PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean -SUPER-SAGA-

Nick and Jeromana
12-01-2005, 05:24 PM
:wacko: After having played Star Ocean games: Second Story and Till the End of Time for Playstation and with Blue Sphere coming out for PSP I have to say that the series has a potential of becoming another Final Fantasy Franchize. Maybe I'm too hopeful, but that's only an idea. I'm excitedly awaiting Star Ocean 4 for PS3 or recieving any information regarding it. At the same time, I'm looking forward to see if they're going to go for a season 2 for Star Ocean EX. It wasn't a high-ranking anime, but for the ending on Episode 26, I'm really wondering whether they're planning to forward the story unlike the Second Story game which unexpectedly ends leaving "Where's the rest?" Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time, in my opinion, was rather well done (all in all). After dealing with a rather slow beginning, it makes up for it all as the story progresses and the final judgement of the world comes upon Fayt Leingod and the team. Lacking in its ending, also, it seems to be a trademark started already. I could see them trying a Final Fantasy chain producing the Till the End of Time Anime, perhaps a theatrical movie.
What do people think regarding the ANIME series going for a Second Season to make up for the First Season's ending?
What do people think about the Game Series turning into an ongoing mega-franchize like Final Fantasy?
Anything information about possible information from Japan or elsewhere on this topic. Please share.

dragoninja
12-02-2005, 11:25 PM
One of the best role playing games ever created is Star Ocean: the second story ... a story of love, creation, friends, and destucion ... Star Ocean is in a leage of its own when it comes to depth and how much you can lose yourself in a game that gives you over 80 endings and gives new meaning to customize with endless ways to learn, buy, create, find, and steal not just thousands of items and weapons but skills, talents, cooking, magic, speacial moves, music, alchemy, knowlage of erbs, minerals, metals, gems, and even your sixth sence doesnt begin to decribe how deep this game realy is.

Yes, Final Fantasy is a great series but Star Ocean takes the rpg to a different level. I played the second story and thought it was ok then I bought the Stategy Guide and found out I only scratched the surface of what this game has to offer in terms of quantity, love, and in hidden places, characters, skills, items, and pieces of the story that I never knew existed.

Long story short - 2 worlds, an alternate reality, and a choice of how you live, love, make, and play in an ocean of possabilities.