PDA

View Full Version : LAN or Online?

Khanxay
11-27-2005, 05:43 PM
So which is better multiplayer game in lan or the online experience? If you dont know what Lan is, its local area networking. Basically lan is connecting coms or console system together of a greater multi player experience

I believe lan parties are the best multi-player experience. Even better than online play. Lan Parties were what 16 player games were made for. For example ill use the x-box and halo

A 4 player game with your friends is okay. But imagine Hooking up 4 x-boxes in one house. a 16 player frag-fest. Food and everything. Fragging all your best buddies in slayer. A party for gamers..nothing could be better.

SeijouOmni
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, I think I accidentally voted for Online...shame on me for that, because I really, REALLY think LAN is the best experience. It's harder to set up than online in gathering the people and equipment, but it's so much more rewarding. You get a group of good friends in addition to new people, you learn their strengths and weakness, and really get to socialize. I find that most people act like complete idiots online, especially Xbox Live. There are far too many ways around the online rules, but in real life you can physically ban people from playing, and people talk a lot less crap.

da'bEAST
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Well I'm on a rather large network.Now there are 50+ people "online".
There is nothing better for me than to receive a mesage like this:
"UT 2004 The usual players".Thats a raw translations from romanian which means all my good friends are up for a fight.Well I simply can't resist and I join in the frenzy.
I also like 1on1 matches (quake3,UT 2004) with my closest friends.Here I can show them how good I realy am or they can prove me the contrary.Them we always discuss the match the next day.
So for me nothing beats a nice LAN game with my friends.

Khanxay
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Well I'm on a rather large network.Now there are 50+ people "online".
There is nothing better for me than to receive a mesage like this:
"UT 2004 The usual players".Thats a raw translations from romanian which means all my good friends are up for a fight.Well I simply can't resist and I join in the frenzy.
I also like 1on1 matches (quake3,UT 2004) with my closest friends.Here I can show them how good I realy am or they can prove me the contrary.Them we always discuss the match the next day.
So for me nothing beats a nice LAN game with my friends.UT? yeah i still play that too. I only go online for my clan stuff. Otherwise im at the recreation center playing with some friends using lan

Blood Angel
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
LAN, its tons of fun. Being with your friends and playing against them in some of your favorite games.

Loljoke
11-28-2005, 02:51 PM
1: Lan
2: VPN
3: Online

I love them all :)

Oh and 16 player Xbox Lans are so fun!

evuljenius
11-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Online. I can never find anyone on LAN.

Loljoke
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Online. I can never find anyone on LAN.
May I say: 'Lol'?

You need to have other computers connected to your network or through a VPN to find anything on LAN.

red storm
11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
It depends on the game. Online is for MMORPG's only. With must multiplayer games like shooters and RTS games, LAN is the way. I do a multimedia course, and when it's luchtime we usually fire up some shooter or another. It's always fun when you get someone and he goes "Dammit! Who did that!" so you can stick your tongue out to them and hunt them some more..

Loljoke
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
It depends on the game. Online is for MMORPG's only. With must multiplayer games like shooters and RTS games, LAN is the way. I do a multimedia course, and when it's luchtime we usually fire up some shooter or another. It's always fun when you get someone and he goes "Dammit! Who did that!" so you can stick your tongue out to them and hunt them some more..
Yeah, the feeling and the enthusiasm, that's what gaming is all about.

Zingo
11-30-2005, 05:43 PM
LAN ofcourse, it's so much fun. When I'm on LAN we don't just play games, we watch movies and go out and have fun.

Khanxay
11-30-2005, 05:46 PM
1: Lan
2: VPN
3: Online

I love them all :)

Oh and 16 player Xbox Lans are so fun!
um..may i ask what VPN is? im totally clueless

Boo
11-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Lan.No lag.And i for one have xbox live at if you are not host you are totally screwed.(Not always just mainly)

Zingo
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
GaMeGoD: VPN stands for Virtual Personal Network

Khanxay
11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
eh? virtual personal network? never heard or it. o well...ill worry about it later

Zingo
11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
VPN is a Virtual made LAN. You can make it on across the internet ^^

Opinionated
11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
I aint ever played a LAN game, prolly cuz my comp is in the upstairs room of my house. and I aint ever heard of no VPN