005, 02:48 PM
There was a thread like this before. I explained it once, so I guess I'll explain it again. ^^

When someone DOES leave their name along with their negative rep, doesn't it make you feel sort of biased towards them already? When you know who bad repped you, most likely you'll want to bad rep them back. And the other person that recieves your bad rep in response to theirs, they'll probably bad rep you back again. Hence, it going back and forth. You might even drag other people into your fight, also. Making the whole fight even bigger.

So, I think if all users had the ability to see who bad repped them, it would spawn more fights.

Amix
12-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I hate it when they bad rep me and I have no idea who did it, it really bothers me alot, but when people good rep me, they tell me who they are so I can good rep them back, lol.

Demondaze
12-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I'd like to know the names of those that bad rep me, but o well.

P.S. I need good rep please (i dont wanna be bad anymore):( :( :(

The Wing Man
12-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I wish people would leave names, but if af gives them the right to do what they want on the situation.Then let's not complain about the rules, and just take the bad rep from the people who just do not leave there names.

Keitaru-san
12-03-2005, 09:10 PM
people who don't leave name after the bad rep....they are chickens hahaha wimps.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-03-2005, 10:14 PM
So Romantic, what's up with the rep you just gave me? Did you mean it in a funny way, or were you just cussing at me for no reason?

I'd like to know what exactly was dumb about my post, if you don't mind telling me.

Keitaru-san
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
ooooooh i wouldn't dare say such a thing, and to tsuna....ouch.

tsuna is one of the well respected member romantic, and i want to know what exactly was dumb?

Romantic
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
ooooooh i wouldn't dare say such a thing, and to tsuna....ouch.

tsuna is one of the well respected member romantic, and i want to know what exactly was dumb?Well respected...on an internet forum site...*twirls finger in the air* :rolleyes: give her an oscar.

Keitaru-san
12-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Romantic is realy disapointing, i thought differently from you but now i think i gave you too much credit, you acting imaturly.

therefore i will ignore you until you act right.

Romantic
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Romantic is realy disapointing, i thought differently from you but now i think i gave you too much credit, you acting imaturly.

therefore i will ignore you until you act right.Lol...f u......like i care what you think.

Keitaru-san
12-04-2005, 12:13 AM

Fabala
12-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Personally, I like to leave my name, because if I'm going to rep, either way, it's going to be for SOME reason. I don't give out much negative rep...mostly I will do so before resorting to giving a member a warning. It's a lesser-warning, if you will. But I'll still explain why they are receiving it, and leave my name.

The fact is, that while it's silly to not leave a name, I can understand it. Sometimes people are more comfortable being honest while they have a veil of anonymity. In that sense I would encourage it. Give otherwise shy people a chance to speak their opinions. On the other hand, I hold little respect for people who give negative rep for callous reasons, or no reason at all. It strikes me as a power trip. Pointless.

Still, it's nothing to get worked up over. As a mod, I've been given negative rep for doing my job. Often without names. Now I know who leaves it, but what's the point in getting worked up over it? If it bothers me that much, I would confront the person via PMs, and not sink to their level by returning the negative rep. And in cases where someone is being harassed through negative rep, it can always be brought to the attention of the staff, and thereby taken care of.

Ya'll shouldn't sweat it so much ^_~ A single positive rep from some of us can more than wipe out a slew of negative rep.

Edit... maybe it's because I'm staff... nevermind...
Yes...yes it is ^^ Staff members are blessed with that ability ;)

Keitaru-san
12-04-2005, 12:25 AM
lol reiako, couln't agree more, um i just never give bad rep to anyone even if they desrve it, i am a negetive person even if i may not look like it, but at the end of the day when i think about it i feel stupid for doing pointless thing or making stupid dicision therefor i never do anything before thinking about it and give it time.

but then again there are people who....

Romantic
12-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Personally, I like to leave my name, because if I'm going to rep, either way, it's going to be for SOME reason. I don't give out much negative rep...mostly I will do so before resorting to giving a member a warning. It's a lesser-warning, if you will. But I'll still explain why they are receiving it, and leave my name.

The fact is, that while it's silly to not leave a name, I can understand it. Sometimes people are more comfortable being honest while they have a veil of anonymity. In that sense I would encourage it. Give otherwise shy people a chance to speak their opinions. On the other hand, I hold little respect for people who give negative rep for callous reasons, or no reason at all. It strikes me as a power trip. Pointless.

Still, it's nothing to get worked up over. As a mod, I've been given negative rep for doing my job. Often without names. Now I know who leaves it, but what's the point in getting worked up over it? If it bothers me that much, I would confront the person via PMs, and not sink to their level by returning the negative rep. And in cases where someone is being harassed through negative rep, it can always be brought to the attention of the staff, and thereby taken care of.

Ya'll shouldn't sweat it so much ^_~ A single positive rep from some of us can more than wipe out a slew of negative rep.

Yes...yes it is ^^ Staff members are blessed with that ability ;)Thanks for the bad Rep....douche :laugh: :rolleyes:

Mugetsu
12-04-2005, 12:32 AM
If your gonna bad rep someone and not leave a name you should at least give a good reason. Otherwise the person will feel like your giving them bad rep just to be a jerk. If you don't leave a reason they wont learn from it.

Keitaru-san
12-04-2005, 12:40 AM
i always know when a mod gives me bad rep and doesn't leave name, but when a member gives me bad rep is hard to tell though i don't really care about it much. :D

Mugetsu
12-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I got bad repped once when I was really new to the forum. The person did not leave a name. I was annoyed as hell. I think I know who did it (it was totally uncalled for by the way) but I never thought about bad repping them back just to do it. But some people might. I try to only give good rep. If not.....just leave it alone. Unless you say something that just really pisses me off or is totally unnecessary.
Its not like me bad repping someone is gonna have much of an effect on their rep anyway.

animeseishi
12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
i think there had been a thread like this one.. keitaru-san made that one.. and yeah... i agree.. you should put your name in it when you disapprove someone's post...but anyway, i seldomgive bad reps...

gothic_neko_youkai
12-04-2005, 05:58 AM
There was a thread like this before. I explained it once, so I guess I'll explain it again. ^^

When someone DOES leave their name along with their negative rep, doesn't it make you feel sort of biased towards them already? When you know who bad repped you, most likely you'll want to bad rep them back. And the other person that recieves your bad rep in response to theirs, they'll probably bad rep you back again. Hence, it going back and forth. You might even drag other people into your fight, also. Making the whole fight even bigger.

So, I think if all users had the ability to see who bad repped them, it would spawn more fights.

Everyone pay real good close attention to what she said because she made a good point. Leaving your name just leads to pointless fighting. I always leave my initals with ANY kind of rep I give out, good or bad. So what if the person gets P.O'd at you for giving them crap, this is the internet, you cant befriend everyone.

And yes, I agree with you Romantic that people should have the decency to leave their name but again ^ she made a good point

I got bad rep for something utterly stupid. In the poll who do you think the hottest BeBop chic someone bad repped me for no reason... WHAT THE DEUCE? Seriously, if you aer going to bad rep someone leave a legit reason as well

But anyway yea, I have left my output on things -just waits for both bad and perhaps good rep from this-

wizz-o-matic
12-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Now, as I wrote in the previous such thread ... If you really think, you got a bad rep withouth any reason, you can contact the forum admins and they may tell you who bad repped you. Of course, if there wasn't any reason for that bad rep.
Altho, if you earn that bed rep, we usually won't tell you who was, since then you'll go all spree to bad rep that person withouth any reason!

Krsnik
12-04-2005, 06:52 AM
No, you get repped badly because you do something either stupid, or ignorant. Bad rep always has a reason.

Missy
12-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Okay, I think this thread has gone far enough. Questions have been answered, yet ignored it seems. Also, there are too many spammy replies in here. Another thing, cursing at someone; even in a rep comment is still cursing at that is against forum rules. Seriously, if you can't follow the rules, you don't belong here.

So I really hope those of you who are still confused will take the time to read what some of the members and staff have explained here rather than ignoring it and going on bad repping sprees. I don't think this thread can go any further.

Closed.